Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

55 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

RED SUV..

Two engines salvaged...

That normal ?

The game has a loot tables it pulls from with each wrench animation.   Each part is randomly generated, so you can get 2 engines, it's just rare.

2 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Congrats on the 1.0 stable and console releases, TFP! 🥳🎉

Where is it?

Not to be seen on Steam nor on dedicated server update.

To me it seem it's still not available just announced to be out...

10 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

If you have the latest exp build, you usually won't have a new download for stable as it's the same build.

That‘s at least confusing as experimental usually not equal to stable.

Steam shows different entries for v1.0 stable and experimental builds.

If b333 is the same as v1.0 then v1.0 was out way before been officially said as b333 was available before. Is confusion part of the game?

I hesitate to start a new map if it‘s not v1.0. Dont‘t want to restart one day later when v1.0 downloads.

Edited by AllUses (see edit history)

"The retail price will be $44.99 USD on all store fronts." 

Geeeez

I guess the new console guys will buy it but pc will just go to buy a cd key.  

The game on the outside doesn't look to hot at first glance.

$7 discount price vs. $45 is a huge jump. I'd raise it to $30 if even.

23 minutes ago, AllUses said:

That‘s at least confusing as experimental usually not equal to stable.

Steam shows different entries for v1.0 stable and experimental builds.

If b333 is the same as v1.0 then v1.0 was out way before been officially said as b333 was available before. Is confusion part of the game?

I hesitate to start a new map if it‘s not v1.0. Dont‘t want to restart one day later when v1.0 downloads.

When software is developed the developers bring out prototype versions out and test them. Whenever they find bugs or things to improve they correct them and build a new prototyp and first test if the bugs are really gone. When they finally have a prototype they are satisfied with and all bugs they tried to correct are really corrected they publish that last prototype as stable version. The important thing is that you can't just fix bugs and not test them!!

Therefore the last prototype is always the same as stable in software development. You just don't see that last prototype if the software is developed behind closed doors.

In reality there still could turn up a serious bug that needs a quick patch release even days after release. You would have to wait much longer to make absolutely sure. But I bet that they would make a big effort that any patch does not need starting a new game

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

https://creators.thefunpimps.com/

The Fun Pimps Creator Program

Benefits
  • Keys for 7 Days to Die for you & your community
  • DLC keys for you & your community
  • Creator only Discord
  • Social Media promotions
  • Access to exclusive campaigns and missions
More perks may be added in the future and are subject to change*

So this DLCs mean extra armor outfits from latest content roadmap?

How much $ for that?

6 minutes ago, XYR0 said:

https://creators.thefunpimps.com/

The Fun Pimps Creator Program

Benefits
  • Keys for 7 Days to Die for you & your community
  • DLC keys for you & your community
  • Creator only Discord
  • Social Media promotions
  • Access to exclusive campaigns and missions
More perks may be added in the future and are subject to change*

So this DLCs mean extra armor outfits from latest content roadmap?

How much $ for that?

Current roadmap is all for vanilla.  No extra cost.  However, once they are ready to release any DLCs, then whatever those are may be included in that program.  I say "may" because they haven't given any indication that I've seen of whether or not that would include all DLC or only cosmetic DLC or just your choice of one or two DLC or something else.  Costs for DLC probably won't be determined until they have a DLC being made and decide what makes sense for that DLC.

34 minutes ago, meganoth said:

When software is developed the developers bring out prototype versions out and test them. Whenever they find bugs or things to improve they correct them and build a new prototyp and first test if the bugs are really gone. When they finally have a prototype they are satisfied with and all bugs they tried to correct are really corrected they publish that last prototype as stable version. The important thing is that you can't just fix bugs and not test them!!

Therefore the last prototype is always the same as stable in software development. You just don't see that last prototype if the software is developed behind closed doors.

In reality there still could turn up a serious bug that needs a quick patch release even days after release. You would have to wait much longer to make absolutely sure. But I bet that they would make a big effort that any patch does not need starting a new game

Hmm…in business software we usually ship a new software for stable version even if the only difference is version change from beta to stable. Well, there are usually some minor changes too. You cannot be serious in the business as it confuses the customer. Ok, i know Windows is still beta and always will be.

