SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

You will have to merge the files to make sure that both the SMX and the Fennec mod changes are present in your new files.

Is this something that can be done with notepad ++ or is this some kind of coding involved?

Is this something that can be done with notepad ++ or is this some kind of coding involved?

This can be done easily with Notepad++ and consist of nothing more than copy pasting the code from the SMX files to the FennecMod files ...

You will have to be able to identify the code though, and make sure that you dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

If you have some patience I am going to start playing Fennecmod a bit in the near future and I will then port my mod into it for my own use. If the fox agrees I can probably release those files to the public.

I like to go the extra mile when doing so though so I will create some non official logos and menus as I do it to increase the level of "immersion" for myself :p ... but one should keep in mind that is has nothing to do with Fennecmod.

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while since last post, but I have a question. Is it possible to modify xml files and make this mod server side only? I've changed all paths for files into links on my website and most of it works just great, except most of bottom-left side (want to use SMX2 version, so that human form, all backgrounds under status bars, etc). Can I force it somehow to stay server side only? And I don't have any of the question marks, everything seems to be just fine, but "dynamic" status bars are not loaded. Or something :p

Thank you very much for any advice.

Regards

I know it's been a while since last post, but I have a question. Is it possible to modify xml files and make this mod server side only? I've changed all paths for files into links on my website and most of it works just great, except most of bottom-left side (want to use SMX2 version, so that human form, all backgrounds under status bars, etc). Can I force it somehow to stay server side only? And I don't have any of the question marks, everything seems to be just fine, but "dynamic" status bars are not loaded. Or something :p

Thank you very much for any advice.

Regards

Hi, sadly this is not possible with the current version of the game as the server does not push the sprites to the client.

I hope A17 will remedy this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of information to all SMX users.

A17 will likely drop while I am on my work rotation. I leave this coming Friday and will be away until August 10th. I will then need the weekend to “acclimate” to onshore life again before doing any real work on the mod.

This said, I do have an internet connection where I work but the speed of the connection (for downloading A17) and the time I can dedicate to work on the mod will be greatly restricted and a release of SMX for A17 will likely be somewhat delayed depending on the changes made to the xmls and the conditions I described above.

There are plans for SMX in A17. At first a standard port from the A16 version will occur so that those that wish to continue using the HUD can get it.

Then a total UI conversion is in the plan, since Alloc announced he has crunched the memory leak problem with adding textures to the UI. This will likely be done during the experimental versions and hopefully be ready for release when A17 hits stable.

I am pondering to drop the different designs and just go with a standard SMX design. This to lower my workload on the mod. I will however try and do the coding in a way that will allow for content creators to recreate the other designs as they see fit. This has not been decided upon.

• 3 months later...
wishing to see this mod adapted to the A17

It is in the works. I am rewriting the mod as xpath, the new system they introduced, so it will take a bit longer than usual. They also introduced new things that will need to be modified also.

A few more days and it will be there :)

In the mean time you can have a look at this one... MAIN MENU MOD which is a supplemental mod to SMX and my first step to redesigning the main menu system.

-S

It is in the works. I am rewriting the mod as xpath, the new system they introduced, so it will take a bit longer than usual. They also introduced new things that will need to be modified also.

A few more days and it will be there :)

In the mean time you can have a look at this one... MAIN MENU MOD which is a supplemental mod to SMX and my first step to redesigning the main menu system.

-S

very well ^_^

Good evening everyone,

I've been working on several projects these past few days. Some of which has sidetracked me from working on SMX at times and some that I have prioritized over SMX as I wanted smaller projects to learn the xpath system before I dug into the remake of SMX for A17.

I am pleased to announce that the grunt work for SMX is now mostly done, I have a working HUD in A17 with some of the changes that just had to be prioritized and done such as the stealth bar. I have reworked some of the assets to handle issues that have bothered me in the past. There are parts that are not handled yet though. The party frames I have not done yet, same with the chat window and the target health bar.

