[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

@Jeoshua- How are you playing SP? I have not released my Mod for SP? What is available can not be played on SP. Where and how did you get my files?

Spider, the game runs just fine in SP and LAN. I just ran it to make sure and the sdx stuff loads fine as long as you launch the game through the launcher or with the link I previously posted. Not sure why you think it doesn't work.

What link xyth? The reason I think it doesn't work is because I have not given out the xml's the launcher only installs 4 xml's the description files, progression and quest .xml's. You can not start a game without the xml's. The main problem with this is i can't use any of your bug reports if you are playing sp,coop or on any server other than the Official test server.

IF YOU ARE PLAYING SP, COOP OR PLAYING TRUE SURVIVAL SDX ON ANY SERVER OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL TEST SERVER DO NOT POST ANYTHING HERE I CAN NOT USE YOUR FEED BACK OR BUG REPORTS YOU WILL JUST SLOW THE PROCESSES DOWN AND MAKE IT MORE COMPLICATED

(let me clarify so its not taken the wrong way. If your not playing on the server I can not be sure of your game settings, I can not be sure you have the most current files, I can not track down errors because its not on my server. The Mod will be released for SP, Coop and Servers but the quickest and most time effective way for me to get it prepared is for everyone to test with the same files, the same settings and that I can easily pull up error reports so I can fix bugs. I'm just tryn to get this thing balanced and polished as fast as I can and this is the way to do it)

You know Pacco this could have all been avoided if you would have just messaged me like an adult and had a conversation with me. The only communication I have had with you is me telling other people how good your work is and you berating, insulting and ordering me around. I have worked with nearly every Modder on the forums and have never had a problem with any of them. I have even had Modders ask me not to use things and I have agreed. But I dont take well at being ordered around or smugness either. You will get a lot farther with me if you just talk to me as you would want me to talk to you. Thats usually how 2 men show respect for each other.

The reason I think it doesn't work is because I have not given out the xml's the launcher only installs 4 xml's the description files, progression and quest .xml's. You can not start a game without the xml's.

Loading the game up from the 7D2D, as the original description stated was the method to run this mod, was the method that I used. No "ninja hacks". All of it downloaded, automatically, without me needing to do anything. This was no me stealing anything, this was me using the tools you provided in the manner that you stated, only I started a single player game instead of loading the server. I'll remain silent, no more feedback. Sorry to have bothered you, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, or to piss you off... but if you're intending this mod to never run offline, consider that my final bug report: It does run single player just fine, and the 7D2D launcher downloads all the xmls and graphics without the user needing to do anything like stealing your files.

What link xyth? The reason I think it doesn't work is because I have not given out the xml's the launcher only installs 4 xml's the description files, progression and quest .xml's. You can not start a game without the xml's. The only way to get them would be to log on to the test server and do some ninja tech and steal the files. The main problem with this is i can't use any of your bug reports if you are playing sp,coop or on any server other than the Official test server.

You better check your download package then as those xml files are updated through the launcher. I checked the date and time of those files and they just reinstalled this morning. In fact, I just checked the tempMods folder created by the launcher and those 4 files you mentioned are sitting in it. The 4 files are also available for download in your master file package on github. <Shrug>

I totally get where your coming from on testing on your server though.

xyth I just checked the download and it only has the 4 xml files. Here's the problem. I screwed up. The first download for the launcher accidentally had all the xml files. This is why some players could not make cloth and some could. Now I have fixed the problem by pushing out vanilla files along with my modded xml's but if you are playing a SP game you are using old outdated buggy files and the things you report may have already been fixed. This makes me take time to go figure out why some still have the bug when I should be on to the next bug.

I am using the launcher to get updates and am not otherwise screwing around with any files so what I have is what the launcher gave me. Any wasted time isn't caused by anything I have done on my end. I will delete the mod and reinstall to see if that sorts out "the mistake".

I must say though I was a bit taken aback by your accusation of Jeoshua ninja-ing your server or otherwise obtaining your files illicitly when he clearly did nothing wrong. We are all just trying to help you in our own way. In my case, I doubt I will ever play this mod as many of the progression elements are not to my liking. I will likely adjust the Starvation mod to eliminate the few things I don't like and add in some new gameplay elements and Z types I use in my current server mod.