Been playing this game for almost 2 years now, love it, play it most days; so i obviously follow the game's progress, the main forum threads etc, install and play each and every version that comes out;    but signed up as i (like some others have been posting in the last couple of hours) am confused re b333 and Stable. I've been thru all the Beta and non-Beta options in Steam, i'm familiar with all that; however the top right of the game screen still says (v1.0 b333), Steam's news page still only mentions v1.0 B332 EXP (b333 Hotfix).  i maintain different folder structures for each version, for example ~

F:\games\7 Days to Die>dir /b
7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b316).EXP.b317.Hotfix.with.Guppy.Zombies
7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b330).EXP
7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b332).EXP.b333.Hotfix
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Outback.Roadies.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Preppocalypse.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Random.Wandering.Hordes.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Wild.West.Mod
UserDataFolder

(that's just to illustrate my comments below)~

I've read all the latest posts, for example ~

from schwanz9000 ~ "As of this post, B333 is B333 whether you're on Beta "None" or Beta "latest_experimental".  

from meganoth ~ "If it works like with every alpha before (and I think TFP said they would not change the method) then B333 is identical to stable. Just play and don't bother about that label "

etc etc. but i am still confused, and it's more that i'm also putting myself in the mindset of a newbie who's just purchased the game this afternoon (i'm in UK so was expecting Steam to jump into life downloading "1.0 Stable" anytime after 18:00 GMT), and even though i haven't provided screenshots of my above comments to make my points more coherent, those newbies won't think that 1.0 Stable is out yet. What i'm trying to say is that nothing i find online (pretend i'm one of those ficticious newbies) to say that 1.0 Stable is out. The ficticious newbies i elude to are seeing a mix of "1.0 Stable is out" and all these mentions of different versions of "1.0 Experimental" and "1.0 Experimental Hotfix"

I could have worded all that better with screenshots but hopefully it makes enough sense. After all these years of people hankering after Stable, the advertising of Stable isn't consistent or clear ; not a criticism by any means, i'm saying all this as if i was an external observer

Edited by GigglingZombie (see edit history)

Regarding 1.0 stable, keep in mind the following:

• Anyone who isn't using experimental will update to 1.0 and it will be an entirely new version from what they've been playing (A21).  So naming structure doesn't affect them.
  • If you switch from Experimental to Stable in Steam, there will either be an update or not, depending if there was an update, but Steam will list your game in the games list as 7 Days To Die [v1.0], which pretty clearly shows that you're on the latest version.
  • The only real issue is that in game, there is no indication that you're on stable versus experimental because experimental isn't shown in the game.

Either way, it's not a big deal.  Switch to stable version and just play the game.  ;)

11 hours ago, Suxar said:

Resources? What for? They can be chopped and dug up very quickly. The merchant seems to always have a pan and a grate now.

I somehow really miss solar cells; you can’t get them anywhere else except from a merchant.

Oh, I can explain.  I play on insane/nightmare speed/64 zombies/horde every night/perma death with feral sense on. 

I kinda have to minmax the very start of my games and knowing that the trader with have certain resources will allow for alternate ways to start. 

Like maybe I could go deeper into intel at the start if I knew the traders would have X resources, and could save the stamina digging or whatever for something else. 

Not a huge deal, but I was curious if anyone knew... I have not really had time to test all that much. 

6 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

1.0 Stable is out! And still no vehicle storage mod.  Are we still getting this or no? Don't tease it if it's not coming.

They said that is after stable release.

Thank you for this incredible journey to 1.0. Thank you for many many hours of wonderful gameplay.

Congratulations to the dev team, testers and management 🥂🥳🎉

We're (a fleet of friends in Sweden) on 1.0 now and we're still having so much fun with this game — even after playing since a14 (at least).

Edited by mar3ld (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Alphabeta110 said:

@faatal @Laz Man @Roland @SylenThunder @meganoth @schwanz9000 Hello, congratulations on the release of 7 days to die, you can find out when to expect a 25% discount on xbox, thank you in advance for the answer and once again congratulations on the release. This is a huge and not easy job

Thank you!,

If you purchased the digital version of the telltale game on the previous generation consoles, the discount should already show up for you.  As an example, the attached screenshot is what the discount looks like on the Xbox store.

Xbox Discount.png

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Спасибо!,

Если вы приобрели цифровую версию игры Telltale на консолях предыдущего поколения, скидка уже должна была появиться у вас. В качестве примера, прикрепленный скриншот показывает, как выглядит скидка в магазине Xbox.

Скидка на Xbox.png

Strangely, I bought the old version of 7 days to die on xbox one s and there is no discountScreenshot_20240726_080349_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3a47a6a27f1855be3bd9f357f1c099c2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Alphabeta110 said:

Strangely, I bought the old version of 7 days to die on xbox one s and there is no discountScreenshot_20240726_080349_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3a47a6a27f1855be3bd9f357f1c099c2.jpg

Are you positive you are logged into the same account?  I don't use those sites, but they usually have some purchase history you can look at.  If you see your purchase, maybe check with the site about why the discount doesn't show up.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Вы уверены, что вошли в тот же аккаунт? Я не пользуюсь этими сайтами, но обычно у них есть история покупок, которую вы можете посмотреть. Если вы видите свою покупку, возможно, уточните на сайте, почему скидка не отображается.

Yes, I'm sure maybe the problem is that I took the game through an intermediary, since it is now impossible to buy games directly in Russia