[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Ok so I'm using the launcher and downloaded the SDX file, when I start it none of the files are loaded and it is loading a vanilla game

Are you using the Advanced mode still? The Launcher will over-write any files you manually place. Would you mind posting the output_log.txt, through the View -> Log files ?

yes its on advanced. Is that wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 3/8/2017 9:17:42 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading c:/program files (x86)/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Selecting default location: c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Default Location from Default.Location: C:\New folder

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - GroupName or Server Name does not exist yet.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Sync Folder to: C:\New folder

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # Forum Fanatics Servers

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/7D2DConfig/master/dona.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/7D2DConfig/master/dona.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote XML Attempt: 0

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - XML File is loaded.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # 7Days2Mod Single Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # Valmar's Config

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Valmar.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Valmar.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # 7 Days2Mod Mods + Prefab Packages ( MegaCity and CompoPack )

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod-Kits.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod-Kits.xml

- - - Updated - - -

Its too large to post whole log

yes its on advanced. Is that wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 3/8/2017 9:17:42 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading c:/program files (x86)/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Selecting default location: c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Default Location from Default.Location: C:\New folder

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Sync Folder to: C:\New folder

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # Forum Fanatics Servers

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/7D2DConfig/master/dona.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/7D2DConfig/master/dona.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # 7Days2Mod Single Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # Valmar's Config

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Valmar.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Valmar.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: # 7 Days2Mod Mods + Prefab Packages ( MegaCity and CompoPack )

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod-Kits.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/7Days2Mod-Kits.xml

- - - Updated - - -

Its too large to post whole log

In the View -> Log files, there should be an option to Upload log file. This will give you a pastebin link you can give me.

Look for the View menu, then go to Log Files. You'll see the different log files, with a button that says Upload Log File.

SpCpEy1l.png

g1xXPBhl.png

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry not seeing the option to upload the log

- - - Updated - - -

Got it to work this time. sorry to bug ya

Great news. Never a both. Would you mind sharing what the issue was, in case someone else runs into the similar issue?

Hey, so are some of the zombies feral even if you play on default? Like how are they attracted to you?

Example, I die. But my bedroll is hidden in a building on the top floor with no zombies in the building. But almost instantly when I walk away from my bedroll I'm sensed. Just curious as to how that's set up, if that's possible to clarify in a few sentences :)

Ok I'm going to toot my own horn here *TooT*TooT*.......

The Mod is playing very well. For the first time since A14 Im having fun playing again. And after like 4k hours that says a lot. A few ideas I had last night playing, let me know what you think.

1)Eating snow- eating snowballs would give +2 hydration and lower your temp by -3? for 10 real min. It would be a stacking, extending buff. So the more you eat the colder your would get and the 10min would last from the last snowball eaten.

2)Fighting drunk- When "Drunk" on Alcohol the player would become immune to the Z-Virus(not cured) you would also receive a small damage boost on zombie hits

3)O.......just had another. Melting Snow Blocks-Player placed snow melts to water?

Thoughts?

1)Eating snow- eating snowballs would give +2 hydration and lower your temp by -3? for 10 real min. It would be a stacking, extending buff. So the more you eat the colder your would get and the 10min would last from the last snowball eaten.

2)Fighting drunk- When "Drunk" on Alcohol the player would become immune to the Z-Virus(not cured) you would also receive a small damage boost on zombie hits

3)O.......just had another. Player placed snow melts to water?

Thoughts?

1. Sounds good. I'd also make it negate any 'warming' buffs you get from things like stew.

2. Yes - but you can only get the z-virus if you're grabbed (i.e. stunned) and then bitten right? And thought being drunk made you immune to stun anyhow. But sure! As there is a -0.5 wellness per beer, you need to give up 3 wellness to consume 6 for the drunk buff, so a good damage boost and immunity would help balance it out for sure.

3. Yes, but if possible make it so that it will not melt if the biome is a snow biome.

Thoughts?

I like those ideas. Suggestion -Snow placed in sinks or bathtubs or post apoc water "cistern" melts and holds large volumes of water.

"Yes, but if possible make it so that it will not melt if the biome is a snow biome." - agree. Make it so it doesn't melt unless a fuel source is used or its in a container like in the above suggestion. Heck use the chem station to melt water: snowballs + buckets = water

And it is playing well Spider, good job.

- Creating grain alcohol, the tool tip states to place in a campfire with a beaker. I think you meant to move this to the chem station.

If you use this file, copied to your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed, will it work?

https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/blob/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Clients/RunTime/SDX.Payload.dll?raw=true

yes, that worked, thanks! It did not work on mac though, but there's a slightly different file structure there, so it might be that. Any plans to support mac with the mod launcher?

