[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

i think the map names should always coincide with the build type, for example Shamalot is a great name for a castle build

a few other ideas.....

Rapture - Underwater structure/city

Vault-Tec - Underground bunker build

UrbanDevelop - Make a whole city block

Burj Khalifa - Tallest build possible

Atlantis - Over the water build

Escher - Structure built only using stair pieces (lol)

....just tossin a few ideas out there...

Stairs are hard to work with.😁 That is a great idea though.

Hey guys, I found something disturbing about the MD5 errors, if they can even be called that anymore. I made a bug report about it. IF you do read the report, please refrain from fighting or rampaging against anyone or anything. Fighting and nastiness are not going to help, but i think i have found THE core problem with terrain resets. Keep an open mind about it all and if you want to help figure this thing out, do so responsibly please. I may be risking a lot uncovering this, because it's all hush hush from the responsible side. Some of what we were told about how the game saves and the limitations of the consoles is correct-ish.

Okay call this a WIP but it may be my final. I got a weird terrain glitch where I could see through the ground and see my tunnels underneath. The glitch is shown in this video. Entirely done on insane difficulty, no armor no sledgehammers etc etc...

Let me know what you think ☺

Also no duping.

Cheers,

Clay

Okay call this a WIP but it may be my final. I got a weird terrain glitch where I could see through the ground and see my tunnels underneath. The glitch is shown in this video. Entirely done on insane difficulty, no armor no sledgehammers etc etc...

Also no duping.

Cheers,

Clay

Very nice build Clay. Definitely easy to defend and I laughed hard at the fine art booth. Clare is gonna love that part. :)

Such good builds everyone! I love how everyone has taken the design differently. I was worried the next challenge might find people stuck with similar designs... but now I'm excited to see how you all interpret it - Part of the challenge I guess!

I've started a spreadsheet where I'm keeping track of player Final Builds, so don't forget, when you want to submit please title your post FINAL BUILD like Funk did.

No takesbacksies so make sure you're completely happy with your design! Screenshots and video clips are both allowed. If you need to host on a 3rd party site like Imgur, that's cool, just link me. Similarly PS4 can upload directly to YouTube but if you're on XB1 and want to use 1drive then I'm all for that too =D

5 Days to go!!

tic toc tic toc...

FINAL - Shamalot

So our settings for the build are all on normal difficulty, not creative. 3 of us played, I did most of the building, but Mrs Platy and our friend Ghost helped with defenses, and hunting/foraging. Only had 1 terrain reset to deal with, and it was early on so no major loss.

Here is a album of images of our Shamalot: http://imgur.com/a/aYEDN

Here is a walk-thru video:

Sorry, I took the screenshots and walkthru at the end of a stream, so sorry for my mug! haha

• Difficulty: Normal
  • Players: 3
  • Creative: OFF

[FINAL BUILD] [PS4] [Moderate (Default) Settings] [solo Build]

So here it is, my final build of the castle. This has been done as a solo build (single player Shamalot map), on moderate difficulty (so default settings). I would have added commentary as I toured the castle, but when I did a test run, I could barely hear my voice, yet the game sounds were as normal - may need to try playing with the settings for future videos. Hopefully you can see what I've tried to do.

Oh, and it's my first every youtube video; the jerky camera is me trying to make sure I get as much in view as possible, not lag from the console. I will get better - I promise.

Hope you enjoy it.

Also no duping.

Cheers,

Clay

It looks fantastic, very strong!

As for your glitch - I had an issue like this on a couple of occasions. I've usually been able to fix it by either wacking the ground around the glitch, or just quitting out and reloading the map. Hope it's not affecting your build.

So here it is, my final build of the castle. This has been done as a solo build (single player Shamalot map), on moderate difficulty (so default settings). I would have added commentary as I toured the castle, but when I did a test run, I could barely hear my voice, yet the game sounds were as normal - may need to try playing with the settings for future videos. Hopefully you can see what I've tried to do.

Oh, and it's my first every youtube video; the jerky camera is me trying to make sure I get as much in view as possible, not lag from the console. I will get better - I promise.

Hope you enjoy it.

VERY nice, good job.

It looks fantastic, very strong!

As for your glitch - I had an issue like this on a couple of occasions. I've usually been able to fix it by either wacking the ground around the glitch, or just quitting out and reloading the map. Hope it's not affecting your build.

Thank You!

The glitch was there this morning when I reloaded (49 day horde before work:), I'll try the ground wacking thing tonight.

Thank You!

The glitch was there this morning when I reloaded (49 day horde before work:), I'll try the ground wacking thing tonight.

Hope it works out for you. What I did was whack along the ground close to it; the land popped back piece by piece, until I must have hit a sweet spot and it all sprang back.

Lol thanks, I know it was good, but you, Platy and Clay built some super impressive things that I wish I had thought of, lol. If I'm going to lose, I want it to be to something amazing. That said, I'm happy to lose because the scale and detail of all 3 of your bases is amazing.

That damn wasn't from disappointment, more like oh holy damn, look at that thing, lol.

Impressive guys. Mine is going to be a WIP when submitted, work commitments have taken over and had to go away lodging. Lets hope the next build will give us a lot more blocks and things to play with (Fun Pimps are you listening). Just goes to show the console community is still going strong, we just needs more stuff to play with now.

Lol thanks, I know it was good, but you, Platy and Clay built some super impressive things that I wish I had thought of, lol. If I'm going to lose, I want it to be to something amazing. That said, I'm happy to lose because the scale and detail of all 3 of your bases is amazing.

That damn wasn't from disappointment, more like oh holy damn, look at that thing, lol.

I said pretty much the same thing when I saw your build. I couldn't believe the size of it; it made mine look tiny by comparison. I've been really impressed and surprised by the builds people have shown; there's some very creative people here.

Hope it works out for you. What I did was whack along the ground close to it; the land popped back piece by piece, until I must have hit a sweet spot and it all sprang back.

I tried, no luck though - covered the entire thing with wood frames...

I'm going to proceed on cleaning up the back area and hope for the best.

Archived