War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

I do think the beginning builder quest needs to be lightened up a bit. Instead of 10,000 I would go with 5000. This seems like a more reasonable amount to get. The requirement of getting 25 Aloe Cream could also be shortened but isn't as bad as the builder's quest 1. Not much else I can say about 5.2 as I'm still in the early stages of playing.

Forget 5k plant fibers. Even 1k is too much. I detest games with useless time sinks and tread mills. Maybe 5k wood and 5k stone is okay as they will ultimately be used. There is no use for plant fibers so the quest is silly.

As I understand it I need Building Mastery to unlock concrete. What is needed for Building Mastery?

Forget 5k plant fibers. Even 1k is too much. I detest games with useless time sinks and tread mills. Maybe 5k wood and 5k stone is okay as they will ultimately be used. There is no use for plant fibers so the quest is silly.

As I understand it I need Building Mastery to unlock concrete. What is needed for Building Mastery?

On our server I have tweaked those settings down but also have items given on first spawn. We don’t mind difficult but with only 3 or at max 4 players in random gen it balances nicely. We’ve not gotten far yet and I think it’s about day 6 but while in the first city we had quite a battle with sleepers and wandering hordes. I’m glad we adjusted the settings for a more balanced start. Obviously this won’t suit everyone’s tastes but we like it.

Good Day Dwallorde

Just want to let you know there are still issues .. getting the Null Ref

I started a new Games yesterday .. and the map I was on had 2 traders " one on each side of a Hill " one I could go to with no problems .. but when I tried to go the other .. maybe 3 NPC showed up around it fighting z's and I got stuck in the " Null Ref pop-up " and it took about 3-5 minutes it get far enough away to get out of the loop. ( IT seemed forever).

Anyway .. just wanted to let you know .. But I started another New game after clearing out that save.

Have a good day .. and I still enjoy the Mod .. Thank you

EDIT: 1-28-18 ... After dying 3 more times Because of the " NULL REF " issue in the NEW GAME .. I decided to uninstall Mod ... and hope this issue can be fixed .......... Because when it is working .. I love this mod.

NPC fighting Z's and Trading Post do not mix well for some reason.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Also if you are away from your base for long period of time .. The game looks at as Abandon and that can cause z's to spawn inside.

Not only screamers, and zombies sometimes spawn in front of me. Triger was my friend , he was close my base - small horde of prisoners spawn in my base on concreate floor , start walking in his direction . Horde destroyed the wall from the inside. It's probably not normal. What is the point of making fortifications.

Edited by Hicks (see edit history)

Not only screamers, and zombies sometimes spawn in front of me. Triger was my friend , he was close my base - small horde of prisoners spawn in my base on concreate floor , start walking in his direction . Horde destroyed the wall from the inside. It's probably not normal. What is the point of making fortifications.

Is this a base you made or a POI?

How much RAM?

This game is eating at least 12GB of my RAM, is that normal? I only have 16gb and with Steam, windows, and usually a chrome tab or 2 open ~3gb is already allocated before I even start 7D2D.

Just re-tested it while writing this and I went from ~2.6gb with just this tab, steam and the performance monitor open to >15gb when WoTW was done loading to the main menu. >12GB for this mod seems intense.

I did try searching this thread for "RAM" but apparently that's too short or common for the search feature.

PS: anyone know a good source for cheap RAM? Newegg and Amazon would both be ~$300 for 32gb ddr3 1800mhz

This game is eating at least 12GB of my RAM, is that normal? I only have 16gb and with Steam, windows, and usually a chrome tab or 2 open ~3gb is already allocated before I even start 7D2D.

Just re-tested it while writing this and I went from ~2.6gb with just this tab, steam and the performance monitor open to >15gb when WoTW was done loading to the main menu. >12GB for this mod seems intense.

I did try searching this thread for "RAM" but apparently that's too short or common for the search feature.

PS: anyone know a good source for cheap RAM? Newegg and Amazon would both be ~$300 for 32gb ddr3 1800mhz

Hello!

Yes, well the game itself without a mod is 8GB, and yes WotW takes up more, so it is 'the ball park' for ram usage.

No, since the Samsung ram/memory factory burnt down the other year, they've been 'high priced' since. Frys.com sometimes - sometimes has 'specials' maybe bestbuy.com but I doubt it.

Hello!

Yes, well the game itself without a mod is 8GB, and yes WotW takes up more, so it is 'the ball park' for ram usage.

No, since the Samsung ram/memory factory burnt down the other year, they've been 'high priced' since. Frys.com sometimes - sometimes has 'specials' maybe bestbuy.com but I doubt it.

Thanks for the info. It seems to be running fine, chugged throughout the startup and for a couple minutes once the world loaded but I've been playing for a couple hours with no problems.

Didn't know about that factory fire, bummer.

Hello!

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/166775-ram-pricewatch-memory-spikes-in-wake-of-hynix-fire-but-for-how-long

Hynix fire happened On September 4 2013, that was 5 years ago!

Current 3x and 4x price spike is caused by shear complexity:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3409756/ram-prices-drop.html

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/166775-ram-pricewatch-memory-spikes-in-wake-of-hynix-fire-but-for-how-long

Hynix fire happened On September 4 2013, that was 5 years ago!

