Coppi MOD - New features

danilocoppi

hello, not sure if this is caused by Coppi's or not so I'll just post it here.

Coppi's version is being used: 3.6

Game version: Alpha 16.3 Stable

Allocs versions: Command Extensions=14; Common Functions=16; webmap=22

Server was running fine before I started testing out "pblock". No "nullref" prior.

Since I have started using pblock, regardless of distance from location of this command being used; I have been getting nullrefs pop up while killing zombies. Majority of the indications occur while they are killed mid-stride.

Here is a snippet from the log:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2017-10-13T17:45:24 3204.776 INF Executing command 'pblock steel 175 1 175 0' from client 76561198158797101

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2017-10-13T17:45:24 3204.779 INF Error in PrefabFillBlock.Run: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.PrefabFillBlock.showListOfBlocks (System.String blockName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.PrefabFillBlock.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Again, those messages appear after zombies are killed usually in mid-stride, not one particular zombie. Meaning a horde of 25 will throw at least one, maximum of 3 (usually not the zombie sometimes it will throw festering corpse, while others could be cheerleader, I've had a few thrown for different radiated zombies at different times).

What have I done so far?

Stop Server

Delete Region Files of Map that I used 'pblock'- I use this command away from player areas for this very reason

Start Server

Join Server

This is a minor nuisance; but one to be mentioned. On going even after reset of region files. If this is in the wrong thread, I'll copy to correct location.

Thanks!

Moon;745524']Is there a way to spawn a prefab and set so sleepers spawn as well?

There are plenty of prefabs that have static spawners but when i use the command to spawn a prefab, its fully empity.

I think you are mistaken. The internal import method that every mod is using takes care of static spawners, so all mods should support that. Recently, I imported the strip club a few times and it also created the static spawners. I checked the game data to be sure. In fact, it creates the spawners *on top* of already existing ones, so when you import some prefab multiple times with slightly shifted positions, you have created a lot of sleeper spawns. I had to remove some of the spawners manually ("scriptually").

There is a cool-down though, so it's likely that te sleepers won't come immediately after import. But they will come.

djk

Edit: If you have my ScriptingMod, it contains a script that lists all static spawners in the current chunk. It's basically just:

var pos = global.player.GetBlockPosition();

var chunk = GameManager.Instance.World.GetChunkFromWorldPos(pos);

var spawners = chunk.GetSleeperVolumes();

console.log("Chunk has " + count + " sleeper volumes.");

I think you are mistaken. The internal import method that every mod is using takes care of static spawners, so all mods should support that. Recently, I imported the strip club a few times and it also created the static spawners. I checked the game data to be sure. In fact, it creates the spawners *on top* of already existing ones, so when you import some prefab multiple times with slightly shifted positions, you have created a lot of sleeper spawns. I had to remove some of the spawners manually ("scriptually").

There is a cool-down though, so it's likely that te sleepers won't come immediately after import. But they will come.

djk

Edit: If you have my ScriptingMod, it contains a script that lists all static spawners in the current chunk. It's basically just:

var pos = global.player.GetBlockPosition();

var chunk = GameManager.Instance.World.GetChunkFromWorldPos(pos);

var spawners = chunk.GetSleeperVolumes();

console.log("Chunk has " + count + " sleeper volumes.");

This is weird, i spawned the oldies village prefab but i cant find a single zombie or spawner inside. I didnt add the prefab to the rgwmixer though. I simply added the prefab files to the prefab folder and manually spawned.

What i'm trying to do is creating a mega customized city on my server like a "starting" point with shops,trading points etc.

hello, not sure if this is caused by Coppi's or not so I'll just post it here.

Since I have started using pblock, regardless of distance from location of this command being used; I have been getting nullrefs pop up while killing zombies. Majority of the indications occur while they are killed mid-stride.

There's a logic bug in coppis code causing that error:

public void showListOfBlocks(String blockName)
       {
           SdtdConsole.Instance.Output("blockName:" + blockName);
           blockName = blockName.ToLower();
           foreach (Block block in Block.list)
           {
               if ([color="#FF0000"]blockName == "*"[/color] || ([color="#FF0000"]block != null[/color] && block.GetBlockName() != null && block.GetBlockName().ToLower().Contains(blockName)))
               {
                   SdtdConsole.Instance.Output("BlockID:" + [color="#FF0000"]block.blockID[/color] + "   Name:" + block.GetBlockName());
               }
           }
       }

Bits in red are the problem.

if name is *, then it skips the null check then tries to access .BlockID on a null (when it hits block id 17 in vanilla which doesnt exist)

Moon;746025']Yep just tested. No spawner/sleeper spawner at all. Even after 20 days' date=' no zombie spawned in any of the buildings i imported. Have no idea why though.[/quote']

i may be wrong, but i dont think Coppis mod writes in the spawner info on import.

i may be wrong, but i dont think Coppis mod writes in the spawner info on import.

I honestly have no idea what am i doing wrong.

1) I uploaded all the files from the prefab zip to the prefab folder.

