A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Recipes not working!

Hey, i've used previously the Valmod expansion and now i'm going for the Overhaul. The only problem is that the custom recipes i want to add in(not originally from Valmod) simply doesn't work! I've checked ids and everything else, there's no conflict. How can i make them work? They simply doesn't appear. The items/blocks can be found on the creative menu, only the recipes are not showing up.

Bug with tool smithing.

There is a bug that if your tool smithing skill is higher than the required level for it, you will craft 0 durability tools.

This can happen in valmod if you level up your toolsmithing and then use the survivor perks putting your toolsmithing one level higher causing you to craft 0 durability tools until you reach the required level for that level of toolsmithing. This might be more of a game bug though.

Recipes not working!

Hey, i've used previously the Valmod expansion and now i'm going for the Overhaul. The only problem is that the custom recipes i want to add in(not originally from Valmod) simply doesn't work! I've checked ids and everything else, there's no conflict. How can i make them work? They simply doesn't appear. The items/blocks can be found on the creative menu, only the recipes are not showing up.

Well - your recipes should have been added after Overhaul was installed. Not only 'your modded' blocks.xml but the recipes.xml too. Unless you've added them by hand. You should use a valid xml editor like Notepad++ and not 'windows notepad', etc. cause it can cause issues. Since they're in the 'creative menu' blocks - then that part should be fine. You should try taking one block out using the creative menu and actually 'check' to see if it functions correctly - if so then you know for sure that the blocks.xml is good.

At this point it seems like the Recipes.xml is 'corrupt'/'bad' because of something. Using Notepad++ or some other xml editor you should review your modifications to see if for example that entire block of your mods are 'commented out.' WIth Notepad++ it shows commented out lines as green!

Make sure that the recipe and items reference the proper recipe and items. IE: Your recipes should reference parts that are listed within items.xml. But then again you have 'blocks' so... It should be fine but double/triple checking at times is the only way to be sure. Since I haven't modded and don't know all the rules and such all I can do is to try to help. But suffice it to say that some 'things'/'items'/'blocks' are expecting some 'settings' as far as I can tell. Since you've been in the forums for a long time you should and/or probably already know that. If these are your custom items/recipes then they should have been 'modeled' by similar things that are already exiting and working. IE: Copying 'vanilla food' and modding it to b 'your food' but changing the ID, etc. Also - just one letter/character out of place can do what you're experiencing. Having a 'wrong' setting value within something can probably also do exactly what you're experiencing like having a "UISlot" line when one is not needed/nor expected could also possibly make you experience the issue.

At this point I would suggest that you 'take a break' for a bit - do something to get your mind off of this and then come back. "programming block" - or "writers block" could be preventing you from seeing the 'obvious' issue. But technically since it is not Valmod stuff and you've added your own mod to Valmod its not within 'their realm' but someone else may try to help.

Hi Valmar,

Great work on your mods, very well done and challenging, I'm only a couple days into it and its already doing my head in lol ( in a good way).

I was wondering, is there any plans to add tamable animals/Zombies?

Thought I'd ask as I feel they would fit right in :)

Keep up the great work Valmar, have my recommendations 100%.

Rakstelon - Dave

PS- Love the compromise on the Big Bag, as much as the 72 slot was very handy, I always felt that it was alittle too big, and I think we can all agree that the Vanilla size bag needed an expansion!

Adds more room for those crucial loot runs but still challenges us players with the need to drop chest but not as frequent.

Well - your recipes should have been added after Overhaul was installed. Not only 'your modded' blocks.xml but the recipes.xml too. Unless you've added them by hand. You should use a valid xml editor like Notepad++ and not 'windows notepad', etc. cause it can cause issues. Since they're in the 'creative menu' blocks - then that part should be fine. You should try taking one block out using the creative menu and actually 'check' to see if it functions correctly - if so then you know for sure that the blocks.xml is good.

At this point it seems like the Recipes.xml is 'corrupt'/'bad' because of something. Using Notepad++ or some other xml editor you should review your modifications to see if for example that entire block of your mods are 'commented out.' WIth Notepad++ it shows commented out lines as green!

Make sure that the recipe and items reference the proper recipe and items. IE: Your recipes should reference parts that are listed within items.xml. But then again you have 'blocks' so... It should be fine but double/triple checking at times is the only way to be sure. Since I haven't modded and don't know all the rules and such all I can do is to try to help. But suffice it to say that some 'things'/'items'/'blocks' are expecting some 'settings' as far as I can tell. Since you've been in the forums for a long time you should and/or probably already know that. If these are your custom items/recipes then they should have been 'modeled' by similar things that are already exiting and working. IE: Copying 'vanilla food' and modding it to b 'your food' but changing the ID, etc. Also - just one letter/character out of place can do what you're experiencing. Having a 'wrong' setting value within something can probably also do exactly what you're experiencing like having a "UISlot" line when one is not needed/nor expected could also possibly make you experience the issue.

