A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Most variations of items or blocks start with a master item. In this case, handmaster is the base for all of the hands in the game. Below it is handplayer if you wanted to increase your own punching damaging. Below that is handzombie, handzombie02, and so on and so forth. There is a line under each one that is damageblock which controls how much damage to a block they do each swing. So if handzombie had a damageblock of 20 and a door had maxdamage of 200, it would take 10 hits to destroy it. If you don't see a damageblock line then that means that particular creatures hand is using the value set by handmaster. If you download the xml fixes, I think there is the item xml which would have the original values. You could also, look in the materials xml to see what kind of damage each type of material can take and make your own judgment. You could also copy a block or door that you like the look of and make a new one that can take a lot more damage. That way your base can be more secure while going out looting can still be nerve racking with them busting in from all over.

Most variations of items or blocks start with a master item. In this case, handmaster is the base for all of the hands in the game. Below it is handplayer if you wanted to increase your own punching damaging. Below that is handzombie, handzombie02, and so on and so forth. There is a line under each one that is damageblock which controls how much damage to a block they do each swing. So if handzombie had a damageblock of 20 and a door had maxdamage of 200, it would take 10 hits to destroy it. If you don't see a damageblock line then that means that particular creatures hand is using the value set by handmaster. If you download the xml fixes, I think there is the item xml which would have the original values. You could also, look in the materials xml to see what kind of damage each type of material can take and make your own judgment. You could also copy a block or door that you like the look of and make a new one that can take a lot more damage. That way your base can be more secure while going out looting can still be nerve racking with them busting in from all over.

I understand, do you happen to know which XML file it is exactly? Not sure if it's the XML in the directory, or MODS or DATA

I found it, i compared vanilla with the mod, and apparently zombies...just have always done 20 dmg per hit to all blocks (probably higher or lower dependin gon hardness, didn't see if there was some kind of Hardness modifier in there). I don't remember that at all. I remember old games where I would have fully reinforced steel walls be able to last an entire night without suffering too much damage from the blood moon, but now i see a single zombie kind of easily break through concrete. Maybe my perceptions off.

"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling."

But what is truth? Is truth unchanging law?

We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?

- P. Pilate, Trial Before Pilate / 39 Lashes, JCSS :02.47-tranquillity:

• 2 weeks later...

no saw or blowtorch spot on workbench

So we are on our second play though on valmod overhaul on my rented server and all of a sudden there is no place to put a saw or blowtorch in the workbench. We logged out logged back in restarted the server and nothing. Not sure what is wrong. The only difference is we have the Valmod bigger backpack installed this time around. Both client sides have the Valmod overhaul. Anyone have this probem and know of a fix for it? I really do not want to reinstall the Overhaul again because then it means having to contact the server and having them do the modifications for the bigger backpack since a couple of the specific files I am not allowed to modify.

So we are on our second play though on valmod overhaul on my rented server and all of a sudden there is no place to put a saw or blowtorch in the workbench. We logged out logged back in restarted the server and nothing. Not sure what is wrong. The only difference is we have the Valmod bigger backpack installed this time around. Both client sides have the Valmod overhaul. Anyone have this probem and know of a fix for it? I really do not want to reinstall the Overhaul again because then it means having to contact the server and having them do the modifications for the bigger backpack since a couple of the specific files I am not allowed to modify.

I have the exact same problem. Where is the workbench defined anyway?

Edit: Found it.

My server is hosted on PingPerfect, and there was/is a bug in the bigger backpack-mod for val there. The windows.xml was messed up for the workbench (and one other one). Edited by hand.

Updated Mac install steps for Valmod Overhaul (works in 7D2D Alpha 16.4)

1. locate the 7DTD.app... <truncated>

NOTE: these are updated instructions for installing the Valmod Overhaul on a Mac. After playing the mod on Windows/PC I wanted to see if I could get it to work on my Mac.

> I am running Mac OS 10.13.5 on a 2013 iMac, 27", 3.5 GHz i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

> Link to download the Overhaul Mod: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack

> Obviously the biggest credit/thanks is to TFP for a great game.

> Thanks to Valmar for creating a really fantastic and fun mod.

> Credit to the OP "narimbur" and the post on how to install this on the Mac in the first place: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack&p=556496&viewfull=1#post556496

1. I would recommend you copy the entire 7 Days To Die folder found in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/ to a separate location in case something goes wrong.

2. Locate the 7DaysToDie.app. Standard Steam install location on the Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die

3. Right-Click on the 7DaysToDie.app and choose "Show Package Contents"

4. Inside the .app are two folders: "Contents" and "Data".

4a. Go to "Data" and open it. In a second window open the "Valmod-Overhaul-master" folder.

4b. Drag all files from Valmod-Overhaul-master "Config" folder to the "Config folder inside 7DaysToDie.app/Data, overwrite all files.

4c. Do the same with the "Prefabs" inside Valmod-Overhaul-master; overwriting the files inside 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Prefabs

5. Go back to: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die (the folder where the 7DaysToDie.app is located).

5a. Now drag the "Mods" folder from "Valmod-Overhaul-master" into the 7 Days to Die folder so the "Mods" folder is next to the 7DaysToDie.app now. Keep all folders that are inside the "Mods" folder in place (this is a change from the OP's instructions)

NOTE: At this point, if you launch the game, Valmod should run but with many missing UI elements (white fields/red question marks in the UI), because the SMX-Links from the original Valmod files do not work on the Mac, so you have to edit a few references in the 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config/XUI folder.

6. The OP provided a link to the modified .xml files, unfortunately they were from an older version so would not work with the latest Valmod version. But, HUGE thanks because those files helped me identify what to change to the latest versions to make them compatible.

7. You will be working with the "controls.xml" & "windows.xml". You can open them in TextEdit on the Mac. Always work on a copy!

7a. In "controls.xml" (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config/XUi/controls.xml), search for "@file:Mods\SMX\UITextures". Replace all instances (I only found 1) with "Mods/SMX/Textures/Toolbelt/"

7b. In "windows.xml" (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config/XUi/windows.xml) search for "@file:Mods\SMX\UITextures". Replace all instances (I found 10) with "Mods/SMX/UITextures/"

8. As with the OP, I have not yet determined how to get the "Bigger Backpack Mod" to work on the Mac. It would be cool to get it working though!

I hope these instructions are helpful to someone; thanks again to Valmar and narimbur and TFP.

my server is hosted on Gameservers. So what did I need to do fix the Windows.xml. I am generally pretty good working with xml files. I Pulled up the windows.xml file. Trying to figure out what I need to change or look for. I see two windows.xml in the two different XUi folders

I have the exact same problem. Where is the workbench defined anyway?

Edit: Found it.

My server is hosted on PingPerfect, and there was/is a bug in the bigger backpack-mod for val there. The windows.xml was messed up for the workbench (and one other one). Edited by hand.

I found it! it was located in XUi and just had to copy and paste from the original download the line that included the torch and the saw on the Workbench Definition under windows.xml.

So for anyone wondering to fix your workbench go in to Windows.xml under XUI and add this line. This should fix it from only having the paper rack to having all 3.

required_tools="handSaw,weldingTorch,paperRack" required_tools_only="true">

• 2 weeks later...

Is there still a Artisan Decor Station or craft-able electrical lights?

I have combed through a great many posts, tested and fiddled with the config files, and I can not find the Artisan Decor Station.

I rent a BlueFang server for 2 people, I have the lasted Valmod Expansion (both server side and client side) and 7dtd is also up to date.

What this lost in an update, removed, put somewhere else?

Just posting here because I've been talking about it with some of the other modders.

If Valmar doesn't come back for A17, I'm going to try and update this mod so it'll work. I won't be changing anything or adding anything... just getting it working. :)

Since I feel we wouldn't have a modding community without all of his work and contributions, I wanted to do my part to keep Valmod alive.

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD Day KhaineGB

I'm GLAD to read that you want to keep the Valmod alive …. I will look forward to it and I do miss using this one as much as I Played it .. ( YOU could say Valmod was the Father of modding For 7 Days to Die community in a way with ALL his Great Mods )

BUT REAL LIFE Issue's come FIRST as far as I'm concern

Thank you for your support and Your Great mod also .. The Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Anyone wanna help a brother out? I've been struggling trying to get a third forge input slot and move down the outputs without effecting the outputs of other workstations. But to no avail. Adding an extra row to the input has been doing nothing, and trying to add a new window value specifically for the forge output just makes the output disappear when I point the xui.xml to it. I'm scratching my head and about to give up. Any help would be appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

Looking To Play

Hi all. I'm an avid Zombie Survivalist within the Valmod World & am looking to

join an active Server. Most of them I've seen are pretty Zombified of Players.

I am looking to possibly bring another Survivor or two with me & am looking

for a PvE Server that is a decent group of people. The more wildlife, the better.

I'll just leave this here & see if there are any takers. Thanks.

Archived