[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

- A very strange bug - AFTER trying to assemble something that results in

"SDX:Could not find asset '****'

ArguementException: The Thing you want to instantiate is null

....if I try to assemble or continue assembling another item the assemble action/menu crashes and I cant assemble again. Reloggin sometimes fixes this but I do have a few "bugged" partial engine and gun assemblies.

I've found that this can happen if you find a full item and you try to "assemble" it, when the item, or one of its sub-items is ♥♥♥♥ed up. This was occurring earlier (maybe still?) with the compactdriver

Quick Question or 2 is the server EAC enabled and should i enable it?

EAC should definitely be disabled for this mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to join just getting console drop with red null and exception errors before load. Have to kill task manually.

Are you using the 7D2D Mod Launcher?

Spider,

I think you commented on this topic in the JZMod base thread but would you consider increasing the stack size on certain blocks? One idea on this topic is that the stack size in a container is larger then the bag...aka stone stacks to 5000 in a storage container but when a player grabs that stack it breaks down to max 1000 stack sizes. I'm not sure if this is possible OR if it might be prone to exploits but that would help a lot with storage.

A second idea is just increase the stack size on some of the items (and you don't have to take to 500 stack sizes). Raising bandages from a 5 stack size to 15 stack would go a long way etc.

Thanks for the great mod.

Update-

Fixed weapons not assembling and disassembling

Added missing Schematic books for new weapons to loot T3 Steel containers

Lowered Apple Tree spawn and harvest slightly

Lowered Claw Hammer unlock to player level 5 down from 10

Added Iron Tool Perk(oops! lol)

Added Electric Spear Perk and Recipe

Added Auto Crossbow Perk

Fixed Hatch upgrade problem

Changed starter items (Old Axe,Old Wrench....)to be received from starting the profession quest so they have full durability (ty forums)

Increased zombie loot

Increased Calipers chance to drop everywhere they do

Made Calipers a guaranteed drop in treasure chest quest loot

Added some more descriptions and Icons

So here is what i know so far, all bread is broken in campfire(read book, have grill,no craft button),is the forge a wood or metal workbench item??,advancing the tables is very dependent on have a wrench(due to finding the parts)which also makes upgrading the spikes impossible,(before i thought that could be done with sticks in hand?)will post more when i think of them(game has me completely screwed in the head right now, i love and hate it so much lol

Anyone having lag issues when opening a Forge that is running/forging? My game keeps on lagging when I do that, I am playing a SP game, I started with the old True Survival mod(i am now using the SDX one) when I noticed the lag when using the Forge. I never experienced this on Vanilla game.

Yep...I get this too. I'm hosting a MP game (non SDX version) and anytime I use the forge it's massive lag. My friend that plays with me does not get the lag in the same game. It must only be related to the host. I don't get the lag in the vanilla game either.

Car alarm- I know you stated to me in game that when "tripped" this increases the surrounding Heat Map, but I haven't see a single Z react, get drawn to, or find me based on this. To me this should be a totally "oh ♥♥♥♥" moment. You may wish to turn this up.

I've noticed this as well. Car alarms are a non-event. It would be interesting if they had the screamer effect and called a horde. As it is now car alarms are not intimidating.

Candles will melt after about 30 mins being placed - not working

I've never witnessed candles to melt and leave them up all the time now. This would make us more conscientious if they did.

Please increase the basket size on the minibike. You've added so many more items to game play it's a detractor that we are stuck back with the original ♥♥♥♥ty basket size.

I'm not sure I totally agree with this one since part of the game has always been inventory management and prioritizing what to take on the fly. It did give me an idea for possibly crafting bigger baskets, however. Bigger baskets should not be a gimme but working towards it might be fun and rewarding.

I'm not sure I totally agree with this one since part of the game has always been inventory management and prioritizing what to take on the fly. It did give me an idea for possibly crafting bigger baskets, however. Bigger baskets should not be a gimme but working towards it might be fun and rewarding.

I would be very much for the expanded basket being a mid level high end crafted item.

@grieverskel & CornDoggyDizzle-

Please post your bugs and suggestions in the correct thread. This is the SDX version please use the normal True Survival thread for things pertaining to it. Thank you.

@synergylinks102-

Sure I have already started doing that on most crafting items. If you see some that needs increasing just post them for me and your suggested stack size. I will not be doing it for food, drinks and meds though. My thoughts on it are the construction and crafting items for the most part should just take up one inventory space it not like its less immersion breaking to carry 5000 logs than 1000 logs. But for the survival stuff like food, drinks and meds i want to keep the inventory management part more, so no I will not be increasing those stack sizes. If anything really good smelly foods may only stack in 1 per inventory spot.

The container and bag having different stack sizes is not something that could be easily done.

@Napolis-

You can not bake on the Campfire, you need a Stove to bake things.

*******************************************************************************************

And for the other bugs reported I will get to them. The above is just what i could get done before work this morning. I will post the bug fixes so if I say i fixed something and its not fixed please let me know.

Bug Report: Burglar Quest Reward Incorrect (Profession Quest)

As of 02/24/2017 4:00pm CST:

Based on reading the quest (Profession Quest) and the quests.xml, the reward for completing the id="StartBurglar" quest should be a LockPickGun with a value of 600. However after completing this quest, my inventory was filled up with lvl 5 faulty lockpick guns. I'm assuming this is a bug.

Update

Fixed the Iron tools to player level 25

Fixed Car Alarm to guarantee a zombie come looking. Takes a few seconds.

Fixed it so Calipers is a guaranteed drop in the Treasure Chest

Small chance for Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher to drop in Treasure Chest

Destroy Cave Moss to collect it

Disassemble a Barbed Wire Fence to pick it up

Added alternate Healing Cream-Herbal Cream. Functions same as Aloe Cream but made from Goldenrod+Zinc Powder+Forest Flower

Added Generators to Rare Tool and Working Stiffs loot

Added Chance for all workstations to drop in Working Stiffs loot

Added Old Revolver, Old Axe and Old Rifle with a chance to drop almost anywhere and better chance in cars

Added information in the Primitive Crafting description to show the levels the free recipes will unlock at

Increased many items to stack up top 5000

Added recipe for the Stove on the Anvil that can be used to bake in.

Recipe to make feather out of scrap plastic on the stove

Added Perk for Katana made of steel

Fixed Tallow on the chem station

Added Power Lines to loot

Update

Fixed Car Alarm to guarantee a zombie come looking. Takes a few seconds.

Fixed it so Calipers is a guaranteed drop in the Treasure Chest

Added alternate Healing Cream-Herbal Cream. Functions same as Aloe Cream but made from Goldenrod+Zinc Powder+Forest Flower

Added Generators to Rare Tool and Working Stiffs loot

Added Chance for all workstations to drop in Working Stiffs loot

Added information in the Primitive Crafting description to show the levels the free recipes will unlock at

Increased many items to stack up top 5000

Added recipe for the Stove on the Anvil that can be used to bake in.

Recipe to make feather out of scrap plastic on the stove

Added Perk for Katana made of steel

Added Power Lines to loot

I like these Tweaks

Nice creative idea for "plastic feathers"

Iron Club

Has something changed regarding the iron club requirements? I purchased the Iron Club perk, i have clubs and iron in my inventory, but there is no 'craft' button available for me to click on. Is it level gated now, or does it require a work station to build one?

Archived