Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

4 hours ago, ItsWargasim said:

Hello, I am trying to install this mod on my server, and I was wondering what would be the best world seed and game name for this mod? I am sorry if you answered this already

I would suggest checking out Nitrogen, a map generator tool for 7 Days to Die, generate the map locally, then uploading it to your server and selecting it as a map :)

Here's a video explaining what all the customization settings do in Nitrogen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZz481wLaj0

hey Subquake! 

happy to see you adding new content, but I'd like to ask if you planning any big balance patches before A20? I mean, are you satisfied with current balance in UL or its just not a priority rn? thanks!

3 hours ago, Caites said:

hey Subquake! 

happy to see you adding new content, but I'd like to ask if you planning any big balance patches before A20? I mean, are you satisfied with current balance in UL or its just not a priority rn? thanks!

Yes, lots of big balance changes are planned and are currently in testing in the experimental branch!

unknown.png

Including ability to lock any slots and having the game remember what slots you locked after reload/rejoining!

Ability to lock player inventory slots was among the highest requested features and will be finally a thing! For those who are on stable version, be patient, once enough testing is done, it will roll out to stable branch at some point :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hi Subquake!

First of all, I want to thank you for this awesome Mod. A couple of friends and I are playing it for almost two months and I am quite sure that we will continue to play it straight to A20. We have a lot of fun, but with the time spent, some things came up worth mentioning. So here we go: 

We really like pretty much everything, but research gives us some trouble. As I mentioned before, we play coop the entire time so research is important to get to the good stuff. We like the idea, that you can take a sample and with research points and paper you can create the blueprint. But it seems, this not possible to do with every craft able item. It would be nice if that would change, cause it would help a lot groups of players playing togheter. 

Another point is the option to upgrade the quality of things you craft. In general a good idea, but way to expensive. Maybe it is just our game, but we don't find enough blueprints to scrap and get the amount of research points necessary to get the upgrade from the lowest tier, to the highest. Is it just bad luck, or do we miss something here? We suggest that either the drop rate of blueprints should be much higher, or the amount of research points for scraping blueprints should be increased. We are on day 70 and so far we found one Library, one small and one big bookstore, and that's it. And even there weren't a lot of blueprints... 

And that's it. Those point are the only things we're not entirely happy with. All the other things you've done in this mode are great and gave us so much fun for the last week's and we're really looking forward to explore the rest of the possibilities of your mod. Thank you very much!  Okay, there are also thre minor things, most probably some mistakes we've done in our settings, but maybe you know the answer to those.

First thing is, we don't get a lot of steel, so far we got it by scrap steel only. Is there another way to get our hands on steel? Did we miss something here? Second thing is, that we can't move chests, turrets, or benches. As far as we know, you could do this in vanilla. Is there a trick to do it in your mod? The third thing might be related to the second one: The land claim block seems to be broken. We can build and place them, but by doings so they instantly crack and are rendered inactive. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Edited by Krushvor
Readability (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Krushvor said:

We can build and place them, but by doings so they instantly crack and are rendered inactive. Do you have any idea why this happens?

There's a server setting that defines how many land claim blocks a person can have, if it's set to 0, that could be the case for it to instantly break. Try setting it to something other than 1, I personally like to run with 5 per player, you can set it to whatever number you like. That feature is just like in vanilla and once you have a land claim block placed and active, the person owning the land claim block can pickup workstations within the area of the claim :)

A suggestion: for an experience more immersive in the apocalypse world where we are in this world with zombies and... traders... no other people... (really? strange, no? 😯 ) Why not integrate an OPTION where we could choose a game with "NO traders"? Only us and the zombies... ^^

(I saw many people who play/want to play like that, maybe this could be a way to make them come to UL, if the option was integrate in the mod? 😇 )

Edited by dani2mars (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, dani2mars said:

A suggestion: for an experience more immersive in the apocalypse world where we are in this world with zombies and... traders... no other people... (really? strange, no? 😯 ) Why not integrate an OPTION where we could choose a game with "NO traders"? Only us and the zombies... ^^

(I saw many people who play/want to play like that, maybe this could be a way to make them come to UL, if the option was integrate in the mod? 😇 )

I'm sorry, but that won't be a thing in UL, because I have big plans for trader POIs (later having them more NPCs), and there's quite a few items in the game, that can only be obtained through traders, playing without traders will only limit your experience with UL.