Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

25 minutes ago, jetZeds said:

Im questing/living in wasteland and have been doing T5 quests for a while now.  I turned in my quest and now can only pick up T3 quests as the highest available Tier.  Anyone else have this issue?

I've heard of some people with this problem, though they were all playing with a save from an older build.

29 minutes ago, jetZeds said:

Im questing/living in wasteland and have been doing T5 quests for a while now.  I turned in my quest and now can only pick up T3 quests as the highest available Tier.  Anyone else have this issue?

It is a known issue with the latest update for some people continuing an older save due to some changes that were made.

Copy player to different map failed.

I've tried to copy player from server to local PC to check another map. This failed and the player on the PC always started from scratch. Used the same procedure as in the past which worked fine. Tried the same on the server and it failed too. I have some mods installed but they are the same on server and local PC.

Log on the server shows the following messages:

2024-07-21T15:00:09 226.054 ERR Loading player data failed for player 'EOS_...', rolling back: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.

Parameter name: chars

at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow () [0x00027] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow (System.Text.DecoderNLS decoder, System.Boolean nothingDecoded) [0x00026] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars (System.Byte* bytes, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char* chars, System.Int32 charCount, System.Text.DecoderNLS baseDecoder) [0x0023c] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars (System.Byte* bytes, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char* chars, System.Int32 charCount, System.Boolean flush) [0x00059] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars (System.Byte[] bytes, System.Int32 byteIndex, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char[] chars, System.Int32 charIndex, System.Boolean flush) [0x000a2] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars (System.Byte[] bytes, System.Int32 byteIndex, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char[] chars, System.Int32 charIndex) [0x00000] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

5 hours ago, AllUses said:

Copy player to different map failed.

I've tried to copy player from server to local PC to check another map. This failed and the player on the PC always started from scratch. Used the same procedure as in the past which worked fine. Tried the same on the server and it failed too. I have some mods installed but they are the same on server and local PC.

Log on the server shows the following messages:

2024-07-21T15:00:09 226.054 ERR Loading player data failed for player 'EOS_...', rolling back: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.

Parameter name: chars

at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow () [0x00027] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow (System.Text.DecoderNLS decoder, System.Boolean nothingDecoded) [0x00026] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars (System.Byte* bytes, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char* chars, System.Int32 charCount, System.Text.DecoderNLS baseDecoder) [0x0023c] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars (System.Byte* bytes, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char* chars, System.Int32 charCount, System.Boolean flush) [0x00059] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars (System.Byte[] bytes, System.Int32 byteIndex, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char[] chars, System.Int32 charIndex, System.Boolean flush) [0x000a2] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars (System.Byte[] bytes, System.Int32 byteIndex, System.Int32 byteCount, System.Char[] chars, System.Int32 charIndex) [0x00000] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0

Please post in the right forum section.

19 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Just a video of the most fun I have ever had on a bloodmoon with my family.  Can't wait until our console brothers and sisters can get a taste. 😎

Great video. So cool your family enjoys the game with you. 

Successful horde night! 👍

I think I'm going to make a mod to change mod slots on armor to 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5. It's really annoying to wait until quality 3 to get that second slot, quality 4 feels very underwhelming without increasing slots,, and 4 slots feel really cramped at the legendary quality.

As for the armor and set bonuses, I made my peace with it. If the intent is to let people feel free to pick and choose by not providing strong set bonuses, then it certainly accomplished their goals.

I do wish set bonuses were better, and I do wish Barter and Damage bonuses were higher the more specific they were, and lower the more generic. Like how the Athletic Hat provide the exact same bonuses as the Enforcer Sunglasses despite being much more limited in what it applies to, and with both being Light Armor.

18 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

I think I'm going to make a mod to change mod slots on armor to 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5. It's really annoying to wait until quality 3 to get that second slot, quality 4 feels very underwhelming without increasing slots,, and 4 slots feel really cramped at the legendary quality.

As for the armor and set bonuses, I made my peace with it. If the intent is to let people feel free to pick and choose by not providing strong set bonuses, then it certainly accomplished their goals.

I do wish set bonuses were better, and I do wish Barter and Damage bonuses were higher the more specific they were, and lower the more generic. Like how the Athletic Hat provide the exact same bonuses as the Enforcer Sunglasses despite being much more limited in what it applies to, and with both being Light Armor.

From what I messed with I like being somewhat limited. Gives more of a debate on if I want protection or extra space 

But I hate the armor effects and most armor Buffs in general they just aren't good I'm working on my video right now

As I'll state I think most armors should be styled like the assassin armor. Based on builds/mixed builds

I would Nerf stuff like gloves like preacher instead make them about certain weapon builds while the chest would provide certain Buffs and effects

More stacked effects. Making it so that you really wanna mix and match or wear a full set for some extra bonuses 

On 7/21/2024 at 1:41 AM, jetZeds said:

Yes! I was on the T3 quest line, then when I turned in my latest quest after the update, it gave me rewards for completing T2. I don't think my overall points reset, so I shouldn't have to start the T3 line completely over, but I did lose some progress. 

Territory that comes from experimental, I suppose. It's not a huge deal, but it was very confusing at first.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

Yesterday on my single player play-through I had a clear quest and a big momma spawned inside the house so I backed up into another room while reloading and closed the door as the noise drew some other outside zombies in, when the door was halfway broken through the big momma ducked down and crawled in through the opening. I'm not sure if she may have glitched or not but I thought it added to the intensity of the fight, especially at a low level of game/play stage.

1 hour ago, Eduho said:

Acabo de probar la nueva versión , en el arco cuando apuntas no está alineado la flecha con la x , no se si le ocurre alguien más ...

Yes, this happened to us, too.

The loaded arrow does not properly point to the cross-hair.

13 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Yesterday on my single player play-through I had a clear quest and a big momma spawned inside the house so I backed up into another room while reloading and closed the door as the noise drew some other outside zombies in, when the door was halfway broken through the big momma ducked down and crawled in through the opening. I'm not sure if she may have glitched or not but I thought it added to the intensity of the fight, especially at a low level of game/play stage.

Had this with a dog. He just jumped through the cracked door opening 😂

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

Could we please get an option to select and lock the toolbelt swap items?

I like the feature, but right now I find myself selecting some third item which takes the place of the items I'd like to be swapping.

If such a thing already exists, feel free to excoriate me, but please tell me how to do it.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

@faatal @ Лаз МэнI've been playing 7 Days to Die for long enough to consider myself old. And so I thought about what could be added to the game, which would only make it better. And I noticed that there are survivor bases with military trucks in the world, but there is not a single jeep or something like that and there is not a single tank, although, in my opinion, they would fit very well into the game. It would also be nice to add military helicopters and reporter helicopters. Yes, I agree, there are many mods where all this is partially present, but why rely on mods when you can do it yourself. I hope you have something similar in your plans for the future.
One more nuance. In my opinion, there is no need to bring the pig back into the game. Just because it's unrealistic. Because a domestic pig in the wild will not be the same pink. Over time, she will be covered with fur and will look like a wild boar. Perhaps even the appearance of offspring from a wild boar. The bottom line is that there cannot be wild pink pigs in nature. They can change in a month. And the apocalypse in the game has clearly been going on for months since the launch of the game, but this is, of course, my fault, and I don't think anyone has even thought about it except me, including the developers, but you better know what to do about it, but my opinion is that when you We removed him from the game, and it was the right decision

1 hour ago, Thaledwyn said:

Is it intended, that mountain lions now also spawn in dessert biome and give a 100% red loot bag?

They do spawn in the desert now but not sure about the bags 

But they are put in the mountain lions in the same section as dire wolves