A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Ok after a bit of thought and testing I decided I will incorporate a Scythe

Excellent. :D I am so looking forward to testing it.

Another idea that came to me recently is a molotov cocktail. (Actually I am thinking about the entire siege/trap situation.) It could be used to bestow the burning buff to a group without the loud bang that summons screamers. Especially good when crawlers keep stacking at a corner while rotating like crazy. You can't get a proper angle on them with a gun or bow.

It could be made using [biofuel, grain alcohol || gas], and cordage, making it rather expensive so people don't throw them left and right.

But that is just a thought at the moment. Do you think it will imbalance the game?

Excellent. :D I am so looking forward to testing it.

Another idea that came to me recently is a molotov cocktail. (Actually I am thinking about the entire siege/trap situation.) It could be used to bestow the burning buff to a group without the loud bang that summons screamers. Especially good when crawlers keep stacking at a corner while rotating like crazy. You can't get a proper angle on them with a gun or bow.

It could be made using [biofuel, grain alcohol || gas], and cordage, making it rather expensive so people don't throw them left and right.

But that is just a thought at the moment. Do you think it will imbalance the game?

Molotov would be a fine idea but the issue is I dont think I can make a thrown item apply a buff. I have tried to create a Molotov but without success thus far. The problem is that it has to light an area on fire or at least give off a flame effect of burning rather than an explosion, that flame affect would then have to cause the buff to be applied. So I just dont think it is possible, If I can figure out a way to do it I might add it but for now pipe bombs are going to have to do. :)

The problem is that it has to light an area on fire or at least give off a flame effect of burning rather than an explosion, that flame affect would then have to cause the buff to be applied. So I just dont think it is possible, If I can figure out a way to do it I might add it but for now pipe bombs are going to have to do. :)

What about Campfires? When run they apply the Warm buff to anyone nearby. Could that be a possible start?

Or is it possible to apply a buff on contact? I fire a molotov at anyone zombie that gets set on fire. Any zombie getting in contact with the first one will also catch fire and so on. Since they tend to form small groups this could emulate an area effect. Need to find a proper timer though for the spreading of the contagion to end.

What about Campfires? When run they apply the Warm buff to anyone nearby. Could that be a possible start?

Or is it possible to apply a buff on contact? I fire a molotov at anyone zombie that gets set on fire. Any zombie getting in contact with the first one will also catch fire and so on. Since they tend to form small groups this could emulate an area effect. Need to find a proper timer though for the spreading of the contagion to end.

The problem I am finding is that I can only achieve this through a weapon that shoots a projectile, I could maybe make a Molotov launcher for eg, but its still not what I want since I cant make it explode into flames on contact or light an area on fire for zombies to walk through and get burned.

There is already flaming arrows so it really makes it pointless to do it that way especially since it wont look right or work right and will be hack job of a way of doing it. The fire area affect buff comes from a block and I dont think I can throw and item and have it morph into a block on contact either otherwise that could work sort of.

I have a couple ideas to test out but honestly I am not holding my breath.

Update (4/22/16)

Both Versions!

+Blocks

-Added tool harvest code for 50% increased crop harvesting while using the Scythe and Machete right click

-Added plantedChrysanthemum3HarvestLarge and will now yield 2 Chrysanthemum when harvested (3 Chrysanthemum when harvested with a scythe or machete right click)

-Changed plantChrysanthemumGrowing now grows into plantedChrysanthemum3HarvestLarge instead of plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest

-Changed all crop plant destroy codes to be consistent

+Items

-Added item description keys for all mod added items

-Changed scythe will now degrade slower with higher quality

-Changed scythe will now grant 50% bonus yield when harvesting crops

-Changed machete right click will now grant 50% bonus yield when harvesting crops

+Localization

-Added item name keys for all mod added items

-Added item description keys for all mod added items

-Added item name keys for all mod added blocks

+Recipes

-Changed Chrysanthemum Seed recipe now yields 1 seed per Chrysanthemum

How do you make fertilizer besides turds? Unless we can make turds :D

Also what is compost for?

Thanks for the awesome mod and the clarification on the versions. I was wondering why there was so many zombies in our game haha.

Edit: An observation. To make iron arrows you need level 60 in tool smithing. This seems a bit excessive. Especially considering by the time I get 60 in tool smithing we will probably have much better weapons/ammo. It makes since to have steel arrows at this level as they compete with other weapons/ammos.

Also what does the Tool_Smithing_Skill recipe/Tool mining book do?

How do you make fertilizer besides turds? Unless we can make turds :D

Also what is compost for?

