[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

just a thought as we progress through these monthly builder challenges...

how about each month the challenged is stickied until the day after the due date, then its un-stickied as the new one comes in.

we can just tag each thread with the month and build theme

this way we dont wind up with a 128 page thread by july and its easier to sift thru

....just a thought....

That's a good idea. Not sure I'm that talented though. But I believe I can make the dead mining colony on the planet from Aliens. Because making a mine and that looks like the inside of a xenomorph was my first thought. That will be the hardest part, but I think I can pull it off.

That's a good idea. Not sure I'm that talented though. But I believe I can make the dead mining colony on the planet from Aliens. Because making a mine and that looks like the inside of a xenomorph was my first thought. That will be the hardest part, but I think I can pull it off.

Well, this is all about challenging ourselves! I have to admit, my first thought was 'what on earth could I do, I don't watch horror movies or read horror stories'. I thought I might have had to sit this one out but then an idea sneaked in and surprised me, so I'm giving it a go, even if the subject is outside my comfort zone. That's what I like about these challenges - it forces me to think and play differently to my normal methods and I'm learning as I go.

Well, this is all about challenging ourselves! I have to admit, my first thought was 'what on earth could I do, I don't watch horror movies or read horror stories'. I thought I might have had to sit this one out but then an idea sneaked in and surprised me, so I'm giving it a go, even if the subject is outside my comfort zone. That's what I like about these challenges - it forces me to think and play differently to my normal methods and I'm learning as I go.

Nice, I can't wait to see what it is.

:boom:

Man am I lost. LOL

That's how I felt - while I play the game, I'm not really one for horror movies and books. So, I started googling pictures of haunted houses, horror movie posters and front covers of books and an idea crept in.

My idea is to build a house across the boundary of two biomes (a nice forest and either a wasteland or burnt forest biome). One side will be well kept, the other falling into disrepair (how I'm going to build this is anyone's guess). I've found a good area to build, just need to find a town nearby and I'm all set. I haven't decided yet whether to go for the 'split personality' or 'wasteland consumes all' theme yet, but since I need to scout the area and gather food, water and materials, I don't have to decide straight away.

Hope you manage to come up with something, I'd love to see your creation.

Well, the wife and I played this new map for day 1 and I have to say, I really like this map. I haven't streamed but I did remember I can use the PS4 share button to save some footage that I will edit together.

It's going to be called Terrifying Montage part 1. We haven't even started our build and I've had some scary stuff happen already. First it spawned me right at the North side of hub city. That is scary enough. Once I got far enough away that I felt safe, I made like 200 wood frames and nerdpoled up to get a lay of the land. Just to the west of hub city was a town and a just a short way more north of that is yet another town. So I set my controller in my lap for some unknown reason and turned to excitedly get my wife's attention. To show her what I found. The. As I turned back, I shifted in my chair. Big mistake at 178m up. My character fell. Fast. I tried to grab as many frames as I could, which was about 15 before I smacked the ground.

Then it spawned me southeast of hub city in the wastelands. I found a gun and mining helmet right off and was glad I died so I could find them. Then I had 2 choices. Swim and be safe, although night time was coming and running zombies and nowhere to hide is bad, or run along the edge of hub city. Guess which one I chose. Yup, I had a gun and ammo, so hub city it was. Zombies where all over my ass about 30 seconds in and I'm running like hell.

All was going well, then a dog happened. He bit me in the ass and then the face. So 14 bullets later and no stamina left, I stop and make a bandage. I stopped bleeding at 4 hit points. 4. Hit. Points. Zombies are still coming and I eat a couple pain pills I had found and start running again. Then at the North edge I hear the worst thing ever. BURRRPPPP!!!!!

Damn cops.... So I keep running 5 feet later I find out he was a canine unit and he let his dog loose. ♥♥♥♥. No stamina and 11 bullets left from when I found the gun and ammo. So I kill doggie with no problem and have 4 bullets left. Escaping the hub finally I get my backpack and trudge to the town off to the west.

