A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

Just stumbled over this mod after trying out your Valmod! Seems pretty interesting and a nice change of pace from my normal "building" game. Quick question though: Is it "compatible" with Mags Prefab pack? As in, do the new buildings with their sometimes pretty rich loot break the balancing of the mod, by possibly giving the player too much food or ammo therefore making it too easy?

Just stumbled over this mod after trying out your Valmod! Seems pretty interesting and a nice change of pace from my normal "building" game. Quick question though: Is it "compatible" with Mags Prefab pack? As in, do the new buildings with their sometimes pretty rich loot break the balancing of the mod, by possibly giving the player too much food or ammo therefore making it too easy?

I personally play without mags not because of loot issues but because some of those buildings are REALLY overpowered for this mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the game let you assemble the minibike without the recipe? Interesting. I could remove the perk and let the parts all drop from loot.

Yeah you don't need the recipe to assemble it, since it starts the assembly process with the placing of a "block" which they have no scripts to stop you from doing based on perks.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably Val intended for it to unlock the merchant version then :)

I don't think so seeing as how the merchant doesn't ever stop you from crafting something

It probably will throw off balance a bit but I doubt it will break it completely. Up to you. I do make some subtle tweaks to the rwgmixer.xml but its nothing as drastic as the compo pack. I don't like discouraging players from playing the way they like, though. So if you like the compo pack and want those cool new buildings then go for it. I can't promise how well the experience will be though. Not just because of potential loot issues or building perspective but actual performance.

The compo pack can have some pretty big hits on framerate due to the size of some of its cities. You add that ontop of the hit you're going to get from my massive hordes... Well, things could look pretty bad depending on your PC rig. Just something to keep in mind.

I don't think so seeing as how the merchant doesn't ever stop you from crafting something

Nah nah nah. You're all wrong. Val was just ignorant of basic game mechanics and didn't realize you could assemble a minibike without the recipe. I've never made a legit minibike before, I've always spawned them in or grabbed the parts from the creative menu... and the book and read it, always assuming it was required. Derp.

Valmar, I figured out my problem with the toolbelt not showing. It is my Comodo Firewall. So far as I know if I disable it before I load the game the toolbelt loads in fine.

Anyway wasn't really want I wanted to say.

As we can't plant anything I was wondering how rare corn is suppose to be. I have found a ton of potatoes but have yet to find an ear of corn.

Didn't know if you made them rare to balance stews out.

Valmar, I figured out my problem with the toolbelt not showing. It is my Comodo Firewall. So far as I know if I disable it before I load the game the toolbelt loads in fine.

As we can't plant anything I was wondering how rare corn is suppose to be. I have found a ton of potatoes but have yet to find an ear of corn.

There are some ways to make meat stew.

1. Meat with corn, potato, and bowl of water. This is a basic way.

If you found all ingrediends, this is also the best way.

2. Meat with pieces of "assorted vegetables" and water. This is an alternative way of 1.

You can make "assorted vegetables" by scrapping potatoes or corns.

You use more vegetables than 1, but better than eat them indivisual.

3. Meat with canned vegetables. But only when you luckily got can of vegi.

Thanks for taking the time to put the mod together. It was a nice change of pace, a little crazy and fun.

One thing I want to ask is if there is something wrong with the cloth fragment recipe? I have cotton but the only choice when I select cotton is equip or drop. The cloth fragment recipe says I have no cotton even though I have over 25 and the craft option is grey'd out.

The recipe doesn't seem locked so I am baffled.

Thanks!

Like Alphado mentions above you can scrap any veggie to get assorted veggies to use for stews. Cornfields can be found in the forest - I found one on the server just the other day.

Thanks for taking the time to put the mod together. It was a nice change of pace, a little crazy and fun.

One thing I want to ask is if there is something wrong with the cloth fragment recipe? I have cotton but the only choice when I select cotton is equip or drop. The cloth fragment recipe says I have no cotton even though I have over 25 and the craft option is grey'd out.

The recipe doesn't seem locked so I am baffled.

Thanks!

I believe I know the problem. For whatever reason that plant uses the "can pick up" property rather than the normal plant harvesting code. As such I forgot to make it pickup as the correct cotton. Try placing the cotton plant back down on the ground and then harvest it by breaking it with your hands. This will give you back the "real" cotton. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update.

