Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Can you give me advices, to what to sell to the trader, without regrets...things that, in UL, we will not have to really use (now or after)? (if the question is not too stupid because maybe things are different for each other about his particulary playstyle? i understand, for example, that books to ameliorate melee not worth for someone who plays range, etc... 😜 )  

It's hard to suggest what to sell or keep, depends on your needs and game stage. You have to decide yourself what's important to you. As for what items are important and not - also subjective, there are a handful of items currently without use, but there most likely will be more uses for a lot of the items in the mod, I just haven't gotten to that stage yet.

2nd time playing the mod, glad to see some changes like the charcoal powder and stuff.

Even the miner truck, it changed the mining thing due to the weight.

One question: is it possible to have fetch missions level 4 and 5? because since tier 4 (inclusive) i only get clear or fetch/clear, and 1h for a big poi is too much. I get the balance, but at least tier 4 fetch should be possible, right?

On suggestion for review, the mining wheight: 20k stone until 375 (my limit) but 5k iron. Sure, iron wheights more, fine, but the way its done, its like 70 fuel to get 5k iron, and im overweight... thats like 10s of mining. Can you do a brainstorm to fine tune this? Mining is a bit weird, with all the tiers in iron, i need to mine like 100k to get 10k iron ingots, which tranlates to 1k steel plates. Its crazy. On the other hand, you mine in just one "go" enough lead for all the bullets you need... you could do the mining car smaller? its a 3x3 vehicle, its a pain to navigate...

And for me the mining extractor, just gives crap (sulfur, copper and iron ores) and it cost your fingers to craft.

Looting seems balanced, im level ~60 at day 57 have all the tools at level S+ (learned the S+ tier), just found my first mini gun.

Vehicles are genious, i use the police SUV (1700kg) to do missions, the military truck (crafting the repair is a pain, big problem finding an engine :) ) i use to transfer mining resources (and a mix of CM and H key to fly to the boxes, because dude, 20k iron is like 4 trips by foot, not good).

But again, there is some overkill in the mod, im level 60, died 2 times (one at the start and one at level 15 i think), but from the moment i get the stats at the middle point, like crossbow and bats at skill level 30 or something, its not hard and like... the hordes are lame, really lame (set at 24, insane level, i got cops at day 21 and 28 but since then i dont see a cop or something). Like last time, i dont even get to a high level and im already bored.

Think of something like the data cards, due to your system today im still going to search for crack a books to get cards and use data developing something.

Hordes are really lame, 2 rows of iron hatches combined with a few rows of electric fences (activated at my will) and i get to melee all night without any big issues.

Love the mod, keep up the good work.

Hey Subquake, thank you for your hard work, you created amazing mod, I've spent ~300 hours on this playthrough and every one of them was fun. 

Its very well balanced, but couple of things still require some love, so I'd like to leave kind of short feedback too.

I've been playing on Nav, difficulty - survivalist, no loot/block respawn, hordes every 7 + 4 random days. Started with 100% loot, changed it to 75% pretty soon tho and I'm sure last gives way better experience with lower chance to skip some tiers/qualities of weapon/tools/armor or ruin economy by finding way too many high-value items. I'm on day 91, lvl 57, tier 5 cleared multiple times, not much content left, hordes trivial at this point, guess I'm done with this playthrough. So about stuff that imho could be improved:

1) traders lists - u did great when lowered chance to find gas cans there (and especially barrels), but traders range of products still bit too generous. I was able to buy ~60% of collectibles from them, ~80% of gas, ~99% of titanium. this is a critical issue, as I'm seeing it, all of those are vital resources that should be gained through exploring/fighting, not by simple transaction. its not even about prices, its about devaluation of core gameplay. I'd rather move more titanium to high-tier loot and leave only scrap/rebars in trader lists, but not ingots and plates (or significantly lower max amounts available). considering books - mb makes sense to leave only one book available at time from one trader if that's technically possible.

