A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

but I have some plans for changing roaming hordes to be larger and a few other tweaks but I also have plans for other things like quests that I keep putting off due to fixing and balancing as I go through my playthrough.

Quests!? Say no more. I will stop bothering you with stupid requests for unbearable hordes and worthless trinkets.

Quests!? Say no more. I will stop bothering you with stupid requests for unbearable hordes and worthless trinkets.

Lol well you can always make suggestions there is no harm in that, and the only issue with the quests is that all of my ideas require a new game restart in order for them to be active because they will be new quest chains that get granted to you at the start of the game, so I have been holding off for now but I will get to them I promise. :)

I wanted to do a playthrough video for you anyway and I happen to have Tuesday off, so I might as well start with quests. So you can see how idiots play it. What do you think?

Loool, you are probably better at it than me, if you want to watch an idiot I have a link on the main post for my LP, it would be cool to see a video if you decide to make one, make sure to let me know if you do so I can check it out! :)

PS. I am working on some quests right now but they probably wont be ready till tomorrow or the next day.

Update (4/24/16)

Both Versions!

This is a fairly large update, I have added 37 new quests, these quests will only be available if you start a new game.

It is imperative that when doing quests on workstations, you must not leave the workstation and you must watch the item finish crafting in order for the quest objective to be completed!

Almost all quests that are completed at a workstation now open up a new quest chain, so you must occupy the workstations in order for the new quest chains to be activated!

+Quests

Added new starter quest chain "Humanity's Last Hope", you will be given a news report at the start of the game that will unlock this new quest chain.

Global Warning!

The C.D.C. is officially announcing a world wide epidemic!

The Scientists at the C.D.C. have released this statement, An unknown virus has swept over the nations overnight, we suspect a possible biological terrorist attack, although the origins of the virus are unknown, what we do know is that there is no cure, it has a 100% mortality rate and the bodies of the deceased are returning to life, driven by an unknown force that induces a bloodthirsty rage.

We are beyond quarantine, we are beyond help and we are beyond hope!

Added A Hard Choice quest to kill 100 zombies "The merciful killings"

Added Time heals all wounds quest to kill 500 zombies "It becomes easier with time"

Added A taste for blood quest to kill 1000 zombies "Emotionally numb, you no longer stop to think about your actions and accept your fate."

Added killin's as easy as breathing quest to kill 5000 zombies There may be some hope left after all...

Added Strait as an arrow Quest chain, each section of this quest chain is unlocked through the various weapon crafting quests

Added Strait as an arrow 1/2: unlocked with craft a wooden bow quest

Added Crossbow Crafting quest: Once completed unlocks Strait as an arrow 2/2

Added Armored To The Core quest chain, each section of this quest chain is unlocked through the various armor crafting quests

Added How thick is your hide?: Stage 1 of Armored To The Core quest chain, unlocked with craft hide armor quest:

Added Tough as leather: Stage 2 of Armored To The Core quest chain, unlocked with craft leather armor quest

Added So you think you can scrap: Stage 3 of Armored To The Core quest chain, unlocked with craft scrap armor quest

Added Military grade: Stage 4 of Armored To The Core quest chain, unlocked with craft military armor quest

Added Iron maiden: Stage 5 of Armored To The Core quest chain, unlocked with craft iron armor quest

Added Join The Club quest chain, each section of this quest chain is unlocked through the various weapon crafting quests

Added Join The Club 1/5: Unlocked with craft Wood Club quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Wood Club

Added Join The Club 2/5: Unlocked with craft Iron Club quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Iron Club

Added Join The Club 3/5: Unlocked with craft Barbed Club quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Barbed Club

Added Join The Club 4/5: Unlocked with craft Sledgehammer quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Sledgehammer

Added Join The Club 5/5: Unlocked with craft Spiked Club quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Spiked Club

Added Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em quest chain, each section of this quest chain is unlocked through the various weapon crafting quests

Added Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em 1/2: Unlocked with craft hunting knife quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a hunting knife

Added Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em 2/2: Unlocked with craft machete quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a machete