At this point I would suggest that you 'take a break' for a bit - do something to get your mind off of this and then come back. "programming block" - or "writers block" could be preventing you from seeing the 'obvious' issue. But technically since it is not Valmod stuff and you've added your own mod to Valmod its not within 'their realm' but someone else may try to help.

Thank you for your help, mate! It solved after i removed some recipes like the mail box and tvs that are pure cosmetic ones. didn't edit a single line, just deleted some recipes and my custom ones appeared. I use the adobe dreamweaver for editing the files. It's a curious thing, i add more recipes and the ones at the last vanish. Looks like there's a limited number of recipes you can include.

Hi Valmar,

Im new to this forum, but playing this game since A13, was playing vanilla till decided to check mods, valmod modification is great, and i would like to ask you some things is it possible to make?

I prefer playing style like it was in a15, but i also love some features of a16.

So my question is:

Is it possible to make valmod perks system ( leveling like tool smithing and other skills) not from 0-10 levels with stupid level requirements, but as it was before a16 - from 0 to 100 without asking to level up. Im asking this because this game since a16 become zombie killing level up grinding simulator for me, before a16, i prefer leveling some some more important things higher, but now i stuck having skill points and still grinding zombies to levelup thing i want to increase.

Sorry for bad English.

Greetings Valmar

Greetings. Me and my friends love this mod and having a blast exploring. However we do have a question we are unsure if this is how it supposed to be or if it is a bug. When crafting tools like stone or scrap axes or picks the level of the craft is only 1. with tool smithing at lvl 3 is this working as intended and do we just have to lvl up more to make them hiqer quality?

Thank you for all your hard work ,

MERC Gaming crew.

Greetings. Me and my friends love this mod and having a blast exploring. However we do have a question we are unsure if this is how it supposed to be or if it is a bug. When crafting tools like stone or scrap axes or picks the level of the craft is only 1. with tool smithing at lvl 3 is this working as intended and do we just have to lvl up more to make them hiqer quality?

Thank you for all your hard work ,

MERC Gaming crew.

If I recall it’s a bug. Not sure if it’s specific to Valmod or vanilla but if I recall once I increased my skill level it seemed to resolve the issue. If I recall a server restart did nothing to fix it. I did not log the specifics but seemed to come and go by itself and as I said it seemed to fix itself after I upgraded skills. Likely the weapon perks. Maybe someone has a more specific cause.

Loving the Overhaul mod, running it on a server as well. But when I play single player, there are no zombies. When I walk around and the game tries to spawn a zombie, I get the console opened up with:

s4ToQhPtQoi3lIRq1RNgVg.jpg.c50b3d19163fc90c6e14956fc8cfe079.jpg

Also, there's no class selection when first starting a new world, it acts vanilla but without the zombies. (I do however get the Welcome to valmod message)

Edit: Text becomes unreadable in that screenshot, so here's the link to original size: https://prnt.sc/hwivrx

Asking for help please

I wanted to play with both of Valmod and Bad Company mods, and decide to merge them, but i couldn't made it! After editing the files of mods by myself, Game runs with lot of bugs, disappeared the craft list of items, the mobs are spawning, Pls IF someone is able to made this, help me...

Change ui and 72 slots bag

hi i gave your mod a try and i like it, however i prefer the originial smx ui with 72 bag slots, i tried to drag and drop the smx and 72 slots mod over your mod, but there is a bug in starting game, after picking a class on bag and using the key, the bag won't open. please help im new to mods and just join the forum for this coz i really like your mod together with the smx 1 ui and 72 slots. thank you

moving day rolls around. and is dreaded. Hey, Valmar. did they ♥♥♥♥ up moving tool benches in A16? I tote's remember being able to RECOVER things like mixers, and work benches, but now I'm just scrapping them for parts. is this something you're unable to fix? or maybe rebalance the loot tables to guarantee the drops? [though this could be used to reroll a small engine if you were to do that on a cement mixer.] either way, I don't want to lose small engines every time I want to remodel my base.

Which of course leads to an age old problem. if you break a forge, you loose the crucible, anvil and stuff inside it. I wonder if it's possible to make those recoverable, either with the new "backpack dropped" or just fall on the ground. whacha think?

In any case, stay classy. and FYI I saw your skin in the random character thingies and decided to rock it. now....i still need to find that fedora of awesome...