I enjoy testing code so I will honor your request and when I have time i will jump on your server and help out. Thanks again for your efforts in bringing a new experience to the 7D2D community.

Be careful apparently your not allowed to edit, alter or use Starvations Mod in any way they have not expressly authorized or you will get in trouble.

And sorry if I snapped at you Jeoshua other things are going on and I shouldn't take it out on ya'll

And sorry if I snapped at you Jeoshua other things are going on and I shouldn't take it out on ya'll

It's okay, we modders are a touchy lot. I expected push-back on errors and what-not (some seemed to be stylistic and intentional). I did not expect to have you assume I was a ninja... I've been called worse tho :friendly_wink:

I was only playing single player since 15.2 gave me so much trouble on its own for multiplayer that I could not even play on a localhost dedi server. Plus, when testing I am used to having a slew of game tools, source code, and console commands so that I can be better able to actually report what is REALLY wrong, not just what didn't work. This isn't my first rodeo, I've done this kind of work for a living.

So yes, it does seem that I am using the first pushed release, as was made available day one of the mod's release, and subsequently updated it with the files you pushed later. I wasn't aware that was not actually your intent.

I do have a changelog of the modifications I made to either help my testing or for my own attempts at fixing some issues that I noticed. I can give them to you if you want. If not, I can just scrap them.

Weird issue I'm having, only small parts of the mod seem present when I start up a game, I'm doing everything through the mod launcher, but when my game starts I've got the vanilla hud, vanilla items, what looks like Gnamod RWG, and the starting survivor note is from Spider.

Weird issue I'm having, only small parts of the mod seem present when I start up a game, I'm doing everything through the mod launcher, but when my game starts I've got the vanilla hud, vanilla items, what looks like Gnamod RWG, and the starting survivor note is from Spider.

In this post, Spider posted his testing server, which is required to join to test the mod. He has not yet released the mod to be running in a single player environment yet.

Problems?

Evening.

Tried your mod and server last night, worked perfectly. Today I get the following error messages:

http://imgur.com/a/fgE0B (1. Pic Error , 2. Pic Dump True_Survival_SDX folder. 3. Message from the Launcher)

I'm using the 7D2D Mod Launcher (1.0.3.1), tried hitting play today and it didnt work. Deleted all entries from my mod folder and reinstalled the mod. I launched the game without errors but get stuck on the error shown in the link after connecting to your server 104.243.42.154:23104.

Not sure whats wrong, is the launcher downloading wrong files today or?

I've checked my vanilla installation (where 7D2D Launcher copys from) and it looks fine.

Might be a double post now though but....

Evening.

Tried you're mod and server last night, worked perfectly. Today I get the following error messages:

http://imgur.com/a/fgE0B (1. Pic Error , 2. Pic Dump True_Survival_SDX folder. 3. Message from the Launcher)

I'm using the 7D2D Mod Launcher (1.0.3.1), tried hitting play today and it didnt work. Deleted all entries from my mod folder and reinstalled the mod. I launched the game without errors but get stuck on the error shown in the link after connecting to your server 104.243.42.154:23104.

Not sure whats wrong, is the launcher downloading wrong files today or?

I've checked my vanilla installation (where 7D2D Launcher copys from) and it looks fine.

Were you using Spider's True Survival SDX ? It looks like you have a mixture of SDX, Valmar's Overhaul, and Compo-Pack.

I would suggest Delete the Mod, and re-create it.

Hi

I'm using Spider's True Survival SDX, it's the only mod I've downloaded atm from the Launcher (i might be derailing this thread with startup problems here, gimme a heads up if I should post this someplace else :)

http://imgur.com/a/sU5bJ (image 1)

I've tried the following:

1. Deleted all mods in the path shown above (X:\ …)

2. Uninstalled the 7D2D from Steam

3. Removed any remaining files and folders from ..\common\7 Days To Die

4. Reinstalled 7 Days to die from Steam

5. Created a completly new Mod folder (deleted the old one)

6. Started up 7D2D Mod Launcher, expanded Spider, clicked True Survival SDX and Install mod (which include browse correct path to 7D2D again for copy, refreshing etc..)

