[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

WIP Sneak Peak

Here is a small sneak peak before the reveal this weekend. I have a few more things to add, so it's not done yet. Details man, details.

oh, and btw, I'm exactly 100 frames up for this pick to prevent any spoilers, but feel free to guess on what the new additions are, lol.

overview.jpg.734353f3fb23212a705c35fe49a18c50.jpg

Well, i replaced the wall, but the hole was way too big to refill, and i lost the jail cells and most of the dungeon i had made, so i did a little section to kill zombies with and a minibike ramp that goes underground. I nerdpoled up about 10 or so blocks to give y'all a better look at the extent of the collapse and to see some of what i just covered it up with because I've been building for far too long on this thing and I'm just ready to submit it this weekend before anything else happens to it, lol. Bigger is not better for sure, just more things to go awry.

Such a shame; it was going so well. At least you managed to do something with the area and well done for staying positive - some people would have given up if it had happened to them.

Can you view thumbnails on phone? I can't seem to. I'll look at it later when I feel like turning in the pc. Ha

Top right corner, request desktop site, then expand the pic.

Sorry Funk! Great work man.

Vasco that's how I did it without getting the laptop out of the pickup.😀

Well, I'm out. Half of my Santa Castle is now at the bottom of a lake. No idea what caused the collapse as I was only upgrading a wood support beam to iron. My snowman was above me, that was very heavy, but I've never had a collapse from upgrading wood. I dunno, just ranting. Anywho, good luck to those who are participating. I can't wait to see all your awesome and creative ideas. Beware, next month it's ON like donkey kong.

Final build

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This is my final build. In this video we have a night and day time tour of the base, so you can see the differences and the reasons for the lighting placement. My wife Tozzy and I both hope you will like it and have enjoyed this ride with us. the video is short, only 37 minutes. ENJOY!!

Well, I'm out. Half of my Santa Castle is now at the bottom of a lake. No idea what caused the collapse as I was only upgrading a wood support beam to iron. My snowman was above me, that was very heavy, but I've never had a collapse from upgrading wood. I dunno, just ranting. Anywho, good luck to those who are participating. I can't wait to see all your awesome and creative ideas. Beware, next month it's ON like donkey kong.

That's rough - is there no way to salvage your build?

Goodbye Shamalot!!

Well, this is definitely the most fun we've had on this map. Final build was submitted last night, so tonight we decided to send it off in style. 2 parts, because of a crash. the system couldn't handle the awesomeness.

under 4 mins,

47 mins long, and i die in the best /worst way ever.

So the oddest bug ive found happened on Shamalot in between building days...

I jumped from day 30-94 without time passing, literally in between two gaming sessions...

I know i didnt fall asleep playing again because im still at 0 deaths so i havent starved lol

Someone else reported this a couple of weeks ago as well. Good for relooting, bad for everything else.

[WIP] [PS4] [Moderate (Default) Settings] [solo Build]

Well, had two long sessions this weekend. On Saturday, I added definition to the bottom of the walls, and roofed off the castle. Took a screen shot, intending to post it on here (which I can't for some reason). When I was viewing the image,

I realised my original plan for the roof was not going to work so today was spent fixing the roof,

starting the outer wall and building the first turret.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20253[/ATTACH]

Planning on using some of next week's annual leave to get this thing finished. Definitely learning a lot with making such a large build (my normal sized base would fit inside my castle four times over).

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This is my final build. In this video we have a night and day time tour of the base, so you can see the differences and the reasons for the lighting placement. My wife Tozzy and I both hope you will like it and have enjoyed this ride with us. the video is short, only 37 minutes. ENJOY!!

It looks fantastic! I know you had the collapse but even so, this is amazing.

Well, this is definitely the most fun we've had on this map. Final build was submitted last night, so tonight we decided to send it off in style. 2 parts, because of a crash. the system couldn't handle the awesomeness.

under 4 mins,

47 mins long, and i die in the best /worst way ever.

Hilarious! Thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG!!! Your castle is amazing Damsel!!

Well, its doing okay now I've sorted the roof out, but yesterday I hated it and was talking about remodelling it with dynamite or oil barrels. Mind you, after watching your video, I think I'll stay away from blowing things up for a while (I have a tendency to get caught in the explosions). Glad you like it - I've never attempted anything on this scale before (outside of Minecraft at least) so it's been quite the learning experience for me.

Archived