Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

On 1/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, doghorde said:

İts already off. İs there any command that refresh all the textures?

hey, for blurry textures try the following

hit the F1 key and in the window type "gfx st budget 0" without the quotes.  this should fix your issue

Hello Subquake,

I really love the changes you did to the Mods, but i realized, that the muffeld connectors doesnt seem to have any effect right now. I carry a Armor with 20% noise and after applying a Muffeld Connector with 2,5% Noise-Reduction its still 20% noise. Is this intended? 

Thanks for answering :)

20 minutes ago, Ancheon said:

Hello Subquake,

I really love the changes you did to the Mods, but i realized, that the muffeld connectors doesnt seem to have any effect right now. I carry a Armor with 20% noise and after applying a Muffeld Connector with 2,5% Noise-Reduction its still 20% noise. Is this intended? 

Thanks for answering :)

It's a UI bug, the stat works, just doesn't display on armor correctly, I will take a look and see how to fix it :)

Hello!

I have two questions that I can't seem to find the answer to:

1. How do you store things on a bicycle? I don't see it in the radial menu, and I don't see anything I can install (asides from the cargo extender, which doesn't seem to store anything in itself)

2. Is there a way to modify trader hours? I was looking to make it more restrictive, but the mod I tried did not seem to work, nor when I tried to modify some of the trader.xml files did the changes seem to take.

Thanks

5 hours ago, furo said:

1. How do you store things on a bicycle? I don't see it in the radial menu, and I don't see anything I can install (asides from the cargo extender, which doesn't seem to store anything in itself)

2. Is there a way to modify trader hours? I was looking to make it more restrictive, but the mod I tried did not seem to work, nor when I tried to modify some of the trader.xml files did the changes seem to take.

1. You don't, bicycle has no internal storage, but is limited by max carry capacity, which is based on your inventory weight, once it goes beyond that value, it won't be operable, that is explained in the ingame Journal where all vehicles have cargo limits, not just slot limits and all vehicles take into account the drivers and all passenger weights on top of internal storage. Cargo Extender does add to the bicycle max limit beyond what it is capable of moving in terms of weight.

2. In UL traders open at 4:05, which is just after horde night ends, reason why they are not 24/7 open is gameplay, because if they would be open 24/7, that means you could exploit them during regular and horde nights, since they are invulnerable and I didn't want to make them destructible like in some other mods, because then people would use trader POI as their base and that is not my intent with Undead Legacy, way too convenient and easy. If you accept the fact that it will make the game more exploitable and increase the cheese factor, then you can try this modlet (it's enough to have it only server side, clients don't need it if you run a server): https://ul.subquake.com/dl?v=mod_always_open_traders

26 minutes ago, Subquake said:

1. You don't, bicycle has no internal storage, but is limited by max carry capacity, which is based on your inventory weight, once it goes beyond that value, it won't be operable, that is explained in the ingame Journal where all vehicles have cargo limits, not just slot limits and all vehicles take into account the drivers and all passenger weights on top of internal storage. Cargo Extender does add to the bicycle max limit beyond what it is capable of moving in terms of weight.

2. In UL traders open at 4:05, which is just after horde night ends, reason why they are not 24/7 open is gameplay, because if they would be open 24/7, that means you could exploit them during regular and horde nights, since they are invulnerable and I didn't want to make them destructible like in some other mods, because then people would use trader POI as their base and that is not my intent with Undead Legacy, way too convenient and easy. If you accept the fact that it will make the game more exploitable and increase the cheese factor, then you can try this modlet (it's enough to have it only server side, clients don't need it if you run a server): https://ul.subquake.com/dl?v=mod_always_open_traders

Thank you for the quick reply. On 1. I see, I misunderstood the Cargo Extender mod and assumed there would be a Cargo Mod as well, but makes sense as you have explained it.

Regarding the traders, I understand your rationale and I generally agree, I have one server that I want to run with narrower trader hours, and another that has a lot of folks in different timezones that get on at different hours, so I wanted to keep the trader open for convenience sake. Appreciate the link to the modlet though!

