Quality of life, less key presses, book learning.

ungkor

Is there any reason why books you haven't read couldn't just auto learn when you loot them?

100's and 100's of books.   Why make us click on each one?   

What if you aren't specializing in that particular set of magazines and want to save them for other people when in MP?

Shouldn't be hard to set up something to autoclick your mouse for you when you wanna read a large amount at one time.

Best way to get rid of that unecessary clicking would be to get rid of the magazine system as a whole and make this game a sandbox again. And no, beeing forced into looting certain POI´s and containers isn´t a sandbox.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Best way to get rid of that unecessary clicking would be to get rid of the magazine system as a whole and make this game a sandbox again. And no, beeing forced into looting certain POI´s and containers isn´t a sandbox.

Damn, If you hate the current game so much, then go play something else and stop whining here.  Your constant whining is tiresome.

7 hours ago, ungkor said:

Is there any reason why books you haven't read couldn't just auto learn when you loot them?

As @bdubyah said, in Multiplayer you might want to share the book with a friend.

I'd also add you might want to sell the book to a trader. I know, that sounds like a silly/unusual thing, but in certain situations, with certain books, I'd do that.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And no, being forced into looting certain POI´s and containers isn´t a sandbox.

There must be something subtle here that I'm missing. I don't get the relationship. If it were Minecraft, only certain things are found in chests, IIRC. Only certain POIs have certain materials. Perhaps Minecraft isn't a sandbox either? What am I missing?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zztong said:

There must be something subtle here that I'm missing. I don't get the relationship. If it were Minecraft, only certain things are found in chests, IIRC. Only certain POIs have certain materials. Perhaps Minecraft isn't a sandbox either? What am I missing?

I've come to learn that some player's definition of "sandbox" is overly strict and/or often changes to suit their personal opinions of a game or feature.

This game absolutely is a sandbox and I feel like people that don't agree with that are simply trying to add value to their opinion. Which is fine if you don't like it. Cool. Not every game is going to cater to my or anyone else's definition of sandbox, horror, looter, RPG, etc.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

Public Service Announcement

A sandbox game is a video game with a gameplay element that provides players a great degree of creativity to interact with, usually without any predetermined goal, or alternatively with a goal that the players set for themselves. Such games may lack any objective, and are sometimes referred to as non-games or software toys. More often, sandbox games result from these creative elements being incorporated into other genres and allowing for emergent gameplay. Sandbox games are often associated with an open world concept which gives the players freedom of movement and progression in the game's world. The term "sandbox" derives from the nature of a sandbox that lets people create nearly anything they want within it.

Some games offer a separate sandbox mode, where the player can use a game's creative systems with fewer constraints.

From wikipedia which I understand this is the accepted baseline definition of a sandbox game.

Creative Mode in 7 Days to Die is the true sandbox for it, as it has been stated many times.  So if a player wants to a true sandbox mode for the game, they need to turn on the creative menu.

image.gif.608695bfc7ef3e8087b333a7d10c2567.gif

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ParadiseLostUK said:

Damn, If you hate the current game so much, then go play something else and stop whining here.  Your constant whining is tiresome.

I am playing something else and already made the decision to not buy early access from TFP again, thank you for your suggestion.  It´s just a shame that such a promising game that it was for many years went downhill lately. And if you look around, you will find people on all platforms not being happy with the magazines.

And @BFT2020 Don´t act like you don´t know exactly what i mean by that. It´s now kinda linear. And that sucks. Call it however you want. Doesn´t matter.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@BFT2020 Don´t act like you don´t know exactly what i mean by that. It´s now kinda linear. And that sucks. Call it however you want. Doesn´t matter.

Every single person I play with has a different play style and goals and ways of going about things. If it was linear, we would all be doing the same thing. You might be stuck in a rut of sameness, but most of my friends aren't. Everytime we have a poll conducted about gameplay we get a wide variety of responses which is indicative of sandbox freedom

It is less free in that you can no longer ignore looting.  But it's not like it's linear.  It's not too awful, but I did prefer when I could go weeks without entering a POI and still be able to progress.

I hadn't considered the multiplayer aspect or the option to sell.  Thanks for that.    

Well, hopefully it might be an option we can select in the future.  

I also think it is much more linear now. Before, it was exciting to loot and find a rare schematic. Like the gyrocopter. Now you know you have a tedious slog through 100 magazines before you get there.

8 hours ago, seven said:

I also think it is much more linear now. Before, it was exciting to loot and find a rare schematic. Like the gyrocopter. Now you know you have a tedious slog through 100 magazines before you get there.

Magazines are definitely linear.  But yes, the game qualifies as sandbox even without using Creative Mode.  And when you enable Creative Mode, it's absolutely a sandbox game.  Whether or not you need to loot to progress efficiently doesn't change that.

To get back on topic, it would be nice to have a right click option on magazines to "Read All".  But I don't think we should read them automatically.