SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Those are weblinked, i.e. the xml has a link to an image file. You can do that with most artifacts on the screen but not all.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/6AAyyCh.jpg

...entirely web based. If the web host ever goes down I'm screwed.

Point is, it pushes from the server.

Some artifacts don't however (it's my understanding the stat bar graphics don't).

This example are all those HUD images loaded from URL or is that an install package?

This example are all those HUD images loaded from URL or is that an install package?

Textures can be hosted from an online source yes, sprites cannot. So as long as the mod in question use no sprites or custom icons then it can be used with no client download. That said, and as Guppycur pointed out, should the web host go down or become inaccessible to clients the UI would show white boxes with red question marks as placeholders.

I used the web approach earlier because there were issues with Mac and Linux users but since that got fixed I moved to local assets. This because of that very reason, not all have great connections and some clients might not even get to connect to the host at all.

@Sir, did they ever resolve the mac/linux path issue? I remember it being brought to Alloc's attention and he acknowledged the issue...

@Tel, Sirillion is one of the OG hud guys, trust in his wisdom. =)

I’ve had SMX Mac and Linux users report back to me that the local hosted assets work. I have no Mac or Linux machines to test this myself so I kinda have to take their words for it. I do know that the Mods folder must be located differently than for windows though without me knowing the details of it.

Hello again trying to work this out is it a posability to show me how to point to images via URL? in the .xml for the HUD?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Yes, you can use this: texture=“@http://url/filename” to exchange the local asset with an online asset.

No prob and TY, Now i know this is a Noob question i am running my server on a Dedi How the heak do i wipe the server. i have deleted the whole server and reinstalled a new one but somehow my old world is still there this is not possible from a computing stand point and has me confused. :jaded:

No prob and TY, Now i know this is a Noob question i am running my server on a Dedi How the heak do i wipe the server. i have deleted the whole server and reinstalled a new one but somehow my old world is still there this is not possible from a computing stand point and has me confused. :jaded:

I am not much into servers but on the client side the savefiles are elsewhere, try going to %appdata% and look for a 7 days folder.

• 1 month later...

Hi

This is probably not related to this mod, but since Sirillion have awesome mod support I try my luck here :)

I recently upgraded to 21:9 monitor and I love it. Only problem is when playing with friends my HUD dont match my resolution since HUD is pushed from server. Is it possible for players to play with different resolution and have a HUD that work with the different resolutions? Would love some thoughts/help on this since it is really annoying.

Hi

This is probably not related to this mod, but since Sirillion have awesome mod support I try my luck here :)

I recently upgraded to 21:9 monitor and I love it. Only problem is when playing with friends my HUD dont match my resolution since HUD is pushed from server. Is it possible for players to play with different resolution and have a HUD that work with the different resolutions? Would love some thoughts/help on this since it is really annoying.

Hi there, I am really sorry but I do not know as I have not tested this myself. Could you maybe add a few screens to showcase the issue?

Hi there, I am really sorry but I do not know as I have not tested this myself. Could you maybe add a few screens to showcase the issue?

Thanks for replying.

Here is a picture shoving my HUD screwed up on 3440x1440. It's for perfectly for my friends playing at 2560x1440.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/347898384314531850/402212460914016268/unknown.png

Thanks for replying.

Here is a picture shoving my HUD screwed up on 3440x1440. It's for perfectly for my friends playing at 2560x1440.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/347898384314531850/402212460914016268/unknown.png

Wow, that was quite screwed up. Is this only for playing on this particular server or is it also when using that mod for playing single player? And what mod is it exactly?

Wow, that was quite screwed up. Is this only for playing on this particular server or is it also when using that mod for playing single player? And what mod is it exactly?

Its the same in single-player, but in SP I can modify the settings to make it work with 3440x1440. But when I play on either server I have its screwed up again since my friends need 2560x1440 :(

I have not tested with default HUD but I can imagine the same issues is there also.

Its the same in single-player, but in SP I can modify the settings to make it work with 3440x1440. But when I play on either server I have its screwed up again since my friends need 2560x1440 :(

I have not tested with default HUD but I can imagine the same issues is there also.

Hmmm ... it still shouldn't act like that. The bars should stay together as a window even if it gets "misplaced" on the HUD much like what you see with the xp window on top.

I would be interested to have a look at the files and see if I can see something that is messed up somehow. If you want you can send me a download link for it and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Hmmm ... it still shouldn't act like that. The bars should stay together as a window even if it gets "misplaced" on the HUD much like what you see with the xp window on top.

I would be interested to have a look at the files and see if I can see something that is messed up somehow. If you want you can send me a download link for it and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Just to be clear, if I change resolution ingame to 2560x1440 everything is ok. Its just look screwed up since I have higher resolution than my friends. I will link to files later.

• 4 weeks later...

We are still having the bug where we are losing parts of our inventory after death or logging out etc as posted on Nexus Mods, the fix you suggested Quoted below does not seemed to have fixed the issue, do you have an update on when you might address this, we are losing valuable loot:

"15 January 2018, 8:56AM

I've investigating the issue and the loot.xml file does have the size of the player dropped backpack set to 80 slots which coincide with the 72 slot backpack and the 8 slot toolbelt.

