[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

50% more XP sounds OP to me.

So the crafting skill would ignore all requirements?

The percentage could be adjusted to whatever makes a nice balance. 25% or even 10%...it's just a small advantage for picking the class. It would just need to be significant enough to make it worthy of taking the class. Keep in mind you're not getting access to much else.

The crafting skill book at the beginning would be used to essentially make a new skill recipe which you could learn permanently. For instance, you could use your blank skill book to craft a Forge Book which would teach you to make a forge at level 1 vs waiting until level 10. Or you could decide you want to turn the blank skill book into a Wrench Book to learn how to craft wrenches early on. It would be up to you to decide what one thing you want to "study" as the Student class. It's just a freebie recipe early on.

Zandal needs his character reset, he sent a message to Spider but no word yet?

When he started he didn't have a profession to select and then he started falling off the world, and getting all sort of null errors, he deleted his saves folder, reinstalled his whole game yadda yadda...

Here is his steam profile

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198193344357

Thanks! I've been waiting all week to play this server with him but he can't play..argh!

Anyone having lag issues when opening a Forge that is running/forging? My game keeps on lagging when I do that, I am playing a SP game, I started with the old True Survival mod(i am now using the SDX one) when I noticed the lag when using the Forge. I never experienced this on Vanilla game.

Forge lag

Anyone having lag issues when opening a Forge that is running/forging? My game keeps on lagging when I do that, I am playing a SP game, I started with the old True Survival mod(i am now using the SDX one) when I noticed the lag when using the Forge. I never experienced this on Vanilla game.

Still no SP version?

Maybe next week if i get the time. *fingers crossed*

Haven't got many bug reports yet. (hint hint)Not sure if that's because there are not many or people just not reporting them. (beside the icons and descriptions of course)

@kclobo2003-

I reset Zandal. sorry for the delay.

It appears that if you do not have the mod installed correctly and try to log into the game you will not get your starting loot but when you do get it installed you have already logged in so you still don't get your starting loot. So drkstardragon has offered to help any new player that didn't get there starting gear. So if you don't get your starting loot and you see drkstardragon on just ask him and he will give you one so you don't have to wait for a server restart.

First - Thank you for all your work Spider.

I'm level 69 currently: Archery 68, Athletics 58, Blunt Weapons 46, Engineering 100, Gun Smithing 7, Hunting 10, Journeyman 23, Medicine 454, Misc Crafting 45, Primitive 100, Scavenging 69, Shotguns 34, Tailoring 25,

- Hatch and Door bug: if you upgrade a wooden (reinforced) hatch/door with iron you should hit a point where the next upgrade material is needed (forged metal in this case) and if you don't you get an error sound and see the missing material. Currently this doesn't happen and it actually recycles and re-apply s scrap iron (you lose your previous upgrade).

- Zombie corpses have a significant lack of loot. Almost every (even freshly killed Zombies) seem to be empty.

- Big fat zombies seemed to spawn in greater numbers when I started this seed, they seemed to have been balanced a bit more. Some of their death explosions haven't caused huge craters as well recently. Is the crater size somehow dependent on the block type? I've seen B52 sized craters on asphalt and barely a divot on grasslands.

- Player planted trees = lower harvest yield, confirmed. The bitch of this is inst that the trees only grow to 5k health, but the harvested yield is way off and much lower then even regular 5k trees, i.e 12 wood, 60 branches etc.

- Electric spear recipe is the same as wood spear

- How does the iron fire axe get assembled? I think the work bench is bugged if it's supposed to be assembled there , if it's assembled from the players bag it's not working.

- When you bash reinforced doors you get multiple door knobs.

- the drink "use" doesn't seem to do anything different then drink

- Using the "NPC weapons" recipe allow you to assemble certain firearms without having the recipe

- Trying to assemble some weapon parts result in a console error ( "points to null reference")

- Calipers... I haven't found a pair yet. It seems to be the rare item at this point

- gated items like: sharpening stones are "gated" to high (at this point I'm not even sure what is holding me back from making these)

Car alarm- I know you stated to me in game that when "tripped" this increases the surrounding Heat Map, but I haven't see a single Z react, get drawn to, or find me based on this. To me this should be a totally "oh ♥♥♥♥" moment. You may wish to turn this up.

