Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

16 minutes ago, Subquake said:

TLDR: You can't, that's intentional.

That was disabled for gameplay balance, otherwise it's too easy to get water and makes survival and worrying about water way too easy. If you check the ingame Journal and the description of empty jars/bottles, it will tell you the lore friendly reason why you can't do that. Later you can craft a water well or a water pump to passively generate water :)

Thx for quick answer. It makes it definitely harder. I'm barely surviving my first days. I love the difficulty and just the basic survival till another day. 

Althou, this lack of logic around water still disturbs me. E.g. make food less accessible, but not water, if there is a lake near by. 

I'm fan in to survival in real life. More-less first thing you do is to secure constant water supply. Building simple rain water collector or water purifier so you don't have to worry about such basic thing constantly. 

Just a suggestion. Big fan. Keep up the good work! Sending some Paypal support. 

7 minutes ago, Jandersk said:

Thx for quick answer. It makes it definitely harder. I'm barely surviving my first days. I love the difficulty and just the basic survival till another day. 

Althou, this lack of logic around water still disturbs me. E.g. make food less accessible, but not water, if there is a lake near by. 

I'm fan in to survival in real life. More-less first thing you do is to secure constant water supply. Building simple rain water collector or water purifier so you don't have to worry about such basic thing constantly. 

I want to add a rain catcher barrel kind of thing in UL, but I want it to mechanically also work as a rain catcher so that it would accumulate water only when it's actually raining in the game and that will take a bit more effort :D 

1 hour ago, Jandersk said:

One tip for that early game survival is to carry glass jars and plastic bottles around with you at all times and just make sure you refill them at every POI you come across.  Sinks, toilets (maybe that was patched out?), shower heads, water barrels (all types) mostly all contain at least 1 water, sometimes 3 or even 4!  Just keep one of them on your hotbar and get used to filling them up all the time, you will have a decent amount of water in no time.  Use empties on mineral water stands and coffee machines too.  I think its just left click while holding to fill them up.

Soon you will able to craft a water pump which passively generates a bit and then a well, I recall I had about 6 wells running (on top of my base lol) on my last playthrough and eventually it created a massive surplus!  Pick up some of the water barrels too so you have somewhere to store it all.

Food is pretty easy too as some recipes are unlocked at the start in UL like bacon and eggs (unlike vanilla).  

Good luck, I really love this mod and can't wait to start my A20 playthrough, I am holding off a bit to see if there are any updates coming hehe, I've not long finished my A19 playthrough :D

Hi Subquake, I find very few threads in the game, they are never sold by a trader, they cannot be manufactured. This is the only resource that introduces an imbalance, except for titanium of course)))

11 hours ago, Jandersk said:

Just melt the snow

2 hours ago, Slicker said:

Hi Subquake, I find very few threads in the game, they are never sold by a trader, they cannot be manufactured. This is the only resource that introduces an imbalance, except for titanium of course)))

Just melt the snow

I am aware of its rarity issue and in the works for a balanced solution for it :)

33 minutes ago, xQueenViperx said:

Hello, I'm needing some help getting the overhual working via Host Havoc i've copied the files needed over to server the server runs everything just fine but on game for some reason the server isnt matching the client version... any fix for this or ideas whats going on?

If it says that the server version is Unknown, then the installation of Undead Legacy to the server was unsuccessful, you have to contact their tech support, Undead Legacy mod requires a different way to run, because it relies on BepInEx, if server host doesn't have support for that, it will not work.

12 hours ago, Subquake said:

Вышла экспериментальная версия 2.5.48 , примечания к патчу:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/62793599

I want to make a suggestion - is it possible to add the consolidation of upgrade resources for the maintenance station as it is made for production?

16 hours ago, Subquake said:

Я знаю о его редкой проблеме и работаю над ее сбалансированным решением.:)

Thanks

Edited by Slicker (see edit history)

Hmmm the area around trader is actually dangerous, even at day. At night, the place is crowded with ferals. There was once I counted about 15 zeds+ at night.

Because of this, I don't dare to live in the land next to trader. Had to move a little further.

Would be cooler if Subquake decide to add stronger zombie variations like Darkness Falss. If you do that, I belive this mod can actually compete with DF. I like this mod very much.