2) gas recipe - I understand that 2000 research point is no joke early, but once u did the research, gas gets extremely cheap resource. that kills good chunk of low-tier fuel-efficient vehicles and totally devalue small amount of gas that can be found in a loot. I mean 20 shales + 1 coal for a full can is like 5 min of player's time, it shouldn't be like that on any stage of the game if I understand your approach toward gas rarity. Mb worth adding rare resource to recipe, like acid or mb even beaker, and increase crafting time significantly (mb couple of hours per can). simply increasing share/coal amount in recipe wont help, it will only encourage grind.

3) research costs - I mostly agree with your values, but armor/weapon/tools qualities still need cost reduction, after 300 hours I got only 2 of them since most can be found before significant amount of research point gets available. I don't mind S being expensive (getting it via research table should be a last resort), but at least lower tiers should be cheaper because of its availability and low slot amounts. pls consider smth like 100 for D (1 slot), 250 for C/400 for B (2 slots), 1000 for A (3 slots), 1500-2000 for S (4 slots).

4) vehicles -  I rly like how u made every type of them useful at some point on for specific task. some still require stats tuning tho: bicycle/minibike pair - last suppose to be an upgrade to former but that doesn't feel like that, for a modest amount of stamina bicycle gives same turbo speed without gas usage and annoying noises. and cargo difference not that big with cargo bags installed (450 vs 600). old coupe due to its fuel efficiency and speed feels like an absolute winner for a trader/short loot runs among sedans (mb worth nerf it or slightly upgrade other sedans). and repairable 4x4 truck way too common in a wild to invest in its craft.

5) extractors - bit too inefficient for its build cost, could use slight buff. and ehm, noices from oil extractor - I'm sure its squeaks drive crazy a lot of ppl, not only me. I know you are jesting about building them away from main base, but seriously, could u make them less noisy please?

6) skill growth multipliers -  I've been using extensively:

Sniper Rifles - got only 12, too slow growth (mb related to natural slow fire rate of hunting/sniper rifles)

Bows/Crossbows - 49 - okish, but considering usage of it all the time in sneaking it could growth slightly faster

Spears - 55, ok

Lockpicking - 39, opened all found safes during 300 hours, guess it could grow faster

Looting - 61, ok

Animal Harvesting - 12, killed and gutted every found animal, way too slow

Clubs - 18, way too slow

Woodcutting Tools, 64 - fine

Diggin Tools - 49, fine

Mining Tools - 45, could be faster (I depleted 3 full veins, one iron vein gave me 80k of scrap iron, its 4 in-game days of mining)

Shotguns - 24, could be slightly faster (my fortitude is low tho), same issue as with rifles

Heat/Cold reses - 12/5, found/crafted proper dresses early, so it basically stopped in growth from certain point, mb make it grow all the time when player in relative biome?

Handguns - 29, could be faster (have high Agility)

Athletics - 59, fine

Sneaking - 58, fine

Assassin - 36, could be slightly faster, I've been one-shooting most zeds in Tier V missions with crossbow from sneaking, its like 1/5 of my 4k kills

Turrets - 4, extremely slow, have high Int and been using multiple robots during all horde nights

Trading/Missions - 18, very slow despite running all available missions on 3 days trader timer and selling bigger part of valuable stuff

Salvage tools - 93, could be slightly slower

common suggestions about skills - as you know from FO series exponential bonuses growth is way more appealing for a player, so instead of let say Assassin's plain bonuses 20/40/60/80/100 would be way better to grant 15/35/55/70/100 with adding small balanced perks on level 3 and 5 (smth like 1/3% chance of instant kill). its just an example, I'm sure you know about this approach.

7) map icons - I used to mark repairable vehicle early and found no proper icons. could you add a couple? mb for sedans, bikes and trucks?

ok, I'm half way about suggestions, but its already too long to read without loosing attention, guess its better to stop. excuse me if some of them sound rude or intrusive in any way, you did a very well balanced mod overall.

hope some of those come in handy. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Edited by Caites (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Caites said:

1) traders lists

Yes, for now it's more or less vanilla - loot overhaul incoming.

3) research costs

Almost same answer as above - loot overhaul incoming, and all of that will make sense. AFAIK quality will be tied to gamestage. So you will be able to find good item early on, but with very low quality. 