-It appears there may also be a problem with the scoped crossbow assembly - i.e. the scope does not assemble.

- Not sure if this is something that you can fix going forward in the config file but I've found one instance of a partially submerged group of POI's, i.e. the underwater town.

- Currently wrenches upgrade blocks faster then hammers

- I have not witnessed zombies running in the shadows during the daytime

- The farther the seed progresses (and we all accumulate more stuff I'm assuming) the longer we all freeze when someone joins the server (everything gets broadcasted to the new arrival and vice versus to us about them). Is there anyway to cut down on this?

- Maxing on Food and Water levels only enables the "healing" buff sometimes.

- Candles will melt after about 30 mins being placed - not working

- I haven't seen any " Bobcats" yet

- "Cave Moss... is now collectable" - not working

- "Barbed Fence can now be picked up" - not working on POI barbed fences

- Can you add a primitive "pre" first aid bandage that heals (smaller amounts then the current first aid bandage made from Aloe). For instance zine + cloth combined on the campfire. It sucks if you aren't near a desert for aloe.

- items in the forge don't sort by what you "can" build and "have resources for" first by default.

Some suggestions if I may.

- Please increase the basket size on the minibike. You've added so many more items to game play it's a detractor that we are stuck back with the original ♥♥♥♥ty basket size.

- Please add a Scrap Tool item line (construction could = scrap iron + tire rubber+ stone + stick)

- Please add small amounts of scrap iron, nitrate, coal dropping from/harvest-able from those "surface boulders". The current harvest is stone, zinc and at the end scrap iron.

- So it I surmise that you have a 3 tiered structure: Primitive, Journeyman, and Master and this should all tie in to scavenge quality levels, crafting time etc. I seem to be stuck in the Primitive Tier in some cases while I'm about halfway through Journeyman in all but name lol. I suggest that it might be better to break out all those items or actions that contribute to each tier name "Primitive, Journeyman, Master" into individual skills like carpentry, melee weapons, axes, misc (redo this one), cooking, tools, etc and transform the former into Perks that can be bought with skill points once the skills reach a certain level. For example, once achieving level 10 in tools, weapons melee weapons a player can buy the "Primitive Perk" and this rewards the scrap item recipes and some other basics. Maybe two "buy ups" in each perk that allow you to progress, i.e. buying the second level Primitive Perk awards the forge recipe.

Currently "Journeyman Crafting and Master Craftsman" require me to park myself in front of the forge and/or a workbench and craft there to gain levels (with the small exception of repairing some items). Engineering, Hunting and Primitive all allow me to skill up on the move and play. Just a something to think about.

Primitive Crafting-

Basic crafting. Includes Log Cabin, Wood Frames, Red Wood and Cobblestone Building

Journeyman Crafting-

Intermediate Crafting. Includes Scrap Frames, Rebar Frames, Bricks and Flagstone Building.Iron unlocks at player level 25.

Master Craftsman-

End Game Crafting. Includes Steel Frames and all high end crafting. Steel unlocks at player level 75.

Engineering-

Gain skills in engineering by upgrading world blocks or crafting complex items and chemicals. Learn to craft more complex items as you level like Generators, Bridges and more

Hunting-

Use special knives to harvest animals and gain xp toward your Hunting Skill. Using these special knives will allow you to harvest more items and better animal parts from animals like- Sinew, Hoofs, Pork Belly, Venison Tenderloin and more. Raise your Hunting skill to learn better Fishing Lures, Traps to capture and re use poisonous animals and learn how to raise chickens in a coop for feather, eggs and meat.

- The anvil - Great idea but confusing. It's "workbench" and a "tool" for other "workbenches". Can you change the tool that goes into other workbenches to something else. I really like the anvil as a workbench - good art etc.

- It would be great to get a simple diagram on the forum about what the workbenches are and how they inter relate. I'm lost on how some of it fits together and in some cases I don't know if it's bugs or "working as intended" I'm not even sure what some of the materials are to craft "electrical" wire for powering stuff up.

