Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

14 minutes ago, MineMausCraft said:

Hi, I'm getting kicked out of the trader and i don't know why, it's day, am I missing something or is it a bug?

if you had a save prior to 2.5.21 and updated, then yes, that's an issue. 2.5.21 changed traders and that was one of the rare occasions that broke old saves, making traders not useable from worlds generated prior to 2.5.21

18 minutes ago, Obkurka said:

Обгоревшая обшивка 07 в POI для ремонта требует доски из оригинальной игры 

Need screenshot with Undead Legacy Developer mode on (ESC menu, bottom toggle above version number) with the block in question centered in the cursor.

10 minutes ago, Daikan said:

Hey Sub,

i found out that a boneclub needs a repair kit instead of a primitive one, just a balance note from me :)

Undead Legacy for A20 introduced a brand new type of workstation for repairing and upgrading items called Maintenance Station, there you repair things much cheaper :)

48 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Undead Legacy for A20 introduced a brand new type of workstation for repairing and upgrading items called Maintenance Station, there you repair things much cheaper :)

I know, but the other primitive Stuff you can craft at the beginning only needs a primitive repair kit and at the beginning regular repair kits are rare, so i think its a bit off if you need it to repair a boneclub. I like the new repair system with the maintenance station, just in this case i think its a bit unbalanced.

23 minutes ago, Daikan said:

I know, but the other primitive Stuff you can craft at the beginning only needs a primitive repair kit and at the beginning regular repair kits are rare, so i think its a bit off if you need it to repair a boneclub. I like the new repair system with the maintenance station, just in this case i think its a bit unbalanced.

I'll think about it :)

On 1/17/2022 at 2:09 PM, Subquake said:

Have you considered making armor/weapons/tools etc completely disappear if the player lets the durability get to zero?

No, no plans for that, I do want to add a Diablo 2 like HUD overlay indicating that one of your armor pieces is about to break or is broken.

Fair enough.  Would it be possible to add a debuff to the player that appears in the hud when an armor piece is getting low?  For tools/weapons they can see it in the toolbar as they're using it.

Also, speaking of diablo, is it possible with how equipment is done currently to add diablo-esque RNG stats to gear?  I honestly think the game should have more diablo-esque loot drops by default for gear, as you end up just getting your one piece or weapon that is the best and you never lose it, and thus all other equipment loot you get for that slot is just vendor trash or scrap fodder.  Seems like a waste. I wish they had designed it with an infinite difficulty scale and infinite equipment improvement the longer into the game you get.

7 minutes ago, botanic said:
In the modification, it is possible to take tables, boxes, trash cans, etc. Can anyone tell me what it's called separately?

Undead Legacy is not a mod pack, it's a singular mod where everything you see in the mod is specifically coded and made for Undead Legacy.

Also do not try to take any of Undead Legacy parts and reuse in your own projects, because redistribution of Undead Legacy files is not allowed as per Terms of Use of Undead Legacy and TFP Official Modding Policy:

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

2022.01.20 - 2.5.43 Experimental Update is out:
- Updated Trader Joel POI
- Updated drinkJarGrandpasForgettingElixir localization
- Changed Speedometer Vehicle Stats to display high numbers in shortened form
- Changed Elliania's Locket can now be upgraded
- Removed Wood Shapes recipe (Confusing with Frame Shapes)
- Reduced Mining Dump Truck Fuel Tank to 800
- Reduced DH Helicopter Fuel Tank to 800
- Fixed missing IndexName property for chandelierLight
- Fixed missing ModSettings.ini file message showing as error
- Fixed burntWoodRamp7 requiring vanilla wood for upgrades
- Fixed rounding error on percentage based item stats
- Fixed window closing abruptly when refueling vehicles from stats screen
- Fixed Elliania's Locket stats ignoring quality and being completely random

38 minutes ago, Beg said:

Thank you for your hard work. And I wonder know hao can I take the small engine?I've dismantled many cars

Cars can have a chance to give you only a car engine, to get compact engines you need to wrench one of these:

repairable minibike, table saw, cement mixer,

A few friends and myself have been having some troubles ever since A20. Apparently, for most of us, the game seems to freeze while opening storages while looting or when we open the option wheel upon an item (Holding E). And even worse, a friend of mine is often kicked out of the server as if he had gone Link Dead or similar. But since many changes have happened during this short time it's difficult to pinpoint the problem. Do you know if it's something related to the new 7days Alpha? Is it because of UL? Or could it be the new mod launcher causing problems?