Which, btw, is now. Enjoy the update.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xhnsf8r74zc3p/CHS_-_Classic_Horde_Survival

Have to use the above mediafire link atm to get the update. Envul seems to be experiencing some DNS errors atm so I can't update that link right now.

You two scare me sometimes with how quick you are with these things.

it's the hidden spy camera's we've installed and watching your every move :)

(I would have updated within about 3 minutes of you updating but got called away to deal with something :) )

Like Alphado mentions above you can scrap any veggie to get assorted veggies to use for stews. Cornfields can be found in the forest - I found one on the server just the other day.

I believe I know the problem. For whatever reason that plant uses the "can pick up" property rather than the normal plant harvesting code. As such I forgot to make it pickup as the correct cotton. Try placing the cotton plant back down on the ground and then harvest it by breaking it with your hands. This will give you back the "real" cotton. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update.

Which, btw, is now. Enjoy the update.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xhnsf8r74zc3p/CHS_-_Classic_Horde_Survival

Have to use the above mediafire link atm to get the update. Envul seems to be experiencing some DNS errors atm so I can't update that link right now.

Damn...now that's service!

It's working now. Just wanted to let you know the cotton icon doesn't appear anymore though. No biggie, I prefer to be able to make the scrap!

Thanks for your efforts.

It's working now. Just wanted to let you know the cotton icon doesn't appear anymore though. No biggie, I prefer to be able to make the scrap!

Thanks for your efforts.

If you're playing on the server make sure to reinstall the new version of the mod. It should include the new cotton icon.

Small update. No real changes but I added a new OPTIONAL spawning.xml file that players can use if they so desire. I call it 28 Days. In this spawning.xml it is setup so that after day 28 the night hordes will never stop. Every night there will be a "7 day" night horde. Up until day 100, then it resets.

Good luck with that. Lol.

Again, this file is optional. You have to enable it manually in your config folder by swapping spawning.xml files.

Small update. No real changes but I added a new OPTIONAL spawning.xml file that players can use if they so desire. I call it 28 Days. In this spawning.xml it is setup so that after day 28 the night hordes will never stop. Every night there will be a "7 day" night horde. Up until day 100, then it resets.

Good luck with that. Lol.

Again, this file is optional. You have to enable it manually in your config folder by swapping spawning.xml files.

Wow, far challenging option.... And sounds exciting.

I recently play CHS 30min per day ,for high paced Zds spawning duration and never ending wandering hordes.

Now, however, not necessary to shorten day long. Lol

Hey, I've been having an issues with the kickz quest. for the last part of the quest you need to gather goldenrod, nitrate powder, mushroom, and painkillers. But whenever you harvest goldenrod it gives you goldenrod flower, not goldenrod. So you can't really finish the quest

Hey, I've been having an issues with the kickz quest. for the last part of the quest you need to gather goldenrod, nitrate powder, mushroom, and painkillers. But whenever you harvest goldenrod it gives you goldenrod flower, not goldenrod. So you can't really finish the quest

you might need to update, I think val fixed that. Otherwise try punching the plant instead

Cardboard boxes will not stack on top of each other, but I guess that makes sense. How else would you get into them lol

Now I'm confused as to how we open the creates in the vanilla game O_o (off-topic)

I am playing on a server and my ping was only 80, with no one else on. I get a lot of late hits. Hoping A15's combat updates help. But it does add to the challenge.

Had a zombie that seemed to spawn right on top of me. I guess this could be due to zombies and dead bodies elsewhere on the server.

Mostly want to know if cobblestone rocks are craftable to repair brick(and other stone) buildings? Could there be a repair kit similar to the wooden repair kit?

What you are experiencing with zombie reach is by no means vals or the mods fault, it is the Pimps. You are used to playing on my other servers which has edited all reaches for hands and weapons to account for the lag. I have left Vals files as he intended them as it is most certainly not my place to edit any of it. If Val is interested there is an adjustment that can be made that will make zombie reach more realistic on mp servers. I would NOT suggest using my fix on single player games as this problem only exists on servers.

Honestly? I could had sworn I had modified the zombie melee range to be lower than vanilla. Oddly enough it seems to be higher, though. Not sure... how that happened... I'm a bit baffled, actually. I'll fix that.

Aaaand fixed. It was set to 2 instead of 1.8 which is vanilla. Though it was actually meant to be less than vanilla so I set it to 1.65

This wont fix everything as what Jax says is true about servers until they fix it. But it should help make a dent in it.

Archived