V1.1 b4 EXP

19 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

What are you talking about?  And have you modded your game? 

Server owners such as myself were able to apply Trader Protection to lobbies and such in the past to prevent any damage, this was removed in A21

7 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Need some new paints, 19 were removed how about some new ones. Where's Gracie? Also would like more damaged blocks!

They removed paints??? Oh man, I missed that! What did they remove (and I hope it isn't any good ones 😐 )

10 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

They removed paints??? Oh man, I missed that! What did they remove (and I hope it isn't any good ones 😐 )

the crates with Ammo Meds Etc and a few others

8 hours ago, joshwa0816 said:

I don't go through steam but steamdb

That's why I told you about Stem, I got an error with Steamcmd with app_update 294420 validate, I tried to download an alpha, but it always came out v.1 giving me errors, I did it directly from the Steam server and without problems

17 hours ago, joshwa0816 said:

Why is the dedicated server on 1.1 stable? I can't download v1.0 I did a reinstall to fix something and now I have to opt into experimental to join and yes I did "app_update 294420" and not "app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental"

I deleted the entire folder and downloaded the server twice.

They have said to try -beta public .  Others have said it works.  Give it a shot.

7 hours ago, TWORDY said:

Would be cool to insert some custom graphics with old icons instead of barebone text.

Although I see the appeal for that, I would really rather have paints that are usable in more places than just on crates.  Since they don't want to increase the total number of paints available, removing those and adding (I hope they intend to add them) some more paints that can be used for walls, floors, etc. would be a better use of paints, imo.  We are so limited on paints right now, that everything feels like the same thing.  More variety would be really nice.

Wonderful to have 2 screamers show up at the start of a infested clear quest and they start screaming on the other side of this POI along with 3 radiated cops plus other zombies...the stupid cops spit and blew up the two vehicles nearly killing me and about destroyed all of the tents and some of that loot. by the time I killed the cops there were 2 more screamers, I spent around 20 minutes just killing the zombies called/woken up by the screamers. I don't mind the screamers it's the fricking cops that spit right away that are are and major pain in the A$$. at least the loot down below was not destroyed.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.08.07 - 21.23.17.36.png

4 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

Wonderful to have 2 screamers show up at the start of a infested clear quest and they start screaming on the other side of this POI along with 3 radiated cops plus other zombies...the stupid cops spit and blew up the two vehicles nearly killing me and about destroyed all of the tents and some of that loot. by the time I killed the cops there were 2 more screamers, I spent around 20 minutes just killing the zombies called/woken up by the screamers. I don't mind the screamers it's the fricking cops that spit right away that are are and major pain in the A$$. at least the loot down below was not destroyed.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.08.07 - 21.23.17.36.png

Pff! Nothing like going fir loot only to get tons of visitors. Rn I'm stuck at the pass and gas plaza cuz I'm looking for a new home

I really wish screamers were disabled while actively doing T4 - T6 quests. Unloading 30 SMG rounds after mostly doing melee, then all of a sudden there's 50 zombies 3 floors below you because screamers have infrared vision and you're barely getting 10-15fps.

@faatal Since you're working on RWG stuff, maybe this is something you handle?  It seems the new intro quest for buried treasure only works if there is a wilderness area near the trader.  If there isn't, then the trader will not give you this quest and so will not give you any quests at all.  Your only option is to go to another trader who has wilderness nearby or else mod the game to remove or change the intro quest so it doesn't have this problem.  Now, I know this isn't going to be a problem in RWG and so it's a low priority, but there are a lot of people who like mega city maps and this intro quest basically makes those maps impossible to do quests on unless the traders are on the very edges of the maps or you only spawn at the edge of the map next to a trader that's at the edge of the map, or you have to make sure you have a square or two of wilderness next to each trader in the center of such a mega city.  None of those is ideal, though I'll admit they can be done.

What I'd like to suggest and see if maybe it's something that could be considered is to have a fallback/failsafe for that intro quest, where if there isn't any location available for the quest, it will either 1) skip the quest and just give you regular quests, or 2) allow the dig location to be on town tiles so you can dig within the city itself.  These options would only occur if there aren't any normal places available for the quest.  It would really be a big deal if it didn't prevent you from doing any quests at all if there isn't wilderness near the trader.

*Note that maybe it's isn't that wilderness is required (I'm not positive if that's a requirement), but regardless of the reason, if it can't find a place for the quest, there should be some way to skip that and just start getting regular quests rather than being stuck without quests until you find a trader that can give you that initial quest.

