[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

- I still cant seem to craft bonemeal in either the chem station or the pestle (free standing). The description on the bonemeal also describes it as a rope.

- *in the blast furnace* the "steel" icon is missing... you see it present on the main menu but if you click on it there, it's missing on the right hand description when its "crafting" or "bring made".

- Steel pick axe makes no sound when mining stone/brick. It also sucks entity damage wise for being a higher end tier item, even at a brown level.

- "forged steel" when created raises "misc crafting" and not "Master Crafting"

- How long once placed outside does it take for a chicken coop to spawn anything? I went 2 days without it doing anything.

Iron Pickaxe is crafted using Misc Crafting and not Journeyman Crafting like the rest of iron tools.

Edit for no double post:

Frying pan and The Shark repair with "Metal Strips" (maybe Iron Strips? I dunno, some kind of strips that don't seem to exist).

Tomahawk might be a little too strong. What is the base decapitation percentage?

The glowing green barrels in the wasteland cannot be looted anymore

Can we cut the need for sinew in everything by like half? I've played almost 2 weeks, killing every animal I can find and using a hunting item on them (old knife, hunting knife, the shark) and still have only 3 sinew. To make a raft it takes like 20 lashing, and a barge may as well be a rocket ship.

Update-

Fixed Bone Meals description to say where its made- Stone Mill

Fixed Steel Units Icon

Fixed Forged Steel, Short Steel Pipes, All Steel Tool Heads and Tools to level Master Craftsman

Fixed Iron Pick axe to level Journeyman

Fixed spelling on welder.

@synergylinks102-

Tools are not weapons and do not have very good entity damage at all. They are not supposed to they are tools. The tools do have a Power Swing that makes them usable as a weapon, increasing their head hit damage by a lot but costing more stamina.

How to use the Chicken Coop-

1)Craft Chicken Coop and place on ground

2)With Egg in hand "upgrade" the Coop so the egg is inside.

3)Hatch(craft) the egg by warming it up with Candles and Cloth to make a Baby Chicken

4)Take the Baby Chicken in hand and "Upgrade" the Coop to have the Baby Chicken inside

5)Feed(Craft) the Baby Chicken with Corn, Water and Worms to make a full grown Hen

6)With Hen in hand "upgrade" the Coop to have the Hen inside

7)Once you have a Hen inside the Coop you can craft Feathers or Eggs every day, you can also slaughter the Hen for Meat.

Ill get this info on the Coop some how.

As for the Power Swing. I have tested it more and understand why some people could think its OP because the damage you can do with no stamina is higher than it should be. My suggestion to account for that would be to double the Stamina and Delay between Power Swings and increase the head damage by about a quarter. This way there is a much higher cost and delay using it but it be like throwing everything into a big swing. What do ya'll think?

Crazy idea for future build.

What if each quality item had its own Crafting Skill. So you would have a Stone Axe Skill that leveled every time you crafted a Stone Axe. That skill would only effect your stone axe and because it would not be connected to any other crafted items the total amount of stone axes you could get xp for crafting could be set with exact precision. This could be done for all weapons, tools and even have separate crafting skills for groups of blocks (like Wood Frames)allowing you to be able to craft more blocks with the same ingredients and faster as you level the Wood Building Skill. I believe this might completely remove any motivation to grind for any length of time and if you did grind it would only help that item and only for a limited time. Thoughts?

Are you getting the information you are comparing from the stats in the description? They do not take in to account the extra bonus damage for materials and heads. Steel Tools are specialized. That means a Steel Axes does a lot more damage compared to an Iron Axe to wood items but a steel axe does less damage to metals and soil. A Steel Pick Axe does more stone, iron and steel damage than Iron Pick but less on wood and soil. With out doing this any steel tool would become a super weapon/tool and there would be no reason to carry a axe if you had a pick.

Crazy idea for future build.

What if each quality item had its own Crafting Skill. So you would have a Stone Axe Skill that leveled every time you crafted a Stone Axe. That skill would only effect your stone axe and because it would not be connected to any other crafted items the total amount of stone axes you could get xp for crafting could be set with exact precision. This could be done for all weapons, tools and even have separate crafting skills for groups of blocks (like Wood Frames)allowing you to be able to craft more blocks with the same ingredients and faster as you level the Wood Building Skill. I believe this might completely remove any motivation to grind for any length of time and if you did grind it would only help that item and only for a limited time. Thoughts?

Love this idea. Let me add this into the mixture.

Axe skill - You level up axe skill by making and also "using" these items. Then a master header perk for the groups of axes, maybe called LumberJack. So when I am limited to making only primitive axes, that's all I can make and use but they that contribute to the overall group header "axe" perk. Once a player buys/gains the iron making tool set perk, making stone axes doesnt contribute to the "axe" skill. And on and on for the steel axe skill. Tools and weapons are sorta easy to fit into this model. Maybe for Wood/Carpentry the creation of anything using a nail and wood in some form goes towards a "Carpenter" perk being made available to buy and its this way in which you can create an alternate for recipes...aka lvl 1 carpenter perk could grant the nail gun recipe, level 2 the driver recipe. Metal crafting overhead Perk allows the Blowtorch recipe, etc... Also leaving your "already in play" find the recipes in safes etc.