Added Firearm Assembly quest chain, unlocked at the start of the game

Added Pistol Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added SMG Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added Shotgun Assembly 1/2 unlocked at the start of the game requires to assemble a sawed-off shotgun

Added Shotgun Assembly 2/2 unlocked at the start of the game requires to assemble a pump shotgun

Added Magnum Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added Hunting Rifle Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added AK47 Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added Sniper Rifle Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added Rocket Launcher Assembly unlocked at the start of the game

Added Itchy Trigger Finger quest chain, each section of this quest chain is unlocked through the various firearm assembly quests

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 1/9, unlocked with Pistol Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Pistol

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 2/9, unlocked with SMG Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a SMG

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 3/9, unlocked with Shotgun Assembly 1/2 quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Sawed-off Shotgun

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 4/9, unlocked with Shotgun Assembly 2/2 quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Pump Shotgun

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 5/9, unlocked with Magnum Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Magnum

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 6/9, unlocked with Hunting Rifle Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Hunting Rifle

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 7/9, unlocked with AK47 Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a AK47

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 8/9, unlocked with Sniper Rifle Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Sniper Rifle

Added Itchy Trigger Finger 9/9, unlocked with Rocket Launcher Assembly quest: Requires you to kill 50 zombies with a Rocket Launcher

+Items

Added news report quest item

Added miscellaneous crafting skill group to Small Engine

+Localization

Added localization for News Report quest item

+Localization - quest

Added localization for all added quests

+Spawning

Increased size of roaming hordes

Update (4/25/16)

+Items

Changed Nailgun can no longer upgrade blocks to steel

Added Advanced Nailgun that will upgrade blocks to steel (its the same recipe cost and perk unlock as the regular nailgun)

+Progression

Added Advanced Nailgun is now unlocked with Stage 4 Tool Crafting (Same as regular nailgun)

+Localization

Added localization for the Advanced Nailgun

+Recipe

Added Advanced Nailgun Recipe (Same recipe as the regular nailgun)

+Mods\ACPIcons\ItemIcons

Added Advanced Nailgun Custom Icon

Update (4/26/16)

Both Versions!

+Recipes

Rebalanced recipe for Bread now costs 3 flour and 1 bottled water and gives 10 food 0.5 wellness and is no longer overpowered

Rebalanced recipe for Blueberry Pie now costs 2 eggs and 2 blueberries and 1 flour and gives 10 food and 0.5 wellness and is no longer overpowered

Okay, a little bit of feedback from my side. I know, I said I will do a playthrough video and actually I did, but that's 6h long and 80 gig big, nobody's gonna watch that. Is there a good tool to time lapse and compress that?

But now to the feedback:

• There's an Iron Table which has no description, if I am not mistaken. At first I mistook it for the Smithing Table. Which is 100 Iron lost and that hurts in the beginning.
  • The scythe is super awesome. I like it so much. Thank you for that.
  • Basic Survival Quest 6 (i guess) has you gather/place/upgrade 50 wooden frames. However, the workbench is at a much later stage in the Basic Survival quest chain.
  • Can Sham Sandwiches be turned into compost?
  • The Bedroll quest is buggy. It requires you to gather 50 planted Cotton, whereas any wild growing will do as well to craft a bedroll. So I still haven't completed that quest although my bedroll is placed.
  • How long does it take for the composter to complete a cycle? It seems more than a day to me? And how long does it take for food (corn, potatoe, tomatoe, etc.) to grow? I think I read a day but again it seems longer? Or is it 60 minutes? Because I am on a 50 minutes day.
  • Thank you for adding dogs to the day 7 horde. :) It took me quite by surprise when I was on the ground next morning and wanted to clean up.
  • The airplane makes no sound, but a guess that's A14.6e problem not a CP problem, right?
  • Vitamins don't do anything anymore. I gulped down a dozen or more with no effect.
  • You should add ink to loot. I found about 30 research papers but can't use them as I don't have enough blueberries (and with that growth cycle it will be several weeks before I have enough to spare them on ink).
  • I think gas cans are not part of a perk, are they? I've seen grain alcohol and biofuel but no gas can recipe anywhere.
  • One thing I've noticed: As canned food is more or less poisonous now and there are no books gating recipies, I rarely walk into cities. I do it to look for a suitable rooftop and maybe a missing weapon part but aside from that. Just an observation. Maybe that will change later in the game (currently day 15, level 35).
  • The "Kill x zombies" quests are a lilttle too far apart. 100 zombies is doable but 500? That's too big a step. I did 100 on day 6 or so. Now I am at 150 (+100 from the previous quest) at day 15 and I don't shy away from killing hordes. If I continue that way I will have completed said quest on day 40 or so.

