Sign in to follow this  
Sirillion

SMX - By Sirillion

Is their a way to get the bigger backpacks and swaygate onto a server with starvation on it? Whenever I click on the backpack file my host has it says I need to install the other SMX mods, and I am unsure how that will work with the starvation mod UI.

Is their a way to get the bigger backpacks and swaygate onto a server with starvation on it? Whenever I click on the backpack file my host has it says I need to install the other SMX mods, and I am unsure how that will work with the starvation mod UI.

It will not work with the Starvation mod at all.

But if you check the SDX section of this forum you will see that I’ve released a patch for Starvation that you can use to gain the bigger backpack. Swaygate is not really needed for 16.4 as they’ve smoothed it out some. Still looks stupid when running but hey ho.

hi Sirillion,

I am planning to give your SMX another try; I have not used since, alpha 15 I think, when this version was just coming out.. I kept getting nullref errors, and server failed to load problems- then..

been hearing a lot of feedback that this have become easier to install, and not much issues.. I do have a question though.. I would really like to add a small area on screen that displays a web address; I know it will not be hyperlinked, my plan for this is to remove this address from welcome and periodic server messages; thus having it permanently displayed (sure small annoyance for players, but they cannot complain they don't know how to reach admins).. If this is possible, based on the screenshots for smx.. adding a small window just left of game version number would be ideal in my case.. how would I go about doing this?

hi Sirillion,

I am planning to give your SMX another try; I have not used since, alpha 15 I think, when this version was just coming out.. I kept getting nullref errors, and server failed to load problems- then..

been hearing a lot of feedback that this have become easier to install, and not much issues.. I do have a question though.. I would really like to add a small area on screen that displays a web address; I know it will not be hyperlinked, my plan for this is to remove this address from welcome and periodic server messages; thus having it permanently displayed (sure small annoyance for players, but they cannot complain they don't know how to reach admins).. If this is possible, based on the screenshots for smx.. adding a small window just left of game version number would be ideal in my case.. how would I go about doing this?

Hi, this is already in there. Edit Windows.xml and at the very top there is a section where you can just type in your information. It is commented so it should be easy to find but do get back to me if you cannot find it.

Server file is coming Wednesday as I am currently away at work.

i dont want to be a nerf guy but... are you getting in trouble with the server sharp dll file?

i dont want to be a nerf guy but... are you getting in trouble with the server sharp dll file?

Hehe, no trouble at all ... just a lack of time to do much of anything computer related ... I've been busy with a building project but I will get some "free" time this evening and I will see if I can get it done then :)

thanks, so I found that I needed to install the modified dll for 16.4 to enable that window.. which means disabling EAC.. is there another way to do this in a16.4 without the modified dll?

thanks

I Need Help

Hello, i'm trying to use the smx backpack with 90 slots but with another HUD and always i get a error when i try to use the code <SMX_bp_item_stack name="0"/>20171114193716_1.thumb.jpg.6509b65c6e825e68ae8013fdc52376ab.jpg my inventory look like this, please someone can help

EDIT: i already fixed it thanks for the mod :))

Edited by ExeBT (see edit history)

Does anyone know why when every time I try connecting to my friend's game, it just gets stuck on connecting to server for me? Me and him both have the smx mod along with the big bag optional file install. So, we should have the exact same files.

Does anyone know why when every time I try connecting to my friend's game, it just gets stuck on connecting to server for me? Me and him both have the smx mod along with the big bag optional file install. So, we should have the exact same files.

Is your eac turned off?

Hello, i'm trying to use the smx backpack with 90 slots but with another HUD and always i get a error when i try to use the code <SMX_bp_item_stack name="0"/>[ATTACH=CONFIG]23327[/ATTACH] my inventory look like this, please someone can help

EDIT: i already fixed it thanks for the mod :))

HOW! lol How did you fix that? i been working on this for days lol

HOW! lol How did you fix that? i been working on this for days lol

Modifying the backpack extends further than just changing the windows.xml. The reference he is talking about is in controls.xml and in there it also refers to a style= which is in styles.xml. Both of these needs to be copied into their respective files for this to work.

I am sorry for only catching this now, I’ve been kinda busy irl.

Out of curiosity, which UI are you trying to make it work with?

Question On this image

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1215329931

Unnamed server seems to have HUD image mods but i did not need to install a pack or anything to view images will your mod work this way if i run a server will others see the correct hud i have install on the server like this?

Good evening. No, my mod has custom textures and sprites that require the clients to have assets installed.

hmm

Good evening. No, my mod has custom textures and sprites that require the clients to have assets installed.

you mean client should install it handy or server will push assets for download ?

i want to use this mod server side . thanks

you mean client should install it handy or server will push assets for download ?

i want to use this mod server side . thanks

Server only pushes the xml files. If you are using extra icons or assets, each client will need to install those.

odd

But as you can see from the image link i provided there are custom images the belt clip and the compass markers. On thsi HUD but i never installed anything client side i just loged in to the server and i can see them.

But as you can see from the image link i provided there are custom images the belt clip and the compass markers. On thsi HUD but i never installed anything client side i just loged in to the server and i can see them.

I don’t think those are custom. They seem standard to me just tinted with another color.

Those are tint changes, not actual images.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh snap I didn't see you had already replied.

The items are tinted i under stand that i am referring to the arrows on the compass which is a custom image from the valmod HUD and the tool belt clip image itself behind the items on the tool belt that is also from valmod but I did not install anything or images on my personal client but yet I could still see those images.

Is there a possibility that the file request:

File@ "Final Destination"

Can use a url to pull the image like

File@http://100.100.100.100/image/imagename.png

Edited by Telazorn (see edit history)

Those are weblinked, i.e. the xml has a link to an image file. You can do that with most artifacts on the screen but not all.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/6AAyyCh.jpg

...entirely web based. If the web host ever goes down I'm screwed.

Point is, it pushes from the server.

Some artifacts don't however (it's my understanding the stat bar graphics don't).

Those are weblinked, i.e. the xml has a link to an image file. You can do that with most artifacts on the screen but not all.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/6AAyyCh.jpg

...entirely web based. If the web host ever goes down I'm screwed.

Point is, it pushes from the server.

Some artifacts don't however (it's my understanding the stat bar graphics don't).

Sorry did not see your replay thanks i will need to test i guess to find out what will push and what wont thank you everyone for your help😊