[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Well, this is definitely the most fun we've had on this map. Final build was submitted last night, so tonight we decided to send it off in style. 2 parts, because of a crash. the system couldn't handle the awesomeness.

under 4 mins,

47 mins long, and i die in the best /worst way ever.

Dont you you just love blowing things up. I used to be in the British Army (ENGR) and that was part of my job, blowing ♥♥♥♥ up. EXCELLENT.

Your castle is amazing too, Grinderbloke. I like the coastal fortress idea. I'm surprised the water was that shallow by hub city there.

There was a sand bank where i have built, only found it by chance. Was running through hub city on day 1 and soon remembered that's not the best idea on day 1 when you are in your underpants. So quickly made my escape and found the water, after a little swim i was there. My plan was to build like a Robin Hood sort of thing in the forest but changed my mind when i was on the island crying for my mum.

I will do a video of the the under water outside next.

Have to admot mine has stopped, was not enjoying the build and gave up on it:( maybr the next challenge will be more my thing

Its hard to build a castle when we dont have draw bridges if i am honest. But in all the time i have owned the game (since its 1st day of release) i have never built a castle. I always seems to build modern building, or as best with the blocks we have available.

ive forgotten how much extra effort solo builds require.... ive laid roughly 8k in just cement mix and im only about halfway done

its so much more time consuming mining AND building lol

and on the plus side my stone mine tunnel is already a half mile long and i might just link my castle to my swanky and lavish in-town temporary encampment (jims cars)

[WIP] [PS4] [Moderate (Default) Settings] [solo Build]

Done a bit of landscaping (still need to do a bit more to tidy up) and almost finished the gatehouse. Did a bit of work on the outer wall too. Want to focus on the outer wall and gatehouse so I can get the spikes down and deter the zombies that keep wandering up to take a look.

Picture's in the gloom again - seems to be raining most of the time on Shamalot, very stormy too. I'm used to getting dull periods in the maple forest but it seems to be raining more than normal. Does anyone know if this is because I'm close to the border with another biome? I've got a snow biome running along side of me, very close.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20273[/ATTACH]

It rains often in the snow biome so that might be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Just, wow. Your castle is an actual authentic castle. You may have the win on this one for sure. And I thought the scale of mine was big. This is just amazing.

It rains often in the snow biome so that might be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Just, wow. Your castle is an actual authentic castle. You may have the win on this one for sure. And I thought the scale of mine was big. This is just amazing.

Believe it or not, a few minutes after I took that photo, the sun came out!

As for scale, the castle isn't as big as the picture makes it look. Excluding the gatehouse, it's around 60x60 blocks, give or take a few. Still, it's a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. I'm pleased with how its turning out though; at one point I wondered if I'd got a bit too ambitious.

These are all looking amazing! Just remember, even if you were hit by an MD5 or your castle is only half done you can still submit ^_^

Just so I have this right, only Funk has submitted (and then destroyed) the final build?

These are all looking amazing! Just remember, even if you were hit by an MD5 or your castle is only half done you can still submit ^_^

Just so I have this right, only Funk has submitted (and then destroyed) the final build?

You are correct. Funk went out in a beautiful blaze of awesome.

Yes, so far. I hope to post a video tour of mine in the next couple of days - I've got a little bit of building on the roof to do, then its landscaping, removing my temporary base and decorating - hope to be done by tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.

If anyone wonders where I got all those gas barrels, once we had submitted our build, I proceeded to use the minibike dupe glitch to make them. Between the wife and I, we used almost 4500 gas barrels. Stacked to the rafters on each building, lol.

Well, after the MD5 that took half my castle on day 14, I got a bit frustrated, but eventually got back to work. Unfortunately, THE "One Tree" fell during a mind freeze, so all I have left is my Temple pond which I decided to add a diving board to and go for a swim. The rest of the build is nearly complete, just the finishing touches on the gatehouse, and the inn, should be ready by Friday.

Of course, this was supposed to be a group build with my son, but the constant crashing on xbox1 multiplayer got him so frustrated he said "F-it" so this has been a solo endeavor. The scale got out of hand so I won't have time for much in the way of décor, but the structures will all be done.

(The footprint is just over 7200 blocks square or 65x112)

)Hopefully my kid will at least help me make the video.)

You have until the 29th. My wife and I got tired of the build and ran out of ideas, so we finished early. We also hit the build hardcore for 2 weeks so we got a lot done early.

I enjoyed your Castle blow up video.

I have some Landscaping left, figure out a different way of doing a console "drawbridge", and furnishings/decor. :)

Mine got corrupt somehow on the second creative i had started and couldnt load it up. So my entry would be my concrete shell with partially finished wall n towers n floor. After two map f-ups i lost heart. Ill try again next 1. I do have a couple of good map seeds for you to look at Clare for next challenge. One is SuperFlu the other is MickeyMouse.

i think the map names should always coincide with the build type, for example Shamalot is a great name for a castle build

a few other ideas.....

Rapture - Underwater structure/city

Vault-Tec - Underground bunker build

UrbanDevelop - Make a whole city block

Burj Khalifa - Tallest build possible

Atlantis - Over the water build

Escher - Structure built only using stair pieces (lol)

....just tossin a few ideas out there...

Archived