A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi everyone,

My server is experiencing something a bit odd with Valmod, as follows...

1) A player who ran with the Builder class to start with, could successfully create a Workbench. Now, after playing the game for a period of time, the ability to create the Workbench is no longer there for him. If I hold all the materials, I can create it OK. If I pass exactly the same materials to him, he cannot.

2) Between us, we've skilled up in various trees to the point where he has the Nailgun recipie and I now have the Auger and Chainsaw. However, he cannot search for and find the Nailgun recipie either in his own tradeskill area or via the Workbench.

3) For the Auger and Chainsaw, all I can find is the ability to create the Auger Blade or Chainsaw Blade but the details of either seem to imply its actually the Auger and Chainsaw (Blade + Repair Kit + Steel). We don't yet have Steel so can't confirm if these do create the final item or not.

Any ideas/suggestions? Sorry, I've tried to search both here and online elsewhere but its a real struggle to get any information back.

Should note, the server and all clients accessing it have the Valmod Expansion files deployed and in the case of the Workbench seemingly no longer being there to create, the files have been recopied back into his client with no effect.

Great mod, makes the game SO much better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Valmod expansion installed then bbm on top.

ERR [XUi] Global style key 'yellow' not found! -- hierarchy: -> windows -> window (windowBackpack) -> panel (header) -> label

ERR [XUi] Global style key 'gold' not found! -- hierarchy: -> windows -> window (windowBackpack) -> panel (header) -> sprite (costicon)

I just installed Valmod on my PingPerfect server and it looks like I'm missing a few graphics files...

Anyone have a solution to this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25102[/ATTACH]

You should install the mod locally, not only on the server.

This mod requires some graphics from the client-side.

• 3 weeks later...
Survivor Journal pages are quest challenges. You find them in the same locations you find any other challenges. Bookcases, zombies, trash. Anywhere. The item you found to start the quest is actually what you need. Its kind of like the cookbook challenge. Though you dont have to do the quest if you dont want to. Its just another way of getting a survivor combination. Those you can find on corpses (not dead zombies, actual corpses).

The survivor combination is used to unlock a survivors briefcase - which is only found in Suspicious Stumps (not normal stumps). They have no more or no less of a chance of spawning in snow biome. I'm not sure why people assume the snow biome is the best place to find them. I guess its just because they're easier to spot.

Where do the survivor notes spawn? I have the quest but need the pages now which since corpses no longer spawn in 7 Days it's kind of a let down that these briefcases are being found in treasure chests now as well, but no way to get inside of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's hoping for an update for A17. It's already in experimental, and from what I've experienced so far I can already tell you that Valmod's flavor of gameplay/added content would make for a near perfect experience overall.

Hopefully it's being worked on! I'm unsure if you could begin making the framework based off the experimental build to get a head-start, but. Either way! Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope so. I would much rather he do it, than me try to and ♥♥♥♥ it up. :D

I actually have about 85% of it done :rapture: with a few twists and lots of additions. Only thing I am not touching is the UI due not know how to really handle that part since well Wellness isn't a thing anymore.

Archived