Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

One feature mentioned in the latest dev stream is that tougher zombies later in the game have had their HP scaled to provide more of a challenge. Has their health been rebalanced outright, for both singleplayer and multiplayer, or does this mean that zombie health will scale for multiplayer? Can anyone comment on this? :)

4 minutes ago, HeLLKnight said:

So if stream weekend is targeting june 21, any dev stream planned for this week?

If not, I wonder if TFP are trying to not show too much of 1.0 to keep us pleasant surprises... 😎

I believe the next dev stream is going to feature gameplay from The Fun Pimps directly. :)

8 minutes ago, HeLLKnight said:

So if stream weekend is targeting june 21, any dev stream planned for this week?

If not, I wonder if TFP are trying to not show too much of 1.0 to keep us pleasant surprises... 😎

where did you get the june 21 info??

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Announced at the beginning of and in the Q&A section of the second dev stream.

Thanks I just haven't had time to go through all the info out there yet. I wish they'd have like a roadmap to release page somewhere, where this could all be consolidated and viewed in a couple taps. ❤️ Thanks for the reply!

1 hour ago, HeLLKnight said:

Friday June 14 should be the last dev stream.

Lathan, Joel and Richard will be playing the game. Should be fun to watch.

3 hours ago, Ouabi Gaming said:

The icons only show on missions. And I'm used to play with my ears a lot.
But I'll pay attention.

Ah... yeah, if you aren't in a mission, you don't get that.  But you don't usually need to know where it is otherwise unless you're trying to clear a POI for a base or if you have a horde base that has options for zombies to end up above you and below you without being able to see them, which would be an unusual base layout, though not "wrong".

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

Question for the dev stream, though I don't mind if you answer it right now too. With the traders being nerfed, will the bicycle still be a quest reward for tier 1 completion?

The way they talked about it in the dev stream, I don't think that will change.  But they didn't address it directly.  They just mentioned rushing the tier 1 quests to get it, IIRC.

1 hour ago, Aurrius said:

where did you get the june 21 info??

Here's the full release info from dev diary 2 (Note that it's also added to the "Alpha 22/1.0 dev stream stuff" thread in Discussions):

Tentative schedule for 1.0::: June 21 streamer weekend starts, June 24 experimental, July 25 stable PC/console release.

Note that those dates may change and are not promises or guarantees.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

3 hours ago, HeLLKnight said:

I want it now! 

HEY TFP if your looking for a console demo player let me know 😉 

On 6/9/2024 at 12:26 AM, faatal said:

Highest and High are 3, 26, which are the ones we are trying to fix before experimental. Those numbers generally go up at first as it usually takes less time to find bugs, than fix them.

In some cases you fix a bug, but then it comes back to you. Like I fixed the mountain lions rear end jittering when turning, but then they found a case where it does it when sliding around cars, so have to figure that one out. Cue funny remarks...

Personally, I would find it funnier if you referred to mountain lions as cougars; they are the same after all. Then maybe replace jittering with shaking or perhaps even twerking.

Now think how much more interesting the comments would be if you had mentioned the bug of "seeing the cougars rear end twerking." I would guess that quite a few people might even want you to leave it in there and not fix it at all; as they would prefer to see cougars twerking.

Edited by stretch611 (see edit history)

@faatal Currently if you have the perk for silencers dont reduce damage the stats still show in red that the damage of the weapon is reduced. will this be fixed in 1.0?

spacer.png

Have the variable stats between item quality levels been adjusted for 1.0? Currently, a purple item (example shown above) is always marginally better than a blue version, but the difference is entirely negligible, and I wouldn't imagine anyone caring about being able to craft a purple item if the increase in stats is only 2-5%. :)

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

spacer.png

Have the variable stats between item quality levels been adjusted for 1.0? Currently, a purple item (example shown above) is always marginally better than a blue version, but the difference is entirely negligible, and I wouldn't imagine anyone caring about being able to craft a purple item if the increase in stats is only 2-5%. :)

It should be like 3.5% or something 

22 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

It should be like 3.5% or something 

Well, currently, the scaling between tiers is completely uniform. (The difference between 33.4 and 33.6 damage is negligible, so I question the point of random stats. Hopefully this too is addressed for the new version.) So let's say an orange baseball bat has 5% better stats than a brown, and the yellow has 5% better stats than the orange, and it keeps on going into level 6.