And of course thank you for all your work.

Hey Sub,

could you code a decay system for food? This is a thing i don´t know why TFP don´t implemented yet cause it would be more immersive and the food management would be fun till the end. Many things i think of, for example canned food holds much longer than roasted meat and if you put things into a fridge it would be more durable. 

35 minutes ago, Daikan said:

Hey Sub,

could you code a decay system for food? This is a thing i don´t know why TFP don´t implemented yet cause it would be more immersive and the food management would be fun till the end. Many things i think of, for example canned food holds much longer than roasted meat and if you put things into a fridge it would be more durable. 

Yes I could, but I won't, not until there are means to preserve food, like ability to have functional fridges, functional cooler boxes where you add ice, that slowly melts and prevents food for degrading (where you would need to go to snow biome to farm ice). So not any time soon, not in A20 or A21, way, way later perhaps in a few years - maybe, no guarantee.

Hi guys, was wandering if there is a known issue where certain items (stone axe/pickaxe, starting knife and starting pistol haven't tested more than these yet) when holding them they appear as cloth/leather or they don't appear at all? sorry if I haven't given much info, I'm new to 7dtd mods so not sure where to start.

3 minutes ago, SupremeButthurt said:

Hi guys, was wandering if there is a known issue where certain items (stone axe/pickaxe, starting knife and starting pistol haven't tested more than these yet) when holding them they appear as cloth/leather or they don't appear at all? sorry if I haven't given much info, I'm new to 7dtd mods so not sure where to start.

Mod isn't correctly installed and you're missing assets, probably the console has a ton of red errors. Reinstall the mod completely: https://ul.subquake.com/download

49 minutes ago, doghorde said:

Hey guys, as you can see in my screen shot some of the textures low quality like cars,loot boxes,zombie textures, ore textures why is this happening ? in vanilla everything looks fine. help please :(

Adsız.png

That's texture settings issue with the game and it scaling textures down when not enough processing power for them, try turning off texture streaming, setting texture resolution to full, if that still doesn't work, try the console command: gfx st budget 0

Hey Subquake,

we build the Ore Extractor, but noticed that it mines far less ore in this build. We only harvestet 9 Salpeter and 21 zinc in two runs. In our opinion, this is way to less for the building costs. Is this intended, or does it maybe depends on where you build it? We placed it deep underground, about +10 Elevation, with stone under it.

Thanks for answering and huge thanks for all the work you do :)

3 hours ago, SupremeButthurt said:

I had the same problem. It seems that Modlauncher is goofing up again (no surprise). It was trying to download and install the 2 GB Undead Legacy file in about 6 seconds.

Use the link that Subquake listed above to do a manual clean install. If you want to continue from a saved game you will need to move your save file (indexed by region name) from C:\7dtd\A20\saves to C:\users \username\Appdata\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves.

If you have just started a new game I would recommend for you to start a new game from scratch as who knows what else might be messed up with your install from ModLauncher.

25 minutes ago, Ancheon said:

Hey Subquake,

we build the Ore Extractor, but noticed that it mines far less ore in this build. We only harvestet 9 Salpeter and 21 zinc in two runs. In our opinion, this is way to less for the building costs. Is this intended, or does it maybe depends on where you build it? We placed it deep underground, about +10 Elevation, with stone under it.

Thanks for answering and huge thanks for all the work you do :)

It's an infinite resource generator, that once built, doesn't require any refueling, it's meant more for the long run and lengthy playthroughs and it pays for itself once you have a lot more of them, not just one, yields are random for now, but I have other, much bigger plans for the ore and oil extractors in future updates, but until then they will work as is.

8 hours ago, Subquake said:

Mod isn't correctly installed and you're missing assets, probably the console has a ton of red errors. Reinstall the mod completely: https://ul.subquake.com/download

That's texture settings issue with the game and it scaling textures down when not enough processing power for them, try turning off texture streaming, setting texture resolution to full, if that still doesn't work, try the console command: gfx st budget 0

5 hours ago, Akrux said:

I had the same problem. It seems that Modlauncher is goofing up again (no surprise). It was trying to download and install the 2 GB Undead Legacy file in about 6 seconds.

