Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

@Subquake Maybe this has been answered before, too many posts to comb through.

I have your mod installed on a gPortal server, which I have to update manually.

Once it is installed, when you issue an update do I just need to copy over the Mods folder to update the server? Or should I be copying over the other files that come packaged as well?  

The last 2 times I have tried to install/update I have jacked the server and spent way too many hours trying to fix it..

PakrNinja

just wanted to say damn this mod is awesome! really brings back the grind, pain and fight for survival, any plans to add stronger zombies to the mod to give the end game a push for challenge? or are any enemy modlets compatible? i get errors with ones i tried

only reason why i even play lets say "other mods" also is so the blood moons give a fight i would so prefer just to have harder beefier zombies in this mod,

im not keen on the radiated and special zombies just want beefy guys hard to put down, maybe use the old biker model i miss that dude, or demo without the boom, that guy without the demo is a beefcake and rips through traps ect bigger birds could be cool to

but yeah mostly wanted to express my love for this mod good job

Edited by Drakarious (see edit history)

More and stronger enemies are planned, including world bosses as well as storyline based bosses to give a more insight as to why the whole sci-fi aspect of the mod, but I can't get into specifics as to when that will happen, since now I'm still focusing on fleshing out the core features of the mod. For example, loot overhaul as well as a nutrition overhaul is still much needed things I want to do before even starting to think about what kind of monstrosities I want to add in the mod.

Everything you see in the mod is very much work in progress and anything can be subject to change based on people feedback on what's good, what works and what doesn't and is bad.

2021.02.15 - 2.2.83 Stable is out!
- Changed car and truck repair kit recipes to not need an additional spark plug
- Salvage tool research now affects crafted battery quality
- Higher quality car engine and battery crafting requires more resources
- Most melee items will have better stamina performance with higher tiers
- Increased power attack stamina cost for most melee items to balance out gained damage
- Fixed Sexual Tyrannosaurus not being triggered by most rebalanced melee items

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

I need some help. New to undead legacy, but veteran vanilla player. Getting to level 6 was difficult and mostly fun. Now at 6 and 7, with toned down settings from vanilla, one person can log into the game and 31 zombies spawn around them INSTANTLY. Maxspawnzombies is 40. This of course means the next person who logs in somewhere else gets a max of 9 around them, and everyone else logging in afterwards gets zero if they aren't near the others. This isn't how vanilla worked at all. Max spawned zombies was 40, but they didn't all spawn within 100 meters of the person as soon as they logged in.

So I changed maxspawnzombies to 10, reboot the server, have the person log in again, and allocs maps shows 31 zombies instantly again. Is there a way to change this?

I had been away from the game, the forums and mods for a while, was just getting a little bit burnt out. When I decided the other day to play a little bit, I fired up the ModLauncher, and what did I see? My favorite mod of all time was finally updated to A19!

To say the least I was tickled pink, and then I actually started playing . . .

And I just have to say : "WOW!"

That doesn't really do it justice, this mod is incredible! I am totally blown away! 

Sub, if you aren't already, you should be doing this for a living.

Hello, 

Thanks for interesting mod, I tried it few days ago and was so intrigued. First few levels was hard, but later is getting easier a bit. Reached 17th lvl and I my thoughts about mod was very good. But then accidently I picked card box in my inventory, that was surprise, so I started to experiment what else i can pick up. Very lot of items can be picked by holding E, so I brought home few working lamps. Next day I found some weird textures next to trash boxes ( small cubes, like 1/4 normal block), another bug was door opening was filled with some texture, which couldn't be interacted but still can go through it. I suppose I broke the game with those actions, and I still don't know is it implemented that you can pick up almost any items? I wanted to try again new game, but then I thought that its not interesting anymore if you can pick almost any item. So I will wait for future updates. 

I tried 19.3 b6 stable version.

Undead Legacy Roadmap released: https://ul.subquake.com/wiki/Roadmap

2021.02.18 - 2.2.84 Stable update is ready:
- Updated Red Mesa POI
- Fixed sniper rifles being inaccurate (wide open reticle) while aiming
- Fixed unlocked Door in Red Mesa where it should be locked
- Fixed overlapping invisible UI elements in Perk Info screen over the toolbelt (SMiThaYe)
- Fixed toolbelt not showing after disabling auto hide if it's hidden already
- Fixed typo in perkAnimalTracker Localization
- Possible fix for rare occurrence of disappearing ore and oil extractors
- Possible fix for double looting with multiple people picking the same lock in multiplayer

@zebras That's a vanilla bug you seeing weird textures, blocks, cubes etc. It's the game rendering distant terrain mock up blocks in close up. We can only hope TFP will resolve that issue in A20. As for things you can pick up, there's still quite a few missing, but yes, that's the latest addition to the mod. People requested being able to pick up containers for quite some time, because in Undead Legacy even crafting a chest or named storage crate is difficult and moving base location felt painful, being forced to leave storage behind, but I expanded the system a step further and made more blocks and things to use that system, which in my eyes makes a lot more sense. In a survival and scavenging game you most likely would scavenge containers instead of smashing them to bits, then using those components to make the said container, it would be more likely that you would instead pick them up and move them to your base. To balance it out, I will be increasing weight of container blocks, so that you can't carry around hundreds of refrigerators as an example.

Hi everyone. I just start 7dtd with this mod. I like it, but seeing some let's play, players got the small cardboard recipe and i don't have it. With cardboard i just can make present box adding with paper and that's all. 

I made a mistake during the install ? Or maybe it's remove from the new version ?

Bye

13 hours ago, Xanthar said:

Hi everyone. I just start 7dtd with this mod. I like it, but seeing some let's play, players got the small cardboard recipe and i don't have it. With cardboard i just can make present box adding with paper and that's all. 

I made a mistake during the install ? Or maybe it's remove from the new version ?

Bye

Cardboard box crafting was indeed removed, however those who followed along on the mod updates and took their time to read patch notes (https://www.patreon.com/posts/47406586), then you should know that:
Some blocks can be picked up using new pickup system: Munitions Box, Wall candles, Shooting range targets, Pew segments, Coffins, TVs, Gun and Equipment racks, Wall clocks, Radiators, Bird Bath Planter, Mannequins, Clothes Racks, Shelves, Stools, Speaker, Book Shelves and Piles, Posters, Bathroom Signs, Cold Beer Sign, Beverage Cooler, Potted Plants, Trash Cans, Trash Bags, Purses, Bags, Fridges, Microwaves, Square and Round Hay Bales, Mineral Water, Coffee and Soda containers  and more!

Now instead of smacking cardboard boxes to retrieve cardboard, you can actually pick up all the cardboard pallets you can find in the world through the radial menu while holding [E] when hovering over an object, that has this feature.

Hi - sorry if I'm missing something obvious but I don't see anything in release notes.  It seems like the Small Cardboard Box recipe has disappeared.  I can't get a result typing it in search and showing recipes for cardboard doesn't show the recipe.  I have some that I built on my days-old save so it seems like something changed only recently or I just forgot something I need to do.  What am I missing?

Thanks

nm- was the wrong time of day to look up two posts.

Edited by frinetik (see edit history)