"Are you getting the information you are comparing from the stats in the description? They do not take in to account the extra bonus damage for materials and heads. Steel Tools are specialized. That means a Steel Axes does a lot more damage compared to an Iron Axe to wood items but a steel axe does less damage to metals and soil. A Steel Pick Axe does more stone, iron and steel damage than Iron Pick but less on wood and soil. With out doing this any steel tool would become a super weapon/tool and there would be no reason to carry a axe if you had a pick. "

I'm referencing a steel "pick axe" mining stone compared to the effectiveness of an iron "pick axe". The steel was way down.

synergylinks102-

No you cant have one item give crafting XP to two skills and you cant make it stop giving XP without maxing the Skill out and stopping XP gain from anything in that Skill. But we could achieve what your are going for I think. If Iron Pick Axe and Steel Pick Axe were their own Skills and only they were in that skill. Then you could make a requirement on the Perk that unlocks Steel Pick Axe crafting of level 75(or whatever) Iron Pick Axe Skill. So essentially you would have to be able to craft a decent Iron Pick Axe before you could try and craft a Steel Pick Axe. Maybe also have a requirement for the Steel Smelting Perk on the Steel tools also. So no player level requirement like now. If that's what you are describing then that's what I attempted last build in the normal True Survival Mod with needing level 75 of the pre tech material skill. But I think it was too broad, I think making every item its own skill would make it work better and maybe play smother.

K got a wedding to go to be back tonight to try and finish this thing out.

As for the Power Swing. I have tested it more and understand why some people could think its OP because the damage you can do with no stamina is higher than it should be. My suggestion to account for that would be to double the Stamina and Delay between Power Swings and increase the head damage by about a quarter. This way there is a much higher cost and delay using it but it be like throwing everything into a big swing. What do ya'll think?

I think a way to address the abuse of the power swing is to implement a negative buff when stamina hits zero. Perhaps use the stun condition. If you ever ran flat out until your whole body starts to shake and you are in a nearly passed out condition trying to gasp for breath, you know how disorienting being totally out of stamina can be. Zero stamina should not just be "tired", but means you pushed it too far and now are somewhat disabled until you recover. Abusing the power swing/regular swing actions drops stamina so fast that it would be easy to hit zero stamina. In all other use cases it is a slow drop to zero, and is easily managed.

Just a thought.

The power swing is one of the mod's cool features imo. With as hard as this mod is when Spider doesn't have the exp/lvling cranked up, your going to be thankful for the power swing.

- sniper rifle - receiver is listed as JNG90_receiver, (ok fair enough i guess, that must mean there is a JNG90 rifle out there) but the sniper rifle barrel labeled "sniper rifle barrel" not "JNG90 Barrel" (that jsut dropped out of a military vehicle container) does not fit into the assembly of the JNG90_receiver.....

Hi there!

I'm just started the game, and I got a BIG problem.

I didn't get the starting pack, at the beginning, only a flask, and a sandwich, so i couldn't choose my profession. What can i do now?

Did a installed the mod wrong?

Thanks, Jozzska

Here some icons i found missing (may be related to my client version, used mod loader sync/refresh etc but no reinstall):

- wood spear/javelin

- forge wrench tool icon

Other graphical "bugs":

- lightning on storage sack seems bugged. stays light, even in the dark

- once equiped the wood spear stays in hand even after chaning the active item (bug was also present in jzmod version)

game balancing suggestions:

- wood javelin is way too op (1-hits z's with lvl 240)

- too many survivors

Spider,

Hi do you have a date when the SP, Coop will be released for the SDX version?

Spider mentioned here that he was hoping for Sunday (today)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there!

I'm just started the game, and I got a BIG problem.

I didn't get the starting pack, at the beginning, only a flask, and a sandwich, so i couldn't choose my profession. What can i do now?

Did a installed the mod wrong?

Thanks, Jozzska

Did you connect to Spider's True Survival Server, or did you start a local game? Spider has not released the full single player mod yet, so in order for it to work correctly, you'll have to connect to his server.

Update-

All posted bugs in all threads fixed

All icons are in

Known bugs-

Error when quitting a Server

No contact sounds on Steel items

If you see any other bugs, problems or unbalanced issues please post them along with any suggestions you might have.

Full True Survival SDX Mod now ready for download

Ill work on finishing up the main page mod information. Please remember there is still a lot to be done with the mod but it is in a very playable state and any future bugs or additions *should* not require a wipe to fix. So this is a good one to try a long game on i think.

For easiest installation please use the Mod Launcher.

All players need full mod files and EAC off

@xyth-

I think you might be on to something there. Never triggered a buff with a players stamina level but it might work.

Update-

All posted bugs in all threads fixed

All icons are in

Known bugs-

Error when quitting a Server

No contact sounds on Steel items

If you see any other bugs, problems or unbalanced issues please post them along with any suggestions you might have.

Full True Survival SDX Mod now ready for download

Ill work on finishing up the main page mod information. Please remember there is still a lot to be done with the mod but it is in a very playable state and any future bugs or additions *should* not require a wipe to fix. So this is a good one to try a long game on i think.

For easiest installation please use the Mod Launcher.

All players need full mod files and EAC off

@xyth-

I think you might be on to something there. Never triggered a buff with a players stamina level but it might work.

Is this the SP/Coop or can we update our server now?

Archived