I've been trying to find a solution, but most of them don't seem to work and, like I said, it only started happening ever since the latest alpha. Any ideas, anyone, please?

Edited by Groobab (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Groobab said:

A few friends and myself have been having some troubles ever since A20. Apparently, for most of us, the game seems to freeze while opening storages while looting or when we open the option wheel upon an item (Holding E). And even worse, a friend of mine is often kicked out of the server as if he had gone Link Dead or similar. But since many changes have happened during this short time it's difficult to pinpoint the problem. Do you know if it's something related to the new 7days Alpha? Is it because of UL? Or could it be the new mod launcher causing problems?

I've been trying to find a solution, but most of them don't seem to work and, like I said, it only started happening ever since the latest alpha. Any ideas, anyone, please?

It's related to A20, the game triggers occasional garbage collection and essentially executes a memcl whenever opening an inventory or interacting with anything. Not a fan of this choice of optimization implementation if you even can call it that. I will be working on a solution to potentially disable that garbage collection, which would help for those people who have decent systems and enough spare system memory to do so.

Greeting @Subquake!

First I would just like to tell you how much I love your overhaul! I eagerly await its release with each new alpha. From the QoL improvements, to the detailed crafting system, this overhaul is in many ways what I feel 7DtD could have been. The features and improvements that are a huge draw for me are too many to list here, suffice it to say about the time I get tired of modding vanilla to suit my tastes, I always come running back to this tried and true favorite.

That being said, I have two questions :

1. Do you have plans to change the tool/weapons section of the research process? As it currently stands I can see no reason why anyone would EVER research a tool or weapon. This is due to the research recipe. All of which require the complete tool/weapon in order to research. If I already have the tool/weapon, why would I destroy it for research just to have expend more materials to make a new one? Perhaps revising these to use the tool/weapon from the previous tier plus materials from the tier you are researching, on top of the existing resource costs would help. Just a suggestion/concern. I feel like the current recipes don't do justice to the rich and detailed system you have created.

2. Is the inability to gather water from natural water sources a by product of your water gathering system? Or am I just overlooking something? I will admit the second option is a possibility, there is so much to relearn with this overhaul sometimes I overlook things.

Edited by Reckis
corrections (see edit history)

@Reckis

1) You are not wrong, but also I'm not just thinking about single player people when it comes to balancing. The introduction of Maintenance Station in future will allow me to fundamentally change item progression and crafting and what it could evolve into. I have big plans to expand research system and make it feel even more integrated into gameplay and there will be more ways to obtain research data, not just by scrapping schematics.

2) Inability to gather water from water blocks fixes an infinite water gathering exploit; makes water more scarce and survival more interesting, otherwise might as well just remove water stat completely from the game if you can just go to any river, lake or pool and fill up 100 jars with water with just one mouse click; it increases the value and importance to gather water from various water containers (otherwise you wouldn't bother to do that if there's a conveniently placed lake near your base); in the future water will be actually dangerous and irradiated and will deal you radiation damage and deplete your maximum health the longer you swim in it, kind of like in fallout.

@Xamllew That's a mod launcher issue, it didn't properly download all the mod files, you have a few options:

1) contact sphereii and ask for help (maker of mod launcher), his discord: https://discord.com/invite/H6k6gDrgNW

2) try ticking checkbox for Experimental Features and then pre-sync;

3) download the mod from website and install manually;

4) install new 3.X mod launcher and try that: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/archive/refs/heads/main.zip