Thanks for the awesome mod and the clarification on the versions. I was wondering why there was so many zombies in our game haha.

Fertilizer is made directly from turds and plant fibers and turds can only be found in toilets.

Compost is used for upgrading the composter, the composter turns into a lootable container over time after it is upgraded, once it is lootable you will receive fertilizer after the composter is done composting the compost. It takes 20 Compost to upgrade a composter and you will receive 20 fertilizer once it is done.

You upgrade the composter same as you do with the plants by holding the compost in your hands and clicking the composter. Make sure you have 20 in your hand otherwise it wont upgrade.

Make sure the composter is outside and has access to sunlight for it to "grow", it can be placed on any surface just has to be outside or have access to sunlight.

You can also use rotten flesh at the Omnigel Station to turn it into compost as well at a 2:1 ratio.

You can check out my Let's Play series as well since it showcases almost all features currently.

You are welcome! Really happy you like the mod! :)

Thanks for the reply.

An observation. To make iron arrows you need level 60 in tool smithing. This seems a bit excessive. Especially considering by the time I get 60 in tool smithing we will probably have much better weapons/ammo. It makes since to have steel arrows at this level as they compete with other weapons/ammos.

Also what does the Tool_Smithing_Skill recipe/Tool Smithing book do?

Thanks for the reply.

An observation. To make iron arrows you need level 60 in tool smithing. This seems a bit excessive. Especially considering by the time I get 60 in tool smithing we will probably have much better weapons/ammo. It makes since to have steel arrows at this level as they compete with other weapons/ammos.

Also what does the Tool_Smithing_Skill recipe/Tool Smithing book do?

You dont "need" lvl 60 tool smithing to make iron arrows, you only need lvl 10 gun smithing which I was going to change to (Ranged Weapon Smithing) but figured it can stay the way it is at least for now, and you have to find the tool and die set from working stiffs crate, this give the player a chance to seek out the tool and die set but at the same time if you can not find one then you can eventually make one yourself with lvl 60 tool smithing so your not totally boned if you are unlucky.

All the books that are added only award experience towards their specific skill, they do not unlock anything directly they just help you level up your skills so you can unlock stuff with points.

You dont "need" lvl 60 tool smithing to make iron arrows, you only need lvl 10 gun smithing which I was going to change to (Ranged Weapon Smithing) but figured it can stay the way it is at least for now, and you have to find the tool and die set from working stiffs crate, this give the player a chance to seek out the tool and die set but at the same time if you can not find one then you can eventually make one yourself with lvl 60 tool smithing so your not totally boned if you are unlucky.

ya I realize this, but to me it does not make since that I can forge iron weapons/tools but I cannot make a iron arrow head until much later on granted if I get lucky then I can make them but tbh I have a better chance of finding a good gun before I find a tool and die set. If anything it should require a avail. I am not even sure why you would need a tool and die set to make iron arrows. Idk I just like to build all my own stuff I use and be self sustainable. At this point though there is no chance in my games for see-able future that I will get iron arrows, which just did not make since.

All the books that are added only award experience towards their specific skill, they do not unlock anything directly they just help you level up your skills so you can unlock stuff with points.

Ok that is what I thought I just did not notice a change in my skills when I read it.

ya I realize this, but to me it does not make since that I can forge iron weapons/tools but I cannot make a iron arrow head until much later on granted if I get lucky then I can make them but tbh I have a better chance of finding a good gun before I find a tool and die set. If anything it should require a avail. I am not even sure why you would need a tool and die set to make iron arrows. Idk I just like to build all my own stuff I use and be self sustainable. At this point though there is no chance in my games for see-able future that I will get iron arrows, which just did not make since.

The idea is that you need a tool and die set to drill out the arrowhead for the shaft of the arrow, but after giving it a lot of thought I will make some adjustments and make it easier for people to craft the iron arrows since they are gated too heavily.

Update (4/23/16)

Both Versions!

+Items

Changed skill book experience gains to now require exactly 2 books to increase a skills level by 1

+Recipes

Changed all arrows and crossbow bolts no longer require a tool to craft

+Progression

Changed level scaling to be linear instead of exponential.

What this means exactly is that it now costs a flat amount exp to level your character level all the way to lvl 200 instead of it increasing in experience needed, same goes for skills.

This will only make a very tiny difference in the amount of experience needed to level up and will only be kind of noticeable at high levels but not really.

The main reason for this change is so it will always take 2 skill books to level up any skill no matter how high of a level you are, thus maintaining the value of the skill book no matter what level you are or what level of skill you have.