That's all that I have noticed so far. Please don't take it as negative criticism. I am really enjoying the mod (otherwise I wouldn't play it).

Okay, a little bit of feedback from my side. I know, I said I will do a playthrough video and actually I did, but that's 6h long and 80 gig big, nobody's gonna watch that. Is there a good tool to time lapse and compress that?

But now to the feedback:

• There's an Iron Table which has no description, if I am not mistaken. At first I mistook it for the Smithing Table. Which is 100 Iron lost and that hurts in the beginning.
  • The scythe is super awesome. I like it so much. Thank you for that.
  • Basic Survival Quest 6 (i guess) has you gather/place/upgrade 50 wooden frames. However, the workbench is at a much later stage in the Basic Survival quest chain.
  • Can Sham Sandwiches be turned into compost?
  • The Bedroll quest is buggy. It requires you to gather 50 planted Cotton, whereas any wild growing will do as well to craft a bedroll. So I still haven't completed that quest although my bedroll is placed.
  • How long does it take for the composter to complete a cycle? It seems more than a day to me? And how long does it take for food (corn, potatoe, tomatoe, etc.) to grow? I think I read a day but again it seems longer? Or is it 60 minutes? Because I am on a 50 minutes day.
  • Thank you for adding dogs to the day 7 horde. :) It took me quite by surprise when I was on the ground next morning and wanted to clean up.
  • The airplane makes no sound, but a guess that's A14.6e problem not a CP problem, right?
  • Vitamins don't do anything anymore. I gulped down a dozen or more with no effect.
  • You should add ink to loot. I found about 30 research papers but can't use them as I don't have enough blueberries (and with that growth cycle it will be several weeks before I have enough to spare them on ink).
  • I think gas cans are not part of a perk, are they? I've seen grain alcohol and biofuel but no gas can recipe anywhere.
  • One thing I've noticed: As canned food is more or less poisonous now and there are no books gating recipies, I rarely walk into cities. I do it to look for a suitable rooftop and maybe a missing weapon part but aside from that. Just an observation. Maybe that will change later in the game (currently day 15, level 35).
  • The "Kill x zombies" quests are a lilttle too far apart. 100 zombies is doable but 500? That's too big a step. I did 100 on day 6 or so. Now I am at 150 (+100 from the previous quest) at day 15 and I don't shy away from killing hordes. If I continue that way I will have completed said quest on day 40 or so.

That's all that I have noticed so far. Please don't take it as negative criticism. I am really enjoying the mod (otherwise I wouldn't play it).

• I use sony vegas pro for editing and rendering my videos and its easy to use.

• I will look into the table descriptions

• The Basic survival 6 quest chain does not require you to craft the frames at a workbench they can be looted from the workign stiffs as well so no direct relation to those two quests

• I will make a recipe for sham sandwiches to be turned into compost

• Make sure that your "gather" quest objectives turn green before you craft anything otherwise you will have to go back and gather the resources even after you have crafted and placed down the bedroll.

• This mod is balanced for 60 minute 24hr cycles and it takes approximately 3 in game days or 180 real time minutes for the composter to be ready for harvest.
    It will also take 3 in game days for plants to grow if they are fertilized, if they are not fertilized they will take 2 times longer.

• I did not change the 7 day hordes, dogs show up in those hordes after day 14 I believe
    I only increased the size of the roaming hordes to a max size of 50, if you use max spawn settings you will get up to 75

• The airplane is a vanilla issue

• Vitamins no longer give you direct wellness, they give you a hidden buff that gives you 1 wellness over 24/hr period so they can not be spammed, you take 1 a day to keep the doctor away.

