A16 Valmod Pack

Both server and client need the Bigger Backpack Mod installed.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see attachment. Need more info, logging onto a server? Other info would help.

We have the bigger backpack mods installed. I was asking how to increase the minibike storage size to 7x10 as shown in the picture. Not player inventory.

Valmar i have a question to ask. I use 7 Days To Die Mod launcher to play your mod, Valmod Overhaul Compo pack Plus Bigger Back Pack. I remove the tick that says "Refresh Mods Automatically" because I've made some changes to xml files that I like to use. Not made any changes to your mod, that is completely untouched by me. Now, when I launch the game all the changes I've made are gone, not in game. Everything is re-written. Can you please explaoin hw Can I keep changes I make and not lose them? Thank you.

We have the bigger backpack mods installed. I was asking how to increase the minibike storage size to 7x10 as shown in the picture. Not player inventory.

Sorry I thought it did - probably getting mods mixed up. Here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?35922-Mini-Bike-Storage-x2-amp-x3

According to the last few posts it still works. Albeit - Not 100% sure if it'll work with Valmod; should though.

This is a long thread.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have blade skills to make scythes and weapon smithing 7, but all scythes I make come out level 25...

Like why tho?

I tried upgrading my tool smithing aswell but it still all comes out level 25. I don't know if theres a skill i'm not acknowledging or if it's just a weird glitch or what, but if anyone knows anything then i'd greatly appreciate the input.

-Ass Crack

Science?

- - - Updated - - -

Love the mod. Running a server is Valmod and bigger backpacks. Had a question about the minibike storage. Valmar posted a picture of the mini bike storage being 7x10 back on page 258 of this thread. My mini bike storage is only 5x7. How do i get the storage to be the 7x10? Also do i need to make changes on just the server or on client files as well.

Disassemble completely and reassemble.

Two quick questions that I didn't see answered (I might have missed, but...)

There's an unofficial XML fix that fixes things like missing commas and misspelled items in the original game. Is that included in Valmod?

and

Will your UI work with even-larger versions of the backpack mod, like the 100 or 150 slot ones? Or are we best off just using the 80-slot ones you include? I'm fine with either, just asking for reference. :)

Thanks,

Sevi

Hey, Valmar, Still playing your mod, pleased as hell you're keeping it rolling. I've noticed that Yucca Fruits still stack to 50 yet all other plants to like 500. Also, Potatos take EONS to craft into seeds for replanting, since fertilized ground requires replanting. [kinda wish I could punch and get yield-1 for the "harvest but not remove" mechanic you introduced. since last I checked punching only ever yields 1 dunno if you can, or want to change the yield so if I'm harvesting grapes on fertilized soil, and the yield is nine [not four, like most crops.] and I spend one to replant....instead I punch and "collect" 8 from the plant. it's either that, or there was a skill that grants XP for planting, harvesting and, or crafting seeds, since a large farm for a MP game takes a bit of time to keep harvesting.

Also, I"m watching Z-Nation FFS doing his A16 with a few custom mods, and one thing that strikes me as wierd, is the irradiated zombies have ♥♥♥♥TY loot tables. like...a glowing cop had 2 pieces of wood on him...WTF IS THIS ♥♥♥♥?! Did you alter their loot tables for your mod? if not, might be something to poke at, or deliberately NOT, up to you in the end, but part of me thinks...either make them never drop anything, so you don't try and loot them all and die trying...or make their loot tables worth the risk, is my thinking

That's all for now, hope you still appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

This is a long thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Science?

- - - Updated - - -

Disassemble completely and reassemble.

What do i have to change? In what settings? i know i have to disassemble and re assemble after i make changes. The link that was posted earlier has some issues with valmod from what i read. In valmars post i quoted it shows his bike has a large storage.

Has anyone heard is there are any modders looking to make a Fallout-like mod to 7Days?

IMHO it's be so cool to play fallout using the 7 days engine.

Check out ' Undead Legacy Mod standard and/or Bigger Backpack'

If you are using the 7DTD Mod Launcher, it's 4th from the bottom.

If not, check here -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52085-Undead-Legacy-More-loot-gear-recipes-custom-ui-rebalancing

Love the mod. Running a server is Valmod and bigger backpacks. Had a question about the minibike storage. Valmar posted a picture of the mini bike storage being 7x10 back on page 258 of this thread. My mini bike storage is only 5x7. How do i get the storage to be the 7x10? Also do i need to make changes on just the server or on client files as well.