Changed Steel Smithing perk to now unlock the Steel Arrow Head, Steel Arrow and Steel Crossbow Bolt

Changed Crossbow Crafting perk now only unlocks the Crossbow

+Localization

Changed Crossbow Crafting description

Players told me they cannot craft Gas Cans. I checked and the recipes are there in the Workbench, but they have a greyed out book. Regarding the files there is no recipe to learn, so in theory it should be unlocked from the start, but it isn't.

Server files and also the client files (downloads for my players) are up to date. What we are blind for?

Players told me they cannot craft Gas Cans. I checked and the recipes are there in the Workbench, but they have a greyed out book. Regarding the files there is no recipe to learn, so in theory it should be unlocked from the start, but it isn't.

Server files and also the client files (downloads for my players) are up to date. What we are blind for?

You probably need to unlock Chemical Crafting stage 2 Biofuel, also I just looked and my gas can recipe does not have a greyed out book or anything and can be crafted with gas barrels or biofuel and grain alcohol but you have to unlock the Chemical crafting to be able to craft the biofule and grain alcohol but if you loot it or spawn in the grain alcohol or biofuel you can still craft the gas cans with it.

Update (4/23/16)

Both Versions!

+Blocks

Changed redWoodMaster to have the same repair cost and harvest amount as a normal wood block

Added Misc Crafting skill to a couple master blocks

Removed weights from faucets since I have now created recipes for them they will have a calculated weight of 25 from those recipes

+Recipes

Added over 200 aesthetic block recipes!

Added recipes to craft ALL aesthetic blocks to the Misc Crafting Table

Added sofa02 and chair04 recipe to the workbench (nice looking sofa and chair for you guys to check out!)

All recipes have been perfectly balanced based off of their material and HP

changed redwood blocks to require the same amount of wood as regular wood blocks

update (4/23/16)

Both Versions!

+Blocks

cobblestoneRamp: Fixed cobblestone ramp will no longer rotate when being upgraded to concrete

Commented out mesh and model and changed shape to Wedged

<block id="1042" name="cobblestoneRamp">
<property name="Material" value="Mcobblestone" />
<property name="Shape" value="[color="#FFFF00"]Wedged[/color]" />
[color="#FF0000"]<!--<property name="Mesh" value="opaque" />
<property name="Model" value="wedge" />-->[/color]
<property name="Texture" value="26" />
<property class="UpgradeBlock">
	<property name="ToBlock" value="concreteRamp" />
	<property name="Item" value="concreteMix" />
	<property name="ItemCount" value="10" />
	<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />
</property>
<property class="RepairItems"> <property name="cobblestones" value="10" /> </property>
<drop event="Harvest" name="rockSmall" count="8" />
<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="8" />
<drop event="Fall" name="destroyedStone" count="1" prob=".75" stick_chance="1" />
</block>

+recipes

Added cobblestoneRamp recipe requires 10 cobblestones

Commented out cobblestoneFrameRamp

Do not craft Cobblestone Ramp Frames! They will rotate when being upgraded to concrete if they are positioned upside down

Update (4/23/16)

Both Versions!

+Blocks

I decided to allow easy relocating of dew collectors and chicken coops due to their high resource costs, I figured since you have invested in them and wish to relocate them there is no reason not to be able to do that, especially if you are like me and place them in a funny position. :)

Changed Dew Collector can now be destroyed into itself for transporting it elsewhere

Changed Chicken Coop can now be destroyed into itself for transporting it elsewhere

Update (4/23/16)

Wow, your keep pushing update after update. I guess evil never sleeps. lol

But thank you for those. Everytime I place one of those two they come out in a different angle than I had wanted. It's good they can be replaced.

Wow, your keep pushing update after update. I guess evil never sleeps. lol

But thank you for those. Everytime I place one of those two they come out in a different angle than I had wanted. It's good they can be replaced.

Lol your welcome! :devilish:

I know I dont understand why but they always seem to get placed in a random position regardless of how you rotate them.

Update (4/24/16)

+Blocks

Fixed Chicken Coop will now be place in the proper rotation as you define it

Still working on a solution for the dew collector position placement since it is a different system

+Items

Fixed Exploit Chicken Feed can no longer be used to repair blocks

Fixed Exploit Fertilizer can no longer be used to repair blocks

In the name of making it difficult to survive: roaming zombie bear horde? (Well, maybe not in the first week) I got that from the pimp dreams forum.

Lol no that is either too dangerous since they have such high HP you cant be expected to take them out and if you have steel spikes you will just be gifted way too much leather but I have some plans for changing roaming hordes to be larger and a few other tweaks but I also have plans for other things like quests that I keep putting off due to fixing and balancing as I go through my playthrough.

Archived