Update: When testing I do not dress the character in clothes. The reason this is happening is because I've not taken into consideration that character clothing slots are also dropped upon death. This will be addressed in an upcoming version of SMX. For those that do not wish to wait for that you can either edit loot.xml and search for id="41" and then change the size value from 8,10 to 9,10. Do not go 10,10 or you will throw errors. OR you can opt to play with drop toolbelt only for a while. "

We are still having the bug where we are losing parts of our inventory after death or logging out etc as posted on Nexus Mods, the fix you suggested Quoted below does not seemed to have fixed the issue, do you have an update on when you might address this, we are losing valuable loot:

"15 January 2018, 8:56AM

I've investigating the issue and the loot.xml file does have the size of the player dropped backpack set to 80 slots which coincide with the 72 slot backpack and the 8 slot toolbelt.

Update: When testing I do not dress the character in clothes. The reason this is happening is because I've not taken into consideration that character clothing slots are also dropped upon death. This will be addressed in an upcoming version of SMX. For those that do not wish to wait for that you can either edit loot.xml and search for id="41" and then change the size value from 8,10 to 9,10. Do not go 10,10 or you will throw errors. OR you can opt to play with drop toolbelt only for a while. "

Hi, sorry about this but I've just had too much going on IRL of late and had very little time to work on this. The fix as suggested does work as it is the same fix I've sent to the content modders that use SMX with their mods. But it depends on you using the Mod Launcher or not. If you use the Mod Launcher you will need to make sure to edit the loot.xml file in the TempMods folder and then turn of auto mod sync. If not the loot.xml will be overwritten with at fresh file every time you start the game.

If that edit to loot.xml doesn't do it for you then I suggest turning off drop everything and maybe just use drop toolbelt only.

I will try and make time to do a hot fix for this to sort it out once and for all.

• 2 months later...

hud help

hi sirillion

i have an issue first im not good at modifying things well i can but gets a little confusing im using stedman simple ui plus but i really would like to have the valmod health and stamina section of the hud in this and i was wondering if someoen here might be able to explain to me what i need to modify to accomplish this it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance for any possible help just wish i was better at this stuff.

I finally got it.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I enable just the zombie kill counter within the SMX Enhanced UI?

Sirillion, I love your mods, thank you very much for making them. It would be perfect if I could use the SMX Enhanced UI just the way it is with the exception of having a zombie kill counter. I received Oxygen XML editor and I have managed to mod some things but I can't figure the zombie kill counter, my apologies for the annoyance in advance.

Sirillion, I love your mods, thank you very much for making them. It would be perfect if I could use the SMX Enhanced UI just the way it is with the exception of having a zombie kill counter. I received Oxygen XML editor and I have managed to mod some things but I can't figure the zombie kill counter, my apologies for the annoyance in advance.

Hi there,

The Zombie kill counter is already in the code as it is used with the Valmod design you just need to activate it in xui.xml for use with other designs.

You might have to change the positional value for the kill counter window to make it fit though.

Hi there,

The Zombie kill counter is already in the code as it is used with the Valmod design you just need to activate it in xui.xml for use with other designs.

You might have to change the positional value for the kill counter window to make it fit though.

Thank you, I figured out what I was doing wrong.

smxwkc.jpg.65c4e863806d084c3dbfdf34f6310c4d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sirillion, I love your mod and use it as much as possible. I do have an issue though. :( When I try to use it with the Fennec mod I can't interact with some of their workstations. To clarify how I install your mod is as follows. Clean/verified 7daystodie. Fennec mod installed. SMXA installed. Then finally the bigger backpack. Everything LOOKS fine but like I mentioned I am unable to interact with workstations. With out your mods the Fennec mod works fine, so I am inclined to believe it is something to do with your SMX/Bigger backpack mod. Any clue? I'm not receiving any errors on my end that I'm aware of. It's just that when I hover over the workstation I get the Press E to use but when I do nothing happens.

Hi Sirillion, I love your mod and use it as much as possible. I do have an issue though. :( When I try to use it with the Fennec mod I can't interact with some of their workstations. To clarify how I install your mod is as follows. Clean/verified 7daystodie. Fennec mod installed. SMXA installed. Then finally the bigger backpack. Everything LOOKS fine but like I mentioned I am unable to interact with workstations. With out your mods the Fennec mod works fine, so I am inclined to believe it is something to do with your SMX/Bigger backpack mod. Any clue? I'm not receiving any errors on my end that I'm aware of. It's just that when I hover over the workstation I get the Press E to use but when I do nothing happens.

The issue is that the mods are not compatible with each other. When installing SMX over Fennec mod you overwrite the code for the workstations and hence they stop working.

The issue is that the mods are not compatible with each other. When installing SMX over Fennec mod you overwrite the code for the workstations and hence they stop working.

Ok how do I fix this or is it a very technical undertaking?

Archived