Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

On another subject @Subquake  I am eager to start my UL playthrough as I love this mod so damn much but I wanted to wait until you had finished "tweaking", for a while at least anyway!  Don't want to miss out on any cool stuff or have to restart the playthrough for a large update or something.

Any clue as to when the best time to start is?  You always seem to be adding/changing stuff that gets me excited :D

Also last time I played UL in A19 I played it as you intended (it was great!), no additions at all yet there are a couple of mods I would really like to use, see any problems?

https://7daystodiemods.com/telrics-health-bars/ (I much prefer this way of seeing zombie health, works behind objects too - like bars, yay!)

https://7daystodiemods.com/harsher-death-respawn-penalties/ (Just stops dying being an easy way out and I don't enjoy hardcore!)

https://7daystodiemods.com/punishing-weather-core/ (makes biomes and weather matter)

https://7daystodiemods.com/reduced-zombie-hand-reaches/ (I wanted MP to feel like SP)

8 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Yeah, no worries, not sure why he couldn't access the website, I'm paying big bucks to make the site work 24/7, especially given the increased popularity and demand to UL.

Yeah that reminds me, will try and donate when I next get paid!  Hosting charges for a great uptime can be expensive, especially if like me you are not a fan of using AWS or other cloud storage (mostly privacy and moral grounds!)

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Lain said:

is there a way to see the Numbers/HP of an object that your hitting rather then jus the UI progress bar? like choping down a tree or something with very high endurance like a stone block

Yes, go to Options -> Video -> User Interface, there you can toggle all kinds of things.

6 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Yes, go to Options -> Video -> User Interface, there you can toggle all kinds of things.

ive turned every option on in there, thats why i asked but wiyth all options avail it still looks like this in the center.

2022-01-26_22h22_36.png

7 hours ago, Ancheon said:

Hey subquake,

i have a question: Is this intended, that you cant crush stone into sand anymore? For me, its very hard right now to be creative in basebuilding 😕

Yes, to encourage travel to desert, because with that recipe, there's no incentive to dig for sand at all.

2 hours ago, Lain said:

ive turned every option on in there, thats why i asked but wiyth all options avail it still looks like this in the center.

2022-01-26_22h22_36.png

image.png.c16cbc50e90eebe8b0b3d7e83e273084.png

This is the setting you are looking for :D 

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Heya Subquake, I have been doing a bunch of testing things with your mod and am making a few personal mods to compliment my playstyle using UL. Is there a console command to max out action skills I can use to test out skills when they reach 100?

11 minutes ago, Kman03 said:

Is there a console command to max out action skills I can use to test out skills when they reach 100?

Maxes them out:

buff actionSkillsMax

Resets all to 0:

buff actionSkillsReset

Adds or subtracts 10 to all:

buff actionSkills++
buff actionSkills--

Hello there.
I'm new to your mod while being a 7d-player for a long time.

I have a question - does your mod affect somehow zombie-related settings from the "core" server settings (serverconfig.xml)? I mean, if we wish to make our local server a little bit more "breathable" - we still can achieve this by tuning properties "MaxSpawnedZombies", "EnemyDifficulty", "BloodMoonRange" etc.?

55 minutes ago, asm0dai said:

Hello there.
I'm new to your mod while being a 7d-player for a long time.

I have a question - does your mod affect somehow zombie-related settings from the "core" server settings (serverconfig.xml)? I mean, if we wish to make our local server a little bit more "breathable" - we still can achieve this by tuning properties "MaxSpawnedZombies", "EnemyDifficulty", "BloodMoonRange" etc.?

Check A20 Server Configuration in:
https://ul.subquake.com/dedicated-servers
outside of that, all the other configuration is like vanilla :)

1 hour ago, MineMausCraft said:

If a new version of your mod needs to have a game restart do you wirte it in the patch  notes?

Yes, if a restart will be required, I will mention it. But I try to make sure as much as I can to make it so that updates are compatible with old saves.

3 hours ago, FreshMeat said:

Hi all! 
is there any function for the organic waste? I can’t find any utility for it!

No not yet, there will be after food rework, but atm it has no use.

2.5.46 Experimental Hotfix is out:

- Removed test attribute from 2.5.45

- Removed bad xpath in items.xml

- Changed Lockpick material to Iron

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

No not yet, there will be after food rework, but atm it has no use.

2.5.46 Experimental Hotfix is out:

- Removed test attribute from 2.5.45

- Removed bad xpath in items.xml

- Changed Lockpick material to Iron

Is it possible to download the new file, copy to existing server folder and game folder, to manually update the game? 

I started the dedicated server the day before yesterday - experimental, the newest alpha version.

4 minutes ago, Tobs said:

Is it possible to download the new file, copy to existing server folder and game folder, to manually update the game? 

I started the dedicated server the day before yesterday - experimental, the newest alpha version.

2.5.46 should be compatible with 20.1 (b6), yes copy/paste over the new files (though it depends on server hosts if they allow .dll uploads or not)

Hi all. First I want to thank the author for a very cool mod. And if you can ask a question - why, with a fully pumped skill, hacking with master keys can not open all the safes? I don't think it's fair to go through the whole task and not get a reward for it. It's demotivating. Thank you.

34 minutes ago, yura11111111 said:

Hi all. First I want to thank the author for a very cool mod. And if you can ask a question - why, with a fully pumped skill, hacking with master keys can not open all the safes? I don't think it's fair to go through the whole task and not get a reward for it. It's demotivating. Thank you.

Undead Legacy doesn't have master keys, what are you talking about?

What is unfair is to expect that you can get into a high security locked loot chest with no effort, that is - not spending any points into lockpicking perk or not leveling up lockpicking action skill high enough. Jail Breakers are now also useful, but they are intentionally made not to be a replacement for those previously mentioned things, but more of a supplement.

Here are the possible ways to increase your lockpicking tier:
- Bobby Pin +0
- Lockpick +25
- Great Heist Complete +25
- Jail Breakers +75
- Lock Picking Perk +100 (each level +25)
- Lock Picking Action Skill +100 (each level +1)
Total: 325
No Boosts Total: 250 (Without Jail Breakers)

Highest tier lock in Undead Legacy currently is the T5 Hardened chest with only 175 lock level.

If you do not like lockpicking or perhaps wish to not specialize into it, the alternative option is using Timed Charges on the T4 and T5 locked containers:

T3 Loot room chest requires 1 timed charge to be opened;

T4 Loot room chest requires 2 timed charges to be opened;

T5 Loot room chest requires 3 timed charges to be opened.

Hi,,  Just downloaded the A20 version of this mod. Can I assume this mod will work with any world I create using the world generator that is bundled with the A20 stable version of the game or are there any constraints or limitation I should be aware of; no offense meant to developer

Thanks  

27 minutes ago, newbie said:

Hi,,  Just downloaded the A20 version of this mod. Can I assume this mod will work with any world I create using the world generator that is bundled with the A20 stable version of the game or are there any constraints or limitation I should be aware of; no offense meant to developer

Thanks  

No limitations at the moment.