[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

It's unfortunate this challenge has to have a deadline. I would like to complete, but at a more casual pace. No one likes to be rushed when trying to craft their art, right? What if this could be a reoccurring event, sorta like Lord Stanley's Cup, except monthlyish, and with slightly less bloodshed. And other challenges can be contained in respective threads.

The winners and screenshots can be featured in a sticky thread of clarified brilliance, and applicants may only submit one entry per challenge per fiscal quarter, or something.

Final Submission(WIP but MD5'd twice)

Solo Build default settings except 120 days and zombies don't run because they don't.

So, I was putting the finishing touches on the guest rooms at the main keep putting in a wall when the system flickered, and booted me out. I tried to record it but all I got was the stat menu. When I restarted, I knew what was happening. The center of the main keep, the mason's building complete with my building materials, three of my forges, and my dungeon(it may still be there but the entrance is gone, two sections of my outer wall, and my lumber mill all gone. I wish this damn xbox would have recorded the actual event but for some reason when I hit the record the last five minutes, all I got was back to the start menu.

The good news is the frustration got me to make my first video clip (sorry for the bad audio, I'll improve) so all wasn't a complete loss. Plus, this build has been loads of fun. Anyway, here's the link(I hope)

Final Submission(WIP but MD5'd twice)

Solo Build default settings except 120 days and zombies don't run because they don't.

So, I was putting the finishing touches on the guest rooms at the main keep putting in a wall when the system flickered, and booted me out. I tried to record it but all I got was the stat menu. When I restarted, I knew what was happening. The center of the main keep, the mason's building complete with my building materials, three of my forges, and my dungeon(it may still be there but the entrance is gone, two sections of my outer wall, and my lumber mill all gone. I wish this damn xbox would have recorded the actual event but for some reason when I hit the record the last five minutes, all I got was back to the start menu.

The good news is the frustration got me to make my first video clip (sorry for the bad audio, I'll improve) so all wasn't a complete loss. Plus, this build has been loads of fun. Anyway, here's the link(I hope)

Well done for keeping going despite the MD5; your build was rather impressive!

Dude... It left the lumber mill sign just hanging in the air so you could know exactly what it was... That's messed up.

Your build is massive and awesome even with the MD5 error. The inside of the keep looked like it had a garden after the wipe, so it wasn't too bad, although I bet your great hall was amazing.

While waiting for our next challenge I've spent most of the day watching streamers on Twitch. If I ever get internet good enough to handle it, Tozzy and I may have to start doing that ourselves. I highly recommend Games4Kickz, Kage_848, and BeardedGuysGaming. They all have fantastic builds and are very entertaining.

pics part 2

....im also going to note that the game did NOT give me the f-ing claw hammer book untill the day before i took the screenshots and video, this was all built with the stone axe, grumble, grumble, whine, moan.... xD

theres also a video on youtube at

forgive the commentary i was fried at the end of an extremely long day lol

1701021510_7DaystoDie_20170529025606.thumb.jpg.07820405de3d0016cdd35ca1ac08d0b7.jpg

....im also going to note that the game did NOT give me the f-ing claw hammer book untill the day before i took the screenshots and video, this was all built with the stone axe, grumble, grumble, whine, moan.... xD

theres also a video on youtube at

forgive the commentary i was fried at the end of an extremely long day lol

It's been worth waiting for - this is a beautiful build!

I was thinking about submitting my castle as a Finished Product, even though its mostly rough foundations that will defend against a 28 day horde with ease, but then, there's no proper towers or anything and I could just keep patching it little by little over the coming year, but that would be a douche move, so I won't, and will instead actually do the work that is expected of a castle builder and do it right, before calling it done. But that's just me.

You could always would on a build inspired by the challenge and not stick to the constraints. Nothing to stop you posting the build elsewhere in the forums. It sounds like it'll be an impressive one!

Clare

Looking good ya'll! Still a good few hours left in submission. I'll call it tomorrow morning my time. Give ye the new challenge, and then get to judging!

Ooh I can't wait until that new challenge comes up this time I'll be ready to compete:)

Thank ye, m'Lady. I shall do my best. To everyone who made it in time, best of luck and break a leg!

I'm still going to name the infirmary after you, since you have done so much to mend our broken hopes and dreams. Sister Clare's Hospital for Incessant Whiners, sound good?

Suggestion for future build challenge: Movie Set: applicants must design a scene from their favorite TV show / movie and the forum has to guess where it's from.

Shamalot #1 Winner right here! Finish Build

Hey Clare, thanks for hosting this challenge, was good fun for me and my little sister. Video link is here for the finished build. Then while uploading my sis went and added some extra building not included in the video lol. Cant wait till next one!

Shamalot #1 Winner right here! Finish Build Default/Medium difficulty multiplayer

Thanks Clare for hosting the challenges. I had actually just googled challenges for this game a few hours after you posted this so it worked out perfectly!!!!

i play on the xbox one and i have a base( more like Castle ) built in diersville... ive cleared a good majority of buildings on one side of the village and have built a fortress which is almost completely concrete to the second strength i'm on day 50 and I play at two hours per 24 hour day length me personally I think you would be very impressed with what I have built for as I am very proud of it

- - - Updated - - -

check me out d4us2tr0 on xbox if u want to see

May build challenge is now closed!

Edit now that I'm sitting at my desk:

Thanks everyone for taking part in the May Build Challenge! I will collect the entires and peruse them over the next few days and make a winners post shortly.

I'll update the June Build Challenge in a few moments in the original post so keep an eye out!

NEW CHALLENGE

(Also in Original Post)

[June 2017] Terrifying Build

Build Something where at the end you can take a still from a video or a screenshot that could be used for a scary movie poster.

Map Name: 7thSense

(I see dead people...like...everywhere... everyone does, it's a zombie apocalypse, man!)

I was so impressed with the creativity that came pouring out of everyone with the castle build, I wanted to give you something with a bit more room to play.

Maybe you'll build a Haunted Mansion... or a replica or the Overlook Hotel... Maybe you want to keep the Hills Silent and build a whole town... or just head to the Winchester to have a pint and wait for it all to blow over...

You can create something inspired by your favourite story, or create your own narrative about what you're building. In the end the aim is to have a shot from an angle that could be used as a promo photo, book cover, or movie poster for the horrific tale.

If you want to edit the image and add in a title and release date as part of your final submission be my guest!

This is also open to all scary genres, so Gore, Supernatural, Ghost Story etc etc

GOOD LUCK!

Archived