A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Was really looking forward to all the main mods being Re-Updated to work on Alpha 17 but since TFP have proper ♥♥♥♥ed up their game im now really really wanting the mods so I can actually feel like playing this game again.. I would of honestly been happy with Alpha 16.4 being updated to Unity 2018 along with new Icons & a bit of a polish ready for Beta.. Game play feels crap, Stamina feels crap, Zombies & the way they auto bounce back up & down crap, Skills system CRAP , RWG mixer Gen Ultra crap lol.. (Salty) & Sad Face lmao.. Anyway looking forward to Valmar & the others dedicating their time to make the mods we like... My hat is off to you all with mucho respect...

I am anxiously looking forward to the A17 update to valmod. Having played about 40 hours of Alpha 17 throughout it's progression and nearly 30 hours in the new A17 stable, I can tell that the mods has a great amount of potential to help even out many of the rough spots the game has in it's current balancing and overall game play. When we were playing alpha 16.4 with Valmod installed it made the game very fun and progress made during our time felt that we were improving as a character. The new A17 is a step in the right direction in several regards, but it needs an outside fine-tuning to make it a good game. It needs Valmod.

Thank you so much for picking up the project and running with it. Please please expand farming. Valmod's expanded farming was the most stable out of any of the other mods throughout a16. Fruit trees and crops, maybe some more industrial crops.

FastBurst, I had an idea and I think you are definitely the guy to tell about it first, as the main idea came from Valmar and you are working on Valmod. Anyway, Livestock. Its usually done either with crafting stations that spawn meat, eggs, feathers, etc. The other big farming mod that spent a lot of time on livestock is the Starvation mod. Unfortunately, the animals never worked very well, it counted the same as spawning wild animals and chewed up memory and made the game generally buggy. On top of that, animals glitched in their areas, wouldn't breed, and were generally more pets than a resource and just never worked right.

After looking and looking for a long time, I found and saved this. Its not completed, but heres my idea

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31785-Pig-Farm

Instead of bothering with individual entities for animals, use animations based on a workstation, the same way the furnace goes from cold to running, fire light, etc. Its a lot more efficient and will look great. Use 2 or 3 different levels for each workstation to expand the size of the animation. Not sure that the limits would be, but you could do 4x4, 8x8, 16x16 or whatever.

Male and female animals can only be bought at trader, but can be used to breed. Everything more or less works the same as the furnace. Animal feed and water for fuel, In the anvil/toolslots add male and female animals, along with a boning tool, a butcher tool and a skinning tool for bonuses depending on which you use. Turn the building off, looks like something basic like a water trough, something simple. When you turn it on, voila! a field full of livestock.

I think something like this has a lot of advantages over spawned animals for farming for obvious performance reasons, which is I guess why zombie work the way they do now in A17, or it least it seems that way. Its make moving a farm a lot easier and definitely makes it look like somebodys home. This could really be extended to other things like a watermill for a saw, a trapped animal in the snare, chicken houses, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Word has it that the once a17 goes stable the legend shall return to update his mods and overhauls. Just letting ya all know

I actually have about 85% of it done :rapture: with a few twists and lots of additions. Only thing I am not touching is the UI due not know how to really handle that part since well Wellness isn't a thing anymore.

Well, I haven't made a mod myself but I do understand the work that goes into it to create one. Personally I hope Valmar can comeback!

Personally I'd like to see a version that is the "Basic Valmod we all know and love!" - Twists and turns can go to additions :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to check in - I saw 2 people saying they were working on updating Valmod....any progress? Would love to give this a whirl in A17!

To the 2 developers that are/were working on updating it...please let the community know if you need any help. I know we'd all like to see this get done. :)

• 1 month later...

i miss so much with this mod.....it was wonderful and fun and even tho i was really inexperienced with it what i found and saw and played with it made the game so so so much better and i cant wait to play with it again hopefully with the new updates :D otherwise imma have to look around to see what i can do to get close to it with other mods XD

• 2 weeks later...
It's incompatible with A17.

It's on A16.4, I know this, I've checked the version multiple times even though I wish it was for A17, but thank you nonetheless!

EDIT: Nevermind. Just fixed it. Turns out while I had the launcher, it made 8 copies of the game as well as 8 different Program Files(x86) as well. Thanks for the help, I guess I didn't know how to run the launcher right. :)

Guest ProphetofLogik
It's on A16.4, I know this, I've checked the version multiple times even though I wish it was for A17, but thank you nonetheless!

Try running the 32 bit version of the game instead of the 64, which is default these days. If that works you should be able to run the 64 bit exe again. Let me know how that goes.

Try running the 32 bit version of the game instead of the 64, which is default these days. If that works you should be able to run the 64 bit exe again. Let me know how that goes.

Got stuck on loading blocks now, same problem. I've been able to run this mod perfectly and now this huge problem came out of nowhere. I just reinstalled 7 Days and still the problem persists. I also can't check the logs due to the screen being frozen and I can no longer access them with the game closed.

EDIT: Wait, I'm stupid. I edited the wrong post... I fixed it cuz it had 8 copies of 7 days and it didn't know which one to run... Sorry about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived