V1.1 b4 EXP

15 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

ive already stated what the problem is and how it happens, making bedrolls invulnerable does not solve the issue. Think about it for a sec.. if your on a pvp server and someone kills you....you spawn naked.... guess what? you spawn next to the person who is still holding a gun and kills you again... after a couple times of this happening the person who is being killed goes into the death loop,

ummmm

then dont play pvp?

if you want to play pvp with mates make it private

if you want to go pvp vs the world, the world is full of a##holes, suck it up buttercup

if your mate does this sort of bs, spit in his beer when he aint looking

1 hour ago, LEXXIUS said:

Just to clarify, do these POI fixes apply to newly generated custom worlds or do they also apply to the pregen worlds when starting a new save?

The POI updates will work in any new save, including on pregen.  The only reason they wouldn't would be if they changed the POI size or removed a POI.  Other than that, new POI won't be in such maps because they are new and those maps would need to be updated to have access to the new POI.  And if a POI has something like districts changed, those changes will not be reflected in a map that isn't updated because the POI are already placed in specific locations.  But these changes are mostly about opening doors and that will work in new saves without a problem.  In fact, those should work in existing saves if the POI gets reset from a quest or the chunk it is in gets reloaded.

6 hours ago, Roland said:

This is the truth because the main problem is not with the game. One of your own solutions was to enable fixed spawn points. All that happens then is the death loop continues when players find the spawn points and camp them. This is a player mentality issue. The PvP players on your server have no desire for fairness or sportsmanship. When someone spawns in naked they should be allowed to depart and have time to recover. Any microscopic amount of sportsmanship (or even basic empathy) would prevent players on your server getting their kicks killing naked respawning players over and over and over.

As long as you allow players like that on your server they will find a way to camp spawn points no matter where they are. If they can find the bedroll they can find the fixed spawn point if TFP enabled such a thing. Fix your server rules and manage the rule breakers and enforce fair play practices and you'll get way more mileage than relying on new spawning rules because I agree with you 100% --> DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU SPAWN....THE DEATHLOOP WILL HAPPEN.

This is a misunderstanding. We are right now talking about deaths because of camping because I asked them a question.  But the issue starting the conversation seems to be a bug, a death loop NOT induced by other players.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

PVP players in 7dtd are like people who want to drive fast really really bad. Then buy an 20 year old barrel of a car which cant go faster than 30 and then start complaining to the manufacturer that the car doesnt drive as fast as a ferrari.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

This is a misunderstanding. We are right now talking about deaths because of camping because I asked them a question.  But the issue starting the conversation seems to be a bug, a death loop NOT induced by other players.

Then I missed the description of what they meant by death loop. How is the player dying over and over if they aren’t being shot by other players as soon as they respawn back to the vicinity where they died before? How does this death loop bug occur in PvP but not solo or cooperative play. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, Roland said:

Then I missed the description of what they meant by death loop. How is the player dying over and over if they aren’t being shot by other players as soon as they respawn back to the vicinity where they died before? How does this death loop bug occur in PvP but not solo or cooperative play. 

i explained earlier, it would he highly unlikely a pve player would encounter this issue since another player isn't killing them. I even posted the science how respawns work in this game. The death loop is a real bug it almost is as game breaking as the old spawn on other players bedroll bug at death was.

Edited by Grandpa Minion (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

i explained earlier, it would he highly unlikely a pve player would encounter this issue since another player isn't killing them. I even posted the science how respawns work in this game. The death loop is a real bug it almost is as game breaking as the old spawn on other players bedroll bug at death was.

I read that. So the player is spontaneously dying repeatedly?  They aren’t being killed multiple times by another player?  Instead of saying “death loop” could you describe what is happening?  From what you’ve written you make it sound like the person is getting killed by other players over and over and if this isn’t the case then you should describe exactly what is happening. I don’t think I’m the only one who read what you wrote and understood it to mean other players are killing newly respawned players over and over especially since you say non PvP players wouldn’t experience it. How much time after respawn does it take for the player to die again? Is it immediate or do they see their health deplete? Can they move or are they frozen? 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I read that. So the player is spontaneously dying repeatedly?  They aren’t being killed multiple times by another player?  Instead of saying “death loop” could you describe what is happening?  From what you’ve written you make it sound like the person is getting killed by other players over and over and if this isn’t the case then you should describe exactly what is happening. I don’t think I’m the only one who read what you wrote and understood it to mean other players are killing newly respawned players over and over especially since you say non PvP players wouldn’t experience it. How much time after respawn does it take for the player to die again? Is it immediate or do they see their health deplete? Can they move or are they frozen? 

the pvp community calls it a death loop because when a person gets the bug it well freeze them out of game they cant do anything, best thing i could compare the effect to is when a person used to fall in the abyss and it would lock them out. An admin could fly over there and see the person bouncing up and down like a rubberband so the nickname death loop prob started than by the pvp community, For the current death loop easiest way to trigger it is by being killed from another player, when a player trys to respawn the killer kills him again before person has fully loaded in which triggers it. There are other ways of triggering as mando said but to me the easiest way to reproduce it is what i just said.

