Gamestage / Blood Moon Horde generator

Gazz

This isn't matching what I am seeing in A16 xml for the zombie counts per wave. Is it not the latest A16 version or am I stupid? or both? :playful:

Its hard to tell what your doing wrong without any data, but the current version of the sheet is producing the correct counts per wave unless you change those values manually.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, didn't know you could do that with spreadsheets.

This should be stickied btw, seeing as it's official and pretty much the only way to easily & quickly edit hordes and spawns.

Quick question about the tsv though, it's a minor thing, but anyway to make it come out neat like it is in vanilla? It's just odd to look at with all the tabulation / spacing.

Plus I'd rather not go through and manually backspace all the white space :p

Nice, didn't know you could do that with spreadsheets.

This should be stickied btw, seeing as it's official and pretty much the only way to easily & quickly edit hordes and spawns.

Quick question about the tsv though, it's a minor thing, but anyway to make it come out neat like it is in vanilla? It's just odd to look at with all the tabulation / spacing.

Plus I'd rather not go through and manually backspace all the white space :p

If you use the editor notepad++, you can install the xmltools plugin, and then use the "Pretty Print - (XML only with linebreaks)" option to pretty all that code up.

Dude, stop changing stuff, each time I go into this I gotta relearn it. :)

Kidding aside, I added another 100+ zombies, only real issue was !zombietypes needed more rows, it didn't seem to dynamically increase, and caused random blanks in !typernd.

Everything else was relatively easy, so thanks for the tool.

I would love to see a video from you on you adding, say, 10 zombies, so I can make sure my method is the most efficient. You don't even need audio. :)

I'm still not 100% proficient on assigning gamestages, but it appears that their order in !Types plays a large factor on their weight.

I really don't understand what the list of duplicate zombies is in !zombietypes between lasttypes and endoflist. I'm guessing so you can cherry pick which zombies are exclusively used in much later gamestages?

I'm also curious what your method of producing the GS outputs for the screamer and sleepers, it appears you're just changing the yellow in !zombietypes to read that sheet, and that got me curious why you separated the possible groups. Just for more control? The screamers make sense.

I really don't understand what the list of duplicate zombies is in !zombietypes between lasttypes and endoflist. I'm guessing so you can cherry pick which zombies are exclusively used in much later gamestages?

That pads the list to increase the number of picks for the higher level zombies.

The prob % increases the spawn chance for this zombie on every roll of the selected group.

Different thing.

I'm also curious what your method of producing the GS outputs for the screamer and sleepers, it appears you're just changing the yellow in !zombietypes to read that sheet, and that got me curious why you separated the possible groups. Just for more control? The screamers make sense.

To load a completely different data sheet. Roaming hordes dont spawn with crawlers, fer instance, and gamestages can scale differently.

Consoles have a different set of rules again...

I'm not seeing the !groupOutput's higher gamestages matching the list between LastType and EndofList. Those zombies are correctly the harder zombies, but how do I increase the probability of the higher gamestages puling from that list?

Oh, so it doesn't pick from the higher list, it just expands the list to include the higher list zombies. Got it.

Do you have plans to add a multiplier, so that if I put in a higher number in this new multiplier field, it will shrink the potential list from the the top on down, so that only higher zombies are potentially in the list?

Assuming an ID count of 100... Like say there is a GS of 4086, a multiplier of 1 includes all of the zombies from the list from ID 1 to 100, but say a multiplier of 10 would only include the hardest 10% of the list, like ID 90 to 100?

Do you have something like this in place, so that I can guarantee more higher tiered zombies and less lower tiered zombies in the higher gamestages?

Ah, I see.

It's the probability increase that does it. So even though the list may have lower zombies, the higher zombies have a 1+ probability, so we're going to end up getting those instead of the lower ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes better sense, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Really awesome tool.

A few questions.

Is there any negative performance impacts or other effects from adding many more zeds in Types_BmPC?

I have added 72 new zeds to my server and sometimes my fps, and other players fps, drop down to 3-5 fps for 5-10 sec when a horde is generated. I'm not sure this is related to having many or any of the settings I have changed below.

Does Increasing possible unique in TypeRND have any negative impacts on the game?