7. Clicked Play Mod

8. Joined the server, same error message.

Another bug I've encountered is If I change "Destination Folder for Mods", the program *sometimes* remember this when I start the program. Why is that?

Example:

1. I install the mod to C:\7D2DMod, exit the game and close the launcher.

2. Restart the Launcher, it changes the directory to something else, like a previous destination og default suggestion.

3. It then promts me as if I want to create a new folder for mods again.

4. Before:

5. http://imgur.com/a/sU5bJ (image 2)

6. After (this is an old folder btw):

7. http://imgur.com/a/sU5bJ (image 3)

Hi

I'm using Spider's True Survival SDX, it's the only mod I've downloaded atm from the Launcher (i might be derailing this thread with startup problems here, gimme a heads up if I should post this someplace else :)

http://imgur.com/a/sU5bJ (image 1)

I've tried the following:

1. Deleted all mods in the path shown above (X:\ …)

2. Uninstalled the 7D2D from Steam

3. Removed any remaining files and folders from ..\common\7 Days To Die

4. Reinstalled 7 Days to die from Steam

5. Created a completly new Mod folder (deleted the old one)

6. Started up 7D2D Mod Launcher, expanded Spider, clicked True Survival SDX and Install mod (which include browse correct path to 7D2D again for copy, refreshing etc..)

7. Clicked Play Mod

8. Joined the server, same error message.

Another bug I've encountered is If I change "Destination Folder for Mods", the program *sometimes* remember this when I start the program. Why is that?

Example:

1. I install the mod to C:\7D2DMod, exit the game and close the launcher.

2. Restart the Launcher, it changes the directory to something else, like a previous destination og default suggestion.

3. It then promts me as if I want to create a new folder for mods again.

4. Before:

5. http://imgur.com/a/sU5bJ (image 2)

6. After (this is an old folder btw):

7. http://imgur.com/a/sU5bJ (image 3)

Can you click on the Show More Information? This should show you where the download locations are?

Feel free to add my to Steam; same username as here, and I can help you.

Can you click on the Show More Information? This should show you where the download locations are?

Since I've already have the mod installed now I guessed that I had to redownload it and try again. Before I did that I tried "Test Mod Sync" which gave me:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

And then Play Mod:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

If I understood you correctly now, I tried these steps to reproduce what you were after:

1. Clicked delete mod.

2. Checked my Mod folder (X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX) that everything was wiped (only Spider folder remained, removed that as well)

3. Clicked True Survival SDX

4. Checked Copy from an existing copy *

5. Set the correct path

6. Clicked Install Mod (statusbar lower left, copying from folder to folder... 10-15 secs)

7. No information shown yet in the window for Show more Information

8. Clicked play, Clone Mode Detected, No Previous GIT exist. Recloning....

9. Statusbar lower left, Refreshing Mods for True Survival SDX

10. Game started, same lines as before:

Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

11. Checked X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX folder, now contains files for True_Survival_SDX

12. Connect to server, same error.

Now I don't think this answered your question, so I checked the logfile:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Copying X:\\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clone Download Mode Detected. Using libgit2sharp...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - No previous GIT exists. Cloning entire branch...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for True Survival SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Refreshing Mods for True Survival SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\Mods to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying ItemIcons

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Resources

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\Data\Config to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\Data\Prefabs to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data to X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Managed

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating Registry with IP Address and port: 104.243.42.154:23104

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - launching: X:\Mods\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\7DaysToDie.exe

That's it.

Question.....are the classes soused to get starting gear? For example I choose soldier. I started with a recipe for ak 47. I had no gun.

Question.....are the classes soused to get starting gear? For example I choose soldier. I started with a recipe for ak 47. I had no gun.

Some classes start with a special starting item - soldier starts with an "Old Rifle"; however, last I checked there was no icon for this item yet, so it would just be a blank space marked with 600 quality. Easy to miss or accidentally drop if you aren't expecting it.

@Spider = radiated barres in the wasteland are no longer lootable, is that on purpose?

Archived