- Are there any slashing side to side actions you could use in place of what you have now for the swords?

- Can you change the Spear action (not the javelin action) to use the knife jab?

- Maybe tweak the gas yield from cars just a bit higher

Waylander

- Master 1/100 lol

- I was only able to assemble a P322, I ran into the "Pointer to null" error when trying to assemble a lot of the others.

- I'm currently rocking the x2 blunderbus setup. I don't think I've ever used them as much as I have in your mods.

- I just bought "Electricity" and was going to start testing that - It looks like I can only craft "cable test" at the moment.

- I read in the JZMOD mod post I think that you were trying to get us out of "Mole" mode so on this seed I didn't start tunneling until later in the game. This put me at a disadvantage iron wise, that was why I suggested having more ores drop from those surface stones.

- Cobblestones - I never really use this material and I can see how you had incorporated it's crafting and use to enable some mid leveling. Oops too late for me.

- Workbenches - Wood, Armor, Research, Leather Drying Rack and I have a Metal workbench created but I cant place it since I don't have power. I can't figure out how to get power so I can place it. It doesn't appear that I can create a generator or battery pack without some other gated item.

Zandal keeps falling off the world and gets a null error...

all he sent me was....

7-02-23T15:27:44 74.823 ERR Disconnecting failed:

2017-02-23T15:27:44 74.824 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Zandal keeps falling off the world and gets a null error...

all he sent me was....

7-02-23T15:27:44 74.823 ERR Disconnecting failed:

2017-02-23T15:27:44 74.824 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Ive been getting the fall off the world bug for awhile, even without SDX. A relog does fix my issue, no death, even happens on a minibike, and the bike will be there, possibly seems to be at the border of a region section

@synergylinks102-

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm level 69 currently: Archery 68, Athletics 58, Blunt Weapons 46, Engineering 100, Gun Smithing 7, Hunting 10, Journeyman 23, Medicine 454, Misc Crafting 45, Primitive 100, Scavenging 69, Shotguns 34, Tailoring 25,

Your skill levels look good except for the Gun Smithing and the Journeyman and Master Crafting. But to really tell i need a few more active players to post their levels.

Hatch and Door bug: if you upgrade a wooden (reinforced) hatch/door with iron you should hit a point where the next upgrade material is needed (forged metal in this case) and if you don't you get an error sound and see the missing material. Currently this doesn't happen and it actually recycles and re-apply s scrap iron (you lose your previous upgrade).

This hatch problem im not sure i understand what your saying. Is it that the Wooden door will not upgrade to a metal? Because that is intended. Doors and hatches should only upgrade their few stages but not go to the next material door/hatch. Or are you saying its upgrading in a loop?

Big fat zombies seemed to spawn in greater numbers when I started this seed, they seemed to have been balanced a bit more. Some of their death explosions haven't caused huge craters as well recently. Is the crater size somehow dependent on the block type? I've seen B52 sized craters on asphalt and barely a divot on grasslands.

I haven't touched the spawning since we rolled the map. Its always like that at the start it seems like more zombies. The explosion does hurt different materials differently.

Player planted trees = lower harvest yield, confirmed. The bitch of this is inst that the trees only grow to 5k health, but the harvested yield is way off and much lower then even regular 5k trees, i.e 12 wood, 60 branches etc.

The mod has Morts Farming Mod so ALL growing plants require water to grow. Even trees. They can grow from rain also. I think I will have to add a wooden bucket to the farmers items or to primitive crafting.

gated items like: sharpening stones are "gated" to high (at this point I'm not even sure what is holding me back from making these)

Sharpening Stones should be made in the forge. I'll check on it.

Car alarm- I know you stated to me in game that when "tripped" this increases the surrounding Heat Map, but I haven't see a single Z react, get drawn to, or find me based on this. To me this should be a totally "oh ♥♥♥♥" moment. You may wish to turn this up.

I can crank up the Car Alarm heat.

Not sure if this is something that you can fix going forward in the config file but I've found one instance of a partially submerged group of POI's, i.e. the underwater town.

