Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

I got a problem with the new version. Every time I try to start a new game, it takes a lot of time. In the previous version I had to wait more than 30 minutes till I was able to play, with the newest version I stopped after more than two hours of waiting.

Right now I try it again, but so far (after almost 90 Minutes waiting) nothing happens. It seems that something happens at the point, when the citys are created. Any idea how to solve this problem?

19 hours ago, doghorde said:

how the ore extractor is works ? i palaced it but cant intract with it

When it's finished harvesting, it will stop, then you can loot it :)

18 hours ago, Krushvor said:

I got a problem with the new version. Every time I try to start a new game, it takes a lot of time. In the previous version I had to wait more than 30 minutes till I was able to play, with the newest version I stopped after more than two hours of waiting.

Right now I try it again, but so far (after almost 90 Minutes waiting) nothing happens. It seems that something happens at the point, when the citys are created. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Try installing copy of the mod onto an SSD, that might help. Generating new maps was never fast with random gen, I'd suggest looking up Nitrogen for that :)

Hi Subquake,

I was trying to migrate a hosted server with the version 2.2.41 to version 2.2.62 everything worked well, the users had the stuff they had before, the cars and so were fine to but the gamestage was reseted, also any other progress (perks,skills,collectibles) was set to 0. Did you have any idea what could that caused or how I could fix that. If you need any futher information just ask me ^^

10 hours ago, Unrejected said:

One more question, for example what does it mean in crafting by Tier 2? and how do i obtain it? Like i want to make a wooden storage chest, i have all the mats but it says tier 2 is required? im fkn confused.

Crafting table tier 2? (carpenters table T2 in this case)

You have all the necessary info in item description.

image.thumb.png.a5ce259cbeb2b43780678da58cdcbe18.png

11 hours ago, Unrejected said:

One more question, for example what does it mean in crafting by Tier 2? and how do i obtain it? Like i want to make a wooden storage chest, i have all the mats but it says tier 2 is required? im fkn confused.

That's how the crafting system works. In order to craft most items you need workstations; the workstations have different "levels" (tiers), and the higher the lvl of the workstation, the better items you can craft.

Try creative mode and explore the items that are available and how to craft them if you want to know more before starting a game.

I have a question too. In the tooltips of the meds it says that I can apply bandages and kits to other players by using m2, but it does nothing when I do (it actually consumes my bandages and no one get healed). I have been reading a little bit and some say it was a known bug in the "vanilla" version, but it was fixed in Alpha18. I have no idea since I started playing like a week ago and I have been playing mostly this mod.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Edited by Retens (see edit history)

@Retens those things are hard to debug, since most of my testing is done on single player, most people who would be willing to help me out usually are quite busy and hard to synchronize our times to get on the server and test the things together, but I'll try to check if they work or not when the possibility arises :)

I have been playing this mod for a few days now and I am really interested in getting into the progression of it.  I like the new items added, I like the research system (although I do believe the research data required for each item should be modified based on it's rarity or something), but I am struggling with the difficulty.  I play 7DTD like a hardcore game, if my character dies, I reset the game (unless it's to an obvious glitch).

Now with vanilla 7DTD, by the first horde night I can set up a little horde base outside of my main base, upgrade it from wood to cobblestone and survive the night with few issues.  In UL I have only made it to day 7 once in 4-5 games, and I got my ass handed to me, big time.  With the lack of ways to obtain research data locking me out from making cobblestone blocks I had to rely on a premade building and I got swarmed after they bashed through a couple of the concrete walls.  I had a baseball bat, some padded armour and a few points in strength but it just wasn't enough to overcome the horde and I died before midnight (I play on the longest game settings).  All other games I died at night because each night is basically a horde night in this mod with dozens of zeds spawning every night including spiders, wolves and bears (and MANY ferals).

So is there any way to tone down the amount of zeds that spawn at night?  In my last game I didn't even have any armour and was using stone tools and weapons and the first night I had 6 spiders, 2 feral spiders, normal zeds, feral zeds and a few zombie dogs in the space of about 2-3 in game hours.  I'm surprised I lasted that long to be honest, but the last feral spider got me as I just had nothing left, no repair kits, no healing items and no food.

I really want to enjoy this mod, but without the ability to even make it through the first night it is ruining my experience.  I have yet to try the game with a lower difficulty, but I don't want it too easy during the days as it's boring then.  Any ideas?

@Subquake Got a few questions I've seen while translating the mod into spanish.

1º I have seen a lot of objects that are not ingame. These are future features, right? (Such as the dildo *cough cough*)

2º Also with a lot of skills. 

3º There are some typos such as the one I mentioned before, would you like me to address them thru the bug report? Discord? Etc?

4º Great job with the bloddy mod, so much ours into it. I'm translating for my m8's and once done and made sure it's good to go. Would you like me to send it to you? Got around 60% done right now :D.

Thanks beforehand

Edited by GuiriGuy (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Subquake said:

@Retens those things are hard to debug, since most of my testing is done on single player, most people who would be willing to help me out usually are quite busy and hard to synchronize our times to get on the server and test the things together, but I'll try to check if they work or not when the possibility arises :)

Well, I don't know what you need, but If it's just trying things out ingame, I could help; I have a lot of free time until the 1st of February.

I'm from Spain tho, and my english it's pretty basic. I'm also using a 4g internet conection and, with the pandemic, the network is usually pretty busy and slow; if I'm required to download things it may take a little bit more than "usual".

But yeh, if you need some basic help, I probably can do that.

4 hours ago, mikey33rs said:

Where can I find compact engine? Only place where I did found one is dismantling cement mixer. Any other place or tool needed to get one?

Thank you in advance

also those table saws you sometimes see in some POIs along with cement mixers having a chance, other than that loot or trade

Hi Subquake, 

with the new version we startet a new game and stumbled upon something. At least during the first two weeks, you need a lot of rope. Is it possible to add a scythe, or sickle to gather plant fiber much fast? Running around and punching plants takes a lot of time...

2 hours ago, Bat0206 said:

Hello, how i do the Sulfur powder? I dont see it in the chemistry station for doing with eggs or rottings flesch.

Than you !

If you mine Nitrate ore blocks, you'll also get Sulfur, that you can make into powder into the Mortar and Pestle :)