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

the pvp community calls it a death loop because when a person gets the bug it well freeze them out of game they cant do anything, best thing i could compare the effect to is when a person used to fall in the abyss and it would lock them out. An admin could fly over there and see the person bouncing up and down like a rubberband so the nickname death loop prob started than by the pvp community, For the current death loop easiest way to trigger it is by being killed from another player, when a player trys to respawn the killer kills him again before person has fully loaded in which triggers it. There are other ways of triggering as mando said but to me the easiest way to reproduce it is what i just said.

It would be best if you (or @Mando ) added this information to the bug report. If there are other ways the bug occurs, list them as best as you can, with as much detail as possible.

For example it would be interesting to know if there has to be at least two deaths in fast succession or if the bug occurs even with a single death. Anything that is common to all occurences of the bug is valuable information that would massively decrease the time until a fix turns up.

On 8/14/2024 at 6:37 AM, Roland said:

This is the truth because the main problem is not with the game. One of your own solutions was to enable fixed spawn points. All that happens then is the death loop continues when players find the spawn points and camp them. This is a player mentality issue. The PvP players on your server have no desire for fairness or sportsmanship. When someone spawns in naked they should be allowed to depart and have time to recover. Any microscopic amount of sportsmanship (or even basic empathy) would prevent players on your server getting their kicks killing naked respawning players over and over and over.

As long as you allow players like that on your server they will find a way to camp spawn points no matter where they are. If they can find the bedroll they can find the fixed spawn point if TFP enabled such a thing. Fix your server rules and manage the rule breakers and enforce fair play practices and you'll get way more mileage than relying on new spawning rules because I agree with you 100% --> DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU SPAWN....THE DEATHLOOP WILL HAPPEN.

Read what I said and look at my report lol

17 hours ago, meganoth said:

It would be best if you (or @Mando ) added this information to the bug report. If there are other ways the bug occurs, list them as best as you can, with as much detail as possible.

For example it would be interesting to know if there has to be at least two deaths in fast succession or if the bug occurs even with a single death. Anything that is common to all occurences of the bug is valuable information that would massively decrease the time until a fix turns up.

Will keep adding more info there, that's for sure.

Edited by meganoth
flaming (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Mando said:

Will keep adding more info there, that's for sure.

You know what you should do? You and Mando should record each other "death-looping" yourselves and post it here. 

Edited by meganoth
quote of a flame (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Arez said:

You know what you should do? You and Mando should record each other "death-looping" yourselves and post it here. 

Sorry man, the comment wasn't for you. But I have a report about it. I will keep feeding that 

Edited by meganoth
flaming (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Mando said:

Sorry man, the comment wasn't for you. But I have a report about it. I will keep feeding that 

I know that, but to be honest with you, I wasn't initially 100% sure what the problem was. For whatever reason it sounded like an issue of someone spawn-camping. But now I can see that it's a lot worse than that. It looks as if you can respawn, be alive even for a decent amount of time and then die out of nowhere. 

I wonder if it's an issue caused by latency. Something like this would happen to my friend when we were playing peer to peer, with me as host and him playing over 2000 miles away. He would get killed, respawn and then die again for no reason. 

I rarely play without being host or on a server, but recently I have done both, and it's not a good experience. The networking needs a lot of work. As disappointing as it eventually became, Evil Dead the Game had amazing network coding. I would play on servers in Europe from the West Coast of the US and I could barely notice a difference. Whatever Saber Madrid did, it was pretty darn impressive. 

On 8/15/2024 at 5:03 PM, Arez said:

I rarely play without being host or on a server, but recently I have done both, and it's not a good experience. The networking needs a lot of work. As disappointing as it eventually became, Evil Dead the Game had amazing network coding. I would play on servers in Europe from the West Coast of the US and I could barely notice a difference. Whatever Saber Madrid did, it was pretty darn impressive. 

Yes, the network code needs a serious overhaul. Teleporting vehicles and being thrown out by the merchant are sometimes very annoying.

8 hours ago, Suxar said:

Yes, the network code needs a serious overhaul. Teleporting vehicles and being thrown out by the merchant are sometimes very annoying.

I thought this was an isolated incident for my server but I guess not after reading both of these comments. There's definitely problems with the network and whatever they changed from a21

They had mentioned hiring programmers specifically to help the network side of things back around A20 IIRC. But it doesn't feel like things have gotten any better in that regard, maybe gotten a bit worse actually.

Would be great to see some of these...

1. larger gore piles selection

2. More paint selection (seeing as how 19 were removed)

3. Damaged curved pieces for the 3m and above

4. Fix the Netcode or update it!

5. Put the ability to choose colors for player names back in

6. Bring back the Trader Protection that was previously removed!

7. Add the Gracie model in

8. Add a briefcase for the zombie businessman 

9. Add the ability to Melee with a weapon if you are being attacked while reloading

10. Add a fire extinguisher model to the game for decor

11. More letter sizes to select from (lower case)

Edited by HB_H4wk (see edit history)

On 8/21/2024 at 5:41 PM, Reaper77 said:

Just curious as to when v1.1 will be out on "Stable" release? I know it's still in "Experimental" but is there a planned date for the 1.1 Stable release? ..... Thanks

The answer to that is probably among the lines of "When most of the reported bugs were squashed and / or when it's ready"

Edited by [xTC]Moon (see edit history)

On 8/15/2024 at 1:01 AM, Adam the Waster said:

Nhiều cấp hơn để làm cho tiến trình dài hơn sẽ luôn luôn tốt đẹp

I also wish that the DRONE can be retrieved somehow because now that it is lost, it is a waste!