[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Nope no gun at all no blank spaces

Some classes start with a special starting item - soldier starts with an "Old Rifle"; however, last I checked there was no icon for this item yet, so it would just be a blank space marked with 600 quality. Easy to miss or accidentally drop if you aren't expecting it.

@Spider = radiated barres in the wasteland are no longer lootable, is that on purpose?

Since I've already have the mod installed now I guessed that I had to redownload it and try again. Before I did that I tried "Test Mod Sync" which gave me:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

And then Play Mod:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

If I understood you correctly now, I tried these steps to reproduce what you were after:

1. Clicked delete mod.

2. Checked my Mod folder (X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX) that everything was wiped (only Spider folder remained, removed that as well)

3. Clicked True Survival SDX

4. Checked Copy from an existing copy *

5. Set the correct path

6. Clicked Install Mod (statusbar lower left, copying from folder to folder... 10-15 secs)

7. No information shown yet in the window for Show more Information

8. Clicked play, Clone Mode Detected, No Previous GIT exist. Recloning....

9. Statusbar lower left, Refreshing Mods for True Survival SDX

10. Game started, same lines as before:

Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

11. Checked X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX folder, now contains files for True_Survival_SDX

12. Connect to server, same error.

Now I don't think this answered your question, so I checked the logfile:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Copying X:\\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clone Download Mode Detected. Using libgit2sharp...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - No previous GIT exists. Cloning entire branch...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for True Survival SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Refreshing Mods for True Survival SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\Mods to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying ItemIcons

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Resources

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\Data\Config to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\Data\Prefabs to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Managed

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating Registry with IP Address and port: 104.243.42.154:23104

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - launching: X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\7DaysToDie.exe

That's it.

I think this is a stale post that got suspended in time from yesterday.

Nemoriel and I resolved it last night. The issue in this instance was his X:\Mods\ folder. Once we switched to something else, such as X:\Launcher, it worked. I'll be looking at resolving the bug, since Mods is a key folder for deployments in the Launcher, and is special.

I assume I did something wrong - there were errors on load up and when I got in the game there was no trees, plants, rocks, etc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19214[/ATTACH]

In the 7D2D Mod Launcher, with True Survival SDX highlighted, can you go to the View menu, click on Log Files, and select the game's output.txt. Once loaded, click on the button that says Upload Log File. Then copy and paste the pastebin URL it gives you.

Thanks again.

Are you running the mod through the Mod Launcher? Looks like this is your path where you installed Spider's mod:

Z:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7_Days_To_Die\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

where as your run log is this:

Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

You may want to change your Destination Folder to something like Z:\Launcher. You can change this by click on Spider, rather than True Survival SDX, and clicking on the Blue Folder.

Then try to install True Survival SDX again.

Thanks again.

Are you running the mod through the Mod Launcher? Looks like this is your path where you installed Spider's mod:

Yes

Thanks again.

Looks like this is your path where you installed Spider's mod:

Z:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7_Days_To_Die\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

where as your run log is this:

Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

You may want to change your Destination Folder to something like Z:\Launcher. You can change this by click on Spider, rather than True Survival SDX, and clicking on the Blue Folder.

Then try to install True Survival SDX again.

Ok

Enjoying the new sdx version alot, well done Spider and the SDX team.

Overall the game and progression seems pretty balanced to me. I have a couple of comments on improvements. I usually like to play final death/one life so one thing i dislike is random deaths out of bad luck that can't be prevented. In this version it's much more dangerous to move in the terrain due to the poisonous creatures there. I see a little issue when you're starting the game, and you start out in an area where something you couldnt see poisons you even before you find your first road. Sometimes the poisonous creatures are inside the earth below and can't quite be seen. With some bad luck you could be dying already after a minute from entering the game. I think it would help if the poisonous animals and players starting the game would not spawn in the same area, or if this cannot be changed, perhaps apply an effect of immunity or give a player a single antivenom at start. I really like the change on the antivenom not requiring a beaker in the campfire, cause beakers are pretty hard to come by. Now the hardest part is to find some grain alcohol, which is pretty scrace also.

It also seems to me that glue is a difficult resource to find now, at least in my game i have looted hundreds of containers/zombies to scavenging 40, and only found 11 glue so far. This could be good if its intended to push back the point when you get access to a workbench, but on the other hand it could be bad if you can get the materials for metal work bench before you can build a wood work bench, and if you are supposed to be able to use glue for other crafts as well.

I found a bug with the campfire while playing, though i'm not sure yet if it's specific to the mod. When consuming items directly from the campfire inventory, they just disappear/destroy and you gain no fullness or hydration. I would also suggest an alternative recipe to the sticks as burning material. Currently stricks are probably the best material to burn, but they cause alot of lag. It's pretty good to burn cobble frames, but i think it would be even better if there was a burning material you could make entirely from sticks that would increase the burn time/stick so you would have no reason to burn sticks.

@zotex

True Survival SDX is still in testing and is not ready to be distributed for SP, Coop and Server Use. From the front page-

Use Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher to load the Mod -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-Days-to-Die

Then join -

The Official True Survival SDX Server

ip- 104.243.42.154 port- 23104

pw = spider

@zotex

True Survival SDX is still in testing and is not ready to be distributed for SP, Coop and Server Use. From the front page-

Use Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher to load the Mod -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-Days-to-Die

Then join -

The Official True Survival SDX Server

ip- 104.243.42.154 port- 23104

pw = spider

Ya i know spider but the launcher downloaded only Localization, Quest.txt, Localization.txt, progression.xml and quests.xml from the config folder. If i start the game with the launcher the mod dont work. For few days its works, no i make a new installation and its stopt working :o. And in the github link from the launcher there are not all files in the config folder.

New Class: Student

Starting Items: 5 books, candle, pills, Red Bull, ink pen, hoodie, sneakers, apple, and blank skill book.

Exclusive Skills: Learn faster. Gain 50% more XP for skills used.

Exclusive Crafting: At start they can choose one skill to learn for free using the blank skill book. They essentially study this skill to learn it sooner than other classes.

I had also thought they could have access to the study desk recipe at start but then I realized this isn't Valmod. Still maybe something similar down the line.

Archived