It was a Terrifying start befitting the map challenge name.

Well, the wife and I played this new map for day 1 and I have to say, I really like this map. I haven't streamed but I did remember I can use the PS4 share button to save some footage that I will edit together.

It's going to be called Terrifying Montage part 1. We haven't even started our build and I've had some scary stuff happen already. First it spawned me right at the North side of hub city. That is scary enough. Once I got far enough away that I felt safe, I made like 200 wood frames and nerdpoled up to get a lay of the land. Just to the west of hub city was a town and a just a short way more north of that is yet another town. So I set my controller in my lap for some unknown reason and turned to excitedly get my wife's attention. To show her what I found. The. As I turned back, I shifted in my chair. Big mistake at 178m up. My character fell. Fast. I tried to grab as many frames as I could, which was about 15 before I smacked the ground.

Then it spawned me southeast of hub city in the wastelands. I found a gun and mining helmet right off and was glad I died so I could find them. Then I had 2 choices. Swim and be safe, although night time was coming and running zombies and nowhere to hide is bad, or run along the edge of hub city. Guess which one I chose. Yup, I had a gun and ammo, so hub city it was. Zombies where all over my ass about 30 seconds in and I'm running like hell.

All was going well, then a dog happened. He bit me in the ass and then the face. So 14 bullets later and no stamina left, I stop and make a bandage. I stopped bleeding at 4 hit points. 4. Hit. Points. Zombies are still coming and I eat a couple pain pills I had found and start running again. Then at the North edge I hear the worst thing ever. BURRRPPPP!!!!!

Damn cops.... So I keep running 5 feet later I find out he was a canine unit and he let his dog loose. ♥♥♥♥. No stamina and 11 bullets left from when I found the gun and ammo. So I kill doggie with no problem and have 4 bullets left. Escaping the hub finally I get my backpack and trudge to the town off to the west.

Lol! My work here is done :D

I did forget one other Terrifying thing. We had killed enough deer and pigs otw to the town between the 2 of us that we were short 3 hides for from having 2 forges by that night so I went hunting and got distracted by a cemetary I didn't have to break into.

I went in killed a few zombies and got some loot. Then I hear this friggen bear having a go with 3 zombies so I freak out because it was real damn close. I turn left and there he is, against the fence killing his friends. Then he turns and tried to charge me. Did I mention there was a fence? He jumped up onto the brick foundation and clips halfway through the damn thing. So I unload the last 4 bullets I have in his face and about 20 arrows taking him down. So we got our 2 forges on day 1. And I had to go pee afterwards. Like I said. Terrifying start.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol! My work here is done :D

You say that, but I have a feeling it's just beginning. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for sharing this made me laugh so much.

Hopefully me and the guys can get in on this challenge, just need to think of a good idea to get started :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for sharing this made me laugh so much.

Hopefully me and the guys can get in on this challenge, just need to think of a good idea to get started :)

Just start playing and building up materials while you come up with an idea that way you have a jump on the grind to build.

Brilliant story!

Has anyone else found the green diner yet? Its either in the hub or the town 1.2km to the south of that, i cant recall which it was because i was in creative mode scoping out the map before i lay a single frame and had the burning desire to raze a few office buildings.... so i got sidetracked and forgot which of the two towns i was annihilating that it was in. But ot WAS there, its only like the 2nd or 3rd time ive come across the green one

Has anyone else found the green diner yet? Its either in the hub or the town 1.2km to the south of that, i cant recall which it was because i was in creative mode scoping out the map before i lay a single frame and had the burning desire to raze a few office buildings.... so i got sidetracked and forgot which of the two towns i was annihilating that it was in. But ot WAS there, its only like the 2nd or 3rd time ive come across the green one

Will check my recordings when I get home in about an hour. I think its south, but not sure.

Edit: It is to the South of the Hub.

Archived