Since I added many more zeds I increased possible unique to 35 to see more variations.

I wanted to increase number of zeds for the hordes and make the hordes more dangerous faster, is this settings the right to tweak?

So far I changed:

Z # / GS Start from 16 to 20

Z # / GS End from 300 to 450

Z # / GS Increase 0.084 to 0.094

I have no idea if this is the best way to increase size of horde and make the horde stronger, but so far Im getting larger hordes and they seem to be stronger faster than vanilla.

I added a few hundred zombies to each group and it changes groups a lot less often (every +400 gs or so), for sleepers this works great.

I manually did this rather than using the xls because I wanted explicit control over what could show up early on

For hordes, you probably want to limit the types per wave so you don't have too many different z's on screen at once.

The reason The Pimps dropped the uma zombies is because there is a performance hit each time one is generated. Having the clients set their settings to half or quarter textures helps.

ok, I will try that.

- - - Updated - - -

I added a few hundred zombies to each group and it changes groups a lot less often (every +400 gs or so), for sleepers this works great.

I manually did this rather than using the xls because I wanted explicit control over what could show up early on

For hordes, you probably want to limit the types per wave so you don't have too many different z's on screen at once.

Ok I reduce number of types and see what happens.

In the Types_BmPC there is a prob setting next to all zeds in two columns. Im not sure what to do with this for new zeds. I see that some zeds have a number here others dont. I have tried changing this Prob numbers and I dont see much results, so they have any purpose at all?

Would be great to know what kind of purpose this Prob setting have so I know how to set it for new zeds.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What about WanderingHorde, have someone modified this to have better scaling with the gamestage? It is told in xml, that "These will wrap around at 50.", meaning that gamestage 71 give the same horde as 21. So it is a kind of roulette type of a horde.

Personally I would like to make this horde to be a massive horde of slow zombies, with the number of zombies being increased with the gamestage. The goal of that horde would be to make your turrets consume ammo, spikes to be broken and some walls to be crushed, i.e. to break your defenses.

Another question is what happens to the horde when the maximum gamestage for that list is achieved? Is it "wrapping around" as well?

• 2 months later...
In the Types_BmPC there is a prob setting next to all zeds in two columns. Im not sure what to do with this for new zeds. I see that some zeds have a number here others dont. I have tried changing this Prob numbers and I dont see much results, so they have any purpose at all?

Would be great to know what kind of purpose this Prob setting have so I know how to set it for new zeds.

I had the same question, and then in the process of coming here to ask, I thought of something, went back, and checked the -output-. The probability numbers are used in generating the output. So if a zombie has prob numbers 0,7, the GroupOutput will include something like: <entity name="zombieDarleneFeral" prob="0.153"/>. This number is used at the moment of spawning, in game, to weight which zombie is spawned. Lower numbers are less likely. So if your group has 6 zombies, and 4 have no probability#, they default to '1', and 2 have probability of 0.5, you end up with each zombie spawned having a 20% chance of being each of the 1's, and a 10% chance of being each of the 0.5's.

Or something along those lines. The probabilities might not be that cut and dry, but it works out something like that. Having the probability numbers doesn't change which days a zombie can show up, it just means you get fewer of that zombie on the days you do. So your base isn't completely overwhelmed with feral radiated cops. :p

For new zeds, leave it blank if it's not a tougher/bosstype that you want to limit the number of that someone has to face in a night. Default is 1. For anything you want to reduce the appearance of on a particular night(but not restrict how many nights it'll show up), put in some prob numbers.

Aaaand, I just realized I am responding to a very old comment. Lol. Well, in case anyone else comes along with the question, here is an answer. It was a question I had but too but figured out the answer to.

Woah. And then I realized it is MUCH cooler than that. The ones with probabilities scale with GS, so effectively that random number is divided by 2000(or whatever number you put in as a probability scaling in !ZombieTypes!$B11$) and then multiplied by the GS, and then has the lower limit added back in. So the tougher enemies aren't just more likely to show up on later nights, they get more common too, potentially overtaking the appearance of simpler enemies.

This thing is -awesome-.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely complicated as all get out, and I can see why the other devs on the team took one look at it and !NOPE!, but to me this stuff is catnip. :p

Archived