The sunken POI thing I cant do anything about. Hopefully A16 fixes all that. Just find a Scuba Tank and go diving.

Currently wrenches upgrade blocks faster then hammers

Wrenches do upgrade things faster than a Claw Hammer and a Nail Gun is faster than a Wrench. That's all vanilla though.

Can you add a primitive "pre" first aid bandage that heals (smaller amounts then the current first aid bandage made from Aloe). For instance zine + cloth combined on the campfire. It sucks if you aren't near a desert for aloe.

Aloe Cream Heals you when you just use it in your hand

Maxing on Food and Water levels only enables the "healing" buff sometimes.

You should only get a healing buff right after you eat food for a few seconds not when your full.

the drink "use" doesn't seem to do anything different then drink

The "use" should work. I do know there is a bug if you try and "use" it in a menu. You have to use it from your hand. Most things have some problems "using" from menus its safer to use them in your hand.

Please increase the basket size on the minibike. You've added so many more items to game play it's a detractor that we are stuck back with the original ♥♥♥♥ty basket size.

I dont use the buggy bike so never thought about it. I think Carlzilla makes that mod and I think he doesn't allow others to use his mod.

Please add a Scrap Tool item line (construction could = scrap iron + tire rubber+ stone + stick)

What do you mean another stage of tools like Scrap Fire Axe, Scrap Pick axe? Like that?

Please add small amounts of scrap iron, nitrate, coal dropping from/harvest-able from those "surface boulders". The current harvest is stone, zinc and at the end scrap iron.

Your going to hate this. The boulder doping some iron is a bug lol. In early game you gather iron scrap by breaking, dissembling and scraping things. There is iron above the Hardstone line in some biomes. The biome ore list is in the header.

- So it I surmise that you have a 3 tiered structure: Primitive, Journeyman, and Master and this should all tie in to scavenge quality levels, crafting time etc. I seem to be stuck in the Primitive Tier in some cases while I'm about halfway through Journeyman in all but name lol. I suggest that it might be better to break out all those items or actions that contribute to each tier name "Primitive, Journeyman, Master" into individual skills like carpentry, melee weapons, axes, misc (redo this one), cooking, tools, etc and transform the former into Perks that can be bought with skill points once the skills reach a certain level. For example, once achieving level 10 in tools, weapons melee weapons a player can buy the "Primitive Perk" and this rewards the scrap item recipes and some other basics. Maybe two "buy ups" in each perk that allow you to progress, i.e. buying the second level Primitive Perk awards the forge recipe

Yes it does look as if you got stuck on primitive. It doesn't sound like you ever moved to forging things or building higher end bases. With out Iron tools at level 25 your really can not progress in this mod. It requires you get into Iron and Steel boxes that stone tools will never open. Again I really need more than one data point to draw any conclusions from your experience. Once a few others give me their levels I will be able to tell what needs tweaking .

The anvil - Great idea but confusing. It's "workbench" and a "tool" for other "workbenches". Can you change the tool that goes into other workbenches to something else. I really like the anvil as a workbench - good art etc.

The Anvil and the Mortar and Pestle are both Workbenches that are also Tools for other Workbenches latter in game. This is on purpose. You can craft and use the Anvil long before you can craft iron things in the forge. Then when you move to the forge you can use the Anvil you already had mad or make another. The same with the Mortar and Pestle. You can craft and use it long before you can make the Chem station.

It would be great to get a simple diagram on the forum about what the workbenches are and how they inter relate. I'm lost on how some of it fits together and in some cases I don't know if it's bugs or "working as intended" I'm not even sure what some of the materials are to craft "electrical" wire for powering stuff up.

When all the recipes and things are finished i will post more info.

Are there any slashing side to side actions you could use in place of what you have now for the swords?

I don't think there is one. There used to be one for the club but a few alphas ago they changed it to the over the head swing. I haven't seen any other mods with a baseball bat swing. If you do let me know.

Can you change the Spear action (not the javelin action) to use the knife jab?

I could but I think it would look kinda funny holding a spear with one hand and poking people in the ear with it. Not sure how the Mesh would look. I can test it and see.

Thanks for all the bugs all get to them and post when they r squashed.