Here's me hoping we get more meaningful differences both in hard stats and variable stats in 1.0. For example, the difference in damage and durability in a brown vs an orange baseball bat (and speaking for all quality levels here, just giving an example) could be more like ~10%, with purple providing ~20-25% greater stats than blue. To compensate, the average stats of lower quality level items could be lowered.

39 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

spacer.png

and an extra mod slot or no?

3 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

and an extra mod slot or no?

Currently, no, at least for tier 3 items. I would add this to my wishlist though. Still, an additional modslot is not going to get many people excited if the difference in stats is 2-5%. It absolutely needs to be higher imo.

@faatal What’s your estimate as to how many zombies let’s say a current day mid range machine will be able to handle with the various improvements that a coming with 1.0.

Also what about a normal server with the improvement can we go higher with the spawned zombies and keep the frame rates decent (decent means 30-ish frames per second)

ALL TROLLS THIS IS JUST AN ESTIMATE NO BEING BUTT HURT IF ITS NOT 100% ACCURATE!!!!

24 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Currently, no, at least for tier 3 items. I would add this to my wishlist though. Still, an additional modslot is not going to get many people excited if the difference in stats is 2-5%. It absolutely needs to be higher imo.

Remember that an extra mod slot with someone in it also increases stats.

39 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

I didn't know you could put players in mod slots! Wow, games be getting crazy!

LOL!  Darn phone gave away the secret.  Adding a person to the mod slot will increase it's power tenfold.  :D

12 hours ago, spud42 said:

@faatal Currently if you have the perk for silencers dont reduce damage the stats still show in red that the damage of the weapon is reduced. will this be fixed in 1.0?

Probably not for experimental. Maybe for stable or post stable.

Edit: Allan just tested and shows in green.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

One thing that I would like to see changed is drinking. 

Ever since making of jars has been removed from the game, it's hard to get a drink.  Add to it the fact that you need to get a hold of a pot in order to boil water adds to the problem. It can be hard to get a pot  sometimes as a lot of finding what you need depends on luck. 

The Dew catchers help a little but the thing is gated with an expensive part that can only be gotten though the vender. 

Sure you can drink from a ditch or murky water that you find but it takes away your health. 

If I were in this situation in real life. I would setup a bunch of buckets to catch the water when it rained and drink that. 

Maybe adding this to the game would be better. At least until you could get your hands on a pot. 

53 minutes ago, sillls said:

One thing that I would like to see changed is drinking. 

Ever since making of jars has been removed from the game, it's hard to get a drink.  Add to it the fact that you need to get a hold of a pot in order to boil water adds to the problem. It can be hard to get a pot  sometimes as a lot of finding what you need depends on luck. 

The Dew catchers help a little but the thing is gated with an expensive part that can only be gotten though the vender. 

Sure you can drink from a ditch or murky water that you find but it takes away your health. 

If I were in this situation in real life. I would setup a bunch of buckets to catch the water when it rained and drink that. 

Maybe adding this to the game would be better. At least until you could get your hands on a pot. 

Really, just a bit of practice makes water acquisition a non-issue.

Plenty of murkies available as you mission and loot, plus pots are always available from a Roach Coach. You can also buy pots from the trader for 600 dukes. Day 1.

But these are things you grasp the more you play. In any acquisition game, you must have an eye for it. If you're busy being frustrated that you don't have a bucket in game as you would in real life, you're going to die of thirst with water all around you.

1 hour ago, sillls said:

If the world was plagued by zombies and it looks like Nuclear bombs went off, the last thing I would do is drink rainwater.......   😉