Jump to content

Subquake's Undead Legacy


Subquake

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Subquake said:

@Sapsan I haven't touched how the vanilla challenge quests work, but I will take a look if I can do something about them (and if they are broken in the first place for me)

 

@Blxckdreadful Yeah, I've heard stories from healing teammates not working at all to when it works, causing this kind of issue (silly numbers for debuffs), I will look into this.

I test most of the stuff solo and thus figuring out multiplayer bugs isn't easy, because every time I ask someone to help debug stuff online, they usually get annoyed of constant rejoins/reloads after tweaks, not everyone has my level of patience :D

Oh, I see. I'm in Asia region so idk if the connection would be good, but once my brother and I are done playing your mod, I'm interested in helping you in tweaking multiplayer related issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Subquake, big fan of your mod!

One quick question, is your amazing work compatible with the latest Compo Pack?

There are some POIs from that pack that I am very fond of, but I don't want to taint your vision by using different prefabs than the ones you've modified.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TheGreatApe88 Yes, but be warned, your framerate will be dipping near some of the compo pack POIs and some of them most definitely will cheese the progression and I absolutely hate the POIs in that pack, that have 4 traders, that's so cheesy and overpowered due to handful of POIs you like in that pack, I wouldn't recommend it.

 

Undead Legacy doesn't add new unique POIs, but some of the vanilla ones are changed, some more, some less, but the changes complement the narrative of the mod.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Subquake said:

@TheGreatApe88 Yes, but be warned, your framerate will be dipping near some of the compo pack POIs and some of them most definitely will cheese the progression and I absolutely hate the POIs in that pack, that have 4 traders, that's so cheesy and overpowered due to handful of POIs you like in that pack, I wouldn't recommend it.

 

Undead Legacy doesn't add new unique POIs, but some of the vanilla ones are changed, some more, some less, but the changes complement the narrative of the mod.

 

Understood, thank you. 🙂

I will avoid using the Compo Pack with your overhaul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Subquake I tried using the PIP-Optics with your mod. Obviously, it isn't entirely compatible and I had to manually tweak the positions, some of them I tweaked correctly, while some are to no avail (like the ones that have rail mounts e.g: micro smg and glock 22) But with that said, it's really game-changing. Well not changing the gameplay entirely but it is so good to look at and looks more modern. Just wanna ask, any plans on doing something like that in the future?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, some random feedback after we played the mod for 2 in-game weeks now:

 

Possible bug or just something that surprised us a bit !? WeightedHead mod is not usable in fireaxes and pickaxes (reason being that you added them to perkDeepCuts and that prevents the mod install). Rather inconsistently Stone Axe and Stone pickaxe can still get the mod as well as all spears.

 

The no.1 thing we felt unanimously to be a mistake and corrected through creative menue: That writable stuff like wooden signs and storage boxes are relegated to mid- or endgame. I've seen a few mods now that not only add a lot more items to the game but their creators think it is a good idea to gate this stuff, probably to give another inventive for people to advance. Instead it just leads to an endless dance of searching multiple containers for stuff in multiplayer games. Single player this might be still ok, in multiplayer it is creating a frustrating micromanagament work loop.

If you really want the good storage boxes confined to a later time, fine. But at least wooden signs should be available from the start. 

 

We are 4 players on our server, two really like the mod, one is still on the fence and one dislikes it becauses of the stronger survival elements like the weight system.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Hi, some random feedback after we played the mod for 2 in-game weeks now:

 

Possible bug or just something that surprised us a bit !? WeightedHead mod is not usable in fireaxes and pickaxes (reason being that you added them to perkDeepCuts and that prevents the mod install). Rather inconsistently Stone Axe and Stone pickaxe can still get the mod as well as all spears.

 

The no.1 thing we felt unanimously to be a mistake and corrected through creative menue: That writable stuff like wooden signs and storage boxes are relegated to mid- or endgame. I've seen a few mods now that not only add a lot more items to the game but their creators think it is a good idea to gate this stuff, probably to give another inventive for people to advance. Instead it just leads to an endless dance of searching multiple containers for stuff in multiplayer games. Single player this might be still ok, in multiplayer it is creating a frustrating micromanagament work loop.

If you really want the good storage boxes confined to a later time, fine. But at least wooden signs should be available from the start. 

 

We are 4 players on our server, two really like the mod, one is still on the fence and one dislikes it becauses of the stronger survival elements like the weight system.