Use the link that Subquake listed above to do a manual clean install. If you want to continue from a saved game you will need to move your save file (indexed by region name) from C:\7dtd\A20\saves to C:\users \username\Appdata\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves.

If you have just started a new game I would recommend for you to start a new game from scratch as who knows what else might be messed up with your install from ModLauncher.

Thank you both for the advice, just got back so will try it now. :) 

Timed explosive destroyed a wall safe, is this intended?  Also some (or all) urinals do not have the water source mechanic applied to them. 

I was thinking the bulletin boards and medical posters or other posters in some poi's could be turned into sources of research.

With the ability to pickup most decoration blocks in your mod, I think it would be cool to have quests to refurbish some of those items for traders.  For instance, what if there was a quest from Trader Jen to find a hospital bed or gurney, use acid and cloth or something to clean it up and refurbish it, and turn it in to Jen.  Or have to go find a flesh sample from a body bag that Jen suspects to be patient zero.

What about hazardous obstacles? Why don't body bags have an AOE hazard that can cause you infection.  Or Radiation barrels that deal radiation poisoning. Or burning charcoal that increases temperature or has a chance to ignite you/zombies. Do you plan on adding any of that sort of thing?

21 minutes ago, Slicker said:

I noticed that if you fill the auger from the canister, and then click modify, the fuel disappears if the canister is no longer in the inventory (but there is a barrel)

Depending on what fuel is actively used (Jerry Can or Barrel), you need to have either a partial one or an empty one in your inventory, otherwise you're spilling it out on the floor :D

The code for the fuel ammo is very strict, it does not think that that's the same thing, it treats them as completely different fuels.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

Depending on what fuel is actively used (Jerry Can or Barrel), you need to have either a partial one or an empty one in your inventory, otherwise you're spilling it out on the floor :D

The code for the fuel ammo is very strict, it does not think that that's the same thing, it treats them as completely different fuels.

thanks for the explanation

Hey Subquake. I've been playing your mod since I've found out about it in 19.6 thanks to Genosis/Not-A-Gamer-Gaming
I looked through and I think the maintenance station is great but I feel that maybe along with Primitive Repair kits you should add maybe scrap repair kits since you made the cost of regular repair kits so much higher in A20. Also, the Advanced repair kits no longer using Gold/Silver is there really a use for them anymore besides to sell to the traders? I looked through a lot of recipes and didn't see any that use them maybe I missed it.
Also, with the upgrade system it makes things like Valkyrie Drills really expensive if you make them yourself is there a consistent way to find Titanium?
In A19.6 the final version my friend and I struggle to find enough titanium for what we need it for even with 6 or 7 extractors and we buy it every chance we get at the traders.

Like finding it in the wasteland like Khaine has it for DF? Or maybe in the mining tools perk do you have a chance to get some Titanium when mining?

Btw, I loved the car respawn in A19.6 I don't see it as a standalone option in the A20 version.

Edited by RTG (see edit history)

2 hours ago, RogueGB said:

Great Job on the overhaul.   Is there an option to reduce the reach of the zombie attacks.  The attacks seem longer than the spear attack.  Is there a setting that could be changed.  Much appreciated on the overhaul.

I believe that is something that SQ would have to change... I know Khaine adjusted it for DF. (He mentions it in his test series on YT)

@RTG
There are plans to have at least 4 tiers of repair kits: Primitive, Regular, Advanced and Improved eventually. Main source of titanium atm is building lots of Ore Extractors and hope they yield some. More ways to get titanium are planned, but don't draw parallels with DF, because I want it to be a special and rare resource in Undead Legacy.

@RogueGB

Currently no, you can try Jax Tellers zombie reach reduction modlet for now, it should be compatible with Undead Legacy at the moment.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)