• I may consider adding ink to loot but that choice was intentional that you have to put the work and time in, in order to be able to craft the skill books.

• Gas cans are made at the workbench and do not require unlocking since you can pick up gas barrels and craft them down to get gas without needing to unlock anything.

• I have buffed canned food recently to only be a small wellness decrease of -0.15 so its not so bad to eat but it is meant as a last resort.

• I may look into reducing the zombie kill requirements for the initial starting quest but wanted it to be along term goal at the same time.

No worries about criticism that is how things get balanced properly and fixed if needed.

Thank you for the feedback!

Sorry :p I will do so in the future. Anyways your mod is epic. I only have quick question? Are you going to make it so players can make a mini bike and fuel with more ease? I don't like scrapping cars because I am ocd ... and I don't know I am looking to not travel on foot forever. As many times as I have tested rebuilt and such servers it is a nightmare. Maybe seperate from your epically rebalanced modpack?

Sorry :p I will do so in the future. Anyways your mod is epic. I only have quick question? Are you going to make it so players can make a mini bike and fuel with more ease? I don't like scrapping cars because I am ocd ... and I don't know I am looking to not travel on foot forever. As many times as I have tested rebuilt and such servers it is a nightmare. Maybe seperate from your epically rebalanced modpack?

Yeah I am planning on adding a way to craft everything for the minibike through perk unlocks very soon so you wont have to scrap cars.

I am happy that you like the mod and thank you for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/28/16)

Both Versions!

+Blocks

Added description key to Rusty Iron Table

Added description key for Smithing Table

+Recipes

Added Compost recipe from 2 sham sandwiches

+Localization

Added description key for Rusty Iron Table

Added description key for Smithing Table

+Quests

Changed A Hard Choice quest now requires you to kill 10 zombies instead of 100

Changed Time heals all wounds quest now requires you to kill 100 zombies instead of 500

Changed A taste for blood quest now requires you to kill 500 zombies instead of 1000

Changed killin's as easy as breathing quest now requires you to kill 1000 zombies instead of 5000

Quest rewards for the above mentioned quests were also adjusted accordingly

+Localization - Quest

Changed localization for the above mentioned quests

Can you release a version of this mods where the zombies don't run when they aren't suppose to or see me from a mile away? That is something I feel the funpimps did right. Oh yeah and can you re add the survivor skill tree or equivalent?

I cant change the distance at which the zombies see you, that is hard coded and I have not changed any zombies speeds they move at the same speed as they would in vanilla.

And sorry but I am not going to be adding the survivor perk to this mod or up-keeping another version sorry.

• I will look into the table descriptions
  • I will make a recipe for sham sandwiches to be turned into compost
  • Make sure that your "gather" quest objectives turn green before you craft anything otherwise you will have to go back and gather the resources even after you have crafted and placed down the bedroll.
  • This mod is balanced for 60 minute 24hr cycles and it takes approximately 3 in game days or 180 real time minutes for the composter to be ready for harvest.
    It will also take 3 in game days for plants to grow if they are fertilized, if they are not fertilized they will take 2 times longer.
  • Vitamins no longer give you direct wellness, they give you a hidden buff that gives you 1 wellness over 24/hr period so they can not be spammed, you take 1 a day to keep the doctor away.
  • I may consider adding ink to loot but that choice was intentional that you have to put the work and time in, in order to be able to craft the skill books.

• Thank you for adding the description to the tables and sham sandwich recipes. They keep stacking in my food container for real emergency situations. Which might have ocurred during the first days but not anymore. So finally I have a use for them.

• Speaking of descriptions: the "a pill a day keeps the doctor away" should go into the Vitamins descriptions. Also it says somewhere that vitamins remove dysentery. I poped them after accidentally drinking water from a lake, but the dysentery remained.

• As for the bedroll quest: I had collected more than 50 cotton. I think the xml says planted cotton. And since I planted and harvested them I can see a count against the total. However, I will double check.