I have big plans moving forward, like continuing to work on the assets, reworking some design choices and eventually reshape the entire UI. But that is in the future, as for now I have some play testing to do, then I need to clean up the mess I call a code so it looks presentable and then I will release the modlet to my testers. And yes, it is a modlet, fully xpath and compatible with all other mods/modlets that do not change the same parts of the modded files.

I expect a release, barring any bad stuff happening, late evening tomorrow or daytime friday.

-S

SMXhud for A17b199e is now being uploaded to Nexusmods and will be available shortly. Take some time to consider supplementing SMXhud with the new SMXmainMenu mod and also SMXhudStats if you like text on your healthbars etc.

A 72 slot BBM is complete, and will be available as an optional modlet tomorrow. More modlets will follow shortly.

Hi, I'll ask so I get the understanding right from the start for how it works in A17.

So I need to put this to our Dedicated Server and xml files will be copied to client at runtime when joining.

But because this mod has icons and textures we need to have this installed on our clients too or it wont work as expected because those don't push from server to client.

And if this is installed on my client and I join to server without this then it works too because vanilla server will push xml's to my client at runtime and having this in my mods folder don't do any harm and I see Vanilla interface?

Anything wrong in my assumption?

Hi, I'll ask so I get the understanding right from the start for how it works in A17.

So I need to put this to our Dedicated Server and xml files will be copied to client at runtime when joining.

But because this mod has icons and textures we need to have this installed on our clients too or it wont work as expected because those don't push from server to client.

And if this is installed on my client and I join to server without this then it works too because vanilla server will push xml's to my client at runtime and having this in my mods folder don't do any harm and I see Vanilla interface?

Anything wrong in my assumption?

Nothing is wrong with that assumption.

Hi there

I run a private server for friends via BlueFang Solutions, am looking to get more info on the HUD, primarily food and water! is there a specific way of adding mods onto the server?

i did ask BFS but they are not aware of any mods/modlets for A17

Thanks in advance

I guess you should link them to this forum then. This modlet should work just fine on a server as long as clients also download and install the modlet. This because it contains custom assets and without them the game will just not look as intended.

-S

Hello

Can you make the Hud in Valmot style,because i find the colours by the player level in yellow and the background of the playerlevel better.

or please tell me where i found the playerlevel to change from white in yellow.

very thanks

I am sorry, I will only support the standard unit frame in A17 seeing how simple it is now with modlets to make changes, even to other modlets, I will leave it to the different content creators to make and distribute their own hud modlets as a layer to SMXhud.

I will have to get back to you on the color change as I am not on my computer at the moment.

• 11 months later...

No love for the color blind?

Hello, I couldn't find any contact information, or a dedicated support request thread very simply, so I suppose I'll leave my plea here.

Is there any way we could get some form color blind assistance?

colorBLIND.jpg.ca923f93d7e1ab719c9683bd154b2627.jpg

[ Numbers reference the circles and numbers. ]

#1 - I simply cannot tell what quality of item I would be creating, sure, I could go through my skill tree, but if we could see a number instead of a color, well, that would be swell... Which brings me to number 2...

#2 - This shows only the recipe/formula/blueprint/schematic, and not the actual skill which would show me where to look in order to swiftly find the quality of the item I would be creating.

I'm not confident, but I'm pretty sure I can't be the only color blind person using this mod. Please consider this plea for help, and/or let me know how I can get this to the developer in hopes of adding some assistance, additionally, I apologize if this is posted in an entirely inappropriate place. I couldn't find anywhere to leave it.

Hi there, sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

#1 - I will look into what can be done. SMXui is a simple reskin so it can only use what the game already have in store for it. But I will look into adding the durability bar and with that the durability "QL" number.

#2 - Again, this is handled by the game. If there is no skill there then that is how the game is. SMXui doesn't remove or add functionality, only appearance.

I cannot make any promises but I will look into #1, don't know when a new version will be out though.

Archived