Gamestage / Blood Moon Horde generator

Gazz

If you're only just now doing this you're going to get errors, since that is currently an a16 xml and has zombies that don't exist for us yet.

I made an assumption that he has edited the Types_BmPC sheet and added his zombies properly (why else bother with this tool?) and removed the A16 ones. If he does not know how to use the tool properly, he certainly will get lots of errors! His question seemed to be only about the format of the output, which works fine assuming you built the dependent tabs correctly.

I made an assumption that he has edited the Types_BmPC sheet and added his zombies properly (why else bother with this tool?) and removed the A16 ones. If he does not know how to use the tool properly, he certainly will get lots of errors! His question seemed to be only about the format of the output, which works fine assuming you built the dependent tabs correctly.

Lol, I made the assumption that if he doesn't know it doesn't matter whether or not the lines need to be formatted, that he probably isn't aware of the dependencies. :)

Either way, all good.

i removed all the a16 zombies.. added my own.. 2 horde nights ran fine.. then the one we just had i got this over and over

2017-04-29T09:09:09 53447.437 INF Spawning bloodmoon zombie from feralHordeStageGS3289
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorBloodMoonParty.TB (.World , .EntityPlayer , Vector3 , Vector3 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorBloodMoonParty.Tick (.World _world, Double _dt, Boolean _canSpawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorBloodMoonComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.RB (Double ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

this is the stage its calling

<entitygroup name="feralHordeStageGS3289">		
<entity name="ZombieCur"/>		
<entity name="zombieferal" prob="1.205"/>		
<entity name="Burning Boss" prob="0.067"/>		
<entity name="fatzombiecop" prob="1.352"/>		
<entity name="zombiedog"/>		
<entity name="ZombieSeryph"/>		
<entity name="ZombieOfficeGirl"/>		
<entity name="ZombieCheerleader"/>		
<entity name="zombieDarlene"/>		
<entity name="zombieArlene"/>		
<entity name="ZombieSWATFemale" prob="0.103"/>									
</entitygroup>	

any ideas? everything looks good to me

my spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJ_n3yV4UBo5NmBCD9qZL-5wVnTSJAaZqnWaydUCWkU/edit?usp=sharing

edit: apprently looking at log more i see it does happen to other stages

There is a box, can't recall what, that if you change the number, breaks it just like that. Check the first few pages of this thread, I mention it.

I bet that's it.

i only changed the unique. i read your issue and I have the gamestage its calling for but something is going nutty but for life of me i dont know what. maybe to many unique?

edit: looked and i have 43 zombies listed so i dont think thats it

i removed all the a16 zombies.. added my own.. 2 horde nights ran fine.. then the one we just had i got this over and over

2017-04-29T09:09:09 53447.437 INF Spawning bloodmoon zombie from feralHordeStageGS3289
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorBloodMoonParty.TB (.World , .EntityPlayer , Vector3 , Vector3 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorBloodMoonParty.Tick (.World _world, Double _dt, Boolean _canSpawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorBloodMoonComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.RB (Double ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

this is the stage its calling

<entitygroup name="feralHordeStageGS3289">		
<entity name="ZombieCur"/>		
<entity name="zombieferal" prob="1.205"/>		
<entity name="Burning Boss" prob="0.067"/>		
<entity name="fatzombiecop" prob="1.352"/>		
<entity name="zombiedog"/>		
<entity name="ZombieSeryph"/>		
<entity name="ZombieOfficeGirl"/>		
<entity name="ZombieCheerleader"/>		
<entity name="zombieDarlene"/>		
<entity name="zombieArlene"/>		
<entity name="ZombieSWATFemale" prob="0.103"/>									
</entitygroup>	

any ideas? everything looks good to me

my spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJ_n3yV4UBo5NmBCD9qZL-5wVnTSJAaZqnWaydUCWkU/edit?usp=sharing

edit: apprently looking at log more i see it does happen to other stages

Check the exact spelling including capitalization on each of those zombies listed above and make sure it matches exactly how it is in the entityclasses.xml file.

Also, you have Gamestage Exp =1.44 instead of 1.3869 , which as Gup said is going to cause you problems.

Check the exact spelling including capitalization on each of those zombies listed above and make sure it matches exactly how it is in the entityclasses.xml file.

Also, you have Gamestage Exp =1.44 instead of 1.3869 , which as Gup said is going to cause you problems.

is the 1.44 an a16 thing? i didnt change it so not sure. so i need 1.3869 for a15?

Here is a link to a copy of an older and maybe A15 compatible (except for zombietypes) Gazz spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kIfNXeJot-mfb2OolqvHwXnPC3tvYoe3KJaYD9TODRI/edit?usp=sharing

I never tested that version, so in case it has issues, here is a copy of an older A15 version that I currently use. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17HxlXIPYkp1aYGcAReSN20xazz_L29_SxtJWrZWtPS0/edit?usp=sharing

Yah, this is my document and it keeps changing without warning. =)

You are welcome to use/abuse/change your version(s) in whatever ways you see fit.

The basic functionality stays the same and it can save you a mountain of work but you have to check the data you put in.

Yah, this is my document and it keeps changing without warning. =)

You are welcome to use/abuse/change your version(s) in whatever ways you see fit.

The basic functionality stays the same and it can save you a mountain of work but you have to check the data you put in.

i put in all my data and all is working fine now.. thank you again.

Awesome; thoughts?

I don't think the unique is working that well. I get max gamestage and get the 2 or 3 of same zombies.. all my harder zombies like I should then the last few waves I'll get all the easy ones. When I have 10 unique "hard" zombies and get 12 zombies but only 5 are unique.. seems off. Thought I'd get 10 unique

I have never found the unique bit (TypeRND) in there to not work.

And those who are paying attention will have noticed a naming convention. Yay. Finally. ;)

maybe its just how im killing them and they get replaced.. looking at each gamestage they are definitely unique

• 1 month later...

Spreadsheet is working great. I did have an issue with the sheets not finding the EOF when I added all my zombie types. I discovered your formula only searches the first 248 rows for the EOF marker. My sheet ran 300+ rows, due to having 8 walk types for every zombie type. Sure wish there was a more elegant was to implement all the walktypes on a single model.

Easy enough to edit the formulas, and to copy/paste the formulas into the needed extra rows on the zombietypes tab, but I thought I would mention this in case someone else runs into that problem.

Archived