[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Okay, maybe a silly question, but my build would truly look best in the snow biome, but am a bit concerned about building a 30 block high tower on snow, especially as I have seen some of the flat areas change from snow to dirt, and don't want my foundation undermined. Has anyone built in the snow areas that melt away sometimes, and if so, any problems?

Just be careful. Snow can only stack out 3 blocks before collapsing, just like dirt. I'd recommend using iron with the snow for structural integrity.

Hope you're feeling better Clare!

I found a location by chance and started. Pretty boring stuff, but, I had several requests (friends that play 7days) to show more building.

Here it is - watch it if you're bored. LOL

Just laying out the area.

I decided to forge ahead with my build as I probably won't have time to complete it if I wait for the update to drop. Plus, I'd rather get the build done so I can have a bit of time getting used to and experimenting with the new stuff before the next building challenge.

I decided to forge ahead with my build as I probably won't have time to complete it if I wait for the update to drop. Plus, I'd rather get the build done so I can have a bit of time getting used to and experimenting with the new stuff before the next building challenge.

I couldn't do it. I'm dead in the water until the update and then I'll start over if time allows.:very_drunk:

I couldn't do it. I'm dead in the water until the update and then I'll start over if time allows.:very_drunk:

That's a shame; I hope you do have time to submit something.

The building is going quickly now - I spent 2 weeks (game time) setting up and exploring, sorting out the food and water and picking a spot to build on, then collecting the resources. I started the actually building on Saturday and had nearly finished it on Sunday's session. Should be done this weekend, all being well.

Historic Underground Base

So I thought I'd start a thread with builder challenges for players and each month I'll update this thread with a new challenge. You can post links to screenshots, or YouTube videos below to show off (this may be moved to Images and Videos at some stage, I'm not sure). Show us your WIP, your fails, your woes and your victories. Finally, show us your Final Build!

Rules:

1. Must be built on console or with materials and equipment only avail on console (no mods etc if PC players wanna play)

2. Chose one of three categories

- Extreme - All difficulty settings maxed, all timers and spawns mined.

- Moderate - All default settings, defend your construction as it goes up at your own pace.

- Easy - Creative/cheat mode, go nuts so long as you stay within the boundaries of Rule 1. If choosing your own rule-set (non default) post it with your Final Build shot.

3. Builds must be fresh, no using pre-built castles, but using previous plans is ok. All saves must start on Day 1 in RandomGen with name given each month.

4. Deadline is May 29th, that's just over a month to create your beauty.

5. Each post must be labeled [WIP] or [FINAL BUILD] and whatever category you choose - winners will only be chosen from Final Build posts.

Bugs may get in your way, they're certainly not desirable but the fact is they still exist for the moment, so watch out for them.

1. MD5 error, could wipe part of your build, have a backup of your save or a backup plan for repairs

2. Structural collapse - Large areas collapsing can cause the structural integrity in the area to become glitched, if you need to remove something, do it slowly.

3. Crashes - While some of your may want to go all out, more refined builds may be the better way to avoid crashes. If you see a UI flicker, or start to experience a lot of lag, log out and restart, this should help avoid a potential crash and MD5 error.

4. Very Important - If you find a bug, don't forget to record it in the Console Bug Reports section.

I'll pick some winners in the following categories:

Best Overall

Most Creative

Most Badass

Best Extreme

Best Moderate

Best Easy

Best Overall Solo Build

Best Overall Team Build

Some of those may overlap.

So lets start the Monthly List...

[May 2017] Castle Build

Build a castle worthy of ruling a kingdom in the post apocalypse

Map Name: Shamalot

(Lets not go there, tis a silly place)

Start Page: 1

Last Page: 22

Results:

[June 2017] Terrifying Build

Build Something where at the end you can take a still from a video or a screenshot that could be used for a scary movie poster.

Map Name: 7thSense

(I see dead people...like...everywhere... everyone does, it's a zombie apocalypse, man!)

Start Page: 22

Last Page:

Results:

Best of Luck and happy surviving!

Clare

*Clare is in no way responsible for your wife being mad at you for playing "That damn zombie screaming game"

Hey everyone! I would love for you to check out this base! Day 576 and and it includes an underground city, underwater buildings, tunnels, mansions, and more! Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!

Well, finally started getting into the build. "Damn! Bricks take a lot of material and time to make!" Anyway, I'm right across the street from town, just in case I get bored. Of course firing up the forges to make bricks gives me an occasional (ten in three game days) screamer just to keep me honest. If't funny though that the z's from town haven't come to investigate much. I pretty much had to walk through town handing out leaflets announcing my grand opening. Still only got maybe a half dozen curious onlookers, that soon got bored after I introduced them to my rusty friend.

Ah well, bones make glue, which makes duct tape, and duct tape fixes everything!

Not posting any pics yet, but I am recording every session just in case Mr MD5 comes to visit, so I can get his coordinates and call in a Dev strike. Heard that they got new AMM's (Anti-MD5 Missiles) that can destroy bad code.

First clue to my build-Zombies are mindless bodies operating on instinct-Why mindless?

They were posted but unfortunately an MD5 error wiped them out and we will be forced to start from day 1!

(Just kidding. I'm sure Clare will get to it once things with this new update smooth out. I'm pretty sure she's been swamped just feeding the hungry sharks that swarm around her waiting for tidbits. They're lucky it's her. Personnally I'd have told them off after the first 100 times they asked if the updates were downloading yet.)

Amityville horror

I had started to build the actual amityville horror house, heard about the update and completely opted out of this months build competition. Good luck to everyone else, maybe someone else will finish my build so i can see my idea completed lol.

This build is going slow, especially with everything else that's going on, but I hope to be finished with the outer shell by the weekend, and just have to do the interior (which is what will make it a scary build anyway.) I ended up scaling it way back in fear of the dreaded MD5 that hit me last build, plus I found an area that needed almost no excavation prior to building. I am, unfortunately right next to a clay deposit(didn't realize it until I got started on the second wing build and saw the cotton.

It's not as massive as the castle (Kind of) being only one structure, but its been a blast. Plus, now that I have the fence up, I get regular visits from the community so we can stand around and chat a bit before I bash their heads in.

- - - Updated - - -

I had started to build the actual amityville horror house, heard about the update and completely opted out of this months build competition. Good luck to everyone else, maybe someone else will finish my build so i can see my idea completed lol.

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but felt the blocks available wouldn't do it justice. I opted for Danvers instead, a modified version of course because the place was huge. Still having problems finding blocks to make the appearance right. Damn windows and peaked roofs!

Archived