4) vehicles

Yup, I will add that imho bicycle should be lootable day1, maybe even added as guaranteed to POIs - no need to force us to walk, when we have 2 helicopters later on. Screw stone age era.

5) extractors

:DDD

You really should join discord - https://discord.gg/uEREjEpU

All agreed, extractors will be buffed a little next update. We have a good laugh at noise from extractors/oil pumps :)

But it's kind of real that you want them away.

6) skill growth multipliers

Wow... ale agreed, maybe lockpicks are ok for me, but who cares when you have Valkyrie?  And temperature resistance grows up when you don't need it anymore - so imho WAY too low.

PS Screw crossbow, .38 badger with silencer and HP ammo. It uses .44 books :) 

common suggestions about skills - as you know from FO series exponential bonuses growth is way more appealing for a player, so instead of let say Assassin's plain bonuses 20/40/60/80/100 would be way better to grant 15/35/55/70/100 with adding small balanced perks on level 3 and 5 (smth like 1/3% chance of instant kill). its just an example, I'm sure you know about this approach.

Hmmm... aren't they like that right now? Each level gives small %

(I'm honestly not sure)

I'm wondering what is the current version of this mod?

Cause on the main site it says that it's version 2.3.41, and when I downloaded it, it's still 2.2.41.

I'm sorta confused as to where 2.3.41 is on the site unless that's the experimental version.

5 hours ago, Rathlon said:

I'm wondering what is the current version of this mod?

Cause on the main site it says that it's version 2.3.41, and when I downloaded it, it's still 2.2.41.

I'm sorta confused as to where 2.3.41 is on the site unless that's the experimental version.

Oh sry, that's a typo, I meant to have it 2.2.41 :D

7 hours ago, Scyris said:

Any tips for a new player? New to the mod.

Join my Undead Legacy Discord channel, lots of people play the mod and would be willing to help you out with all kinds of tips and tricks https://discord.gg/CZY8W2t

6 hours ago, canjeffski said:

Hey, is there any way for me to modify the amount of hunger that food restores? Having canned foods only restore 5 hunger is a little low for my personal preference.

(BTW I'm loving this mod overall. Really brings a new life to the game.)

Food & nutrition overhaul is on the roadmap that will fix that, completely changing how hunger, health and stamina regeneration works to a hopefully better standard.

В последних обновлениях необходимо добавить в верстак 1 уровня: (примитивный ремонтный набор), каменная кирка.  В креативе они добавлены, но как их создать на начальном этапе?

In the latest updates, you need to add Level 1 to the workbench: (primitive repair kit), stone pickaxe. They are added in the creative, but how to create them at the initial stage?

3 minutes ago, Ex3me said:

В последних обновлениях необходимо добавить в верстак 1 уровня: (примитивный ремонтный набор), каменная кирка.  В креативе они добавлены, но как их создать на начальном этапе?

In the latest updates, you need to add Level 1 to the workbench: (primitive repair kit), stone pickaxe. They are added in the creative, but how to create them at the initial stage?

You can make them in the backpack, next update will fix that they don't show up in basics tab

On 1/6/2021 at 12:18 PM, kazfiend said:

Is there any chance of adding the ability to lock inventory slots?

Patience, it is on the to-do list :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Heyoo, love the mod Subquake. Legendary stuff. 

Got a question around the newer zinc/copper and sulfur ores that have been added. Will those new ores appear in the world automatically or do I have to start a new game? Haven't found any and unable to make any gunpowder. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Madflipz said:

Heyoo, love the mod Subquake. Legendary stuff. 

Got a question around the newer zinc/copper and sulfur ores that have been added. Will those new ores appear in the world automatically or do I have to start a new game? Haven't found any and unable to make any gunpowder. Thanks!

not mineable by hand, only sulfur can be extracted mining nitrate, the rest of the ores are obtained using the Ore Extractor block :)

Возможно исправить: теперь зомби в биомах днем спавняться в большом количестве. Так же в первую ночь зомби тоже очень много и ночью становиться опасно!Но, вторая, третья ночь и т.д..... зомби снова не спавняться. Возможно это как то исправить (чтоб каждую ночь спавнились зомби) или так задуманно?