 

 

For the containers, you can pickup most of the storages found in the world, cardboard boxes, counters, fridges and a lot more. For me, I find it rather easier because of this. And that also solves the multiplayer problem where you guys would search for what is is needed. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, playing 7d2d once again and I just found your mod.  It is beautifully awesome! 

But I am getting an error when trying to lockpick.

 

Unable to open archive file ...../Resources/Subquake_locks.ulm

Err loading AssetBundle failed.

ArgumentException: the Object you want to instantiate is null

 

I am only using Undead Legacy, no other mods.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Radaxys said:

Hey, playing 7d2d once again and I just found your mod.  It is beautifully awesome! 

But I am getting an error when trying to lockpick.

 

Unable to open archive file ...../Resources/Subquake_locks.ulm

Err loading AssetBundle failed.

ArgumentException: the Object you want to instantiate is null

 

I am only using Undead Legacy, no other mods.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Well it means what it means, you are missing some of the mod asset files. Complete reinstall of the mod is required. For more assistance to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest joining my discord (original post on this forum has a link to it), and even if I'm not around, I'm sure there's gonna be someone that can help you solve this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 11:28 PM, Gamida said:

Thought there was no harm in asking (seems it was). Guess I won't be enjoying it.

Agreed. I was in the process of downloading this mod to give it another go until I saw that response to you, Kamida. Creator or no, there's zero need for them to respond to you like that when you asked a question about the mod. Kudos to Subquake for making it, but they're not God and still should be decent in responding to people. All you did was ask a freakin' question, after all.  

Edited by thedoctor122570
To clarify whom I was speaking to (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Day Subquake

 

Quick question .. Can I use a map that I made with KingGen .. with all vanilla poi's .. it has no wastelands or burnt forest or should I make a random one only using the undead version. I know you have made some changes to the poi's, but wasn't sure if it will work with mine 

 

Thank you ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 .. just turned 75

 

Take Care and Be Safe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Good day Subquake

 

Question .. when using the Mod Launcher for your game .. does your mod auto "Pre-Sync" when just hitting Play mod .. The reason I ask is it take about 5-6 minutes for the launcher to get the game loaded just the game screen and then another 3 minutes to get into game after hitting continue at the game load screen ...... and .. I just reloaded everything I had for the launcher on a SSD, thinking that would help .. but it takes just as long as when I had it on a HD.

Or is it just the nature of the beast (mod) for long loads .. Just wondering 🤔

 

Have a good weekend and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Subquake,

Loving your work.

I realize this may have been said somewhere, but I am struggling to find the answer.  I am trying to figure out why certain items have a red background to their icon.  Mainly additional items that I add after Undead Legacy.  Is this a specific marking feature, or am I missing an item 'property' or what?

 

Thank you,

 

  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Radaxys said:

(..) why certain items have a red background to their icon.  Mainly additional items that I add after Undead Legacy.  Is this a specific marking feature, or am I missing an item 'property' or what?

Correct, you are missing an item property. Items that don't have defined inventory weight are marked with red background.

 

To fix that, any additional items added by modlets on top of UL have to have this property defined on them:
 

<property name="CarryWeight" value="0.05"/>

 

Adjust the value so that it makes sense to you. You can do it easily by creating a small modlet, that loads after everything, that does something like:
 

<Config>
<append xpath="//item[@name='customItemName001']"><property name="CarryWeight" value="10"/></append>
...
<append xpath="//item[@name='customItemName999']"><property name="CarryWeight" value="2.5"/></append>
</Config>

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Day to All, and specialy Subquake

 

I have updated the game to the latest version, A19.6  2.4.28 UL and I feel really strange  about the zombies reach which looks like longer then 3 block adn somties even holding the spear getting hit by them. Is this just for me or something been changed, I love the game, but with hit by everyone all the time it is not fun anymore. Did anyone feel the same, or just me. I am noob in this topic, but in the game I have  2K+ I am not a pro, but I experienced a few mod and I never feelt like this before.

I really like your uniqe pack, thanks for creating and upgrading and I allready spent some time at the pervious version of the game and really enjoyed it. Hope you can give me some hint/tip what could be wrong, if it is not intentional.

Thanks,   

  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sebike01 Zombie reach is exactly like in vanilla. There are other overhaul mods that have reduced zombie reach, making the game easier. Also it's not a pack, it's a single overhaul mod, solely created by myself, none of the parts of the mod are available as modlets, because the intent was to make a single overhaul mod with a unified and balanced feeling in regards to content synergy between various game mechanics, including custom ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...