Thank you for considering this.

It would be nice to have an option to disable the introductory quest. I went to the merchant on the 3rd or 4th day, already having some weapons. A reward in the form of some kind of junk made from pipes is just a waste of time.

8 hours ago, Suxar said:

It would be nice to have an option to disable the introductory quest. I went to the merchant on the 3rd or 4th day, already having some weapons. A reward in the form of some kind of junk made from pipes is just a waste of time.

It would be nice for 

Trader stock days

Inflation (Increase or decrease cost) 

Zombie spawn difficultly setting (increase zombie spawn like ferals during the day) 

Wild life spawn setting (day, night both) 

Wild life spawn % 

Zombie spawn % 

Ammo spawn setting 

Food spawn setting 

Junk spawn setting 

Weapon spawn setting 

Armor spawn setting 

3 hours ago, Mando said:

Any feedback on this? I believe this is more critical compared to POI having non match block painting. 

Yeah, because the ones fixing POIs are the same ones that fix bugs in the game code. Come on now. Nothing wrong with wanting an issue to be fixed, but having an attitude about it doesn't help anything.

3 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Yeah, because the ones fixing POIs are the same ones that fix bugs in the game code. Come on now. Nothing wrong with wanting an issue to be fixed, but having an attitude about it doesn't help anything.

I'm not having an attitude; I'm just being critical about POI painting while the "release" version still have lots of bugs which is expected. 

The game came down this far, previous version (A21) was fine about those bugs, game got released with major problems, vehicles got "fixed" as far as I can tell, and this respawn and deathloop issue is silly. 

Apart from that I have nothing to point out negatively about the game at this stage, 1.0 complete change the game for better, I can see the improvements in performance and graphics, and I am still loving it. 

3 hours ago, Mando said:

Any feedback on this? I believe this is more critical compared to POI having non match block painting. 

what i would like to know is... What pve player thought it would be a good idea to have one option on spawn death? The death loop is a real problem and issue for pvp servers because--- if a player kills another player that peScreenshot_2024-07-26_194131.webp.d8143c08ccd3c1865b11e1260bd83a98.webprson spawns within earshot of the killer..... After the person gets killed because of this it can cause him/her to go into this loop which can lock them out of game. Very nasty bug that needs fixed for sure. OF COURSE IF YOU DONT PLAY PVP ODDS ARE YOU WOULDN'T ENCOUNTER THE PROBLEM THAT OFTEN. but yeah those pve players are loving life only having to go 50m to a backpack after death........

3 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

what i would like to know is... What pve player thought it would be a good idea to have one option on spawn death? The death loop is a real problem and issue for pvp servers because--- if a player kills another player that peScreenshot_2024-07-26_194131.webp.d8143c08ccd3c1865b11e1260bd83a98.webprson spawns within earshot of the killer..... After the person gets killed because of this it can cause him/her to go into this loop which can lock them out of game. Very nasty bug that needs fixed for sure. OF COURSE IF YOU DONT PLAY PVP ODDS ARE YOU WOULDN'T ENCOUNTER THE PROBLEM THAT OFTEN. but yeah those pve players are loving life only having to go 50m to a backpack after death........

I hate to say this but that's the first time that I'm going to agree with you on something. 

1 minute ago, Mando said:

I hate to say this but that's the first time that I'm going to agree with you on something. 

But still, the range isn't the problem here, but the deathloop it's crazy as we both know very well. 

5 minutes ago, Mando said:

I'm not having an attitude; I'm just being critical about POI painting while the "release" version still have lots of bugs which is expected. 

And that is an ignorant way to think. You think any fixes the POI makers have should just not be put into a release until all the other bugs you deem more important are fixed? What sense does that make? You do realize the ones fixing the POIs are not the ones that are trying to fix code related bugs? I'm sure as soon as they have a potential fix for these death issues they will put them into the next EXP release as quick as they can. But that doesn't mean other parts of the game can't get fixes in as well in the meantime...

1 minute ago, bdubyah said:

And that is an ignorant way to think. You think any fixes the POI makers have should just not be put into a release until all the other bugs you deem more important are fixed? What sense does that make? You do realize the ones fixing the POIs are not the ones that are trying to fix code related bugs? I'm sure as soon as they have a potential fix for these death issues they will put them into the next EXP release as quick as they can. But that doesn't mean other parts of the game can't get fixes in as well in the meantime...

Chill dude, fix is a fix.