Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

20 hours ago, NukemDed said:

lol

can someone please bash a brick wall against my head as i dont have the energy to do it myself any more

yes it has been a long road, but it is still (overall) getting better

how many of us can say the same about our spousal relationships?

and if we invested our game hours into our better halves, what would be the outcome?

More spousal beatings......🤔 Men all over would be doomed........

Edited by Outlaw_187 (see edit history)

Regarding endgame content.

I would expect the endgame content to be bandit camps -- outpost raiding. I just don't want bandits to raid my base when I am not there. I can also imagine more superbeasts like Hogzilla. I see that there are two types of bear -- there could be a bearzilla. Dire Wolf is already very dire but a late game Direzilla would be cool.

1 hour ago, avalonnn said:

I just don't want bandits to raid my base when I am not there.

Chunks aren't loaded when you're not there, so that shouldn't even be on the table.

12 hours ago, YourMirror said:

Ооооо, кто-то чувствует себя важным. Вкуснятина.

What is it, ooooo, is it bad for you? And for mentioning at the end of the message that I have a sweet @%$#, thank you for that, your mouth is fine too

1 hour ago, Mikhail Popkov said:

What is it, ooooo, is it bad for you? And for mentioning at the end of the message that I have a sweet @%$#, thank you for that, your mouth is fine too

I think he's just trying to say to cut TFP some slack, that's all.

Does anyone else think the 4x4 absolutely sucks??!! 

It looks cool and all but oh man....

I had it fully modded, plow, turbo boost, gas saver, & the headlights. 1 short trip to the wasteland & then a short run through the burnt forest, I'd say about a 3 & a half to 4 km run. I had 12% health left when returning to base. 

It takes a TON of gas and it's slow as hell! 

No thanks! 😖

1 minute ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I had it fully modded, plow, turbo boost, gas saver, & the headlights. 1 short trip to the wasteland & then a short run through the burnt forest, I'd say about a 3 & a half to 4 km run. I had 12% health left when returning to base. 

No thanks! 😖

I'd say its more for taking on a large road trip to sack a city than running missions with.  In past alphas i'd toss a motorcycle into its storage, ride to a massive city, anr use the motorcylce to run missions while filling up storage near the 4x4.  After that, sort the junk and take back what you want/need.  I do the same process with the Gyro copter.

1 minute ago, Javabean867 said:

I'd say its more for taking on a large road trip to sack a city than running missions with.  In past alphas i'd toss a motorcycle into its storage, ride to a massive city, anr use the motorcylce to run missions while filling up storage near the 4x4.  After that, sort the junk and take back what you want/need.  I do the same process with the Gyro copter.

Good strategy. Make much more sense than relying as the next tier vehicle. I haven't unlocked the gyro yet in 1.0 so still have yet to see how it feels. 

14 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

No thanks! 😖

I enjoy the 4x4.  It is just fun to drive around.  But you don't want to drive it through the wasteland.  It's almost impossible to not take damage unless you're inching along or stick to the roads.  But I just made a quick mod to increase damage reduction on the plow so I can have fun with it without constantly repairing.

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I enjoy the 4x4.  It is just fun to drive around.  But you don't want to drive it through the wasteland.  It's almost impossible to not take damage unless you're inching along or stick to the roads.  But I just made a quick mod to increase damage reduction on the plow so I can have fun with it without constantly repairing.

That's what I thought the plow was for, to reduce the damage. So one can have a little fun & just smash into crap. 

I'd hate to see the damage to the 4x4 without the plow 😲

36 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

No thanks! 😖

I used to love it (not saying i like the v1.0 4x4 less than previous Alpha's), i've just got used to it being not very useful; it's got large amount of inventory slots which is important but for everything else i don't like it anymore, ie its no good for going over bumpy areas or thru most city areas (due to size); so for quite some time now i stick with the motorcycle and once i get the gyro i always take the motorcycle too and use the motorcycle for ferrying stuff to and from the gyro until i'm ready to head back, long distance to base; i used to use the 4x4 with the gyro for that same thing as it's got more inventory slots but obviously it's no good (in my opinion) for even short distances in the cities on flat roads due to it's size so i don't even bother crafting one anymore ; of course i like the idea that you have to put a lot of work into progress in order to unlock the vehicles but still, the 4x4 has never felt like an upgrade to the motorcycle or better vehicle; than it ; yes i could stick to a lot of the main roads in the 4x4 but obviously time is always against us in the game so for me the perfect vehicle for me is the motorcycle and when coupled with the gyro it's an awesome combo

33 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Good strategy. Make much more sense than relying as the next tier vehicle. I haven't unlocked the gyro yet in 1.0 so still have yet to see how it feels. 

no spoilers from me but i love the new gyro

Edited by GigglingZombie (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

That's what I thought the plow was for, to reduce the damage. So one can have a little fun & just smash into crap. 

