Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

Man I wish the devs would reconsider the Behemoth! 

I have the mod that adds him (or her) back into the game. 

Was terrifying seeing it show up on horde night. Definitely a "holy sh*t moment!

I also have the thick44 large radiated Boe. Scary seeing that thing running towards me too! I see him out in the wild & in poi's.

5 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Man I wish the devs would reconsider the Behemoth! 

I have the mod that adds him (or her) back into the game. 

Was terrifying seeing it show up on horde night. Definitely a "holy sh*t moment!

I also have the thick44 large radiated Boe. Scary seeing that thing running towards me too! I see him out in the wild & in poi's.

How about some zombie that is more puffed than Lumberjack in riot gear. A zombie with a shield on his back or still holding/having attached to his hand? So players would have to aim at a weak spot or sth. 

I'm glad they never went forward with the behemoth.

It would be nice if the zombies/enemies are kept at the level they're at now. I think the Demolisher is a good example of beefing things up without going too far. Nearly all other zombie games are filled with these big claw-faced or tentacle creatures, which kills the zombie vibe.

If TFP needs a little inspiration when it comes to making more boss-like zombies, I suggest taking a look at the movie Return of the Living Dead 3, notably the Riverman. It would also be very appropriate with where bio-tech is in real life at the moment. 

With horror, as far as I'm (and many others are) concerned, the more grounded something is, the more immersive and impactful it will be. That's what makes zombies great. They're simply reanimated dead people. Way more believable than big giant creatures.

I am getting this same error. Anytime someone is getting on or off their vehicle, this error pops up on my pve dedicated server. Been happening for over a month and sometimes I get lucky and the constant scrolling stops after 10 or so minutes other times it does not stop and new players eventually cannot join the game and existing players can freeze. It is definitely an issue and not a simple warning as someone was mentioning. This indeed causes the sever to a force reboot. With 12 players in the server we have had to reboot 4 times within 2 hours. It's reached a point where we may just shutdown till a fix comes about. It's only upsetting people to where they no longer want to play.

Setting angular velocity of a kinematic body is not supported.

Setting linear velocity of a kinematic body is not supported.

3 hours ago, Brutus911 said:

I am getting this same error. Anytime someone is getting on or off their vehicle, this error pops up on my pve dedicated server. Been happening for over a month and sometimes I get lucky and the constant scrolling stops after 10 or so minutes other times it does not stop and new players eventually cannot join the game and existing players can freeze. It is definitely an issue and not a simple warning as someone was mentioning. This indeed causes the sever to a force reboot. With 12 players in the server we have had to reboot 4 times within 2 hours. It's reached a point where we may just shutdown till a fix comes about. It's only upsetting people to where they no longer want to play.

They have said that's going to be throttled to fewer warnings within a short time frame.  Just wait for the update.  It might even already be available in 1.1 EXP.  It is still a warning (errors in this game are red in console and start with ERR).  Warnings can generally be ignored.  This particular error is spamming the log, which makes ignoring it difficult or impossible if that happens, but it's still a warning in that beyond the possible spam on a server causing lag, it won't break the game.

I understand that the wait for an update can be a pain, especially if it's causing you problems.  But they've been quiet for since the last 1.1 EXP patch.  This is either due to vacations or because they are working to fix a lot of the bugs that came up with console and aren't going to release an update until most of those are taken care of, or both.  Not really anything we can do except wait.

19 hours ago, TWORDY said:

How about some zombie that is more puffed than Lumberjack in riot gear. A zombie with a shield on his back or still holding/having attached to his hand? So players would have to aim at a weak spot or sth. 

Absolutely!! I think the more zombie variants, the better. 

More boss type zombies too. Like the Behemoth mentioned above, or others similar to Grace.

17 hours ago, Arez said:

I'm glad they never went forward with the behemoth.

It would be nice if the zombies/enemies are kept at the level they're at now. I think the Demolisher is a good example of beefing things up without going too far. Nearly all other zombie games are filled with these big claw-faced or tentacle creatures, which kills the zombie vibe.

If TFP needs a little inspiration when it comes to making more boss-like zombies, I suggest taking a look at the movie Return of the Living Dead 3, notably the Riverman. It would also be very appropriate with where bio-tech is in real life at the moment. 

With horror, as far as I'm (and many others are) concerned, the more grounded something is, the more immersive and impactful it will be. That's what makes zombies great. They're simply reanimated dead people. Way more believable than big giant creatures.

I can definitely respect that. You have a great point. I just want more zombies period. The variant outfits was a great step forward and much appreciated. 

Whether it's bosses or just more variety, I'm fine with either. 

Nice reference to Return of the Living Dead 3. So should they add his coin to the game as well? As long as you're holding it, he won't attack you, lol. 