- - - Updated - - -

The Mod is playing very well. For the first time since A14 Im having fun playing again. And after like 4k hours that says a lot. A few ideas I had last night playing, let me know what you think.

Thoughts?

pay homage to Jackie Chan the drunken master, when you're drunk the zombies have a small chance to miss their attacks (you have.. 15% evasion)

@mdf25-

1) good idea

2)No "drunk" does not make you immune to grab in this mod. It will take some fancy buff coding but it will not be noticeable in game. I will make a bite while drunk not transfer the Z-Virus chance. So you would still get bitten and need to cauterize it but you just wont have the chance to catch the Z-Virus(I will add this to a story line later. Increased blood alcohol level prevents infection)

3)The only way I see this working is making two recipes, one for turning snowballs into "Melting Snow" that would turn to a block of player placed water after 15-30 min and another recipe for the current "snow" so you can still camouflage your base or whatever. I'm thinking this is a good way for early game to haul water for your farm.

@synergylinks102-

You would be able to place"Melting Snow" anywhere so you could fill your tub if you wanted.

You are describing the current vanilla mechanic of melting snow in a campfire in a jar. Thats already in game.

Ya I'm working on a description update that should make everyone very happy. All workstations and tools required will be stated in the description of the items and readable from a crafting search. Its just taking some time. That one is already fixed btw but thank you for reporting it.

OK 2 MORE IDEAS FOR THOUGHT-

idea #1

Sprained and Broken Arms

10% chance when hit in the arm to sprain it. Sprained arm would last 10 real min, lower stamina regain slightly and stop the use of any 2 handed weapon or tool. With a sprained arm you would have another 20% chance if hit in the arm to break your arm. Broken arms last 30 min, greater stamina lowered and stop the use of any 2 handed weapon or tool.

Slings made of say 5 cloth would speed up healing of a sprained arm by 5 min. Arm Splint made of cloth and sticks would speed up a broken arm healing to 15min.

idea #2

Exhaustion

(I have to do some testing to make sure this is doable)

For every second you are at 0 stamina a stacking buff would be applied once. This buff would stop the use of all melee weapons and tools for 3 seconds.

This would balance out the problem with player using tools and weapons at 0 stamina and the exploiting of the Power Swing at 0 stamina.

@mdf25-

idea #2

Exhaustion

(I have to do some testing to make sure this is doable)

For every second you are at 0 stamina a stacking buff would be applied once. This buff would stop the use of all melee weapons and tools for 3 seconds.

This would balance out the problem with player using tools and weapons at 0 stamina and the exploiting of the Power Swing at 0 stamina.

+1 for this solution.

yes, that worked, thanks! It did not work on mac though, but there's a slightly different file structure there, so it might be that. Any plans to support mac with the mod launcher?

I don't have a mac, so I'm not sure how I would be able to support it.

What is different in the folder structure on the mac?

Mod Update-

Added Still Workstation for crafting Grain Alcohol

Added Fermentation Barrel Workstation for making Beer

I have finished about 1/3 of the descriptions. Correcting and listing crafting location and tool requirement

All other bugs posted on the forums

Fixed Player download so that you can start the game with out the launcher after installation.

Both Server and Player files updated

Known Bug-

Some Gun Sounds repeating constantly until you change weapons.

@Jeoshua-

not that i know of.

@Spider, here are a few tings I found today. I don't believe I saw any dups browsing current pages. If there are I apologize.

Issues found:

1. Green spiders are not attacked by wandering survivors

2. Green spiders give nothing when you chop them up

3. Green spiders do not attack wandering survivors

4. Eating food that is still in the fire doesnt work, only works once move it to your inventory

5. map location listed below started spamming console with missing block error

2017-03-09 12:30:30 868.887 ERR Block on position 3404, 128, 384 with value id=640 px=-1 py=-1 pz=-1 should be a parent but is not! (6)

6. killing a follower body instantly dissappeared, if zombie killed them they did not disappear

7. forest area seems quite laggy, new trees look to be on crack and are moving at high rate of speed even if trees near them are not moving

8. Blunt item "GoodNight" has no icon

9. GoodNight shows a repair option but in details is says no repair

10. cars may need more hp, seems to get wrecked by any z in 2 hits

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I love all the vehicle variations

Wood Spear

Is there a reason wooden spears and javelins are so bad? They do less damage than comparable wooden clubs and bows/stone arrows respectively, at moderate levels of crafting skill they're less durable than bone shivs (no, really), the javelins take an eternity to craft and you can't repair the spears. I'm having a hard time seeing why I would ever want to use wooden spears over wood clubs and I had to pay 5 skill points for the privilege. What am I missing?

At a minimum, changing DegradationRate from 5,5 to 5,1 would make them feel less completely pointless. I still don't know why I'd want to use them over clubs and bows but at least I could have a little fun with them before they break.

Archived