Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

2 hours ago, Jamb0t said:

Hello, great mod! Is there anyway to change the starting items for new players that join?

Yes, make a server side modlet, that loads alphabetically after Undead Legacy and that alters the following loot list: groupStarterKit

11 hours ago, Subquake said:

There are plans to have at least 4 tiers of repair kits: Primitive, Regular, Advanced and Improved eventually. Main source of titanium atm is building lots of Ore Extractors and hope they yield some. More ways to get titanium are planned, but don't draw parallels with DF, because I want it to be a special and rare resource in Undead Legacy.

Is it possible to code a repair to take 2 items? Such as an AK requiring a repair kit AND assault rifle parts?

Hello, i have a error message when i launch new dedicated server with rwg map size 16384. Anyone have this problem ?

I have exactly this message: 2022-02-05T17:29:54 1.979 ERR There was an error finding rwgmixer world entry for the current world size! WorldSize: 16384/n Please make sure that the world size falls within the min/max ranges listed in xml. 2022-02-05T17:29:55 2.877 WRN [EOS] [LogEOSAnalytics - Warning] EOS SDK Analytics disabled
Edited by gesierfou (see edit history)

2 hours ago, FatsackTony said:

Is it possible to code a repair to take 2 items? Such as an AK requiring a repair kit AND assault rifle parts?

No and that's what the Maintenance Station is for.

1 hour ago, gesierfou said:
Hello, i have a error message when i launch new dedicated server with rwg map size 16384. Anyone have this problem ?

I have exactly this message: 2022-02-05T17:29:54 1.979 ERR There was an error finding rwgmixer world entry for the current world size! WorldSize: 16384/n Please make sure that the world size falls within the min/max ranges listed in xml. 2022-02-05T17:29:55 2.877 WRN [EOS] [LogEOSAnalytics - Warning] EOS SDK Analytics disabled

Game doesn't support 16k map, make it smaller, 14k or something

Hello, me and my friend both installed the mod trough the mod launcher but we have a problem where new items are invisible and the give the following error:

Failed to read data for the AssetBundle 'Subquake_Items.ulm'.

2022-02-06T14:28:57 153.577 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/7D2D/Alpha20/Undead_Legacy/Undead_Legacy_Stable/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\UndeadLegacy_Content01/Resources/Subquake_Items.ulm" failed!
Unable to read header from archive file: 

The file itself is 1kb and reinstalling the mod did not help.

Edited by KaRenis (see edit history)

Hello. We are a group of 3 players all having the same issues since the last UL Stable Update (2022.02.01 - 2.5.47 Stable)

Everyone pre-synced with experimental features checked. Playing with german translation and steam friends only. (not on a server) - Btw nice work on this translation. Thanks for the work. 🙂

Several tools / weapons are not shown as intended. Examples we found so far:

- scrap tools / weapons (scrap knive, katana, shovel, 2 handed hammer etc.)

- some guns, too (scrap shotgun, AUC-1)

I guess there are even more.

They are show as scraps of cloth when held in hand but, at least as far as i can tell, close combat weapons are still working. (we were still able to fight with katana etc.)

4 hours ago, Hunde_Floh said:

Hello. We are a group of 3 players all having the same issues since the last UL Stable Update (2022.02.01 - 2.5.47 Stable)

Everyone pre-synced with experimental features checked. Playing with german translation and steam friends only. (not on a server) - Btw nice work on this translation. Thanks for the work. 🙂

Several tools / weapons are not shown as intended. Examples we found so far:

- scrap tools / weapons (scrap knive, katana, shovel, 2 handed hammer etc.)

- some guns, too (scrap shotgun, AUC-1)

I guess there are even more.

They are show as scraps of cloth when held in hand but, at least as far as i can tell, close combat weapons are still working. (we were still able to fight with katana etc.)

4 hours ago, KaRenis said:

Hello, me and my friend both installed the mod trough the mod launcher but we have a problem where new items are invisible and the give the following error:

Failed to read data for the AssetBundle 'Subquake_Items.ulm'.

2022-02-06T14:28:57 153.577 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/7D2D/Alpha20/Undead_Legacy/Undead_Legacy_Stable/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\UndeadLegacy_Content01/Resources/Subquake_Items.ulm" failed!
Unable to read header from archive file: 

The file itself is 1kb and reinstalling the mod did not help.

I had the same problem, the mod launcher is not downloading the "Subquake_Items.ulm" via git correctly.
You could try to check the "Direct Download" option in the mod launcher.

Or you could download the file manually from the repository: Subquake_Items.ulm and copy it into the correct folder (Undead_Legacy\Undead_Legacy_Stable\Mods\UndeadLegacy_Content01\Resources).
You should uncheck "Refresh Mods Automatically" option in the launcher or else the file will get overwritten again with the empty version.

I'd guess ModLauncher does not checkout files from the Git Large File Storage when pulling files from the repo.

On 1/26/2022 at 3:49 PM, Subquake said:

No, I will be developing my own at some point.

Thank you for the info! What is incompatible about this and NPCMod? The first thing I noted was lockpicking but is there some core functionality that in inherently conflicting? If it's possible without a grand overhaul, I might want to try and make it work on my local copy.

Hey Subquake!

I am on day 50,  warriror lvl, incrased zombie hordes and 7th night hordes.

I am living in a blue depot building from the 1th day. I never fight any zombies in my house, and never repaired my "house". Did not used any mines or traps.

I think that is a problem. There is absolutely zero challenge in the 7th days hordes. 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:18 AM, krokots said:

It seems that you can't pick up some electrical stuff, like generators, switches, dart traps. Is there any way to pick them up, or should I use some tool for that?

Some of the generators in POI's are quest objects used to "restore power" for the night only missions.

Found another issue. Locked Gun safe is destroyed with a single timed explosive.  Also, I don't know if this is recently added, but I can't even attempt to unlock it unless my lockpicking skill is at 150.  Won't even let me try, it's at 125 right now, not sure how to get it to 150.  I have all the lockpicking perks and with lockpicks its only at 125.  That means to even get a chance at opening it I have to have level 40 action skill in lockpicking.  The rate at which you earn experience in the lockpicking action skill is WAY TOO LOW in my opinion.  With the occasional death and all the things i've lockpicked my aciton skill is currently ZERO, because the action skill gain is way too low compared to the loss from the occasional death.

Edited by FatsackTony (see edit history)

Hello Subquake, great mod! I have just started, but it feels more realistic. 

I have one question. Can I refill glass jar or plastoc bottle from open water sources like lakes, rivers, swimming pools? It seems it is not working for me and I thing this should be possible. Am I missing something? Or is it bug? Can't believe this is intended. Thx

14 minutes ago, Jandersk said:

Hello Subquake, great mod! I have just started, but it feels more realistic. 

I have one question. Can I refill glass jar or plastoc bottle from open water sources like lakes, rivers, swimming pools? It seems it is not working for me and I thing this should be possible. Am I missing something? Or is it bug? Can't believe this is intended. Thx

TLDR: You can't, that's intentional.

That was disabled for gameplay balance, otherwise it's too easy to get water and makes survival and worrying about water way too easy. If you check the ingame Journal and the description of empty jars/bottles, it will tell you the lore friendly reason why you can't do that. Later you can craft a water well or a water pump to passively generate water :)