• 3 days for a composter, eh? Well, then I will need to build a third one.

• I will be switching to 60 minutes day periods now, so I won't be out of sync with the plants anymore. :)

• Mushrooms, Yucca and Aloe Vera can't be harvested with a scythe, hoe, or machete.

• Thank you for adding the description to the tables and sham sandwich recipes. They keep stacking in my food container for real emergency situations. Which might have ocurred during the first days but not anymore. So finally I have a use for them.

• Speaking of descriptions: the "a pill a day keeps the doctor away" should go into the Vitamins descriptions. Also it says somewhere that vitamins remove dysentery. I poped them after accidentally drinking water from a lake, but the dysentery remained.

• As for the bedroll quest: I had collected more than 50 cotton. I think the xml says planted cotton. And since I planted and harvested them I can see a count against the total. However, I will double check.

• I will be switching to 60 minutes day periods now, so I won't be out of sync with the plants anymore. :)

• Mushrooms, Yucca and Aloe Vera can't be harvested with a scythe, hoe, or machete.

Ok I will fix the vitamins description next update, and yes they dont cure dysentery anymore you have to drink goldenrod for that.

You are probably crafting cloth with the cotton before you collect all 50 or something either way you can just track the quest and complete the parts that are not completed to finish it. Most likely all you have to do is finish collecting the cotton. I have completed that quest on multiple occasions and have also had to go back and re-collect the cotton to complete the quest due to me crafting cloth with the cotton before I had all 50.

Mushrooms, Yucca and Aloe can be harvested with the scythe I have been harvesting them in my Let's Play series without any issues.

The hoe obviously is not for harvesting though.

Munchermanjz's Tiered construction

Hey,

I came across this really great idea by Munchermanjz about tiered construction, and thought it would be so great if anyone would make a mod like this (or even better make it part of the game). I'm not a modder myself, so I would not know how to go about making something like this happen, but instead I thought I'd bring the idea across to the best and most interesting modders around. I don't know if you would be interested in this and if it would be possible, but if you want to check it out, the link to the thread is here:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40482-Tiered-construction-basis-following-trends-TFP-seem-to-be-following-already&

I think it adds a lot of depth to the game and adds to slowing down progression, which is something I personally think the game really needs. Currently I find myself with end game tools and weapons way too quickly.

I thought this idea deserved more attention, and I hope some of the really great modders in here, and the devs for that matter, will give it a thought.

Just so you know, the sham sandwich can be used to make moldy bread for antibiotics. Unless its been changed.

Hey,

I came across this really great idea by Munchermanjz about tiered construction, and thought it would be so great if anyone would make a mod like this (or even better make it part of the game). I'm not a modder myself, so I would not know how to go about making something like this happen, but instead I thought I'd bring the idea across to the best and most interesting modders around. I don't know if you would be interested in this and if it would be possible, but if you want to check it out, the link to the thread is here:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40482-Tiered-construction-basis-following-trends-TFP-seem-to-be-following-already&

I think it adds a lot of depth to the game and adds to slowing down progression, which is something I personally think the game really needs. Currently I find myself with end game tools and weapons way too quickly.

I thought this idea deserved more attention, and I hope some of the really great modders in here, and the devs for that matter, will give it a thought.

It is an interesting idea however I feel my mod already accomplishes this by having everything unlocked through perks that you need by leveling up certain skills as it is.

My mod extends the late game perfectly, if you have not played my mod you should give it a try and you will see what I am talking about.

You will have tough choices to make weather you invest into one skill or another.

I will continue to think on the idea in the thread you linked and maybe I can come up with some ideas but no promises.

Mushrooms, Yucca and Aloe can be harvested with the scythe I have been harvesting them in my Let's Play series without any issues.

Well, I can only tell you what is happening on my end. I hit my planted mushrooms with a scythe and yes, they can be harvested but unlike corn, wheat, etc. it takes 200 hits to harvest the mushroom.

You were right about the bedroll quest and the cotton though. I should have paid attention. That's also why I doubled checked with the mushrooms and the above is the result.

Archived