38 minutes ago, FujiToday said:

Hmmm the area around trader is actually dangerous, even at day. At night, the place is crowded with ferals. There was once I counted about 15 zeds+ at night.

Because of this, I don't dare to live in the land next to trader. Had to move a little further.

Would be cooler if Subquake decide to add stronger zombie variations like Darkness Falss. If you do that, I belive this mod can actually compete with DF. I like this mod very much.

I too would like more zombie variation, something that makes the mid to late game a bit more challenging when you have enough guns and ammo :D  Mind you I have not tried A20 yet with UL, only did a few hundred hours in A19.   I did read there had been some work done on the wandering horde and horde night scaling to gamestage so that's cool (beyond what vanilla does), but having the zombies in POIs/wandering around scale to my gamestage would be pretty sweet (if its not like that already! as I said I have not played yet hehe).

Kinda holding out for the nutrition update, that's gonna be hella interesting and possibly quite the challenge!  Though I do feel the early game is challenging enough and the mid-late game needs some TLC to give things some staying power (the roadmap obviously has some super cool endgame stuff on yet which I simply cannot wait for!).

Thanks for all your hard work @Subquake I do appreciate it and I know I annoy a lot of threads in this forum by comparing their stuff to UL hahaha (sorry, but its THAT good and polished!!) 🥰

4 minutes ago, Slicker said:

@Subquake The skill lifting weights when reaching level 60 raised the portable weight by only 1, although in the description +20

It increases it with every level, milestones just are an indicator of what the bonus would be at that level.

That's how all Action Skills work with exception of some milestone bonuses, that are binary.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Subquake said:

Он увеличивает его с каждым уровнем, вехи просто являются индикатором того, каким будет бонус на этом уровне.

Так работают все навыки действия, за исключением некоторых бонусов за этапы, которые являются бинарными.

I got it, thanks

1 hour ago, KinaUndead said:

Excuse me, just wondering if filling from water sources such as rivers or lakes and stuff supposed to not be accessible? Is fine if meant to be that way and a have to find a more viable source to get it. But just making sure it's not a bug!

In description of the UL there is a good reason why we cannot use a water from open sources. Through development of researching you can obtain the well and AFAIK the water pump.

3 hours ago, InsKill said:

In description of the UL there is a good reason why we cannot use a water from open sources. Through development of researching you can obtain the well and AFAIK the water pump.

Fill from taps, all types of sinks, shower heads, toilets.  Just need an empty bottle in-hand :)

1 hour ago, Elgades said:

hello! Can you help me with auto miner? How to open ore collector? On present video its simple - just walk up and press E. But I just see the name of the building (I have it in another localization) without "press E to open"

Its 2.5.49 version of mod.

Thank you!

You have to wait until it is done extracting. When it stops moving you can open it and remove the ore. Then it will start again.

Guys I need some help.

I am having issue connecting to a server.

95% of the time I am stuck at the loading screen with the last line that read:

INF Received config file 'item' from server. Len: 129571

It is the same server that I've successfully connected to and played on for say 10 in game days. So I am abit confessed what may have been the cause of the issue.

I hope someone can help me.

I am using the mod launcher to play the latest stable undead legacy. Initially I got into the game but when openings my bug bag I was given a gun and knife, however when switching to them I would get errors and couldn't use them.

Following this I decided to restart my computer and now am stuck at a loading screen with these errors pictured. If anyone can give me any insight I'd appreciate.

Also I would like to update my server to undead legacy as with GTX.gaming there is an option to add the latest stable. However I wanted to test the build on the mod launcher first and quite glad I did first. Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Screenshot (4).png

On 2/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, pueppiblue said:

I had the same problem, the mod launcher is not downloading the "Subquake_Items.ulm" via git correctly.
You could try to check the "Direct Download" option in the mod launcher.

Or you could download the file manually from the repository: Subquake_Items.ulm and copy it into the correct folder (Undead_Legacy\Undead_Legacy_Stable\Mods\UndeadLegacy_Content01\Resources).
You should uncheck "Refresh Mods Automatically" option in the launcher or else the file will get overwritten again with the empty version.

I'd guess ModLauncher does not checkout files from the Git Large File Storage when pulling files from the repo.

I have tried this and still get the same errors.