2) Went on the server and ran the prender command and spawned the prefab.

3) Waited 7 days and still no zombie spawned at all.

Do i have to configure somenthing else ?

Moon;746351']I honestly have no idea what am i doing wrong.

1) I uploaded all the files from the prefab zip to the prefab folder.

2) Went on the server and ran the prender command and spawned the prefab.

3) Waited 7 days and still no zombie spawned at all.

Do i have to configure somenthing else ?

you could use djkrose's or my mods import commands and see if they work instead. If they don't then you know something isnt working on your server.

I assume you've checked for obvious stuff (like zombie spawns disabled in config)

also, when you spawn the prefab, check your server log, often at low gamestage the sleeper volumns will spawn enpty (and says that in log), if you see that try setting it to day 1000+ (bumps you to 500gs base)

you could use djkrose's or my mods import commands and see if they work instead. If they don't then you know something isnt working on your server.

I assume you've checked for obvious stuff (like zombie spawns disabled in config)

also, when you spawn the prefab, check your server log, often at low gamestage the sleeper volumns will spawn enpty (and says that in log), if you see that try setting it to day 1000+ (bumps you to 500gs base)

Tested both, both worked with no problem at all. Prefab and zombies in general spawned with no problem. In fact i even tested a bunch of times with various prefabs just to make sure.

Coppi only spawned when the prefab was inside the prefab folder when world was created.

Now i'll start to manually build 1 entire map with custom prefabs from scratch with custom zombies in each.

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

10) GiveXPSkill

Gives experience to on a player`s skill

Hey Coppi/Val,

I use your mods (Love them by the way, allows me to be a better admin)

The problem I am having, is I added Valsmod after having the server run for a few days, and none of my players are able to unlock the perk "9mm Round Crafting" I have reinstalled Valsmod and still can't seem to unlock the perk. I also tried "giveselfskillxp 9mm Round Crafting 1000000000" and it says it gives me EXP for it, but it still has the padlock beside the skill.

My question is, you have a /giveself item, giveselfxp and /giveselfskillxp Are you able to add a /unlockskill command or anything that will help me out here?

10) GiveXPSkill

Gives experience to on a player`s skill

Hey Coppi/Val,

I use your mods (Love them by the way, allows me to be a better admin)

The problem I am having, is I added Valsmod after having the server run for a few days, and none of my players are able to unlock the perk "9mm Round Crafting" I have reinstalled Valsmod and still can't seem to unlock the perk. I also tried "giveselfskillxp 9mm Round Crafting 1000000000" and it says it gives me EXP for it, but it still has the padlock beside the skill.

My question is, you have a /giveself item, giveselfxp and /giveselfskillxp Are you able to add a /unlockskill command or anything that will help me out here?

Sounds like another brass bug TBH, have you tried creating another map without mods and testing the same skill

Sounds like another brass bug TBH, have you tried creating another map without mods and testing the same skill

Yeah, I actually did a vote and people agreed to just wipe Fuzzy Sheep and start again, that wipe fixed the skill tree. So we're up and running.

- Thanks Aribo

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem

Have you restarted the server since you installed the mod?

Do you have it in /Mods/CoppisAdditions ?

I have the same problem Codah has and i have double checked i have the mod installed in said path and have the other necessary mod (the server fixes mod) working but i can not get coppi's additions working. the path is /mods/coppisadditions3.6 and i only have the files i unzipped from the compiled zip. Is there additonal mods needed or does it not work 16.4?

Coppi's mod works perfectly. I haven't read all of this thread so I'll just add what I know.

In the mods folder his mod should be in CoppisAdditions. I don't know how important case and naming of the folder is but that is the correct folder name.

Also the mods folder must be in the main 7 days to die folder, not somewhere else such as inside 7daystodie_Data and inside the Mods folder you should see CoppisAdditions, some folders for Allocs mod and any other server side mods you have installed. If as sometimes happens, you have another Mods folder inside your Mods folder, that won't work.

Another common problem is many game hosts block uploading of dll files. The mod will report ingame as if it is installed, but there won't be any commands working and the mod's help will be missing. Take a look in your CoppisAdditions folder. There should be 2 files, a dll and an xml.

Yet another common problem is trying to upload mods while the server is running. That will work if the mod isn't already there but once the server is using it, the dll is locked (in use). After installing new mods the server needs to be restarted as the mods are only loaded at that time.

Another issue you may have is if your server was installed from the Steam Tools menu and not installed using steamcmd, your server does not support mods. You must use steamcmd to install your server.

I distribute latest versions of Allocs mod, Coppi's mod, and the Bad company mod. You can grab them from me if you like. You will need to upload either the entire Mods folder or just folders from within it. You can safely overwrite the entire Mods folder.

http://botman.nz/Botman_Mods.zip

Note that if you do not have latest versions of Allocs or Coppi's mods you will be missing functions. In A16 there was a change to how items drop that required new code so if you have older versions, the give command won't drop anything and you'll see an error in your console instead.

Archived