[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

****Drumroll****

Thanks to everyone who took part and submitted builds for the Castle Builder Challenge! I wasn't sure how popular this would be but it's great to see so many players enjoying them!

Its taken a while, but I've now made my decision for the MAY Builder Challenge! I look forward to seeing June's Entry, and especially any post patch 10 entries in July!

Without further ado....

Winners:

Best Overall - Damselx1

Such and impressive build and I loved the flags on the outside! Congrats!

Most Creative - Chaoscow

Such an unusual tower style! I loved it =)

Most Badass - Hoots

That build was huuuuuuge! Well done!

Best Extreme / Best use of Giraffes - Clay37

NO GIRAFFES!

Best Moderate - Funkinstein

I loved that tiled flooring!

Best Easy ---NO ENTRY---

Best Overall Solo Build / MD5 Survivor! - Sandman2838

All that... on yer own? wow! Even with the rests it's all very impressive!

Best Overall Team Build - Platypusmuerte

Awesome Team effort! Really loved the style, great defenses too!

Honorable Mentions:

Creativity - Static_Shadow

That "drawbridge" was genius!

Solo Build - Grinderbloke

That was an awesome build dude!

Most Bug Reports to come out of this challenge - Funk

Thanks for sharing all you learnt while participating

Thank you for running such an interesting challenge - I know I learned a few things from the build and seeing what everyone came up with was just amazing! It will be interesting to see what people come up with for the next one.

Of course, with the new content coming, it might be time to clear out my finished builds - tempted to do a Funkinstein and blow them up before deleting the file.

****Drumroll****

Thanks to everyone who took part and submitted builds for the Castle Builder Challenge! I wasn't sure how popular this would be but it's great to see so many players enjoying them!

Its taken a while, but I've now made my decision for the MAY Builder Challenge! I look forward to seeing June's Entry, and especially any post patch 10 entries in July!

Without further ado....

Winners:

Best Overall - Damselx1

Such and impressive build and I loved the flags on the outside! Congrats!

Most Creative - Chaoscow

Such an unusual tower style! I loved it =)

Most Badass - Hoots

That build was huuuuuuge! Well done!

Best Extreme / Best use of Giraffes - Clay37

NO GIRAFFES!

Best Moderate - Funkinstein

I loved that tiled flooring!

Best Easy ---NO ENTRY---

Best Overall Solo Build / MD5 Survivor! - Sandman2838

All that... on yer own? wow! Even with the rests it's all very impressive!

Best Overall Team Build - Platypusmuerte

Awesome Team effort! Really loved the style, great defenses too!

Honorable Mentions:

Creativity - Static_Shadow

That "drawbridge" was genius!

Solo Build - Grinderbloke

That was an awesome build dude!

Most Bug Reports to come out of this challenge - Funk

Thanks for sharing all you learnt while participating

Why thank you much, shame i couldn't of finished, but work always comes first.

Know im late for this but new to the forums and just wanted to show off my WIP moat and castle im currently doing.

The moat is filled entirely with concrete and will have every other block with spikes [easier to jump down and repair then] before being filled with water [another long task but worth it!]. The actual castle i've only just laid down the base layer but still got to upgrade most of it to concrete but the outside wall will be cobblestone.

In the middle of the castle will be a pathway down underground which will be below the moat so as to easily repair any damage done to it. This underground repair base will also be used as a pathway to a secret base inside the mountain just behind the castle.

Before the moat however, the ground will be lowered [to be even all around] before having sand laid a few blocks ahead of it to create a beach effect. On this beach will be a set pattern of land mines and also barbed wire fences/spikes [to create a war beach effect]. With the only way into the castle being the bridge [once moat is set i will destroy 2 blocks so the zombies cant just walk over it] i have also placed land claim boxes so that players cannot destroy the doors easily and will be dealt with easily.

All this should make the base both zombie and player proof then! Inside will also be an armoury room with iron armour and weapons for purely roleplaying needs. Will be streaming more of the castle building today too if anybody is interested :)

[sooooo much stone farming!]

So my bro's Internet finally held it together long enough so we could get the recording done to show off our build.

Had great fun doing this, looking forward to using all the new blocks on the next one :D

Haha! Nice! I giggled at the end.

So my bro's Internet finally held it together long enough so we could get the recording done to show off our build.

Had great fun doing this, looking forward to using all the new blocks on the next one :D

Love the video! Just sub'd too as that video looks good enough to be a game in its own right.

That was great, I knew someone else was in the game with you from the frames falling, but I jumped at that. Great job!!!

Very well done. That was definitely creepy and some creative thinking.

I won't be submitting this one. Between PC A16 and my Final Fantasy 14 expansion that just dropped last week, I haven't even tried to pick the console version. Back up yet. I will be back at it for the next challenge probably. But I'm still looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with.

Alright, it's time. The Illuminati has summoned you.

http://i.imgur.com/CKQBFIJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TjS88KD.jpg

You can watch us and all our shenanigans here

Holy crap that's a hell of a build! Great job :D

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be doing a builder challenge for July? If so when will we be notified of the theme?

I hope so, really enjoyed doing this months and seeing everyone else's creations. Clare normally posts on the deadline day (which I think is today) what the next challenge is going to be. Just keep your eyes out in this thread :)

Archived