Gamestage / Blood Moon Horde generator

Gazz

Gazz:

What number did I change to screw this up:

The game stages created are no longer viable game stages; for instance, at some point gamestage 497 was called by the game, however I didn't have a gamestage 497, so I screwed SOMETHING up that changed the default increments.

*edit*

Okay, NEVER change the number on TypeRND:A8. Ever. :)

Hey Gazz, seeing how "simply" (thanks to you!) the Gamestages are calculated now, are there any plans / would it be possible to get a few more variables into it, like character level and wellness? Also gear matters, but that would probably be much harder to implement?

Personally when I get a sniper rifle and a SMG with enough ammo, the game becomes a cakewalk, but the exact same gear and skills without them is a different beast... As the 7:th day horde is supposed to be scaled now, these variables would make a big difference, even without counting in gear.

On Topic: Thank you very much for publishing the tool, I really appreciate it!

Is it possible to define a minimum value for MaxAlive? I would like to have the higher end at 20, but the lower at 5, and currently it doesn't seem to be possible...

• 1 month later...

I spent about an hour trying to get started with this seemingly amazing tool but can't find the door in. Forget all the changing of formulas and similar complexity, an explanation of the tabs would be helpful. I made a copy as directed. Which tab do you add zombies to, the zombie types tab or one of the three preceding tabs? I added a few on several tabs and nothing shows up on the gamestagesoutput tab which remains a whitespace. Are the markers functional, as in do i have to move the lasttype and/or eol marker if i add zombies? And how does lasttype differ from eol, does everything between lasttype and eol just not matter?

This tool screams for a Guppycur video.

This, I can do.

...when I get back from Vegas.

It'll look a bit different than his copy, I'm using an older copy. I'll see if his newer copy is similar enough to use for demo purposes.

It definitely requires a decent knowledge of spreadsheet software.

First step is copy to your Google drive, then edit it from on there. He's got a few functions going that I couldn't find a local software to support.

Banged my head against this and think I figured out the door. These things were not apparent but I think they are correct. If not, please let me know so I can update this with correct info.

The tabs:

Info: Just what it says, some info. Some clear, some cryptic.... Just move on for now.

Types_BmPC: Stands for Bloodmoon spawn - PC version - This is your data entry screen if your running the PC version.

Types_ScrPC: Stands for Screamer spawn - PC version - This is just a sample alternate data entry screen and you could have multiple tabs like this one to make custom spawn lists.

Types_BmCon: Stands for Blodmoon spawn - console version - This is your data entry screen if your running the console version.

ZombieTypes: This screen import the data from one of the about 3 Type tabs; select on in cell 2B of this sheet

TypeRND: Not sure on this one, probably a way to adjust the randomness of the output

RawHordeStages: Probably just a sheet to collect raw data for processing - don't touch...

HordeStages: Processed data from RAWHordeStages, Don't touch

GameStages: Processed data needed to create final output, Don't touch

Group Output: This is what you download as a tab delimited file to paste into entitygroups.xml (replacing the existing similar entries)

GameStagesOutput: This is what you download as a tab delimited file for use as gamestages.xml

Note on the Types_ tabs there is a field to add a group prefix, and on Types_BmPC it has feral listed. This entry is added as a prefix to the entity group names and spawner names, so if you want to maintain the default naming just empty the group prefix field.

Also: 1. If your output tabs appear totally blank, just wait, as it can take a long time for these sheets to build. 2. For some reason the maxaliveMax field doesn't transfer from your entry tab to the Zombietypes tab. I had to add it there as well to get it to update the output tab. Bug?

Ok, long enough post for now. Now that I think I know what tabs do, I will play some more and maybe make another post about adding new zombies and adjusting spawn rates etc. Unless Guppycur does the video first....

• 2 weeks later...

Video on how to add a new Zombie to the hordes via that XML.

Still processing.

Hey, I think you'd be a lot better off if you either made separate tabs for the "level 1" and "level 2" zombies, or put them in separate columns, because right now you have to insert a new row, and although it nicely dynamically updates which rows to read from, it kills my OCD. :)

Hey, I think you'd be a lot better off if you either made separate tabs for the "level 1" and "level 2" zombies, or put them in separate columns, because right now you have to insert a new row, and although it nicely dynamically updates which rows to read from, it kills my OCD. :)

Everything I split up I have to collate later. And giving the processing speed... yuck.

Just be happy I added the dynamic row detection. =P

2. For some reason the maxaliveMax field doesn't transfer from your entry tab to the Zombietypes tab. I had to add it there as well to get it to update the output tab. Bug?

It works.

Just wait for it to finish updating. =P

It definitely helps, and was an unexpected bonus from the last version I was using where I'd have to search and replace the formulas. Made my video take a lot less longer, although I'm pretty sure I put the new zombie into the wrong group the first attempt (was trying for group 1, pretty sure I put it in group 2).

Either way, keep up the nice work. :)

It's good for my sanity.

With this zombie being added or changed, and that new feral version, and the other... whatever... it just plain isn't manageable by hand.

And for someone who likes to go nuts with UMA zombies - and I'm looking at no one in particular here - it should have the same benefit. Unless it's too late for that.

Thanks for the video Gup, and thanks for updating the note tab Gazz, much clearer now.

I used this tool last week to create custom spawns and it worked great. One question though. I don't understand the reasoning for having a third lookup section between lasttype and endoflist. In my version, I added all my basic zombies to the basic section and the bosses and specials to the red advanced section. I then put the endoflist tag immediately after the last entry in the advanced section. I then used probability entries to adjust the spawn rate curve for many zombies (linear reduction of spawning of UMA types for performance reasons, and later stage start spawning of bosses). So why bother with the look up function to add duplicate Zombies to the list? It seems that doing that sacrifices precise control over the spawn curve, or at least makes it more complex. I'm sure I'm just missing something here.

Also, @Gazz, did you change anything in this sheet besides updating the notes since the version that was online last week? I noticed the maxspawn number still doesn't populate the ZombieTypes sheet as expected. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature though.

Thanks again guys....

Hey Gazz, thanks I'm going to put that into my A15 game I think as I want to change it to maxalive 32 which is simple to do, but also wanted what your spreadsheet does, of a built in gradual increase up to 32, rather than 32 from day 1. I also like that your gamestages have gone up far higher this time which means it should extend the game for longer.

My question, is as these are based on A16 with for example the fat hawaiian which isn't in A15 what will the game do when it sees that? Or is there a way to get the groups based on the available A15 zombies?

Thanks

Ok thanks guys, I don't mind it breaking my game at all because I finished my first A15 game after I got to level 200, then I gave it a break for a couple months. Now I'm starting over and am altering the xml's very slightly to make the single player game slightly more challenging on a survival basis (ie food takes longer to grow, and 7 day hordes are tougher). However I haven't yet even got to day 7, hence why I'm looking at this spreadsheet with keen interest :)

• 2 months later...
so when i paste this into my xml file (not sure im putting this right) do i have to manual move the all the lines down one? like each stage is all one line.. do i need to move them down to look proper?

No. It will work fine in its compact format. No need to separate to individual lines unless your bothered by how it looks.

Archived