A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

This looks awesome good job on this!

I am putting together a mod list for my custom server. I am looking at what mods to add. I would like to put your mod in my server list, but I also want a UI mod. I was thinking about the Origin UI Mod by Tritox. But I see some hints that your mod may already have a new UI in it. Do I really need a UI mod if I use your mod?

Thanks,

Bob

Cool yeah that is great I hope you guys enjoy the mod! and no you should not need any other UI mod, my mod has a great UI IMHO, you can check out my LP series quickly to just see the UI if you like.

Update (4/13/16)

+Recipes

Added recipes for crafting feathers from arrows, iron arrows, steel arrows, flaming arrows at the ammunition table.

Basically this allows you to get your feathers back so you can craft bolts with them if you need to, but can only be done at the ammunition table.

+Progression

Added increased harvest amount from Miner 69er perk.

You will now receive ROUGHLY 1.5 times the amount of resources at max level of Miner 69er.

Important!:

Resources that yield more than one resource are affected differently due to the fact that they use a destroy amount.

Some resources yield a destroy amount of a secondary resource that does not get affected by this multiplier it is best not to think to hard on this, just know that with increased levels of miner 69er you will receive more resources as well as increased block damage and that it is just a nice little bonus added to the perk.

Update (4/13/16)

+Recipes

Added recipes for crafting feathers from arrows, iron arrows, steel arrows, flaming arrows at the ammunition table.

Basically this allows you to get your feathers back so you can craft bolts with them if you need to, but can only be done at the ammunition table.

+Progression

Added increased harvest amount from Miner 69er perk.

You will now receive ROUGHLY 1.5 times the amount of resources at max level of Miner 69er.

Important!:

Resources that yield more than one resource are affected differently due to the fact that they use a destroy amount.

Some resources yield a destroy amount of a secondary resource that does not get affected by this multiplier it is best not to think to hard on this, just know that with increased levels of miner 69er you will receive more resources as well as increased block damage and that it is just a nice little bonus added to the perk.

I would also add a slight harvest bonus to the Knife Guy perk for better animal harvesting. A hunter with more gutting experience is going to get more meat and hide from a animal than a novice will, in terms of immersion and reality.

I would also add a slight harvest bonus to the Knife Guy perk for better animal harvesting. A hunter with more gutting experience is going to get more meat and hide from a animal than a novice will, in terms of immersion and reality.

Sure I dont see why not. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/14/16)

+Progression

Added increased harvest bonus to Knife Guy Perk

Clockwork Orange can you a scythe for grass?

The machete has the right click ability as a scythe for harvesting crops fast and for grass. :)

You will either have to find one in loot, or craft one once you unlock the recipe, you will first need to get your weapon smithing skill up to level 90 to unlock it first though.

I think the shotgun is too nerfed. It takes two shots from a shotgun to do what can be accomplished with one shot from a crossbow. Actually it should be the other way around.

On the contrary, a shotgun, unless using slugs, does not have the stopping power most people associate it with in terms of zombie killing power. Buckshot is great for crowd killing, but not for individual zombie killing, while a crossbow is more refined, being a single bolt with a deadly tip that can bust right through a rotten brain.

Don't believe what the movies tell you about shotguns and zombies, follow Daryl Dixons example.

I think the shotgun is too nerfed. It takes two shots from a shotgun to do what can be accomplished with one shot from a crossbow. Actually it should be the other way around.

I have not changed the shotgun from vanilla. If I feel it is too under powered once I get to actually using one I may rebalance it slightly and I will keep what Oni said in mind about the slugs vs buckshot if and when I do.

If anything, the devs actually screwed up the buckshot, they reduced its spread down to a fraction of what it was, you can almost snipe at medium range with it. I would personally change buckshot to have a much wider spread. Its an up close and personal weapon without slugs.

Hey Orange,

Did you change the wandering, day and night hordes? I have been in constant siege by big wandering (not-heat) hordes (10-15 zombies per wave, 3-5 waves) since last update (haven't played alot in the last 10 days). I am in ingame day 9. Last alpha I played on max spawn and these waves were way smaller. It also seems that I get a horde attacking me when I login.

Might all just be a coincidence, but was wondering what is happening.

Hey Orange,

Did you change the wandering, day and night hordes? I have been in constant siege by big wandering (not-heat) hordes (10-15 zombies per wave, 3-5 waves) since last update (haven't played alot in the last 10 days). I am in ingame day 9. Last alpha I played on max spawn and these waves were way smaller. It also seems that I get a horde attacking me when I login.