Hi Eastlake,

You may have to take the bike apart and then place the mini bike frame down and reattach all the components, it should then fix your storage problem. When ever using a bigger backpack mod with minibike storage upgrade, most always have to reassemble the bike for the bigger basket to register.

Hope this sorts it out for you.

You need to be in forge or benches to get that exp.

Science skill is 1-10 perk nowadays so you don't need to sit there to rise science skill.

It's vanilla thing that forge and bench don't give exp if you are not there at the moment item finishes.

For example when making tools you can fill all output slots with 1 wood and queue some tools.

Item won't finish until you go into bench and item transfers to your inventory.

Forge is something you need to just sit in to level those skills related to forge.

Thanks Vastarakki.

Auger modding

I see that there are a few admin tools to dig faster but has anyone tried to make the auger dig a 3 x 3 hole?

dynamite does a 3 x 3 hole. and the auger is a point click and hold to dig... so is there anyway you can combine the 2 so you get the same effect as the dynamite with the auger... I know I can turn the damage to entities off but I cant figure out how to make the auger do the same area damage as dynamite

I'm unsure as to why, however, with a clean install on the mod launcher (even reinstalled 7 days on steam too) the game crashes to desktop when I install the valmod overhaul combo + biggerbackpack.

It is definitely not hardware related as I have 32 gigs of ram, Galax gtx 1080ti and Intel 7700k.

EDIT Thought I would let you know it seems to be just the launcher as downloading your mod and manually installing it seems to have no issues.

Edited by Nightspawn (see edit history)

Looking for config location?

I use the 7d2d Mod Launcher to install and play "Valmod overhaul SDX nightly blood moons". I create a game through my client and have friends connect through me to play. Just wondering where I can find the config for the specific game we are playing? Hopefully im just overlooking but I cant seem to find one and the ones I have found all seem default settings and our game has adjusted settings. Ive checked the directory they list, steams directory, and %appdata% with no luck. Thanks for the help!

Few Noob questions

Hey everyone, I have a few noob questions to ask.

1- I'm a hunter and I just got 50 on rifles, which allows me to build scopes and silenced scope and high powered scope. Unfortunately tho, I'm unable to find the recipes in my Crafting menu. How can I build these scopes?

2- I also built a scythe. But its level is 25. I already leveled weaponsmithing and it still gives me only level 25 scythe or machete. What skill do I need to level in order to achiev better levels of scythe or machete?

3- A friend of mine is having the same problem that I am having with rifles but with ak-47.

Is there any eta for this mod to work on 17 version? (My server is on gameservers)

I'm running this mod on a hosted dedicated server with a managed OS. Because of the managed OS I have no access to the default 7D2D save game location. When I define a save location in the game server root I lose all of the Overhaul skills and perks options. Those revert back to the vanilla system. If I remove the custom save location, the Overhaul system is back. Is there some way to overcome this? Using the default save location, I have no access to player or world data. As a result that data is persistant between instances of the game... I can't even delete it.

***EDIT***

Scratch that. After several switches between default and custom save locations, it just worked the last time. I'll just accept it and not worry about the why.

Edited by TroyT (see edit history)

Anyone else having the problem of when you place a bed roll before or after clearing the zombies from where you plan to make a base. Go out and come back and the zombies are still spawning. We had 2 bed rolls down and they still spawn in, heck one was even laying on a bed roll lol.

7d2d Mod Launcher - Valmod installed not moving past Loading UI screen w erro

I have been working on using the 7d2d mod launcher to install the current Valmod overhaul w bigger backpack this evening and I keep running into the same error.

I have uninstalled / reinstalled the game 3 times. The last uninstall was all the %appdata% and deleting the registry files. I have attached a screenshot from the game startup where it kicks back 3 errors before it gets forever stuck on the Loading UI

I have tried searching back in the thread but I have not come across this issue. Has anyone a recommendation to help get this working?

Thank you

*edit : After uploading the screen shot, I see it is useless. here is what the text says

*time* 42.195 ERR [XUI] Global style key 'yellow' not found! - hierarchy: -> windows -> windows (windowsBackpack) -> pandel (header) -> label

*time* 42.196 [XUI] Global style key 'gold' not found! - hierarchy: -> windows -> windows (windowsBackpack) -> pandel (header) -> sprite (costicon)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

1005486148_7d2dmodlaunchervalmoderror.thumb.jpg.20e5280fbe382901eb1650180c86f546.jpg

Edited by FelixMortane (see edit history)