A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Specialized Weapon Part Issue? Disappearing?

Hello,

We're playing Valmod with BBP, Compo, etc - and just got multiple reports of items disappearing.

IE: Trying to make a silenced SMG, or putting a high powered scope on a weapon causes the specialized item to disappear. They would using the specialized item to 'assemble' and that caused that item to disappear. I've just tried multiple times to reproduce this but haven't yet. Anyone else experience this?

I did a little testing in Creative and found if you make a Cross using 16 metal blocks[scrap frames for example, with 320 "max load"] and cover them with a 15x15 platform of catwalks [only 4 weight but 40 max load.] ONE pillar can support all of this weight! if each of the four load bearing joints on the pillar have a load of 320, that's 1280 total. 16x20+ 225x4 ends up being 1220 "load" so there's technically 64 "load" left over, since the center pole doesn't actually count. is this the most efficient design, or most durable? far from it! but it's a lesson in structures. so if all you want is a "patio" of sorts and open real estate is your goal. then what i can tell is using a mixture of the strong metal's weight bearing but offsetting with the nimble cat walk's light weight is a good mix.

What brings me to Valmor's Illustrious presence is when I hypothesised that if a "simple arch" bridge of metal frames could span 32 blocks, with some cat walks? i calculated that if I used metal cat walks and then swapped 2 of the metal i could instead use TEN wood. at the midpoint. excanging a distance of 4 for 20. however, I quickly found there's actually a DISTANCE cap in the game. even if I take several of the metal catwalks away I CANNOT exceed the distance that a pure metal arm or "spar" could reach. even though the weight says it should.

So i'm wondering where the FEK it says you can't build a static distance from any supported object, and if that can be modified.

Because expanding an unsupported "bridge" from 32 to 48 is a pretty neet idea! imagine a sky bridge with pillars almost FIFTY meters apart! zombies wouldn't know what to do!

i know a lot of this research doesn't have a lot to do with Valmod gameplay, but ValMar, and the rest of us here, know the .XML's better than even the Devs I'd wager! so if there's info or understanding on that dilemma of build distance from structure I'd get the info from here.

And if nothing else, my research into making larger platforms with fewer supports is hopefully apreciated.

Oh and for an extra tip on building platforms, using the "poles" in a 2x2 configuration , makes for a very beefy "pillar" that's actually 4 pillars wide, yet thinner than a full block. I like to do that, and space my clusters 4 blocks apart. to make a remarkably sturdy raised platform with excceptionally robust ground support, while still being high flow, which allows zombies to pass between the pillars without getting stuck and knocking them over. [i"m just amazed I've not seen any youtubers or tutorial guys showcase this tactic.] I"ve seen the "dual plate hover platform though...but zombies will still hit that.]

you can add them back in as i have posted previously, but Valmar has stated a bit above that they now are the reward from finding and completing the quest "Survivor's Journal 1/2" from the item "challengeSurvivorJournal" which can drop like other Valmod Quests.

Sorry for being dense. I have close to 300 hours in (ValMod, currently day 112 of a second run) and this is extremely confusing. I have 5 briefcases. I have a quest that says I need to find 5 Survivor journal pages. I found first in week one. I have OCD. I open EVERYTHING. I have a base of thousands of items. I have NEVER found and Survivor Journal pages. In any run through.

(And I have reviewed everything I could Google find for 7 Days to Die Valmod survivor journal in various combinations/permutations)

?

Had a snoop through the XML for you. They do exist, but only seem to drop off zombies.

That was kind of you to do that. Thank you. (I really need to learn to do it myself.) 5,896 zombies this run. 4500+ zombies previous run. I recover 95%+ of zombie loot. Never had one. I'll take a look at xml's as well. (not because I don't believe you. Because you have given me a starting point. And maybe, I'l start a new game - with modded xml - just so I can get my hands on one of those dang survivor notes!)

Can I get some help?

first off i love the mod. we are using the 7D2D mod loader. we keep getting this error and i am not sure what to make of it.

2018-03-13T18:29:20 1993.590 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MeshUnsafeCopyHelper.CopyTangents (.ArrayListMP`1 _source, UnityEngine.Mesh _mesh) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VoxelMesh.YZ (UnityEngine.Mesh , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VoxelMesh.CopyToMesh (UnityEngine.MeshFilter[] _mf, UnityEngine.MeshRenderer[] _mr, Int32 _lodLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ChunkGameObject.RZ (Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ChunkGameObject.CreateFromChunkNext (System.Int32& _startIdx, System.Int32& _endIdx, System.Int32& _triangles, System.Int32& _colliderTriangles) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ChunkManager.WQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ChunkManager.CopyChunksToUnity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

later i found these errors when i broke a wood spike trap.