I'd hate to see the damage to the 4x4 without the plow 😲

It does, but not enough.  You still take a lot of damage, which is why I modded it to increase damage reduction.  Now I can drive through the wasteland if I want to without constant repairs.

9 minutes ago, Riamus said:

It does, but not enough.  You still take a lot of damage, which is why I modded it to increase damage reduction.  Now I can drive through the wasteland if I want to without constant repairs.

Thay sounds like a simple enough change

1 hour ago, Javabean867 said:

Thay sounds like a simple enough change

It is.  😀

And I only did it to the plow, so only 4x4 is affected and only if using the plow, so it just mitigates the increased damage the 4x4 gets from being so wide.  I'm okay with damage for other things even if it is a bit high.

16 hours ago, avalonnn said:

Regarding endgame content.

I would expect the endgame content to be bandit camps -- outpost raiding. I just don't want bandits to raid my base when I am not there. I can also imagine more superbeasts like Hogzilla. I see that there are two types of bear -- there could be a bearzilla. Dire Wolf is already very dire but a late game Direzilla would be cool.

@faatal I know this has been discussed before but.. for the endgame content, can we have a radiation biome back? I think TFP can do so much more here with radiation biome, for example more higher tier POI/ variety of mission in the radiation biome with high risk high reward, adding an armor mod to replace radiation suit (I suggest rad resistance split into 4 which need to be apply on 4 armor pieces; so 1 rad resist mod only prevent 20 percent rad damage something like that so having all four make it 100 or 90 percent if you want to add rad chem drug like in fallout game), and a radiation rain storms that can fit with TFP next weather system update which might be cool to add more survival element to the world.

11 minutes ago, anon80 said:

@faatal I know this has been discussed before but.. for the endgame content, can we have a radiation biome back? 

They have said the wasteland will be radiated when adding the weather and environmental update.

7 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I could see how that happens. While it might be a 4x4, it only seems to be so in the "I just bought a Jeep Wrangler" sense. That is, ready for the street. The motorcycle is a little better, but I've been craving a "Dirt Bike." I want to ride over the hills, damnit.

I also, tend to use a 4x4 to transport a mobile base (workstations) and then a motorcycle to get around whatever biome/town/city I'm in.

7 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

That's what I thought the plow was for, to reduce the damage.

Perhaps. I thought it was to reduce the damage from hitting zombies. I didn't think it would affect hitting a tree, or whatever.

31 minutes ago, zztong said:

Perhaps. I thought it was to reduce the damage from hitting zombies. I didn't think it would affect hitting a tree, or whatever.

It reduces damage to the front of the vehicle, regardless of source as far as I can tell.  I tested it at full speed against a wall with the modified damage reduction value I added and took very little damage compared to 42% without my modified plow.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

How's the progress about added mutated zombies and such too hordes @schwanz9000

And I got a question. Would it be possible for you guys to do random gen zombies again? I'm just saying just for curiosity.  

But like how we have the random player maker, imagine If you make those models all zombie up. And just placed in the world. And randomize cloths/armor/wardrobe system

Would that be possible 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

PLAYERS CRASHING ON MULTIPLAYER

need a dev to hotfix these two errors

Setting angular velocity of a kinematic body is not supported.
Setting linear velocity of a kinematic body is not supported.

These two errors are linked to vehicles effects pvp and pver servers  needs fixed asap.

21 hours ago, Riamus said:

Chunks aren't loaded when you're not there, so that shouldn't even be on the table.

You'd think so, but in 1.0 we've already had screamers breaking through walls when no one's home.

16 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

No thanks! 😖

It's a good thing when playing as a team. But when you play alone, a motorcycle is better.