Julie would be a hot/scary zombie to run into!!

11 hours ago, Brutus911 said:

Is it definitely because of the vehicle? I've talked to several dedicated server owners, almost all of them have performance issues because of trees planted by players, but no one has issues because of the vehicle. Maybe you have some mods that conflict?

4 hours ago, Suxar said:

Is it definitely because of the vehicle? I've talked to several dedicated server owners, almost all of them have performance issues because of trees planted by players, but no one has issues because of the vehicle. Maybe you have some mods that conflict?

There is an acknowledged problem/bug with that message spamming servers.  It doesn't seem to happen to every server, though.  But if it starts spamming non-stop, it will definitely lag a server badly just like any message being spammed.  They are going to throttle the message so it shouldn't lag servers anymore.  Maybe they'll find the cause of why it happens with some servers and fix that as well.

11 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Absolutely!! I think the more zombie variants, the better. 

More boss type zombies too. Like the Behemoth mentioned above, or others similar to Grace.

I can definitely respect that. You have a great point. I just want more zombies period. The variant outfits was a great step forward and much appreciated. 

Whether it's bosses or just more variety, I'm fine with either. 

The Behemoth looks like some mystic Earth Elemental creature rather than something grounded in post-apo zombie game. Perhaps a creature taken out of a Resident Evil... dunno.

downloadedsf.jpg

On 8/1/2024 at 5:06 PM, faatal said:

If you don't play multiplayer, then you would not see the message. Being that it is a warning, you would never see the message unless you look at the console or log for them.

Unity used to not care about you setting velocities on a kinematic RigidBody and then in 2022 they added a warning to tell you the velocity does not do anything because kinematic objects are not moved by velocities. Warnings don't break the game. I log plenty or these every day for all manner of testing. They are the same as a normal log message except they say "warning". Now, if there is a lot of spam of any type of message then it may cause a small performance hit, but it should not crash.

I found two places in vehicle code where it happens and fixed them. One seems to be an actual bug where the vehicle would not have its velocity transferred when the server resumes ownership of the vehicle.

@faatal the vehicle bug still exists in experimental, however not as often... did last experimental hotfix overwrite your fix? w/e the case the vehicle bug still can appears in experimental version

Screenshot 2024-09-17 123533.png

On 9/16/2024 at 2:56 AM, Outlaw_187 said:

So should they add his coin to the game as well? As long as you're holding it, he won't attack you, lol.

Ooo now we're adding depth to the situation. I was just talking about biomechanically upgraded zombies, but that would be a type of nuanced feature that would be really cool. 

I was running around on my server in the wasteland city and almost no zombies in the streets. Cities are very populated and there needs to be more wandering zombies in the streets. Yes I know about the Wandering Hordes Mod and tried it, but I shouldn't have to resort to using a mod for zombies that should be wandering in cities.

Does anyone here knows much about SteanDB entries?

There's been many entries in the last few days about this:

Changed Early Access Release Date – 13 December 2013 › 13 December 2013

In Steam, it already shows 13 December 2013 as the early access date, in the lower part of the Steam store page.

My question is: What are TFP trying to change that is already there?

29 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

I was running around on my server in the wasteland city and almost no zombies in the streets. Cities are very populated and there needs to be more wandering zombies in the streets. Yes I know about the Wandering Hordes Mod and tried it, but I shouldn't have to resort to using a mod for zombies that should be wandering in cities.

It seems to be a bug that they are trying to figure out.  There is a topic in general support about it.  If you have additional info, it might help them to figure out what is happening.

On 9/16/2024 at 5:37 PM, TWORDY said:

The Behemoth looks like some mystic Earth Elemental creature rather than something grounded in post-apo zombie game. Perhaps a creature taken out of a Resident Evil... dunno.

downloadedsf.jpg

True. He would be an odd fit but one could make that argument for the spider zombie and mutated zombie as well. 

I agree though, Behemoth does look straight out of Resident Evil...but that's not a bad thing. 

They could give us tar man from Return of the Living Dead, or that sewer zombie from Return of the Living Dead 2, he always creeped me out as a kid. 

Hell lots of inspiration could be taken from Return of the Living Dead zombies. The series definitely gets a little (lot) ridiculous as it went on but they definitely had some creative zombies!

12 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

We shouldn't have to rely on mods to improve the game, period.

21 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

Why is it that the Treasure map chests disappear after emptying them and the buried loot quest chests do not???

It's for loot respawn gremlins.  If loot respawning is enabled, those little guys get busy and fill all the containers with loot.  They only like empty containers though, so make sure to toss anything you don't want on the ground.  So yeah, keep those treasure map chests on your map and you can find new loot in them.

I am probably wrong on if they respawn loot or not.  I am pretty sure they do lol.  I don't play with loot respawning though, so i never think to look.