2018-03-14T10:18:10 1883.359 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

at MeshUnsafeCopyHelper.CopyTangents (.ArrayListMP`1 _source, UnityEngine.Mesh _mesh) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VoxelMesh.YZ (UnityEngine.Mesh , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 , .ArrayListMP`1 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VoxelMesh.CopyToMesh (UnityEngine.MeshFilter[] _mf, UnityEngine.MeshRenderer[] _mr, Int32 _lodLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ChunkGameObject.CreateFromChunkAll (System.Int32& triangles, System.Int32& colliderTriangles) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-03-14T10:18:13 1886.507 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

at ChunkGameObject.CreateFromChunkAll (System.Int32& triangles, System.Int32& colliderTriangles) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2018-03-14T10:18:16 1888.916 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

2018-03-14T10:18:17 1890.608 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

2018-03-14T10:18:19 1892.303 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

2018-03-14T10:18:21 1894.013 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

2018-03-14T10:18:21 1894.316 ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64819) != tangents.Count (0), MeshIdx=0 TriIdx=65715

they appear to be the same.

Questions about some issues I am having.

So first and foremost I love Valmod! I am really enjoying the skill system and not having progress stuck behind a lucky drop. Also the ability to scrap books into skill points is fantastic!

I am having 2 issues though and I am not sure if it is a problem in the core game or something else.

1. I have had 4 minibikes go missing now in 20 game days. I know this is a vanilla problem also, so am not sure if there is a fix or anything, but it is quite annoying, especially when you have valuable things in the basket. For now I disassemble my bike before logging off of each session.

2. Twice now when logging in I have had the engines inside my generator disappear from existence. Some of them were 500 plus and quite annoying to have them gone like that.

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know if there are fixes or if it is just the way things are for now.

Thank you!

Anyone else getting this error when using Bigger Backpack?

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\UMATextures\TraderCaitlin_0_d.png".

https://pastebin.com/XS6A8ppz

I have a feeling you need to update you're vanilla files and then reload Valmod. Apparently those are for the 'new' as of yet 'unannounced' traitor.

As for your 2nd post - maybe reinstalling would help that.

Anyone else getting this error when using Bigger Backpack?

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\UMATextures\TraderCaitlin_0_d.png".

https://pastebin.com/XS6A8ppz

This error should be easy to fix. The game is trying to place that file in a directory that doesnt exist. Just create the UMATextures folder in your data folder at the path it is looking at and the error should go away.

Valmar,

Sorry to bother you but you're the one person to ask.

In your mod collection, have you modded store shelving into a container?

I can find little on it in searches. I looked at trying it myself but there's some variation in containers, which leaves me unsure what I can do.

We have a bunch of prefabs using the store shelving but if I want to leave something for a group to find, I have to use a cardboard box. I don't think all store shelving should be containers. A shelving clone container would be useful.

I'm sure you've already looked at this. Is there a problem getting a decoration changed to a container?

btw - nice collection of mods

SPEAKING OF HATS ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ed streaming thought. always one more thing. for some reason the FULL FACE iron helmet allows eyes and face armor, but the STEEL which is a reskin of the scrap, blocks eye slot. is it possible to unblock steel helmet from preventing eyes and face as well? eyes especially cause that's where night vision goggles, and LED visor go. thanks a ton!

I guess this was never fixed??

EDIT: You can trick it into wearing both at the same time by equipping them (wear) while looking into an inventory (crate)

Cabinet tops

A friend of mine plays this mod,and she is trying to make some cabinet tops,but she cant figure out how.

I havent played this mod in a long while,and i cant remember where it is gated,so any help would be very appreciated.

Thx in advance

UI Mod change

not sure if this is the right place to ask this but im using a combonation of valmod and simple ui plus what im wondering is i want to use the fuel gauge type bars for health and stamina from valmod but i have no idea what to change to accomplish that and was wondering if someone in here could kinda walk me through what files and lines i need to change to use those

thank you,

vedaire69

I finally got it took a little it though

Valmod's farming

I run a valmod game with a friend and we love it!

Question thought:

-When farming it seems some plants work as intended when you punch them they replant. However my friend who was testing this said that harvesting (punching) aloe vera when its ready to be harvested doesn't replant it. Can anyone verify this?

Archived