- hatches are upgrading in a loop. This doesn't apply to doors, only hatches. Hatches upgrade fine with scrap iron but if you hit it one to many times all the upgrades disappear. I hope that makes it clearer.

- "Wrenches do upgrade things faster than a Claw Hammer and a Nail Gun is faster than a Wrench. That's all vanilla though" Correct but you've made wrenches easier to craft them hammers. Aka Why would anyone create a hammer now except as a material item used in construction for a workbench or something.

-"Can you add a primitive "pre" first aid bandage that heals (smaller amounts then the current first aid bandage made from Aloe). For instance zine + cloth combined on the campfire. It sucks if you aren't near a desert for aloe.

Aloe Cream Heals you when you just use it in your hand" Yes but anyone who doesn't spawn in or near a desert is SOL until they find some first aid bandages. Your stuck using the plain "stop the bleeding" bandages that have little or no "healing" or health regen features. It would help a lot if you make an intermediary health regen aid item for non desert dwellers. Apple trees being introduced into the forest biomes in large numbers (and dropping decent yields of apples) has freed us from the "Yucca Scrounge". Could you throw us some primitive healing regen not based on the aloe plant?

-"I dont use the buggy bike so never thought about it. I think Carlzilla makes that mod and I think he doesn't allow others to use his mod." Hmmm, Valmod has had an expanded basket for a long time. I think it might be available. I was really surprised to find the older smaller one in use.

- "What do you mean another stage of tools like Scrap Fire Axe, Scrap Pick axe? Like that?" Yes and this rolls into the other topic about the Tiers. I see what you aim is with Primitive, Journeyman, Master Craftsman. What It think you intended works in Primitive, but then it changes and works different in Journeyman and Master. I would suggest you look at it a bit different. Reclassify the terms "Primitive, Journeyman, and Master Craftsman as Perks. Don't have these as skills. It was awkward to have all these different items I was creating "tools, weapons,misc stuff" all go toward the primitive skill.

I see where you were going with this. As soon as I got a forge and iron making ability I saw that some of the new stuff I made based was tied to the journeyman skill (aka I got a level 1 item lol) BUT some of the others stuff (tools and weapons)were a mixed bag of levels (aka blue, green and even purple). I have a purple x2 blunderbuss (590 - one repair). Forgetting that, where this breaks is when I move out of Primitive and seriously tethered to sitting in front of a workbench to raise my Journeyman (and I assume the Master) skill line. I was able to craft on the fly and run around, get scared by crocodiles, gather wood, kill Z's etc. Now I'm sorta stuck making cement to raise J. (Curing Leather is ungodly long btw. It's easier to demo cars to get it)

Think about this - Reclassify the terms "Primitive, Journeyman, and Master Craftsman as Perks (put requirements on "buying" the each perk too.)

Primitive: rewards/opens recipe Scrap Axe, Scrap Shovel, Scrap Pick Axe, Yellow and Red Tea, etc

Journeyman: rewards/opens recipe Bellow, Forge, Anvil, Forged Iron, etc

Master Craftsman: rewards/ open recipes Steel, ..., ..., etc

- "Please add small amounts of scrap iron, nitrate, coal dropping from/harvest-able from those "surface boulders". The current harvest is stone, zinc and at the end scrap iron.

Your going to hate this. The boulder doping some iron is a bug lol. In early game you gather iron scrap by breaking, dissembling and scraping things. There is iron above the Hardstone line in some biomes. The biome ore list is in the header."

This is really, really strange, and please forgive me for comparing other mods to this one, but in another one I play those surface stones yield - stone, nitrate, coal, and scrap iron (alternating hit/yields).

- Mortar and Pestle. I can't make these, it's currently a forge based item locked behind the mystic calipers. I've got a chem station made but no mortar and pestle.

- A very strange bug - AFTER trying to assemble something that results in

"SDX:Could not find asset '****'

ArguementException: The Thing you want to instantiate is null

....if I try to assemble or continue assembling another item the assemble action/menu crashes and I cant assemble again. Reloggin sometimes fixes this but I do have a few "bugged" partial engine and gun assemblies.

Archived