Announcing: Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Streamer Weekend Application

Posted (edited)

The emails with the invitation to the discord server are already being sent? My answer with the clip for the verification has been out for 7 days. It could be that nothing has been sent yet or that I have done something wrong. Has anyone heard anything?

Edited by Zombyra (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Zombyra said:

The emails with the invitation to the discord server are already being sent? My answer with the clip for the verification has been out for 7 days. It could be that nothing has been sent yet or that I have done something wrong. Has anyone heard anything?

I don't think @Crater Creator has sent those out yet due to the amount of responses /  workload. I think it's soon tho, just need to be a little more patient. I was worried too that i might have goofed on the video LOL

Just now, Quagmire1428 said:

I don't think @Crater Creator has sent those out yet due to the amount of responses /  workload. I think it's soon tho, just need to be a little more patient. I was worried too that i might have goofed on the video LOL

Yep, same here. Just assuming that they're still trying to handle the initial applications at this point. Glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting for the Discord invite :)

Yup - I wouldn't worry about the Discord invite yet.  The responses alone for this streamer weekend has been wild for their team.  Though the anxiety to get that invite is real, I'll admit :D

1 hour ago, Malorydoto said:

i just got accepted but idk what kind of video i need to make or where i publish the video....

you don’t have to do a separate special video. During one of your normal episodes take a moment to announce that you have been accepted and will be playing 1.0 coming soon. Then send an email to Crater Creator with the time stamp where he can quickly confirm it.

On 5/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, Crater Creator said:

Plenty of enthusiasm! Unfortunately, barely half of those applying actually qualify. It seems this message didn’t get through but people do need the viewership numbers to be accepted. 5,000 subscribers on YouTube or 5,000 followers on Twitch. If you have 3 subscribers (which has actually happened), filling out an application is not a productive use of your time. :)

Even so, we’ve gotten a strong response, and I anticipate having more participants than we had for the last event.

In future is there any plans to quantify acceptability through metrics rather than things like subscriber counts? With the changes to the Youtube landscape, subscriber numbers are largely irrelevant now, with recommendation algorithms being more pertinent to the reach of video content. Of course you guys need to have a bar set to avoid a relentless stream of applications, which is understandable, and probably makes more sense on a platform like Twitch, but it feels exclusionary to up and coming channels on Youtube with healthy viewership over subscriber metrics. 

4 hours ago, Malorydoto said:

i just got accepted but idk what kind of video i need to make or where i publish the video....

How many days ago did you put the application in?

Also, if you mention it in any vid (or make a dedicated one) then send it to TFP with the time stamp, that should suffice. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PrimateGames said:

How many days ago did you put the application in?

Also, if you mention it in any vid (or make a dedicated one) then send it to TFP with the time stamp, that should suffice. 

I send the form 2 days ago too, but haven't received a response yet. Just waiting, i think...

Edited by Mr_Aleks_Jackson (see edit history)

Hoping to get accepted, this came out at a time where I have not streamed the game for a couple of months...was literally just talking to stream this morning about starting up a new world for Sunday streams as they all seem to want to be able to cause general mayhem again lol

On 5/25/2024 at 11:46 AM, VoltraLux said:

In future is there any plans to quantify acceptability through metrics rather than things like subscriber counts? With the changes to the Youtube landscape, subscriber numbers are largely irrelevant now, with recommendation algorithms being more pertinent to the reach of video content. Of course you guys need to have a bar set to avoid a relentless stream of applications, which is understandable, and probably makes more sense on a platform like Twitch, but it feels exclusionary to up and coming channels on Youtube with healthy viewership over subscriber metrics. 

honestly, followers mean very little on the Twitch side too as follows doesn't = viewers ... so discouraging to see a company be like you cant promote for us if you don't have x amount of followers....

I have been nothing but positive since 2013 but it's a lil tough to swallow as a day 1 player with over 12k hours. Now i have to wait while some unknown "streamer" with 3 viewers and less than 50 hours stumbles around the game? ok ok i'll head back to my corner and wait for the circus to end...

2 hours ago, hatemonet said:

I have been nothing but positive since 2013 but it's a lil tough to swallow as a day 1 player with over 12k hours. Now i have to wait while some unknown "streamer" with 3 viewers and less than 50 hours stumbles around the game? ok ok i'll head back to my corner and wait for the circus to end...

Yeah, this horse has been beaten to death so many times they are mass-producing glue from it.  You will be getting access to the unstable experimental build at the same time as you would have regardless of whether the streamer weekend existed or not.

3 hours ago, hatemonet said:

Point taken but this is not a AAA title why act like one? be the best indie game you've always been. I did appreciate your archaic folksy anecdote however.

What's that got to do with AAA? Do indie games not need advertising? This is a simple deal where streamers get a weekend exclusivity and TFP gets some hype and attention.

3 hours ago, hatemonet said:

Point taken but this is not a AAA title why act like one?

Actually it is a smart business move.  TFP gets marketing from the streamers while the only cost to them is Crater Creator's time.

On 5/28/2024 at 9:11 PM, hatemonet said:

We can safely conclude, that you think you are more important than you actually are. No shame in that.