Might all just be a coincidence, but was wondering what is happening.

This is a spawning bug in A14.5, it should be fixed by moving to the experimental build or you can roll back to A14.4 and that will fix the spawning issue as well.

I am currently working on updating the mod for A14.6 Experimental Build, once that is done I suggest playing on the Experimental build becasue it seems to have a lot more fixed that any other version of A14 and it will also in turn help the devs find and fix bugs at the same time if you happen across any.

This is a spawning bug in A14.5, it should be fixed by moving to the experimental build or you can roll back to A14.4 and that will fix the spawning issue as well.

I am currently working on updating the mod for A14.6 Experimental Build, once that is done I suggest playing on the Experimental build becasue it seems to have a lot more fixed that any other version of A14 and it will also in turn help the devs find and fix bugs at the same time if you happen across any.

Expected you to be on it already :p

Can you fix the sham sandwiches aswell, i lose 9-10 wellness for eating one. Food is much rarer (which I really like), so I had to resort to a nice green sandwich a few times.

Update (4/15/16)

Updated to A 14.6 Experimental!

Important!

You must update your game to A 14.6 Latest Experimental Branch!

This is more stable and fixes more bugs than A14.5 Stable version!

All Files were updated!

Fixed wellness penalty for eating sham sandwiches, moldy bread, and rotting flesh

Notes:

I have reworked some changes that TFP made in A14.6 that I did not approve of:

In vanilla A 14.6 they changed how long zombie bodies stayed on the ground to up to 5 minutes from 1 minute! these zombie bodies would destroy after being looted allowing you to close the loot window to retrieve the discarded loot without loot timers!

This also counted towards enemy entities present on the map which cause issues with hordes not being able to spawn properly. Yet they call this an intended mechanic! (They stay on the ground for 5 Minutes! not very well thought out mechanic IMO)

I changed them back to 1 minute and the loot timer can no longer be exploited, this was an important game mechanic that made you want to hurry if you wanted any loot, it put you in harms way at times and it could not be exploited by abandoning the loot timer!

My changes to the zombies also fixes the total entity count issue that causes hordes to not spawn properly!

They also changed animal bodies to stay for up to 5 minutes from 2 minutes!

I changed them back to 2 minutes his was an important game mechanic that made you want to hurry if you wanted to harvest the animals before they were gone! and it also put you in harms way at times!

I also removed the animal butchering sound from the Fireaxes!

Update (4/16/16)

Updated for both Experimental and Stable versions

+Items

Reduced wellness penalty for canned food from 0.5 to 0.15 since it is now a lot more rare to find

All drinks now cure burning buffs (Except grain alcohol)

Added negative wellness to beer (same as coffee) since they are both craftable

Added large negative wellness to consuming rotting flesh

+Buffs

Fixed food poisoning wellness loss to now last for 120 seconds and only reduce wellness by 2 points

Update (4/16/16)

Updated for both Experimental and Stable versions

+Items

Reduced wellness penalty for canned food from 0.5 to 0.15 since it is now a lot more rare to find

All drinks now cure burning buffs (Except grain alcohol)

Added negative wellness to beer (same as coffee) since they are both craftable

Added large negative wellness to consuming rotting flesh

+Buffs

Fixed food poisoning wellness loss to now last for 120 seconds and only reduce wellness by 2 points

Just a small heads up, in my game I can only place a mold by dragging it and than right clicking on the mold slot (instead of left clicking like everything else)

This is what I'm getting upon launch:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiFromXml.U (System.Xml.XmlNode , .XUiController , .XUiWindowGroup , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiFromXml.C (System.Xml.XmlNode , .XUiWindowGroup , .XUiController , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiFromXml.U (System.Xml.XmlNode , .XUiController , .XUiWindowGroup , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiFromXml.C (System.Xml.XmlNode , .XUiWindowGroup , .XUiController , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiFromXml.J (.XmlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiFromXml.Load (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.O (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+IJ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+QM.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Just a small heads up, in my game I can only place a mold by dragging it and than right clicking on the mold slot (instead of left clicking like everything else)

Ok I will look into it thanks for posting!

EDIT: Ok I fixed the issue with the molds for the smithing table and the forge! But you do have to drag and drop them manually due to the fact that I had to change how they were working with the UI.

Update (4/16/16)

Both Versions

+Recipes

Reduced the cost to make omnigel

Added recipe to make omnigel from small stones

+Loot

Changed chicken coop now gives 1 random seed to help facilitate growing all crops again and removed the femur since they are now so abundant and easy to get from gore blocks

Archived