Current 3x and 4x price spike is caused by shear complexity:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3409756/ram-prices-drop.html

And it all ends up being a scam.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/261330-china-investigating-higher-nand-prices-potential-price-fixing

(Thanks for the link Dust)

Opps, my bad!

I remember when MS publicly announced that they were having all the 'big names' in the computer industry to BG's 'home.' From a friend whom helped with his house I knew they were already doing this... This was back in the day when the big push in the software industry was to make the code smaller... Then along comes MS and their 'conferences.' Then a bit later Everything starts to increase, and then "Bloatware" lol Now you need a faster processor, more ram, more hard drive space... So yes the entire industry is a scam!

Great mod. I play 5.2.2 on dedi. But I lack understanding of the class papers: I have Protection class papers A, B and C but trying to craft the class paper the game tells me: 'you don't know the required recipe'. What am I missing?

Complete the Protection quest series first, then those recipes will allow you to create a Vending Machine.

If you have extra Class paper pieces, you can create another class component, but I don't know what THAT item does.

V5.2.3 B111 Deployed.

Change Log:

-Added Combine Bench Workstation (Able to Upgrade Tool Parts as well as combine them)

-Added More Seeds to Class Vending Machine

-Added HD Nailgun as a optional Hold Requirement for Nail some Chicks Challenge

-Fixed Lockpicks

-Improved Localization for Several Items that were missing Crafting Location

-Changed Worms now no longer give health or stamina and now lower wellness

-Changed Reverted Output Slots for Workstations back to Vanilla 6 (Dupe Reasons)

-Changed Removed Clothing Workstation Recipe

-Changed Removed Clothing Workstation In Game Spawn Chance

-Changed Green Tea Buff Chance to 60%

-Changed Slightly Buffed Tuna Sandwich

-Changed Increased Skill Point Rewards from all Quests

-Changed Increased Blunderbuss Ammo Crafting Counts

-Changed Reduced Ammo in Marksman Class Vending Machine

-Changed Increased Chance for Gun Smithing Magazine in Marksman Class Vending Machine

-Changed Armor Drop Rates in Protection Class Vending Machine

-Changed Balanced Builder Class Vending Machine

-Added Seeds to Scholar Vending Machine

-Added Multiblock Dimension for Fire Trap

-Fixed Missing Recipe for BGG Hat With Light

-Fixed BGG Hat Localization

-Fixed Offer Key for Trader Located Quest

-Changed Blueprint Workstation no longer requires Fuel

-Fixed Prisoner Clothing Localization

-Items.xml Cleanup (Back End Stuff)

V5.2.3 B111 Deployed.

Change Log:

-Added Combine Bench Workstation (Able to Upgrade Tool Parts as well as combine them)

-Added More Seeds to Class Vending Machine

-Added HD Nailgun as a optional Hold Requirement for Nail some Chicks Challenge

-Fixed Lockpicks

-Improved Localization for Several Items that were missing Crafting Location

-Changed Worms now no longer give health or stamina and now lower wellness

-Changed Reverted Output Slots for Workstations back to Vanilla 6 (Dupe Reasons)

-Changed Removed Clothing Workstation Recipe

-Changed Removed Clothing Workstation In Game Spawn Chance

-Changed Green Tea Buff Chance to 60%

-Changed Slightly Buffed Tuna Sandwich

-Changed Increased Skill Point Rewards from all Quests

-Changed Increased Blunderbuss Ammo Crafting Counts

-Changed Reduced Ammo in Marksman Class Vending Machine

-Changed Increased Chance for Gun Smithing Magazine in Marksman Class Vending Machine

-Changed Armor Drop Rates in Protection Class Vending Machine

-Changed Balanced Builder Class Vending Machine

-Added Seeds to Scholar Vending Machine

-Added Multiblock Dimension for Fire Trap

-Fixed Missing Recipe for BGG Hat With Light

-Fixed BGG Hat Localization

-Fixed Offer Key for Trader Located Quest

-Changed Blueprint Workstation no longer requires Fuel

-Fixed Prisoner Clothing Localization

-Items.xml Cleanup (Back End Stuff)

Hey hey Its all good and good job!

Question!

Do you read what forummembers post here?

What about those many bugs many of us have posted here? Some are 4 weeks old- for example +3 bedrock?

Let us know the answer to that as for now posting bugs here is kinda pointless.

If the only means to contact you is via skype or discord- let us know that as well as you do not answer to any mails sent to you.

K Thx for the update and have a nice day!

Edited by zingo2 (see edit history)

has there been a fix yet for the bigger bag mod with walkers

I have tried adding the big bag mod from ssx that it says to use and still get errors ad it locks up when trying to use the forge I have been all over trying to find a work around or a fix for it but no luck on the Nexxus site they said there was a patch I tryied it and it didnt work either need help or a bag mod that works with the walker mod would love to have a 80 slot bag if anyone can help but will settle for anything that is working with this mod

Can you pickup the class vending machines if you move?

Or maybe craft more from the fragments?

Also is there a special place to get builder fragments. I have loads of every other class type, but not found any builder type.

You cannot pick up vending machines...but you can craft new ones...the recipes require a lot of materials

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="500"/>
<ingredient name="forgedSteel" count="250"/>
<ingredient name="ForgedTungsten" count="150"/>
<ingredient name="mechanicalParts" count="200"/>
<ingredient name="electricParts" count="150"/>
<ingredient name="electronicParts" count="100"/>