SPEAKING OF HATS ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ed streaming thought. always one more thing. for some reason the FULL FACE iron helmet allows eyes and face armor, but the STEEL which is a reskin of the scrap, blocks eye slot. is it possible to unblock steel helmet from preventing eyes and face as well? eyes especially cause that's where night vision goggles, and LED visor go. thanks a ton!

Hey Valmar,

Still Loving this Mod and all it has to offer, decided to start afresh and upped the difficulty to insane, see how I go:)

Couple of questions,

Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but whenever I press 'B' to check on stats, gear etc.. I'm noticing that my Character is always invisible, it's not a biggy but thought I would mention it as it seems that wasn't intended!? Have installed/reinstalled the mod a few times through the Mod Launcher, but still same outcome. Btw, I'm using a created profile.

Any plans to extend the questlines? Always nice to have side quest to keep things interesting.

Thoughts on adding pets? I know we have Starvation as an option that allows Taming of animals/Pets but thought it would be a nice addition to even just add maybe a tamable dog, with all the accessories for training ( dog bowl, collar, training dummies, pet whistle etc..) gets me thinking of the movie ' I am Legend ' soul survivor, dog companion :smile-new:

Lastly, are you going to update all your Valmods when A17 comes out?

This is one of, if not my Favorite Mod and would like to know your future goals, vision for this mod as the new Alpha version approaches.

Valmar, Please keep up the awesome job you do on your mods, it is muchly appreciated, not just from me, but the whole community who play and support it!

Update for Character Invisibility.

I decided to delete my saved profile and create another one.

Seems that was an oversight on my side. I had been playing another mod and was using one of the unique zombie profiles and forgot that I needed to change it when I changed mods,

Now visual and working as intended!

Also was wondering about the levelling system, Apologies if this has been asked and answered but didn't see it anywhere,

while crafting and levelling individual skills, do we have to sit and watch everything queued up to gain the appropriate xp or only on particular skills and craftable items?

I didn't want to,

1, sit and watch everything if it was not needed, and

2, multi queue a heap of stuff in diff craft stations and go off looting if I am going to miss out on that xp!

Thanks in advance,

Rak - Dave

Also was wondering about the levelling system, Apologies if this has been asked and answered but didn't see it anywhere,

while crafting and levelling individual skills, do we have to sit and watch everything queued up to gain the appropriate xp or only on particular skills and craftable items?

I didn't want to,

1, sit and watch everything if it was not needed, and

2, multi queue a heap of stuff in diff craft stations and go off looting if I am going to miss out on that xp!

Thanks in advance,

Rak - Dave

You need to be in forge or benches to get that exp.

Science skill is 1-10 perk nowadays so you don't need to sit there to rise science skill.

It's vanilla thing that forge and bench don't give exp if you are not there at the moment item finishes.

For example when making tools you can fill all output slots with 1 wood and queue some tools.

Item won't finish until you go into bench and item transfers to your inventory.

Forge is something you need to just sit in to level those skills related to forge.

Can't make a decent scythe.

So I have blade skills to make scythes and weapon smithing 7, but all scythes I make come out level 25...

Like why tho?

I tried upgrading my tool smithing aswell but it still all comes out level 25. I don't know if theres a skill i'm not acknowledging or if it's just a weird glitch or what, but if anyone knows anything then i'd greatly appreciate the input.

-Ass Crack

So I have blade skills to make scythes and weapon smithing 7, but all scythes I make come out level 25...

Like why tho?

I tried upgrading my tool smithing aswell but it still all comes out level 25. I don't know if theres a skill i'm not acknowledging or if it's just a weird glitch or what, but if anyone knows anything then i'd greatly appreciate the input.

-Ass Crack

Miscellaneous?

Love the mod. Running a server is Valmod and bigger backpacks. Had a question about the minibike storage. Valmar posted a picture of the mini bike storage being 7x10 back on page 258 of this thread. My mini bike storage is only 5x7. How do i get the storage to be the 7x10? Also do i need to make changes on just the server or on client files as well.

Love the mod. Running a server is Valmod and bigger backpacks. Had a question about the minibike storage. Valmar posted a picture of the mini bike storage being 7x10 back on page 258 of this thread. My mini bike storage is only 5x7. How do i get the storage to be the 7x10? Also do i need to make changes on just the server or on client files as well.

Both server and client need the Bigger Backpack Mod installed.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23828[/ATTACH]

My friend is getting this error when she first installed the mod. And she has tried re logging multiple times. When she uninstalled it and reverted to the default files the errors where gone. Any ideas?

Can't see attachment. Need more info, logging onto a server? Other info would help.

Archived